New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

So i read up on it and tried the suggested things and they didn't work.
    The most notable thing that is missing is the Marble (and Gem Tool were cool as well).

With a New version of Vanilla Minecraft incoming i think i'll leave the world of errattic mods behind and go explore my world some more

Spoiler
    Show

Err...

So my Technic Launcher updated and now i have a world without all the good stuff (IC2, Redpower, buildcraft etc)

Will all the come back when they update those mods or am i stuck with a bizarre world that's half as good as it was previously (or is there a way to reset it back to what it was prior to the change - i didn't ask it to update it and wouldn't let me play till it had downloaded what it was doing.

It was freaky heading back to my Main base and having to cross the vast chasms where marble had been and i am glad i was on the ground floor of my Secondary base as every floor above it was marble as well

Last edited by Leon; 2012-07-29 at 06:32 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Anyone know how to fire the cannons in tekkit?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Augmental View Post
    Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do with all these Thaumcraft artifacts?
    Research them in the Q-thingy. They have a higher chance to succeed than with even blocks of diamond... and that's the common ones. Rarer ones have higher chances.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

Buildcraft question: Can I pump water directly into buckets?
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

5. - Top - End - #845
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Not that I know of, but you can right click storage tanks (the red and glass things) to fill them.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Just a heads up as everyone else seems too busy with Tekket ATM, but we've had two more derpchunks pop up in RP town, both of them jungle. One of them ate up the entirety of the Alchemist's house next to Deme's tower and the town hall, (Both of wich were left unharmed) And the other one ate up a small chunk of the marketplace and maybe a bit of the wall there, probably lost a testificate or two to that.

We also seem to have had either a creeper explosion or a sabotur on the gate furthest away from the market, as there's a large hole just below the iron bars and no sign of pistons.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Augmental View Post
    Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do with all these Thaumcraft artifacts? I found them in some chests that were on top of cobblestone deep underground. I also found an Axe of the Stream and a FORTH Boot Disk. Technic is crazy.
    Actually, these are a result of various mods that Technic uses, some of which are still without permission.

Thaumcraft artifacts are a great boon to any Thaumaturigist wishing to make new discoveries in his Quasitum. However, I've found some interesting things out about them.

First off, don't blow artifacts on your initial stage of research. Just research about three stacks of cobble. Odds are you'll get some Fragments of Lost Knowledge.

Now, you can place artifacts in secondary and tirtiary slots to augment the research boost to find a discovery. This is the best use I've seen of them. With a full library of 30 bookshelves arranged in a 5 x 5 square around the Q-block, you're now ready to start discovering.

This will help you quickly find most of the Lost discoveries. To find Forbidden discoveries, you need to research less savory things. Perhaps those skulls that the angry looking red-eyed zombies drop. Or their brains. Or other forbidden artifacts, but I'd suggest only starting out with Common or Uncommon artifacts until you get some Fragments of Forbidden Knowledge, then use your less common artifacts to boost your chance of making a discovery. Same goes with Tainted and Eldritch.

An Axe of the Stream is a very valuable little toy. Basically, it acts like Treecapitator, and right click draws items to you from a radius.

A FORTH boot disk is from Redpower2, used with a Computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

8. - Top - End - #848
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by forsyther View Post
    Spaaaaaaaaaaaaam. Eggs and Spaaaaaaaaaaam.
    Uh, what? I don't believe the topic of piracy was mentioned. If it was, it doesn't matter - we're not promoting it. Weird.

Anyway, adding yet another friend to the whitelist - Morguemeat. Also, thanks for the teleport, Ogre... I think.

EDIT: I notice that my other addition to the whitelist, skasocks, is still there. I did post for him, by the way. It's kind of been a while. :P

EDIT2: Hey, anybody recognise this texture pack? Tis a screenshot a friend of mine sent, and he is not available to answer my question. I believe it's one I had, once, but I lost it along with all my others when I reinstalled Minecraft on this PC.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-07-30 at 08:07 AM.
    Fish.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Just a heads up as everyone else seems too busy with Tekket ATM, but we've had two more derpchunks pop up in RP town, both of them jungle. One of them ate up the entirety of the Alchemist's house next to Deme's tower and the town hall, (Both of wich were left unharmed) And the other one ate up a small chunk of the marketplace and maybe a bit of the wall there, probably lost a testificate or two to that.

We also seem to have had either a creeper explosion or a sabotur on the gate furthest away from the market, as there's a large hole just below the iron bars and no sign of pistons.
    So that makes five or six now?, Anyone have any idea why they've started popping up so rapidly?(also, darn, the rest of my shop got taken out as well?)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uke Fox View Post
    EDIT2: Hey, anybody recognise this texture pack? Tis a screenshot a friend of mine sent, and he is not available to answer my question. I believe it's one I had, once, but I lost it along with all my others when I reinstalled Minecraft on this PC.
    Looks like a Painterly pack.

EDIT: Looking at the glowstone, and a few others, it looks quite a bit like John Smith Texture Pack.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-07-30 at 11:46 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #851
    Troll in the Playground

Vanilla minecraft can, can't it? In 1.3 released in a few days.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Vanilla minecraft can, can't it? In 1.3 released in a few days.
    Vanilla doesn't even have pumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    So that makes five or six now?, Anyone have any idea why they've started popping up so rapidly?(also, darn, the rest of my shop got taken out as well?)
    RPtown is not of this world. And now the world.... is fighting back!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #854
    Titan in the Playground

Yes and no.

Pumps can pump water straight into machines (like Combustion Engines), and into Tanks.

If you have Forestry, the Bottler can do this.

If you have Redpower2, a Deployer can fill buckets from an infinite water source.

What Forbiddenwar is referring to is the change to Dispensers that let them fill buckets. Getting them into and out of the dispenser may be somewhat problematic, however. Probably would require a logic gate on a wooden pipe to apply redstone signal to power the redstone engine when it contains a full water bucket.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #855
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Yeah, that one looks terrifying. I'm awful at jumping, so not gonna try that.
    yeah my brother plays that on a laggy laptop, so it kind of sucks for him XD. but i would like to play it.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hey admins, we need to update Runecraft. There are a few runes in the next version that I absolutely NEED. Ty.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phhase View Post
    Hey admins, we need to update Runecraft. There are a few runes in the next version that I absolutely NEED. Ty.
    On the subject of updating the server, how long do you think it will take to update to 1.3?

18. - Top - End - #858
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phhase View Post
    If you're talking about Faith Transfer Portal, it's been disabled for reasons.
    @^:Less than a day after bukkit and the plugins have all updated and we know it.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-07-31 at 01:43 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

FYI, there's a new mod being developed called Simple Server Mods which have three different sections to it:

SimplePermissions. Gives a tiered permissions system, not unlike Bukkit Essentials

SimpleCommands. Gives a set of commands, and works with the tiered permissions from SimplePermissions to allow various levels of permissions for the commands.

SimpleProtect. Griefer protection. Similar in concept to Bukkit Worldguard.

These mods are still under construction, pending 1.3's release, however they should implement a lot of functionality that Bukkit provides, without needing bukkit ports for every mod.

While not ready for release yet, it's quite exciting. Something to keep an eye on, anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #860

Can people get whitelisted, pretty please? :c
    Fish.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ettin in the Playground

Can people get whitelisted, pretty please? :c
    Only if they, personally, use this forum. They don't just need to know someone (you) who uses it, they need to use it themselves.

I think that's the policy, at least.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Only if they, personally, use this forum. They don't just need to know someone (you) who uses it, they need to use it themselves.

I think that's the policy, at least.
    Hasn't really been followed, so I can assume not.
    LGBTA+itP

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Hasn't really been followed, so I can assume not.
    Does it allow "someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who uses the forum?" 'Cause that's most of the planet. Even allowing one degree of separation beyond forum members (like what he's trying) defeats the purpose of a whitelist.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

24. - Top - End - #864

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    Stuff
    They can be whitelisted as long as a post in the GITP thread is made. So, someone who knows someone on the forum.
    I don't see anyone who needs whitelisting.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    If you're talking about Faith Transfer Portal, it's been disabled for reasons.
    Pretty sure he's talking about 2.13, which, yeah, we need. Curses, other stuff, and more awesome.

And I still say a gentleman's agreement about that would work.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Pretty sure he's talking about 2.13, which, yeah, we need. Curses, other stuff, and more awesome.

Unless there is a way to enable runes for only some users the "gentleman's agreement" might not work
    Meow(Steam page)

27. - Top - End - #867

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    They can be whitelisted as long as a post in the GITP thread is made. So, someone who knows someone on the forum.
    I don't see anyone who needs whitelisting.
    I've posted several times! Two people; skasocks and Morguemeat. Seeing as you're around for now, Sapo, I thought I'd bring it up again in hopes of catching your attention!

EDIT: With regards to the Faith rune and such; like many tools present in Minecraft, runes may be used for griefing purposes, it's true. However, isn't there a thing that allows the 'staff' to roll back edits, as well as know who did them in the first place? All a Faith rune does is save a griefer some time, really, at the cost of the materials needed for the rune.
    Last edited by Uke Fox; 2012-08-01 at 10:40 AM.
    Fish.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post

Yeah, I mean curses and stuff. What does Faith Transfer portal do?
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

29. - Top - End - #869

I've posted several times! Two people; skasocks and Morguemeat. Seeing as you're around for now, Sapo, I thought I'd bring it up again in hopes of catching your attention!
    Sorry, I didn't see it. Might have been in Utah at the time; that was recent.
    Added.
    (If people aren't being added, you can PM me, I'll definitely see that)
    Edit: Okay, looked through the runes added, and the question is, why do we want them on the server? On paper, it may seem that they're good for guarding your stuff, but the thing that's good for guarding your stuff is a plugin which we use to find and ban people. The thing that these would add is the ability to do indirect harm to people in a hard to trace way, and we don't need that.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-08-01 at 03:22 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #870
    Dwarf in the Playground

So.... I seem to have run into problems with getting onto the tekkit server. I managed to get one of the mods that I needed to download out of the way, but now I am being told that I need to have mod_TubeStuff 49.1.1. If someone could baby me through the way of how to download the mod, get it into a file that I need to have it in, so that Tekkit mod loader can find it and take it, so that I can manage to get onto the server, then I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

P.S. If you can dumb the instructions as much as possible, then I would greatly appreciate that :D
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.