New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

I lost some stuff because of a disconnect. I was in a boat at the time and when I came back I had drowned.
    Could I get a diamond sword and a full iron armor set back? The other stuff wasn't really valuable ...

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

urgh, 151 zombies

hit crusher

108 zombies remain.

That's just painful.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    One thing to be cautious of with mob grinders now is that in 1.4 creepers will explode after taking fall damage...
    After some testing, it must only happen with naturally spawned creepers and the claim that natural spawned mobs are the same as egg spawned is false. This is assuming of course, that creepers do indeed explode after fall damage. Have you seen this happen, and how can I try and see it for myself?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ettin in the Playground

It doesn't happen with naturally spawned creepers either, at least not every time. I just got one to fall and take damage without it blowing up.
    LGBTA+itP

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    After some testing, it must only happen with naturally spawned creepers and the claim that natural spawned mobs are the same as egg spawned is false. This is assuming of course, that creepers do indeed explode after fall damage. Have you seen this happen, and how can I try and see it for myself?
    From the Patch Notes

Creepers

* Will start exploding when they hit the ground, with explosions being more imminent with higher falls

* Can now have custom explosion radius and fuse timer using edited mob spawners and NBT tags
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Dwarf in the Playground

The wiring for 1v1 PVP is completed :D I'm very proud of myself for having made it work. The only thing we need is to get the teleports working, but other than that it should work perfectly fine :D. I'm most likely going to add things inside of it to make it more than just an open room. Come back on people! It's getting boring without you all on.
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

7. - Top - End - #1357

I would gladly configure your teleporters BUT....I need to replace my JAR. What version is the server currently running? I borked my jar by accidentally clicking update, and then closing Minecraft. Now it won't load. So I need to replace the JAR. Somebodies were talking about Tekkit, do we have a server for that now?

Oh, and good news for PVP buffs. The next update adds inbuilt spawnpoint change and difficulty commands. AND command blocks. Command blocks for the win. Also, other stuff. Like repeaters. They can be locked by powering them with another repeater. Also, some mobs will be able to pick up and use weapons and armor.
    Last edited by Phhase; 2012-10-28 at 04:28 PM.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phhase View Post
    I would gladly configure your teleporters BUT....I need to replace my JAR. What version is the server currently running? I borked my jar by accidentally clicking update, and then closing Minecraft. Now it won't load. So I need to replace the JAR. Somebodies were talking about Tekkit, do we have a server for that now?

Oh, and good news for PVP buffs. The next update adds inbuilt spawnpoint change and difficulty commands. AND command blocks. Command blocks for the win. Also, other stuff. Like repeaters. They can be locked by powering them with another repeater. Also, some mobs will be able to pick up and use weapons and armor.
    Last I checked, it was 1.3.
    LGBTA+itP

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground

does anybody know if renaming an enchanted sword locks it with those enchantments? I just tried to combine a smite V knockback 2 named sword with a sharpness III unnamed sword and it would have just given me the exact same named sword fully repaired rather then with any sharpness on it.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    does anybody know if renaming an enchanted sword locks it with those enchantments? I just tried to combine a smite V knockback 2 named sword with a sharpness III unnamed sword and it would have just given me the exact same named sword fully repaired rather then with any sharpness on it.
    Tests show that Smite and Sharpness will be picked between. That's inline with the fact that you can't get both enchants on the same tool by enchanting normally.

I still have yet to get a creeper to explode by falling.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Titan in the Playground

Tests show that Smite and Sharpness will be picked between. That's inline with the fact that you can't get both enchants on the same tool by enchanting normally.

H'uh, darn. i'll need to try for power or something then.

Also for some reason combining an unbreaking 3 pick with a slightly broken unbreaking 3 pick makes an unbroken unbreaking 3 pick. :|
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe creepers exploding is like "removed Herobrine", or the number of times Dredmor fixed their achievements: in the changelog, but the goggles, they do nothing.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Orc in the Playground

H'uh, darn. i'll need to try for power or something then.

Also for some reason combining an unbreaking 3 pick with a slightly broken unbreaking 3 pick makes an unbroken unbreaking 3 pick. :|
    You should try repairing the broken one first. Either with the base material or a regular pick. After that you can combine them to get an unbreaking 4.
    As for the enchantments that can't be combined:
    On swords: Smite, Sharpness, Spiderbane
    On picks: Silk Touch, Fortune

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground

So with the ability to control and ride hogs and make customized leather jackets...I feel the time has come to open up a minecraft biker bar.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

Do i need any kind of special program to make a backup of one of my worlds? I'm playing in a hardcore world but i'm thinking it'd still be nice not to loose everything i worked on if i died.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yeah, it's called "not playing on Hardcore". Seriously dude.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-10-29 at 10:40 AM.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you for that extremely helpful advice on the matter. :/

Edit: Also apparently it's impossible to get unbreaking 4 as even a fully repaired pick won't combine with annother unbreaking 3. Grrr.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-10-29 at 10:53 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Orc in the Playground

Do i need any kind of special program to make a backup of one of my worlds? I'm playing in a hardcore world but i'm thinking it'd still be nice not to loose everything i worked on if i died.
    You just copy them from the saves in your .minecraft folder.
    Edit: There is no Unbreaking IV. Minecraft Wiki on enchanting.
    Last edited by Matthias2207; 2012-10-29 at 11:08 AM.

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

alright, thanks.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

Hit F3. Record your seed number.

You will still lose your world, but you can start over in the same one again.

Alternately, go into your Saves folder in your .minecraft folder and back up the relevant world folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ettin in the Playground

I can't help but agree with Sapo here. The only difference between hardcore and not-hardcore is that when you die, you lose everything. If you're going to negate that completely, then why are you playing on hardcore?
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

Because if something happens and my save gets corrupted or something along the lines, i'd REALLY rather be able to pick up again a bit in the past rather then just say "oh well" and need to start all over again when i never actually died to begin with.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Barbarian in the Playground

Unless you're using mods, saves do not simply get corrupted. And if they did, they'd be equally threatening to non-hardcore worlds and would be prevented the same regardless of hardcoreness.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

24. - Top - End - #1374

Is there any chance of getting the broken, vestigial Spawn Protection removed from the server? I've run into it again on the Hardcore map, this time with lily pads.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phhase View Post

Great to both of those things. Yet I already can change the spawn point upon death for a certain region. (I just need to remember how I did it for the pyramid, bringing you to the viewing room when you die, and do it for the pvp arenas, bringing you to spawn in the portal room). I hope that maybe the command block will make things easier for me. I'm currently done with all of the door and ready signal for the pvps, I just need to get you phhase to ready the actual pressure sensors. If you need a current folder, I can use teamviewer with you and give you a copy of my .minecraft folder, so that you have the current version that works with the server.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Dwarf in the Playground

There is a way I just noticed that people should be able to see player's real names, without getting to see all of their personal information,
    /realname [player nickname]. I think that regular group should have access to that command, I don't know if they currently do or don't. Sapo?

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Dwarf in the Playground

*SAPO* *MEM* *Monkey (if possible)*
    So I'm currently on the pyramid event world, and for some reason, mobs started spawning in the area around me. Even when I flagged the region to deny mob-spawning, they still spawned... it seems the entire world has turned it's spawning back on. Also, when I do /mv list I only get one page of worlds.... the pyramid_event world seems to of vanished from the list. Sapo or Mem, can you fix this please? I am worried that if I log off, disconnect, and leave the world, that it will vanish, it happened less than half an hour ago, so if a rollback saves it. That'd be great (if the world vanishes that is). Otherwise, can you simply turn off the mob spawning for the world. I'm trying to figure out how to do it using multi-verse and that's where I saw that when looking on the /mv list, that Pyramid_event isn't even on it.

Thanks

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alright, really big problem. I just attempted to deny the animal spawn for the world, and it said: World does not exist!. Roll back needed?

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Dwarf in the Playground

alright, I think I know what happened
    I did /reload. That seems to remove the entire world from the mv list. I then did /load pyramidevent, and it seems like it worked, because the world is back.
    So sorry for the frantic posts.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ettin in the Playground

Does anyone know if slimes can spawn in lit swamp biomes?
    Also is there any way to force bats to collect in an area?, I kind of like the idea of having a bunch in my cave on rpworld once the server updates.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-10-31 at 03:39 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]