New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Seconding multiple rooms. I want to make the 4v4 one! I have a few ideas for it.
    ~JB
    LGBTA+itP

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

So right now we have 2 votes (not including me) for separate PVP rooms. I'll try and prevent myself from doing anything to the PVP area in the event world until later tomorrow.

I will check later tomorrow, and then tally up the choices, and edit the event structure to the votes.

I won't be done with classes for the day until 4:50 NY time, which is east coast of the US. So I will probably get a chance to check the votes at 5:30
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAngel View Post
    So right now we have 2 votes (not including me) for separate PVP rooms. I'll try and prevent myself from doing anything to the PVP area in the event world until later tomorrow.

I will check later tomorrow, and then tally up the choices, and edit the event structure to the votes.

I won't be done with classes for the day until 4:50 NY time, which is east coast of the US. So I will probably get a chance to check the votes at 5:30
    Completely unrelated to minecraft, but dang, dude. You have fairly late classes.
    LGBTA+itP

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Orc in the Playground

Although the lever thing sounds great, I'm voting multiple rooms.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't claim to have any direct involvement, but from a design perspective, distinct arenas of different sizes and types is generally going to be much better than one arena that tries to be all of them at once.

Really though, I'd suggest you start smaller than that. Choose one bracket, and design a PvP arena just for that bracket. Then, once you've finished that and played around in it a bit, you'll be better prepared to start on a new arena, whether for the same or a different bracket.

If you just start throwing together a ton of arenas for everything from 1v1 to 20v20, they're all just going to end up being not very good, assuming you even finish them all.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ettin in the Playground

An arena related thing I just remembered to ask, what did you think of the 4x4 simple tower thingies I made?, They seem like the sort of obstacle that could be fun, as it adds line of sight.
    edit: if I remember right they only take up a 4x4x4 space, so tthey're compact as well
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-09-17 at 04:25 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    An arena related thing I just remembered to ask, what did you think of the 4x4 simple tower thingies I made?, They seem like the sort of obstacle that could be fun, as it adds line of sight.
    edit: if I remember right they only take up a 4x4x4 space, so tthey're compact as well
    I prefer odd numbers to even, so 5x5 4 high. But that may also be due to being just big enough to mount a heart cannon on the top...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    I prefer odd numbers to even, so 5x5 4 high. But that may also be due to being just big enough to mount a heart cannon on the top...
    No, you gotta put lots of floating cubes around the arena!
    LGBTA+itP

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ettin in the Playground

The ender gate is down!
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder...could you disable gravity without enabling flight, then give everybody an infinite-use Spring-runed string, no food, wait till they hit half of a heat of health, and give them all some modded no-grav ranges weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    The ender gate is down!
    Hats off to you, sir.
    LGBTA+itP

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ettin in the Playground

Requesting addition to the whitelist.

CaptainSkill

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright then, vote has it. Separate PVP arenas. I can make it so that they aren't all just cubic, I could make one a triangle, one a sphere, one a cylinder, lots of ideas. I'll put down the general schematics for it, so... I'll get back to you all on that.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    Requesting addition to the whitelist.

CaptainSkill
    Added .

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ettin in the Playground

Is the whitelist those who are allowed on the server?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    Is the whitelist those who are allowed on the server?
    Yes it is.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello friends I'd like to contribute to your lovely minecraft server. I have quite a fondness for selflessly delving into dangerous parts of the underground for days at a time, braving monsters and lava to harvest precious ores and minerals. My name is PattyMayonnaise

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Annoyance is building a structure out of lots and lots of glass and glowstone...and then realising (without having a Silk Touch pick) that you have to move two of the walls to have room for what you want inside it.

However, once all was said and done...I had this!

Spoiler
    Show
    You know, you could of asked me to move it, I can cut the section of wall and move it so he doesn't have to destroy it all again. :P That's what admins are for lol. Unless that's in RP or hardcore or something.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here has heard anything new about the 1.8.2 patch for Xbox. My most recent information has the release date as "Sometime in September" and a recent video uploaded by Mojang (4 days ago) which shows off some of the features of the 1.8.2 patch.

edit: To clarify, I'm looking for release info (like a more concrete date) in particular.

edit #2: Thanks to this article posted only a few hours ago I have about as definitive of an answer as I can expect to get at this time.

Essentially, anywhere between Sept 28th to the first couple weeks of October.
    Last edited by Sipex; 2012-09-21 at 03:13 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry Sipex, I can't say that I have heard anything new about minecraft on the xbox, to be honest... I can't get on anymore on my account because I need the microsoft ID, and the password, and I don't know it, neither does my father nor my brother.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

21. - Top - End - #1221

Is the server 1.3.1 still or has it been updated to 1.3.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm on 1.3.2 and it works fine
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

23. - Top - End - #1223

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I'm on 1.3.2 and it works fine
    Cool, thanks. Gonna go and renovate my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

24. - Top - End - #1224

Server is actually running .1, but the versions are compatible.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have successfully made.... a sand duplicator :D It is in the world farm, the button that you must press to duplicate the sand, is at the back of the design. I will most likey duplicate it, and put it next to itself, with wire going to the block that the piston is next to, so that u can push a button in the front and get it to work and I can cover the rest up so it doesn't look so bad. Testing with gravel now, will give an edit when I find out if it works. Theoretically it should.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have successfully made.... a sand duplicator :D It is in the world farm, the button that you must press to duplicate the sand, is at the back of the design. I will most likey duplicate it, and put it next to itself, with wire going to the block that the piston is next to, so that u can push a button in the front and get it to work and I can cover the rest up so it doesn't look so bad. Testing with gravel now, will give an edit when I find out if it works. Theoretically it should.
    [Edit] It works with gravel as well!

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Edit] It works with gravel as well!
    And forum posts too!

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Titan in the Playground

Been playing Vechs Super Hostile Map series, waiting for RP2 to update for 1.3.2 so I can start my LP.

It's been quite entertaining, and has definitely been knocking the rust off rather rapidly. Kaizo Caverns is quite tricky to get started. I'm almost tempted to do something which might be considered cheating, just to get some necessary resources.

spoilered to not give anything away
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, the starting instructions are given on wooden planks. So far, I haven't run into any wood at all, just a single wooden pick, and I can't find any coal, except by looking up, so I'm extremely hesitant to use said pick to make cobble, since I don't have a way of making sticks for a stone pick. Since I don't have any blocks which don't fall down, and there's lava below me, it's going to be really difficult to mine that coal up there.

Taking down the planks the instructions are stuck on will give me enough to make a stone pick, but it feels like an exploit.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2012-09-23 at 09:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post

spoilered to not give anything away
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically, the starting instructions are given on wooden planks. So far, I haven't run into any wood at all, just a single wooden pick, and I can't find any coal, except by looking up, so I'm extremely hesitant to use said pick to make cobble, since I don't have a way of making sticks for a stone pick. Since I don't have any blocks which don't fall down, and there's lava below me, it's going to be really difficult to mine that coal up there.

Taking down the planks the instructions are stuck on will give me enough to make a stone pick, but it feels like an exploit.
    Answer to your spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vechs map. Your playing it wrong.

This should be your attitude to anything useful you see.
    Spoiler
    Show

[URL="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191908-ctmcollection-vechs-super-hostile-series/"]Read rule six for your pleasure and justification. Only cheating you could be doing would be playing with mods or playing on peaceful.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Answer to your spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vechs map. Your playing it wrong.

This should be your attitude to anything useful you see.
    Spoiler
    Show

[URL="http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/191908-ctmcollection-vechs-super-hostile-series/"]Read rule six for your pleasure and justification. Only cheating you could be doing would be playing with mods or playing on peaceful.
    Mmm... true, but it still feels cheap. I've already gotten featherfall gold boots and the flack jacket, just with what I've gotten so far. I keep hoping I'll find some wood or saplings in a chest somewhere shortly.

But you're probably right. If I can't find any other source of wood soon, I'll go ahead and do it.
    Spoiler
    Show