New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Alright, I'm currently planning out a massive technological fortress/academy.

redstone contraptions galore, potion making, libraries (No enchanting though),

Thus far I plan on building a disposals system that consists of conveyer belts to a furnace, a large potions room, a conservatory, Some form of space cannon that launches you straight up into a hovering space station built as high as humanly possible....

Any ideas?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Is there any plugin that can be added to the server that duplicates the Treecapitator/Timber! mods?

Having to whac-a-mole at leaves to find hidden wood blocks stopping decay when a tree cut down is a major pain...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Construction of my NPC village is underway.

First structure: well, the well.
    Second: St. Creeper's of Inconsequentia.
    Spoiler
    Show

And the Holy Redstone Torch:
    Spoiler
    Show

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Is there any plugin that can be added to the server that duplicates the Treecapitator/Timber! mods?

Having to whac-a-mole at leaves to find hidden wood blocks stopping decay when a tree cut down is a major pain...
    God yes. It's the thing I hate most about resource gathering. My farm is built to minimize that, but it still happens on occasion. Terrible.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

You guys know that with three of the four tree types, there are no branches? And you can get wood from all four? Unless you specifically want that color of wood plank or log, no reason not to switch over to pine or birch.
    LGBTA+itP

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    You guys know that with three of the four tree types, there are no branches? And you can get wood from all four? Unless you specifically want that color of wood plank or log, no reason not to switch over to pine or birch.
    It comes up a great deal when clearing land. It's the most common type, it appears.

Now yeah, I can tweak my farm to use the other kinds(and in fact, I do plant them too), but I do need all four tree types from time to time, and clearing land is a big factor for me.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    It comes up a great deal when clearing land. It's the most common type, it appears.

. . .
    clearing land is a big factor for me.
    Clear it with Fire
    WITH FIRE!

In all seriousness, if you have strange leaf blocks hanging in the air, it should be perfectly safe to do this. After the nerf, fire can only jump 1 block of air down or horizontally and four blocks of air up.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-05-11 at 03:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    You could do what Ogremindes did and make housing. Check out his castle area with the telerune that's up the northern road at /spawn, through the doors, and on the left.
    How does one actually use the telerune?

EDIT: Nevermind, spotted a video about it.

EDIT2: This... is a lot of houses. Holy crap am I lost. Are we sure the person who built this wasn't half-cthulu?
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2012-05-11 at 04:40 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Duh.
    But, as pointed out, oaks are everywhere naturally.
    Plus, having the whole tree drop when you knock out the bottom block of wood is handy, both from saving time and effort and not having to pillar up to get the last block or two on tall trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Clear it with Fire
    WITH FIRE!

In all seriousness, if you have strange leaf blocks hanging in the air, it should be perfectly safe to do this. After the nerf, fire can only jump 1 block of air down or horizontally and four blocks of air up.
    The trouble begins when we want to get all the wood.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

To whoever domesticated a lot of cats and put them in the residential district of New Rome, near the 9-block permenant bonfire:

I was sprinting out of my house there and accidentally pushed one in. I believe it was orange.

On another note, I believe it was said that if one could show that they could get a significant amount of materials in the main world, they could be spawned for a project in RPworld? A chest containing a portion of such materials (for building the geode-egg) is at (1273, 70, 399). I already have the necessary excavation tools. CAn I have the coordinates of an appropriate large hill or small mountain in RPworld to hollow?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #72
    Bugbear in the Playground

LittleRaven (ShortOne on the forums) and Hometruck have joined my Ironcraft team, for the reunification of team One Foot Three.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

So Eldest, How about it, team?

What were we last time? Team Wild or something?
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Close enough. Who was the third member? I can't recall.
    LGBTA+itP

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    EDIT2: This... is a lot of houses. Holy crap am I lost. Are we sure the person who built this wasn't half-cthulu?

We're sure he's not half-cthulhu, yes ....

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Close enough. Who was the third member? I can't recall.
    Croverus. Though I don't know if he's joining in this time.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    MCEdit is not the tool you are looking for. It requires shutting down the server. I actually recently installed a biome editor. Admins: //bm

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    MCEdit is not the tool you are looking for. It requires shutting down the server. I actually recently installed a biome editor. Admins: //bm
    Does MCEdit actually require shutting down the whole server, or just taking the map in question offline temporarily?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Clear it with Fire
    WITH FIRE!

I was under the impression that fire spreading was disabled on the multiplayer server?

I mean, I'm perfectly ok with fire for clearing things, but if it's disabled...

21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    Does MCEdit actually require shutting down the whole server, or just taking the map in question offline temporarily?
    We do not use MCedit. There is another tool that does not require a shutdown.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    Taking the map off, but that's quite a hassle to do so. Especially when plugins can mimic it.

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    We do not use MCedit. There is another tool that does not require a shutdown.
    Was more of a technical curiosity than a query as to how our server operated, sorry for the confusion.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. I seem to have realised a possible problem with the village I've built on Terra.

Namely, the fact that it's close enough to Bigcastle that the Testificates are likely to be able to pathfind their way there...

I suppose building a three-block-high wall along the Bigcastle sides of the village would prevent them from moving in there?

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #85

Ironcraft competition is open!

Theme is "Ponds, lakes, and puddles". That is to say, the build will need to relate to one of those things in the area.

Three rules to follow: 1) always have the diamond/gold/iron block setup with your sign on in somewhere. You can move it around as you like, just have it there for judges to use. 2) Try to stay inside the glass floating square, but it's alright to go some blocks out from it if you need or want to. No more than 8 blocks out from the boundary however. The glass ring near the ground can be removed if you choose. 3) Please keep the build within reason. This means don't build up higher than 20-30 blocks tall, don't change the lake shape too badly, don't dig too far under, etc.

Those rules are specific to this contest, and don't make up all the rules to be followed. One such rule is don't build outside your area.

Secret ingredient(s): Stairs! Any of the stair blocks will do. But you must have them, and they must be visible.

Image for finding where you will build; anyone who joins after this will get a new spot made for them.
    Spoiler
    Show

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post or ask!
    Last edited by memnarch; 2012-05-13 at 01:07 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, village now has a wall!

Spoiler
    Show

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #87

Did I ever actually post my Atlantis pics?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Ironcraft competition is open!

Theme is "Ponds, lakes, and puddles". That is to say, the build will need to relate to one of those things in the area.

Three rules to follow: 1) always have the diamond/gold/iron block setup with your sign on in somewhere. You can move it around as you like, just have it there for judges to use. 2) Try to stay inside the glass floating square, but it's alright to go some blocks out from it if you need or want to. No more than 8 blocks out from the boundary however. The glass ring near the ground can be removed if you choose. 3) Please keep the build within reason. This means don't build up higher than 20-30 blocks tall, don't change the lake shape too badly, don't dig too far under, etc.

Those rules are specific to this contest, and don't make up all the rules to be followed. One such rule is don't build outside your area.

Secret ingredient(s): Stairs! Any of the stair blocks will do. But you must have them, and they must be visible.

Image for finding where you will build; anyone who joins after this will get a new spot made for them.
    Spoiler
    Show

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post or ask!
    How do you get into ironcraft?

Also I have like a day and a half for whatever I do.(until D3 comes out) So I should probably figure out what I am going to do soon.

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by Legoshrimp View Post
    How do you get into ironcraft?

Also I have like a day and a half for whatever I do.(until D3 comes out) So I should probably figure out what I am going to do soon.
    Use the portal behind /spawn. It's the glowstone thing with the portal blocks.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    To whoever domesticated a lot of cats and put them in the residential district of New Rome, near the 9-block permenant bonfire:

I was sprinting out of my house there and accidentally pushed one in. I believe it was orange.
    That would be the cats that I had... so lol... thanks for letting that note be made aware, next time, be a bit more careful please.
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.