New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Just found my first mushroom biome ever in my new singleplayer game, it's a small chain of three tiny islands, with only two naturally occoring giant mushrooms, one brown one red, each on opposite sides of the chain. Did plant and grow one red mushroom for the fun of it though.

Took me about... a day and a half worth of traveling in one direction i think? i left one day, kept sailing through the night, then all day again, and now it's the seccond night when i found it. Took a screenshot of the cho-ords, so hopefully i can find it again at some point. i'll need to come back after enchanting a silk touch pick or shovel so i can grab some of the micillium.

No mooshrooms however sadly, not a single one. ahh well, would have been a huge pain to bring them all the way back home, and i don't have any wheat on me anyways :P
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

So does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong with my quarry?, If it helps to figure out the problem, the quarry is 32x32 and is about 10 blocks above the ground(with the items from it traveling about 16 blocks in a strait line before heading into a series of diamond pipes which are meant to sort the items so they dont fill up the chests too quickly)
    edit; another tekkit bug I'm having is a lack of sound for some reason, the tekkit menus dont even have sound effects for some reason.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-18 at 04:54 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

3. - Top - End - #783
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    So does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong with my quarry?, If it helps to figure out the problem, the quarry is 32x32 and is about 10 blocks above the ground(with the items from it traveling about 16 blocks in a strait line before heading into a series of diamond pipes which are meant to sort the items so they dont fill up the chests too quickly)
    edit; another tekkit bug I'm having is a lack of sound for some reason, the tekkit menus dont even have sound effects for some reason.
    Nope. Mostly because I can't see what you're doing. Upload the save?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground

I dont have the save, but i can upload some screen shots of the quarry.
    edit; darn, the server's down, I'll see if i can recreate the quarry design in ssp, and i'll upload screen shots either from it, or from the server if it comes back online
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-07-18 at 10:02 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    You're right it wasn't deleted. However, now it is, and the whitescreen thing keeps happening.
    Yea... you need to delete META-INF before starting to install mods. Deleting it after you install Forge does Bad Things as well.

Start with a fresh install. Delete META-INF, drag and drop in Forge. Run it. See if that works.

Also make sure you have the latest edition of Forge that comes with FML and the 4096 fix.

DO NOT use Modloader. It's not necessary anymore.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-07-18 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Yea... you need to delete META-INF before starting to install mods. Deleting it after you install Forge does Bad Things as well.

Start with a fresh install. Delete META-INF, drag and drop in Forge. Run it. See if that works.

Also make sure you have the latest edition of Forge that comes with FML and the 4096 fix.

DO NOT use Modloader. It's not necessary anymore.
    I'm switching to MultiMC again. I ran it vanilla, then ran it with only forge, then tried to run it with everything... but despite all that, it still said "Error: the directory is not empty."
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #787

When is ironcraft going to be judged, and when's the next one start?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #788

You missed it, and who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    After much waiting and forgetting, the Ironcraft: Airships results are finally in!

Spoiler
    Show
    In first place: jbhaugh!

In second place: arcanamage!

In third place: Untrainedmonkey and cstruble with a tie!

(untrainedmonkey's)

(cstruble's)

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ettin in the Playground

Is the tekkit server down for everyone?, i haven't been able to connect for about a day now, but i wasn't 100% sure if it was just on my end or not.
    Also, does anyone have ideas for uses for the railcraft(?[not 100% if it's the railcraft mod]) rails from tekkit?, The elevator ones seem neat, but i'm having trouble figuring out how the others work.
    Also, how viable/useful is a railway made using redpower?, Using the motors and frames to make a cart/train which can transport several chests at once.
    I've gotten it to go about 20 blocks at the moment, but that was on a creative mode world, with a large field of solars
    Meow(Steam page)

10. - Top - End - #790
    Barbarian in the Playground

For anyone who has experience with the Technic pack... does it make cave spiders spawn naturally? Because whenever I sleep in my bed, there's always 3 or 4 cave spiders on my roof after I wake up. I do live next to some ruins that I found a couple spawners in... Hmm...

Edit: Turns out there was a spawner in the ruins, where spiders could jump down onto my home. I've managed to destroy it now, thankfully.
    Last edited by Augmental; 2012-07-20 at 02:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #791

It doesn't make them spawn naturally so i'd say they are coming up from where the spawners are. I found a CARuin that has a Cave spider spawner aswell as a Blaze spawner well above ground
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

12. - Top - End - #792
    Halfling in the Playground

Added a friend, skasocks, to the whitelist.

Also, mind giving me some assistance with my whole "spawn in Nether surrounded by Ghasts" issue? :P
    Fish.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Dwarf in the Playground

If I could get the information for the tekkit server, that would be greatly appreciated. ALSO I have been told by a fellow Project Assistant here at GIV that you should get rid of the Equivalent Exchange on Tekkit, that it will kill the server. I trust him greatly with this. It will give people End game far to fast.

Thanks, will keep in touch!
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ettin in the Playground

Not all EE is bad, the bombs are fun, and they dont destroy blocks, the philsopherer's stone and alchemy chest are fun too
    Meow(Steam page)

15. - Top - End - #795
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Not all EE is bad, the bombs are fun, and they dont destroy blocks, the philsopherer's stone and alchemy chest are fun too
    The Black + Red Matter Tools and Furnaces aren't bad, either. It's the Energy Collector that really causes trouble, maybe the Condenser.
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

16. - Top - End - #796

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfly View Post
    The Black + Red Matter Tools and Furnaces aren't bad, either. It's the Energy Collector that really causes trouble, maybe the Condenser.
    Condenser and the other parts like it are the biggest issues. Basically anything that lets you transmute lots of stuff into little amounts of better stuff is the problem.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Bugbear in the Playground

Condenser and the other parts like it are the biggest issues. Basically anything that lets you transmute lots of stuff into little amounts of better stuff is the problem.
    I feel like that's kind of the point behind EE, though- an Exchange. You certainly have a point, but I also feel that Tekkit wouldn't feel like Tekkit without that mod- it's one of the major parts of it, after all.
    Awesome Shiny Butterfree avatar by Terry576.

18. - Top - End - #798

Its taken a lot of effort but now i am very slowly boring a tunnel to my Norman town base.

Also had a Redstone Engine explode... didn't think they could do that
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

The problem is that EE runs at so epic a level that you NEED the output you can get with it to get anywhere with Dark Matter, much less Red Matter. But Energy Collectors are basically 'wait and get free stuff'. It's not even transmuting a double chest full of cobble into a diamond, it's waiting a couple of minutes and getting a diamond. Once you get your collector array going, it gets much faster than that.

Granted, considering how much EMC is required for your RM gear, you NEED that much EMC output. But it absolutely trivializes everything else, and can be put together as soon as you get into the Nether. If it required a lot to get it going, like say Research the way TC2 does, it would be a lot more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Also had a Redstone Engine explode... didn't think they could do that
    They only explode if they are running and have nothing they are attached to. If they've got a wood pipe they are feeding power into, they won't overheat. But left alone, it can. The other way is if you 'daisy chain' them.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-07-21 at 06:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ettin in the Playground

What can I build with a piston? I am thinking about building something for my Minecraft buildings and I am kinda thinking about using more on piston, which I usually ignored in building a new structure. Any Ideas?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

21. - Top - End - #801
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    What can I build with a piston? I am thinking about building something for my Minecraft buildings and I am kinda thinking about using more on piston, which I usually ignored in building a new structure. Any Ideas?
    Buildings that build themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

on a slightly more practical note. You can set up automatic doors, hidden passages, window blinds, and other things like lighting you can turn on and off(althogh this can be done with redstone lamps now) also most of these would need sticky pistons. piston+slime

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

There are several things you can do with a piston:

1) Automatic bridge dispenser. Have a pair of cobble generators, with pistons pushing the cobble out. This can be used to make a sort of drawbridge.

2) Concealed Door. This requires sticky pistons, but you can use whatever material everything else is made of, and it's nearly undetectable. For extra sneakiness, don't have a button or pressure plate... you need to be able to drop a redstone torch on a certain square to activate, then pop the torch after you pass through.

3) Floor becomes a staircase. Requires a lot of pistons to go any length, but you can make a secret escape hatch using pistons to depress the floor into a staircase.

4) A redstone signal can go through one solid block. Use a piston as a toggle switch in a redstone circuit?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

One thing I always use a piston for is automated wheat harvesting. Have a block of water blocked when the piston is extended. When it retracts, the water goes free and collects all the wheat in one location. I'm pretty sure there is a better way to do it with melons that doesn't require replanting though...
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

25. - Top - End - #805
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    One thing I always use a piston for is automated wheat harvesting. Have a block of water blocked when the piston is extended. When it retracts, the water goes free and collects all the wheat in one location. I'm pretty sure there is a better way to do it with melons that doesn't require replanting though...
    Piston next to the plant, facing upwards. Melon spawns on piston (didn't test this, hope it works), piston extends, breaking melon. Collect. (Possibly with water, if you can find a way to let the water stream past the plants, otherwise just walking.) (Or is that what you did already? Again, I'll need more testing, I only had the idea and tested the melon-breaking with the piston.)

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

26. - Top - End - #806

Just place sticky pistons under the dirt around the plant that push up. Don't know when he made it, but etho did just that.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've found a temple with iron blocks on the roof, and iron, gold and lapis lazuli walkways inside. Before the first night. I'll never be short on iron ever again.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #808

I partially retract what i said about Railcraft. Its great once it gets going but it still is annoying to set up ~ When you just want to throw some rail down and start and are unable its infuriating.

Just Completed a 1080m tunnel from my Home base to my Secondary Base
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

So fun with buildcraft/industrial craft. I have gold. A lot of gold. In fact, one of my quarries hit a gold vein. I don't have a lot of iron. And the iron I do have is pretty much all directed to machine making. Now, rail making: Remember all that gold I have? I'm thinking powered rails for everything. Also this raises a question: Does redstone signal decay on powered rails?

Also fun with chickens: Obsidian pipes make for easy automated egg gathering. Exponential growth is fun. Also before the baby chickens are full grown graphical errors make them appear to repeatedly fly in and out of their pen. I think I'll stop if it starts happening en masse with all of the chickens.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-07-24 at 09:40 AM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

30. - Top - End - #810

Quick test on my test world showed they conduct for 9 blocks from a power souce
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet