New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

the cocoa beans are interesting, i've managed to make a farm using pistons to flood a wall fo them it also takes up veyr little space and its vertical.
    They also grow really fast, though i cant really think of many uses for a giant cocoa bean farm.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #902
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    the cocoa beans are interesting, i've managed to make a farm using pistons to flood a wall fo them it also takes up veyr little space and its vertical.
    They also grow really fast, though i cant really think of many uses for a giant cocoa bean farm.
    JAFFA CAKE FACTORY.

because jaffa cakes.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

3. - Top - End - #903
    Titan in the Playground

You can make cookies! Then invite everyone to come to the darkside. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ettin in the Playground

Once smp updates to 1.3 it could eb interesting to see if I could make a 100% automated cookie factory on the tekkit server.
    I have also been wondering; is there either an smp version of more-creatures, and/or technic?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #905
    Barbarian in the Playground

Once smp updates to 1.3 it could eb interesting to see if I could make a 100% automated cookie factory on the tekkit server.
    It would be ridiculously easy. Mk3 energy collector under a cookie condenser. Bam, you're done.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ettin in the Playground

Aye, though most smp server ban those, so i wouldn't be able to do that on scuzz's for example.
    Also, are the rptown derpchunks fixable?, or should i start rebuilding?
    Meow(Steam page)

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    It would be ridiculously easy. Mk3 energy collector under a cookie condenser. Bam, you're done.
    One of the reasons I don't use EE. It's not that it is an OP mod, it's that the power level of EE is so much higher than other mods that you can use the very basics to trivialize everything else. With your first trip to the Nether, you now can make Mk I Energy Collectors and your Philosopher's Stone. Once you get your Energy Collectors, it's all downhill.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #908

Aye, though most smp server ban those, so i wouldn't be able to do that on scuzz's for example.
    Also, are the rptown derpchunks fixable?, or should i start rebuilding?
    Pfft, energy collectors are horribly inefficient. Start with a condenser making iron buckets, use redpower to automatically milk cows with them. Pump the milk buckets, which are worth 81 more EMC than an empty bucket, back into the condenser, creating new buckets over time. With four transposers going to milk cows, extract one bucket with one timer going once per 1.75 seconds, and one timer going once every 5.15 seconds, and milk cows with these buckets. Bam, what you've created makes 544 EMC/second (almost the same as a Lv 3 energy collector+relay flower) at 1/160th the cost.
    (I came up with all of this myself)
    Even if you don't want to create energy, what really grinds my gears is when people don't understand. Anyone who makes a sorting facility of any type is a fool. There are exactly three types of items: Ores, items with EMC values, and items without EMC values. Macerate all of category 1 and condense it without bothering to smelt it (which is also a waste). Everything in category 2 can be condensed and you can just use a transmutation tablet to get things back rather than keeping one of everything. Only the third category need be stored, but those aren't going to be found in the world mostly, only crafted by you, so there's no need to filter them.
    Derpchunks: There is no easy solution. You can probably get admins/moderators/people to help you with their powers tho.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-08-03 at 11:15 PM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, darn, I think I'll keep the derpchunk where my shop was, and make a new one inside of it then
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-03 at 11:26 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

10. - Top - End - #910
    Ettin in the Playground

Could I be put back onto the whitelist? Name is AgentPaper, put my name on the list, etc etc. That is, assuming that the server isn't just down right now.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #911
    Troll in the Playground

Derpchunks: There is no easy solution. You can probably get admins/moderators/people to help you with their powers tho.
    So...Will you help us? Heav can't do anything but flatten it.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm getting a whole lot of end of stream messages, and internal error messages when I try to log on.

Is there some sort of problem?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

13. - Top - End - #913
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    I'm getting a whole lot of end of stream messages, and internal error messages when I try to log on.

Is there some sort of problem?
    I just logged on with no problem. You running 1.3, or 1.2? Because we're still on 1.2...
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    I just logged on with no problem. You running 1.3, or 1.2? Because we're still on 1.2...
    That explains it...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ettin in the Playground

I just use my single player map seed from the previous update for 1.3 update. It's the same map except it has a temple close to my HQ.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

16. - Top - End - #916

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    So...Will you help us? Heav can't do anything but flatten it.
    Heav has exactly the same tools as I, just not perhaps the knowledge of how to use them. Also, co-ords? Also, I will be in Canada tomorrow, camping.
    You can probably do it. Just use voxelsniper to make the terrain (use the ball brush to make dirt go approximately in line with the surrounding terrain, then use the melt (/b e melt) and fill (/b e fill) brushes to match things up (blend ball doesn't play well with grass). For most buildings, worldedit can spawn in square walls, floors and ceilings, and detail work would have to be done by hand.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #917
    Troll in the Playground

I don't have world edit, last I checked or was told. Also, so...No, you can't do a rollback and put back things? Oh, well.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-08-05 at 03:57 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

18. - Top - End - #918

I don't have world edit, last I checked or was told. Also, so...No, you can't do a rollback and put back things? Oh, well.
    I repaired one as best I could, I'm unsure what was at the other so I can't fix that - I could flatten it, but I think someone said earlier in the thread they wanted to build into it. Also! You should have worldedit. At least, I'm the rank below you and I do.

19. - Top - End - #919

You should have liteworldedit, where you can't change more than ~3000 blocks at once.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ettin in the Playground

Since we cant roll back i would like the derpchunk where my shop used to be intact(I can repair the path) so i can dig out a new one inside of it
    Meow(Steam page)

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

Pfft, energy collectors are horribly inefficient. Start with a condenser making iron buckets, use redpower to automatically milk cows with them. Pump the milk buckets, which are worth 81 more EMC than an empty bucket, back into the condenser, creating new buckets over time. With four transposers going to milk cows, extract one bucket with one timer going once per 1.75 seconds, and one timer going once every 5.15 seconds, and milk cows with these buckets. Bam, what you've created makes 544 EMC/second (almost the same as a Lv 3 energy collector+relay flower) at 1/160th the cost.
    (I came up with all of this myself)
    Even if you don't want to create energy, what really grinds my gears is when people don't understand. Anyone who makes a sorting facility of any type is a fool. There are exactly three types of items: Ores, items with EMC values, and items without EMC values. Macerate all of category 1 and condense it without bothering to smelt it (which is also a waste). Everything in category 2 can be condensed and you can just use a transmutation tablet to get things back rather than keeping one of everything. Only the third category need be stored, but those aren't going to be found in the world mostly, only crafted by you, so there's no need to filter them.
    ...Sap, when did you become an evil genius?
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-08-06 at 10:32 AM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

22. - Top - End - #922
    Troll in the Playground

Since we cant roll back i would like the derpchunk where my shop used to be intact(I can repair the path) so i can dig out a new one inside of it
    I did some shaving to repair the road. The rest's all yours.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #923
    Firbolg in the Playground

Decided to try Technic again and have a nice set up going in whats left of a Village (my "house" is 3 large houses and the Smithy merged into one super structure with a new roof line and second story)
    Everthing else was demolished, flattened and had a wall built around it to keep the undesirables out (had to lock the doors to keep the damm stupid natives out for a while till they all wandered off)

Large Tree Farm outsid ethe walls and i was considering automating the collection process but once i lookd into all the things needed to do that i decided that its better (and much simpler) to gather the stuff that falls down my self without a needlessly complex machine that has to be walked through the process anyway (Why i have a Creative Test world...)

Also found my first Stronghold today and Ender Portal (although this was on the Test World and there was not a lot left of the strong hold by then and the Portal was noticeable as the only thing still intact in a very large hole ~ Testing to see what a it took to destroy a Eldritch pipe and room (30 odd Nukes in the room only destroyed half of it and a left a very large hole in the world)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #924
    Troll in the Playground

Anyone else having trouble logging onto minecraft? Not the server, but the client itself.

Also, we really need the new runecraft when we update. Prometheus rune!
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

25. - Top - End - #925

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Anyone else having trouble logging onto minecraft? Not the server, but the client itself.
    Yeah, Minecraft.net seems to be down right now.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

26. - Top - End - #926

Small deposits are relatively common and most often appear in desert biomes as pools. They contain on average 16 buckets of oil.
    The one i pumped contained 20.5 tanks worth of oil - had to keep building tanks to contain it all.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    The one i pumped contained 20.5 tanks worth of oil - had to keep building tanks to contain it all.

Yea, offshore oil spots can have 200+ blocks, depending on how high it is spouting.

I still prefer to run on 'clean' energy from Forestry.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #928
    Halfling in the Playground

Salutations and greetings, gentlemen. I am entering this thread to inquire whether, in the many possible futures that we now face, it would be possible for me to be entered into a certain list with a noticeably pale color. My alias for this activity is nameofrandomness. Thank you. My request having been made, I shall now withdraw into the dark mists from whence I came.
    Last edited by Aran nu tasar; 2012-08-08 at 03:06 PM. Reason: removing misused word

29. - Top - End - #929
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aran nu tasar View Post
    Salutations and greetings, fellow gentiles
    Excuse me?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

Salutations to you to, my good man. I am not a gentile...
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine