New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Why not make a giant castle? Or, help me with making the PVP arena which is in the same map as the Pyramid event? Make runes, test them out, I can bet that there are runes that you haven't made, make something unique, like a giant tree, but scale it up from the largest one by a factor of 5, make the servers largest manual wheat farm, you can to so many things, the only limit to minecraft is your own imagination, and if you say that you have nothing to do, than you don't have a very good imagination, and I can surely say, that you wouldn't be playing minecraft if you didn't have a good imagination.
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

If the uf.serveftp.com server was up then I would play on the a lot more because you have so many more things that you would be able to do. But it's down.... and I haven't heard from Sapo or Mem in forever it feels like.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAngel View Post
    If the uf.serveftp.com server was up then I would play on the a lot more because you have so many more things that you would be able to do. But it's down.... and I haven't heard from Sapo or Mem in forever it feels like.
    I be going through my senior year of college. Things tend to get very busy, very quickly at times.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ettin in the Playground

Why not make a giant castle? Or, help me with making the PVP arena which is in the same map as the Pyramid event? Make runes, test them out, I can bet that there are runes that you haven't made, make something unique, like a giant tree, but scale it up from the largest one by a factor of 5, make the servers largest manual wheat farm, you can to so many things, the only limit to minecraft is your own imagination, and if you say that you have nothing to do, than you don't have a very good imagination, and I can surely say, that you wouldn't be playing minecraft if you didn't have a good imagination.
    The pvp map sounds fun, are any parts of it open for viewing yet through standard methods?, Also would you want any help?, I've been wanting to try making, or helping out with a pvp arena.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ettin in the Playground

Seconded. Now how to get to pyramid world when you're not on?
    LGBTA+itP

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ettin in the Playground

theres a portal to take you to the pyramid.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Troll in the Playground

I have defeated the enderdragon in my no mining playthough. It was kind of dull. even without good armor or weapons.

Now I'm ready for a vech's challenge and am taking requests. There seems to be a few. I've played 404 a while ago and liked it (but would have liked it better if I didn't see a playthough of it ahead of time)

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    I have defeated the enderdragon in my no mining playthough. It was kind of dull. even without good armor or weapons.

Now I'm ready for a vech's challenge and am taking requests. There seems to be a few. I've played 404 a while ago and liked it (but would have liked it better if I didn't see a playthough of it ahead of time)
    Suggestions on 'hardmode' type scenarios:

TerraFirmaCraft. It changes up everything about Minecraft. Makes things a lot more difficult, with a lot more steps, and a lot more resources required. Among other things:

Wood is a raw material and needs to be worked before you can do anything with it. Get sticks by punching leaves, and get flint as spawns on the ground to make said tool. You can also use an Axe, once you make one.

You need to brace tunnels, or risk a cave-in. This is a huge lumber sink.

Wood stacks up to 4. Make wood piles to store more wood.

Make charcoal by building a large structure with multiple wood piles and burning it over a period of several minecraft days. This is a timesink and a resource sink, and unless you build it properly, also has an inefficient ratio of charcoal produced per wood used.

Dirt is partially affected by gravity. Needs more bracing, or an actual roof, to prevent this.

Smithing is... different. Before you can smith, you need to create the patterns, requiring a lot of ink. Then you need to actually find the materials, which are apparently rather rare.

Also, the ores you find are things like 'Malachite' or 'Magnetite', you need to smelt and refine them to get your raw, unworked ores. Then further work them, or alloy them, to produce something you can craft with.

There's a lot more, but I'll let you check it out for yourself.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-09-14 at 08:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Dwarf in the Playground

I personally would LOVE help making the PVP arena. Haha, I'm sure some could help with the layout/design, I know Phhase could help with the runes and pressure sensors to easily teleport competitors to their correct spawning rooms, so yeah, I would love to have help. Please post, or what would be even better is a private message saying that you are willing to help, so that I can add you to the permission list for the region so that you can place blocks, and work together if you ever find yourselves on and are wondering what to do, I can also put chests with materials in them. :)

Thanks!
    HeavensAngel

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Troll in the Playground

I'm good at internal design and need a reason to get on, so I'll help.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Troll in the Playground

Playing Waking up, suggested by Memenarch (no mods needed)

Death Count 1. Is there suppose to be invincible slimes in the spawn area, or am I that kind of lucky?

12. - Top - End - #1182

You're just that lucky.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Suggestions on 'hardmode' type scenarios:

TerraFirmaCraft. It changes up everything about Minecraft. Makes things a lot more difficult, with a lot more steps, and a lot more resources required. Among other things:

Wood is a raw material and needs to be worked before you can do anything with it. Get sticks by punching leaves, and get flint as spawns on the ground to make said tool. You can also use an Axe, once you make one.

You need to brace tunnels, or risk a cave-in. This is a huge lumber sink.

Wood stacks up to 4. Make wood piles to store more wood.

Make charcoal by building a large structure with multiple wood piles and burning it over a period of several minecraft days. This is a timesink and a resource sink, and unless you build it properly, also has an inefficient ratio of charcoal produced per wood used.

Dirt is partially affected by gravity. Needs more bracing, or an actual roof, to prevent this.

Smithing is... different. Before you can smith, you need to create the patterns, requiring a lot of ink. Then you need to actually find the materials, which are apparently rather rare.

Also, the ores you find are things like 'Malachite' or 'Magnetite', you need to smelt and refine them to get your raw, unworked ores. Then further work them, or alloy them, to produce something you can craft with.

There's a lot more, but I'll let you check it out for yourself.
    What you do here is just play Dwarf Fortress.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ettin in the Playground

Ragequit holidays!

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ettin in the Playground

How many of you plan to roleplay as an orc after the pig riding updates?
    -I know Orcs ride boars (or wolves in warcraft), but pig is kinda close to pigs.
    P.S- Isn't it ironic that Simon is more like an orc now?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    -I know Orcs ride boars (or wolves in warcraft), but pig is kinda close to pigs.
    That would make RP world so much more interesting, where we would have raider parties on occasion just fly in, and attack the town, steal a small amount of things randomly and then leave again. I would like that, probably because I don't live anywhere near the town, but I kind of want to get back into playing RP, I miss it a lot.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    I will ride my warpig into battle.
    And then get off because warpigs aren't great for fighting.
    LGBTA+itP

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Troll in the Playground

I occaisonally fantasize about getting a second character who is some sort of farmer or semi-competant knight. Both ride warpigs.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey mem, or sapo, I seem to be 1. stuck in creative mode, unable to get out of it, and 2. I am unable to change anyone from survival to creative mode if I want their help with making the PVP arena.... HELP DX
    Last edited by HeavensAngel; 2012-09-15 at 06:28 PM.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well it seems like the problem is fixed... APPARENTLY! /gamemode HeavensAngel 0 doesn't work, while /gamemode 0 works.... wtf...?

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

Well it seems like the problem is fixed... APPARENTLY! /gamemode HeavensAngel 0 doesn't work, while /gamemode 0 works.... wtf...?
    Well, yeah. The former, by syntax, is attempting to change someone else's mode. Whether the "someone else" is actually you or not doesn't make a difference if you don't have the relevant permissions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, yeah. The former, by syntax, is attempting to change someone else's mode. Whether the "someone else" is actually you or not doesn't make a difference if you don't have the relevant permissions.
    But he's an admin; shouldn't he be able to change normal users to creative?
    LGBTA+itP

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    But he's an admin; shouldn't he be able to change normal users to creative?
    Not my point. I'm not saying that the permissions oddness isn't odd, just that if he can't change other people, he shouldn't be able to use the same syntax to change himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Not my point. I'm not saying that the permissions oddness isn't odd, just that if he can't change other people, he shouldn't be able to use the same syntax to change himself.
    Ah, I misunderstood. My bad.
    LGBTA+itP

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, I recommend Vech's Super Hostile Legendary. It's pretty intense. Is the server down? My minecraft says "Scuzzball.serveftp.com" is an unknown host. I wish I had 64 bit Java so I could play on the Tekkit server. I had a good thing going on it =(.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Dwarf in the Playground

So guys, making the PVP arena, there has been several opinions on what the arena should look like.
    I suggested seperate buildings, that are seperate sizes. So that if players want to have a 1v1 or a 2v2 etc. up to a 5v5, that they would naturally go through picking a class, and when done, would go through a pressure sensor teleporter, that would teleport them to the corresponding waiting room for the pvp arena, with size, based on the teleporter that they picked. Layman terms, they stepped on the 3v3 pvp arena pressure sensor, they are teleported to the 3v3 arena waiting room for their team.

Other suggestions have been: One giant arena, with rings inside of it, based on the size, so that before selecting teams, a player would flip a lever, to select the arena size. Phase blocks in the arena would then turn on (naturally off) to create the arena size based on which lever is up (or down). Layman terms, player flip 3v3 arena size lever up, all other phase blocks are off, and 3v3 arena wall is turned on. The players would then go through their class picking, step on a single pressure sensor teleporter rune, be sent to the teams waiting room, where, when both teams press a ready button, the door would open to another pressure sensor rune, which would teleport them to the middle of the arena, on separate sides of the lava pit in the middle.

Please give posts on your opinions of what you believe the arena should look like. Whichever one gets the most votes is the way that the arena will be built, and please don't be afraid to give your own ideas. If you give an idea, and people like your idea more than any other, than your idea will be taken and used.

Thanks again!
    Your Admin,
    HeavensAngel
    Last edited by HeavensAngel; 2012-09-16 at 04:33 PM.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ettin in the Playground

My original vote was for a giant room for all types, but if you go with separate rooms for each size, we could have different decorating schemes for each if we wanted to.
    So I vote for multiple rooms
    Meow(Steam page)

28. - Top - End - #1198

In buildcraft, where do I need to place the wooden pipe to extract smelted items from a furnace?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

29. - Top - End - #1199

Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    In buildcraft, where do I need to place the wooden pipe to extract smelted items from a furnace?
    The right side of the furnace.

30. - Top - End - #1200

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    The right side of the furnace.
    It didn't work at first, then I realized I was placing water-proof pipes
    Last edited by The Underlord; 2012-09-16 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo