New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1506
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Strangely this new update gave me an idea for a team game in minecraft.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Does anyone know if slimes can spawn in lit swamp biomes?
    Not by the swamp spawning rules. 'course if the biome contains a slime chunk the slime chunk rules apply.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ettin in the Playground

So... can someone tell me what they think of this as an idea?

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright the general idea is there are two teams of three. One team is a band of knights. Their goal is to protect a village full of villager mobs outside their fortress (Small fortress, maybe three rooms and a common area.)
    they get a lot of stuff towards being heavily armed and armoured... but are absolutely not allowed to build(As in placing blocks into the world) anything more advanced than a wooden wall or door.

The second team is a trio of necromancers. Now they get no armour or weapons.... but they do get a full stock of potion ingredients... a ready made nether portal, and a large stockpile of spawn eggs for various undead creatures and witches. Their goal is to gather the three whither skeleton heads from the world (I was thinking the knights have one, and two would be in trap filled dungeons or otherwise protected areas.) and summon the whither to destroy the knights and the village along with them.

The knights live in their fort-town and get the benefits of trading with villagers.

The Necromancers live in a trio of towers in a swamp not too far from town. Where it's always dark due to a block ceiling in the sky. (Essentially the only place that would be mob-safe would be the towers themselves. And the necromancers only can go out with invisibility potions.)

The knights Modus operandi should be kicking in the door and stabbing zombies sort of thing.

Necromancers sneak around and set traps. Drop poisonous grenades, teleport around with ender pearls, enchant a bow and shoot the knights.. take a dead knights gear and put it on a whither skeleton and send it to kill the others... The general idea is Necromancers should never get into a direct fight. Because they will probably die.

Dying means you are out. You can watch but you aren't part of the game anymore.

If the whither is summoned but killed that counts as a win for the knights.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Orc in the Playground

Does anyone know if slimes can spawn in lit swamp biomes?
    The Wiki knows all.

Below level 40 (16 on Xbox 360) in specific chunks, any light level
    Swamp biomes on levels 51 through 69, light level < 8

My extended collection of avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pony Tarquin by Dirtytabs

Killer Klown by Ceika

Stroop by Mr Gone

5. - Top - End - #1385

Apologies if anyone was trying to play on the server in the last few hours. I kinda forgot I was AFK at an xp grinder.

6. - Top - End - #1386

Anybody know if the Minecraft Wiki recently got hacked? I tried accessing it just now and instead Chrome is giving me a malware warning. It was fine as of last night.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mula705 View Post
    Anybody know if the Minecraft Wiki recently got hacked? I tried accessing it just now and instead Chrome is giving me a malware warning. It was fine as of last night.
    I do agree, I hadn't gotten that message last night, I personally wouldn't try going into the site for a few days, or at least until you stop getting that message. I could assume that it was hacked, and chrome is protecting us. But for now, I just wouldn't try getting onto the wiki, try another source of information.
    Note Griefers will be drawn and quartered

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

You can't beat Minecraft!

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/
    or join us on our Teamspeak 3 server at:
    clantriforce.kicks-ass.org:9999
    password: Tri-Force

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright the general idea is there are two teams of three. One team is a band of knights. Their goal is to protect a village full of villager mobs outside their fortress (Small fortress, maybe three rooms and a common area.)
    they get a lot of stuff towards being heavily armed and armoured... but are absolutely not allowed to build(As in placing blocks into the world) anything more advanced than a wooden wall or door.

The second team is a trio of necromancers. Now they get no armour or weapons.... but they do get a full stock of potion ingredients... a ready made nether portal, and a large stockpile of spawn eggs for various undead creatures and witches. Their goal is to gather the three whither skeleton heads from the world (I was thinking the knights have one, and two would be in trap filled dungeons or otherwise protected areas.) and summon the whither to destroy the knights and the village along with them.

The knights live in their fort-town and get the benefits of trading with villagers.

The Necromancers live in a trio of towers in a swamp not too far from town. Where it's always dark due to a block ceiling in the sky. (Essentially the only place that would be mob-safe would be the towers themselves. And the necromancers only can go out with invisibility potions.)

The knights Modus operandi should be kicking in the door and stabbing zombies sort of thing.

Necromancers sneak around and set traps. Drop poisonous grenades, teleport around with ender pearls, enchant a bow and shoot the knights.. take a dead knights gear and put it on a whither skeleton and send it to kill the others... The general idea is Necromancers should never get into a direct fight. Because they will probably die.

I really like the idea! I think it'd be a great game to play, I surely would love to play it. I have myself seen a pvp type of game that your idea reminded me of, called The Walls. You should look it up, it's a really cool idea I personally think, if it were possible to create a game like The Walls, then I most definitely would create it so that we can another event that we can do. Otherwise, I like your idea, if you want we can surely try to make a hostable game of it, or just a game that everyone can do at their own time without needing someone to host it. Like the Survival Pyramid Event, someone needs to host it, but the PVP, no admin or mod will have to host it, players can go in and pvp freely (once I have the portals set up and ready to go).

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

Multigaming community creator and leader! Clan Tri Force, visit us at http://www.triforceclan.com/

Gaming has been a great way to get to know people. That's part of what I love about games, that they are social.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Dwarf in the Playground

What do you guys think of a game like this? http://youtu.be/HLeXP15vkcM

It's a true, vanilla Survival PVP, not arena based, but map based. I find it truly fantastic, what are your opinions? If we could get an event like this, would you guys play it? I know I would play it, all day every day.

Edit: Or even this one? A Creeper Survival Map. OOOH http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=R8viw9_xCTQ
    Last edited by HeavensAngel; 2012-11-01 at 12:45 PM.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Sounds like fun! Count me in if you want help building it.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1391

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAngel View Post
    What do you guys think of a game like this? http://youtu.be/HLeXP15vkcM

It's a true, vanilla Survival PVP, not arena based, but map based. I find it truly fantastic, what are your opinions? If we could get an event like this, would you guys play it? I know I would play it, all day every day.
    .....That is an excellent idea. The ability to use Runes would be cool too. And it's remarkably simple.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

HAH! A zombie just found me a Stronghold!

I heard a zombie breaking down a door, but i coudln't see any villages nearby, so i started digging down and found a stronghold! :D
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ettin in the Playground

the pvp map things look fun, and theres some stuff in 1.4 that could be fun in them(such as riding pigs or anvils)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

has anyone else's minecraft been spontainously crashing on the latest update? It worked fine for a long time after i turned the snooper function off, but now it's just begun randomly crashing again.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't been having crashes, but I have had bad lag spikes(especially near non falling sand oddly)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am proud to present to all of the players of the scuzzball.serveftp.com server, that the PVP event area is COMPLETE and OPEN for public use! Grand opening! YAY! It's been a long time with lots of hard work to get here, I'd like to thank all of you who participated in helping, in giving suggestions and idea, and support in making the whole thing possible.

Sincerely
    Your Admin HeavensAngel

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ettin in the Playground

I am proud to present to all of the players of the scuzzball.serveftp.com server, that the PVP event area is COMPLETE and OPEN for public use! Grand opening! YAY! It's been a long time with lots of hard work to get here, I'd like to thank all of you who participated in helping, in giving suggestions and idea, and support in making the whole thing possible.

Sincerely
    Your Admin HeavensAngel
    *glares at large pile of work and essays*

Oh, screw it. I'll be getting on sometime today/tomorrow to look at this. Which will require backdating and such, but what the heck. I want to see this.
    LGBTA+itP

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Firbolg in the Playground

Found my first (Non Creative*) Stronghold, by virtue of still having Cave map mode on while following my Tunnel Bore.
    So its now has a rail link to the rest of my base and where ever this tunnel ends up

Now after just checking its progress i would have found it even without the map as the Bore has dug through another part of the Stronghold

*Mind you by the time i knew that was a stronghold only the Ender gate was left, it being Unbreakable even to Mega Tons of Nukes
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mula705 View Post
    I just saw this on the minecraft wiki site

On Thursday, 11/1, Curse was notified by Google that there was a script known to be malicious being served though some of our sites. Upon further inspection Curse has determined the script was being served through ad placements from a 3rd party. These ads were being served as they normally would; however, due to a security breach at the 3rd party, a malicious JS was being served that was put in their passback system.

We have managed to identify the 3rd party, who is well known to be trusted, as the source of the script. They have been contacted about the compromise and have removed the malicious script being served to not only Curse, but possibly everyone with whom they work. They are still investigating the breach.

Curse takes security extremely seriously and has removed all 3rd party ad partners until the investigation is complete. We will keep you informed of the outcome of this investigation. In the meantime, we recommend you run a malware scan on your computer. You can run a free scan at http://www.malwarebytes.org/. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is there a name for a redstone circuit that sends a pulse when the input is turned from off to on(Kind of the opposite of a falling edge detector)?
    Last edited by The Underlord; 2012-11-03 at 11:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    Is there a name for a redstone circuit that sends a pulse when the input is turned from off to on(Kind of the opposite of a falling edge detector)?
    Minecraft wiki calls edge detecting circuits "pulse generators" from what I can tell. Take a look at designs B and B'.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

I decided to make a statue of myself. Nailed it.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show

By Akrim.elf

By Balmas

Greatest nonsensical poem ever= Lewis Carroll: Jabberwocky

Officially WoodzyOwl, the Owlwoodsiest Owl of the Owlwood Woods, Keeper of the Wooden Owlwood Owl

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Troll in the Playground

without fail every time I go to the official minecraft forum my router crashes. Is this a thing now can websites crash routers but do nothing to the computer?

I don't know much about routers and my typical response to computer failure is:
    1)turn it off and on again
    2) if 1 fails, kick it
    3) if 2 fails, call someone.

I noticed this problem when updating to 1.4 and trying to get the new texture packs. no other website I have ever seen before or since causes this same effect.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Dwarf in the Playground

In Order to commemorate for when the server reaches 1.4, I will be aiming to host a PVP Arena competition (The arena was finished a few days ago in entirety), hoping that everyone possible will be on, so that we can have a sort of tournament, where the winner(s) will receive a nether star as a reward. The winner will be allowed to choose which world they receive the star in, but may not receive it in the PVP world, RP world, Creative, or Ironcraft. The day that the server updates is unknown, but I will have to check with sapo, and check the forum regularly, and when the server is updated, the event will be occurring the next day (if possible) around 7 PM EST Multiple competitions can be held if enough people are on, for multiple winners or groups of winners. Do note, that this will have to work with my schedule. I had said 7 PM because that is the safest time, where every day I will be done with classes, and will most assuredly be able to host a match. Please be ready and on the server before 7 PM, just like with getting ready for a flight, you are expected to be checked in a certain amount of time before the flight is said to be.
    Last edited by HeavensAngel; 2012-11-04 at 12:09 PM.

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ettin in the Playground

In Order to commemorate for when the server reaches 1.4, I will be aiming to host a PVP Arena competition (The arena was finished a few days ago in entirety), hoping that everyone possible will be on, so that we can have a sort of tournament, where the winner(s) will receive a nether star as a reward. The winner will be allowed to choose which world they receive the star in, but may not receive it in the PVP world, RP world, Creative, or Ironcraft. The day that the server updates is unknown, but I will have to check with sapo, and check the forum regularly, and when the server is updated, the event will be occurring the next day (if possible) around 7 PM EST Multiple competitions can be held if enough people are on, for multiple winners or groups of winners. Do note, that this will have to work with my schedule. I had said 7 PM because that is the safest time, where every day I will be done with classes, and will most assuredly be able to host a match. Please be ready and on the server before 7 PM, just like with getting ready for a flight, you are expected to be checked in a certain amount of time before the flight is said to be.

Thank you,
    HeavensAngel
    I'd suggest setting it a few days after the update, to let people put it into their schedule in an easier fashion. But I support this idea.
    LGBTA+itP

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll probably be on, whenever it is, I'm really eager to get back on the server again(and to see if I can add a bat farm to my cave on rpworld(I think a dark room, with a 1 block tunnel leading to where I want the bats will work, since no hostile mobs other then cave spiders or silverfish can navigate a 1 block tunnel)
    Meow(Steam page)

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Operation Nerdpole complete. Project Bag End entering next phase.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show

By Akrim.elf

By Balmas

Greatest nonsensical poem ever= Lewis Carroll: Jabberwocky

Officially WoodzyOwl, the Owlwoodsiest Owl of the Owlwood Woods, Keeper of the Wooden Owlwood Owl

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ettin in the Playground

Are mushrooms bugged in 1.4?, I just tried making a mushroom farm in single player, and they need light level 0(or close to it) to grow, compared to 1.3 where they could be planted in everything other then full light(and sometimes they could be planted in full light anyway).
    Meow(Steam page)

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

Are mushrooms bugged in 1.4?, I just tried making a mushroom farm in single player, and they need light level 0(or close to it) to grow, compared to 1.3 where they could be planted in everything other then full light(and sometimes they could be planted in full light anyway).
    Mushrooms need light level 8 or lower to grow. They always have. Furthermore, they cannot see sky when planted, so you may need to build a structure above/around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Dwarf in the Playground

If you don't want to read through all of this, go to the bottom, and read the bullets for what I still have to do on The Walls Survival PVP arena.

So currently I'm working on the The Walls Survival PVP arena, I have nearly all of it done, I have the quadrants set up, (If you want to help me or get a chance to look at the arena, please send me a pm or make a reply to this asking to see it, or even better yet, find me when I'm online and ask to see it. I'll be working on it most likely for the next few days)
    Spoiler
    Show
    and I've learned how to make the sandfall work. The only thing that I need to add and work on, is the two digit timer for the 20-30 minute countdown, that will have the output send a signal to the sand wall to trigger it's fall down. I also have to add the spawn room in the world, as well as the team's teleporters so that when they step on the pressure plate, they are teleported to their waiting room, where they step on their tunnel block, and by the push of a button, their blocks are pushed up allowing them to begin, and the timer is started.
    I also have to figure out how to make it so that, I have the world saved, so that once a group goes through the game, I can simply reload the world, and everything is set back to the way it was before, so that another game can begin right away. I can either do that, or I can manually reload each quadrant by copying and pasting using a plugin, reseting the quadrants, so that it was as if nothing was changed. The thing though that I have to do then, is figure out how to make a resetable clock, and I have to manually remake the sand wall with floating sand blocks on the bottom.

So in a short list of things I still have to add:
    1. Add Clock countdown timer
    2. Have the world save, so after each game, the world can be reset and ready to be used again.
    3. OR: Manually reset each quadrant of the arena, and manually remake the sand wall.
    4. Have the spawn room and team teleporters to waiting rooms added and completed

Sincerely your Admin,
    HeavensAngel