New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Minecraft.net is having some issues, namely with the part that confirms logon attempts. Basically, minecraft servers try to check that the person logging on is actually who they say they are (after the incident where people were able to log on as Notch on various servers). This means logging onto a multiplayer Minecraft server is going to be difficult until this is fixed.
    Where do you find this out?
    LGBTA+itP

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Server's down?
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Pixie in the Playground

Evening Playground. I'm sure there is a simple answer to this, but I've got some sort of bug or glitch on my SP world. I tried using cheats now that they're enabled, I just changed my game mode to creative and then back to survival. But now in survival I can't dig/punch blocks, I swing my sword/axe/etc. but nothing happens.

Is there a fix for this? I've rebooted minecraft and my laptop to no avail.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Orc in the Playground

Imp

Sounds almost exactly like you've turned it to adventure mode rather than survival mode. Just change the mode again.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Pixie in the Playground

I never thought to try /gamemode 0.....woops, thank you! Never fiddling with cheats again, not in the spirit of my game.

6. - Top - End - #1146

How do I prevent /whois from revealing my coordinates?
    Phhase he played four
    Give a dog a bone

Show

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Where do you find this out?
    #Direwolf20 on Espernet. Forkk13, creator of MMC, was streaming development and tried to do a bit of server play, and explained it a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phhase View Post
    How do I prevent /whois from revealing my coordinates?
    Don't think you can but whois should be only available to mods.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ettin in the Playground

last time I checked, anyone can use /whois, I use it to use /tpa, since I have trouble remembering the spelling of people's usernames.
    edit: I also recently found out a fun hole in worldguard; if you place blocks while jumping on them in a place it doesn't allow you to place blocks, you can still jump around a bit using them, and using that, you can jump over most walls meant to contain you, as long as there isn't a ceiling.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-09-09 at 03:14 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Does anyone have a good design for an enderball elevator? I'll need it to set up a enderball teleport relay for my home server. (specifically, to get up above the clouds so I can build the thing in the first place)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

Odd it used to be limited to mods, and should probably be set back to that sense it gives ip and a bunch of other info that doesn't really have any use for most people.

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Does anyone have a good design for an enderball elevator? I'll need it to set up a enderball teleport relay for my home server. (specifically, to get up above the clouds so I can build the thing in the first place)
    Don't know if etho's invention still works. It should though. in the shaft place:

Lily Pad
    Water
    Sign

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Don't know if etho's invention still works. It should though. in the shaft place:

Lily Pad
    Water
    Sign
    That'd work. I found another invention by Docm or someone on his server that involved tripwire and sticky pistons, where you fall into the tripwire and trigger the pistons to make a platform. However, in my preliminary testing, I fell through the place where the platform was and then continued falling. I'll try the lilypad and water landing pad next.
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Ettin in the Playground

what do the enderball elevators do?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

15. - Top - End - #1155

It's really annoying how the string in tripwires doesn't work if the array is in the air.
    Phhase he played four
    Give a dog a bone

Show

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ettin in the Playground

floating tripwires work fine?, Or did you mean for this specific elevator thingy?
    Meow(Steam page)

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    what do the enderball elevators do?
    Basically, I need a design where someone can look straight up, toss an ender pearl, and then land on a platform several meters in the air. Etho's design is borked (or perhaps it requires a complete shaft) in that the pearl routinely impacts on the underside of the lilypad, leaving a potential user either falling (if they weren't expecting it) or trapped in the source block (if they were).

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    floating tripwires work fine?, Or did you mean for this specific elevator thingy?
    It's an issue with the timing, I think. If my feet activate the tripwire, and the platform is directly under the tripwire as in Doc's design, the pistons don't activate in time to catch me (I was using a 2x2 platform and needed repeaters to get the redstone wire to power them, so that might be an issue).
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-09-09 at 09:24 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Troll in the Playground

Etho's design is borked (or perhaps it requires a complete shaft) in that the pearl routinely impacts on the underside of the lilypad, leaving a potential user either falling (if they weren't expecting it) or trapped in the source block (if they were).
    Not sure how you are having trouble. works perfect for me, out in the sky. The enderball is intended to hit the lily pad and you swim up through it and either step out or keep going up.

Side view:
    _L
    XWX
    XS

Throw the enderball striaght up at the lily pad,
    hold down space so you are swimming when you teleport into the water.
    Repeat as necessary.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-09-09 at 09:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Not sure how you are having trouble. works perfect for me, out in the sky. The enderball is intended to hit the lily pad and you swim up through it and either step out or keep going up.

Side view:
    _L
    XWX
    XS

Throw the enderball striaght up at the lily pad,
    hold down space so you are swimming when you teleport into the water.
    Repeat as necessary.
    That is precisely the design I tried, and I kept getting stuck under the lilypad. I'll try it again in a creative world tomorrow, maybe with something a bit lower in height. Maybe I'll look at the Docm Endervator (that would be the one w/ the tripwire and the sticky pistons), try and see what I'm doing wrong.

20. - Top - End - #1160

ClericGuy

Hi guys I'm new on this thread. I wanted to ask you for some advice, because I want to rent a server for me and a couple friends, and we're a bit lost on the matter.

1) We can't decide on a hosting site. Can I even ask for suggestions for a specific one on these forums, or does that count as advertising?
    2) We don't know how much RAM we need. Most hosting sites say 512MB will be fine for a few people, but we've tried running a server ourselves and it went over 1gb with just one or two players in.
    3) Do any/all of these hosts offer the possibility of port tunneling? Some of us have access to few ports (like 80) because the others are blocked, so a server that allows connecting on a specific, customizable port would definitely be good.

Thanks in advance!
    Best homebrew ever (shameless self plug)! The Stoner, always PEACH

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So I figured out what I was doing wrong: One, the tripwire is supposed to be at head level compared to feet, and I'll be using Zisteau's variation on Docm's design (search "Zisteau Endervator" on Youtube to see the video of him making it), which uses powered fence gates to send the signal (a la a BUD switch) to the pistons under the tripwire. Now to test.

EDIT: Still no real luck with the lilypad version. I clipped through the glass block I was using as a platform on one attempt, and had to break the lilypad on another. I'll try it with solid blocks next, and update.

EDIT EDIT: Success! Now to file it away until the enderfarm's set up. Thanks so much for your help!
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-09-10 at 07:11 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

Hm. I'm running into runecraft-related problems. Put simply, my earlier phaseblock set-ups don't seem to toggle, and I can't get a new rune to activate or be recognized by the system.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

EDIT: Still no real luck with the lilypad version. I clipped through the glass block I was using as a platform on one attempt, and had to break the lilypad on another. I'll try it with solid blocks next, and update.

EDIT EDIT: Success! Now to file it away until the enderfarm's set up. Thanks so much for your help!
    Success with the Lily Pad? or the tripwire? Was it the glass not working? I never tried it with glass. It would be good to know.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Success with the Lily Pad? or the tripwire? Was it the glass not working? I never tried it with glass. It would be good to know.
    Both, but the edit was referring to the lilypad design. You just need a solid block on all four sides of the source. (which is, I suspect, the reason Etho has his exit at ground level - he doesn't need to worry about non-solid blocks because dirt is a solid block)

25. - Top - End - #1165

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Hm. I'm running into runecraft-related problems. Put simply, my earlier phaseblock set-ups don't seem to toggle, and I can't get a new rune to activate or be recognized by the system.
    Yeah, I ran into the same problem. My existing Pressure Pad traps have become inactive for no good reason. Is Runecraft borked? And can we please update to the next version? Even if you don't think the Butterfingers curse* is a good idea, There are others that are less annoying. Specifically the Whisper curse that doesn't actually affect the activating individual directly. Also, other, useful runes.

* There is a rune that dispells the effect of this curse from you. It's by no means a forever-thing.
    Last edited by Phhase; 2012-09-11 at 08:20 PM.
    Phhase he played four
    Give a dog a bone

Show

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phhase View Post
    Yeah, I ran into the same problem.
    Same here.

My existing Pressure Pad traps have become inactive for no good reason. Is Runecraft borked? And can we please update to the next version? Even if you don't think the Butterfingers curse* is a good idea, There are others that are less annoying. Specifically the Whisper curse that doesn't actually affect the activating individual directly. Also, other, useful runes.

* There is a rune that dispells the effect of this curse from you. It's by no means a forever-thing.
    Sap said he's not updating it, since it's not a priority. Worldgroups and other stuff are more important.

Butterfingers, I can see why it's being banned, if we update. It's just cruel.
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2012-09-11 at 09:52 PM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

27. - Top - End - #1167

What's wrong with worldgroups that makes it so important? I don't mind if Butterfingers is banned, I just want the rest of that system intact. Not updating ever?
    Phhase he played four
    Give a dog a bone

Show

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Dwarf in the Playground

So what's the server that everyone is on currently? I haven't seen anyone on Scuzzball.serveftp.com in a long time, getting lonely over here. Did everyone migrate to another server together, did you guys go your own seperate way, or did the server simply die?

Would love a reply, thanks again.

Hope the server comes back to life, if I did then I may host more events.
    I'll try to make a PVP event map. Dunno how it will work, but I may as well try.
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Titan in the Playground

idk about everyone else but the same reason i don't go on is pretty much the same reason your asking, nobody ever seems to be on. And with my sand generator rendered useless by the last update, i'm having trouble finding stuff to do otherwise.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm having difficulty thinking of things to do, I have started college, I bought GW2 and Deus Ex, and I'm also playing on another server a bit, my college has one set up.
    But I still play on scuzz's some, and I'm just waiting to think of a project to do.
    LGBTA+itP