New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Stuff .
    Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Ironcraft competition is open!

Theme is "Ponds, lakes, and puddles". That is to say, the build will need to relate to one of those things in the area.

Three rules to follow: 1) always have the diamond/gold/iron block setup with your sign on in somewhere. You can move it around as you like, just have it there for judges to use. 2) Try to stay inside the glass floating square, but it's alright to go some blocks out from it if you need or want to. No more than 8 blocks out from the boundary however. The glass ring near the ground can be removed if you choose. 3) Please keep the build within reason. This means don't build up higher than 20-30 blocks tall, don't change the lake shape too badly, don't dig too far under, etc.

Those rules are specific to this contest, and don't make up all the rules to be followed. One such rule is don't build outside your area.

Secret ingredient(s): Stairs! Any of the stair blocks will do. But you must have them, and they must be visible.

Image for finding where you will build; anyone who joins after this will get a new spot made for them.
    Spoiler
    Show

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post or ask!
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

2. - Top - End - #122

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

In relation to Hostile mobs in safe places: twice today i have had a Zombie spawn in my house.

The first one was after i came back from the nether and found it in the hall that connects the portal room to the rest of the house and then just before i logged out just now i was outside and saw one spawn in my main room and then head down into the hallway that the last one was in.

The light around the front door was a lil bit dim but more than what i would think a mob would spawn in.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    In relation to Hostile mobs in safe places: twice today i have had a Zombie spawn in my house.

The first one was after i came back from the nether and found it in the hall that connects the portal room to the rest of the house and then just before i logged out just now i was outside and saw one spawn in my main room and then head down into the hallway that the last one was in.

The light around the front door was a lil bit dim but more than what i would think a mob would spawn in.
    I get surprised at how low the light level in some places gets when setting up my lighting.

If you open up the f3 display, the 'bl' reading stands for 'block light' and tells you the light level where you're standing disregarding the sun. Check the darkest spots, 7 or lower is not safe.
    Last edited by Ogremindes; 2012-05-15 at 07:04 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124

Interesting. I am surprised that they don't spawn in my upper bedroom as the there is a patch of Bl: 6 right where the bed is. I should remove the bed and seal the room to see if i get spawns in there.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

The reason is that mobs have to be at a certain minimum distance from you to spawn. You might find monsters there if you venture out elsewhere.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

6. - Top - End - #126

The spot where i saw the zombie spawn was in a Bl:10-12 area
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Uh, there's a slight permissions problem.

It turns out that runecrafting works on Hardcore. (Well, the compass rune at least. Don't want to actually set up runes there.)

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

To whoever owns the big ship at New Cobaltia: I believe you've been griefed. It's possible the "under construction" look is intentional; if not, though, the south end of the superstructure is...patchy at best, and either way a number of the logs were on fire when I found it.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #129
    Halfling in the Playground

I added a friend of mine to the whitelist. He's new, and we wanted to play together... but I have no idea how to set up a server. All my attempts have thus far met with failure, no matter what tutorials I follow to the letter.

His name is Morguemeat!
    Fish.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

[QUOTE=Uke Fox;13239267]He's new, and we wanted to play together... but I have no idea how to set up a server. All my attempts have thus far met with failure, no matter what tutorials I follow to the letter.

[QUOTE]

Upgrade to the newest test patch or wait until 1.3 They are working to make setting up a server as easy or easier than playing single player.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-05-16 at 09:44 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Bluuuhh. So i logged on today,. and deciding to test out if my warps still worked, i warped to annother world and found all my stuff gone. That was expected though, but when i used /home to warp back to rpworld, all my stuff was still gone!

Soooo yeah. Any chance of getting a dimond sword, at least two iron picks, an iron shovel or two, an iron axe, a clock, and half a stack of torches spawned in for me?

maybe some food too?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

I had a simmilar problem with using the /spawn command.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

I must add that I also experienced this problem. Not long after Deme noticed it, I believe.

I left RPworld and when I returned, found that I'd lost an enchanted Diamond Sword, an enchanted Bow, a Diamond Pick, about a stack and a half of arrows and an Instant Health II potion. There was other stuff in my inventory, but I can regain that fairly easily.

EDIT Many thanks to Deme for restoring my items.
    Last edited by Tome; 2012-05-16 at 12:34 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Thinking i might just cancel one of my non-rpworld projects, it was grinding down to a close already, and i even removed all the torches from the mineshaft i was using and closed it down, but i think this no-item-transfer thing does it for me. i was hoping to get some more work done on it, but i guess i'll need to consider it finished as it is.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Furnace installation complete!

Spoiler
    Show

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #136

What exactly does it do, BR?
    Fish.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, and apparently /wg 3 takes me to hardcore.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

18. - Top - End - #138

Did the server just explode?

EDIT: Nevermind, my dad was messing about with the router and broke the internet. All is well.
    Last edited by Uke Fox; 2012-05-16 at 12:10 PM.
    Fish.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uke Fox View Post
    What exactly does it do, BR?
    It cooks stuff just like any other furnace?
    It's just a rather nifty installaton, I think at least.
    I'd love to figure out how to hide it with sticky pistons when not in use, but I don't want to tear apart my house to try my inexpert hand at restone, even if it could be done...

Did the server just explode?
    Nope.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #140

You said it was redstone-operated, I was wondering what it actually does. It just lights up?

Hiding it wouldn't be too hard. I'm sure someone would be willing to aid you (I would, but there are better redstoners than I).
    Fish.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Good news everyone!

I may have found a way to populate testificate villages with a high number of testificates and a low number of houses. still doing a bit of testing, but so far so good.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142

Hooray for human experimentation!
    Fish.

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    It cooks stuff just like any other furnace?
    It's just a rather nifty installaton, I think at least.
    I'd love to figure out how to hide it with sticky pistons when not in use, but I don't want to tear apart my house to try my inexpert hand at restone, even if it could be done...

Nope.
    I am not a Redstone wiz so there may be ways to compact this but its something i just whipped up on my Creative world.

Spoiler
    Show

Bottom mirrors the top

The switch is connected to it via circuit that come in from around the back one block down

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Was going to show off the screenshots i took while testing, buuuut the forum derped on me and it was all deleted. and its bedtime now, so i'm just gunna log off and post them sometime tomorrow.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

You said it was redstone-operated, I was wondering what it actually does. It just lights up?

Hiding it wouldn't be too hard. I'm sure someone would be willing to aid you (I would, but there are better redstoners than I).
    Yup, Redstone Lights.

Already got help with hiding, now I just need enough slimeballs for 14 sticky pistons...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #146

AWDI here,

I"ve got a little problem. It seems that my inventory disappeared when I used a wrong warp.
    I was in release(-780x, 64y and 995z is the start of the building that i was in) and I was going to my different warps for my tower( I have one for each floor and there only 1 symbol or letter ranging from q to ] )by error I went to /warp e, Which brought me to the Rp world(674X,68y,904z)
    After a while, I looked at my inventory and it disappeared. I'm not sure where exactly this happened but i lost my whole inventory. In this inventory, I remember having a diamond sword, Pickaxe and axe, all enchanted, Other than this I had normal item that I don't mind losing
    After a brief inspection, It seems that going from release to Rp. Deletes your whole inventory.

Could I have back the diamond things I lost, Scuzzball/Admins/Moderators?
    Thank you memnarch who re spawned my lost items
    On a side note: Sinderman, Could you please move you teleporter to the side of the road at "wizard's tower". I would like to thank you for making the teleporter but at the moment your teleporter blocks the road and prevents the expansion of the road. If you are unable to move or wish not to move it, Please PM so we are able to find a compromise.
    Thank you very much.
    PS: I don't I call it "wizard tower", I call it port and there /warp port if you want to go there with out the teleporters.
    Last edited by monkman; 2012-05-16 at 08:52 PM.
    awesome avatar made by Trazoi
    Totem Cleric:A divine fighter that uses a totem which empowers him.

I will not have as much acces to a computer so I will not post as much.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

Ya, problems have apparently developed, problem though is that I have no idea what their sources. RP is no different a group than any other.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

28. - Top - End - #148

*Updated WorldGroups
    -Fixed inventories et al sometimes being cleared when you change groups.
    --It was because I was in the middle of making the new version of WorldGroups when I fixed another bug and didn't think to fix one thing.
    Still looking for bug that causes groups to be given the wrong numbers. Meanwhile, all other forms of teleportation target correctly, and there's no risk of losing stuff by changing groups.
    Edit: Okay, it's one of those annoyingly weird bugs. I can't replicate it at all on my test server, and the exact things that are wrong changes at times. Won't be fixed before later tomorrow.
    Last edited by Saposhiente; 2012-05-17 at 12:21 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

So, Sap, a question.

What are the limits of Worldgroups? Can you completely remove some items from a worldgroup? So, say, making it so that one worlddoesn't have TNT, or even dirt, while another does?

I'm asking... BEcause there are awesome mods that require clientside downloads, and back before worldgroups... Well...
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

30. - Top - End - #150

No, though it could be made so theoretically, but I doubt your idea will work. Does it specifically say that it can be applied only to given worlds? If not, it can't. The other question is whether it's truly worth it. Big mods means more resource usage, and if you're the only one interested in it it's not worth it.

Spoiler
    Show