New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

SO! resulting from testificate testing. (they were made for it!)

spoilering because many large screenshots.

Spoiler
    Show

According to a youtube video by docredstone, this counts as a village, each door having one block (and a torch) to it's name. I have encased it in a dirt wall as this will all be "underground.
    Spoiler
    Show

Step 2: Place a single testificate inside this "village. I was told testificates needed to be able to pathfind to all the doors, this is to test if this is true. I also put an iron golem in there just in case.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sorry about the darkness, but here is the burried result. it is three-blocks high inside in order to fit the iron golem, the coblestone path is directly above the one-block gap between the two rows of doors.
    Spoiler
    Show

Next, i light up the surface and build four houses on top. Since one testificate takes up three doors, a settup like this would normally spawn zero baby testificates. Note that i did not place any blocks on the coblestone path.

Spoiler
    Show

[MG]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3897/51833308.png[/IMG]

Next, we populate the village. With two testificates and an iron golem for safety.
    Spoiler
    Show

While they get busy, lets build annother (but not-identicle) version of this same setup. Here's the "control" where we have the same set up, but no testificate pathfinding the rooms beneith. another thing to note that the inside of this one is only two blocks tall due to lack of an iron golem.
    Spoiler
    Show

Going back to check on the first two, BABBY!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

roofing and making houses for the seccond village
    Spoiler
    Show

TWO! TWO BABY TESTIFICATES! Ah Ah Ah Ah Ah!
    Spoiler
    Show

Wait... make that three! This test is going very well!
    Spoiler
    Show

Thse two however... not so much.
    Spoiler
    Show

The growing family accidently got out, so i made them a little staircase so they can get back in.
    Spoiler
    Show

These three... kept getting out without breeding. So i had to lock them up. (and also kill/replace them.)
    Spoiler
    Show

On the other side of the feild the family seems to have gotten themselves trapped outside in the dark. Evidently they have trouble figuring out stairs.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stiiiill no breeding here...
    Spoiler
    Show

Get to it guys!
    Spoiler
    Show

Maybe if i put a guy down here...
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a sad sad day when your robot can figure out stairs.. and you can't...
    Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile THESE guys... urgh! i even made you extra two-door houses and nothing! >:(
    Spoiler
    Show

These guys on the other hand are doing pretty well. All but two of them figured out the stairs and got back inside, and started breeding again!
    Spoiler
    Show

Maybe if i kill the non-breeders and replace them...
    Spoiler
    Show

*Ten minutes later*

I find this lack of breeding unamusing.
    Spoiler
    Show

FIRE IN THE HOLE!
    Spoiler
    Show

The winnahs! (minus two who sill cannot figure out stairs.)
    Spoiler
    Show

SO! What did we learn from this? Well.

Burying bare-bones houses one block underneath a village DOES work. But as seen in the second village, not all the time.

So what was different?

Well, lets see.

In the first village, the villager in the bare-bones houses was the first villager spawned.

The underground houses in the first village had a roof three blocks above them, rather then the two from the second. I am guessing this is the key factor.

But do we need a villager down there? Hard to say, as the test did not have two identical bare-bones villages. More testing will be needed, with four villages. Two with a roof only two blocks above them, two with a roof three blocks above them. Two with a testificate in it, and two with no testificate.

I will do that testing later, maybe not today.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-05-17 at 12:51 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

I am building a secret mountain base that i would love to build in the server too.

Reserve me a mountain.
    Despite everything, its still me.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    I am building a secret mountain base that i would love to build in the server too.

Reserve me a mountain.
    Well it's not very secret anymore, now is it?
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

But you do not know the location .

Now it has a series of traps leading to it, a lobby and barracks. up next: training room, an extarior fort that is guarded by soliders, The wizards office and Secret chamber.
    Despite everything, its still me.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Well it's not very secret anymore, now is it?
    Not secret... but fun.
    Fish.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post

Reserve me a mountain.
    On the note of mountain reservation, I'm still waiting for information on where in RPworld I should put that huge geode-egg-thing, and whether wool and digging tools are going to be spawned for that project (as they're not exactly rare, other than the blue wools, and it would save a lot of time, and it's not like you can extract the lapis from blue wool).

If not, I can still do it, but I still need to know what mountain or large hill to put it in.

EDIT: I've now decided on making a character. Makes this all much easier.

Name: Unknown. Doesn't talk much.
    Thing he/she/it can't do: Attack mobs or players.
    Thing he/she/it can do especially well: Maybe I can build using Minecraft Physics instead of sensible ones (only to a small degree)? Don't worry, I won't abuse it. I just want to have a bit of craziness, since the general concept is an enigmatic thingy that does stuff that doesn't make any sense at a glance (or five).

Allowable?
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-05-17 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Sure, that sounds fine. If a character's capable of building nonsensical structures, than nonsensical structures built by them aren't a problem. "A wizard did it" is a valid explanation in this world, provided a wizard (or whatever) can vouch that they did it.

Also, I explained what the deal was with that: I will meet you halfway on and re-create anything you prove you can work to get. As for locations, I'll go scouting when I get the chance.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-05-17 at 09:08 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Sure, that sounds fine. If a character's capable of building nonsensical structures, than nonsensical structures built by them aren't a problem. "A wizard did it" is a valid explanation in this world, provided a wizard (or whatever) can vouch that they did it.
    OK then.
    Also, I explained what the deal was with that: I will meet you halfway on and re-create anything you prove you can work to get. As for locations, I'll go scouting when I get the chance.
    Oh right, I forgot that. Sorry.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #159

If going for so much realism, though... it's not like using lapis lazuli as dye makes any logical sense. :P It's a rock! Maybe you could come to some sort of compromise, like representing the character gathering woad or true indigo by having Unknown deliver obscene amounts of foliage in exchange.

Is an idea. Blue was a practical and easily-obtained colour back in the day. Purple, however...
    Fish.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Know what i'd like to try one day?

A village in the nether.

I think if i put it right at the roof and if the bedrock layer up there is only one block thick, then it might work. Probably won't have any concept of day/night though.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161

Time for testing? Use redstone lamps for the sun! :o

Speaking of other dimensions; Endermen are either unassailable or seriously glitched out. Not even water kills them - they just teleport away. Sunlight has no effect on them. Was this to stop us going to The End? I want Endstone! :'c
    Fish.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

On another note, I seem to have some stuff in-inventory while in RPworld. This was there when I first went there upon making the character. No idea what it's from. Could the bits of it other than shears and bread (i got those after) be removed? I can't find lava to dispose of it in.

Also, any idea what I should have as my starting stuff? I was thinking just a random assortment of dye materials.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uke Fox View Post
    Time for testing? Use redstone lamps for the sun! :o

Speaking of other dimensions; Endermen are either unassailable or seriously glitched out. Not even water kills them - they just teleport away. Sunlight has no effect on them. Was this to stop us going to The End? I want Endstone! :'c
    They are also passive. I'm confused by your difficulty. Just put a pumpkin on your head and you're golden.

14. - Top - End - #164

Hardcore? They're not passive! They murder my face in two attacks if I so much as look at them, and are invulnerable. :P

Speaking of Hardcore...

Phenomenal amounts of ridiculousness have just occurred. So much so, that I am reduced to begging for my stuff back.

I was in the Blaze grinding room in the Nether (Hardcore). I notice, roughly around reaching level 50, that Ghasts are firing upon something. So, I ask, "Is anyone in the Nether?". With no response, I assumed this person was too busy running to reply. Nope. The Ghasts, somehow, knew exactly where I was - many blocks indoors, that is - and blasted inexorably through the walls until I noticed I was under attack. By that stage, the floor had already been destroyed, and I was thoroughly at the mercy of those Ghasts. I died, not only losing a diamond sword, but fifty levels. I couldn't care less about the sword. The levels, however...

Meanwhile, I believe that the delicate Redstone circuitry composing that grinder is now damaged. Secondly, using /wg 2 to return to Hardcore returns me to the Nether, to the exact point where I died - falling into lava, now.

Fifty levels!
    Fish.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Hardcore? They're not passive! They murder my face in two attacks if I so much as look at them, and are invulnerable. :P
    Yep. That's why you don't look at them. Hence the pumpkin. Or is this a case of "Ze Pumpkins! THey DO nothing!"

IS the Hardcore END working on the server? It wasn't the last time I looked.

Secondly, using /wg 2 to return to Hardcore returns me to the Nether, to the exact point where I died - falling into lava, now.

Fifty levels!
    Ah, Hardcore, how I missed you. I have to dig out my unmodified .bin to play though.

And on that subject, with world groups can we have a very popular mod installed on just one world?
    Like this one :3
    I'm finding Hardcore to be too easy without it. And with it we could have our own UHC competition, and I can fraps my perspective.

And on that subject, I have several minecraft videos of UHC speed challenges, as well as my ironcraft video, but when I upload them to youtube is looks terrible. I thought it took some time to get it working for HD but it's been a week and still looks the same. Once I figure this out, I'll start posting vids.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-05-18 at 03:57 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    Yep. That's why you don't look at them. Hence the pumpkin. Or is this a case of "Ze Pumpkins! THey DO nothing!"
    Ah, but every time they take any damage (or rather, just before they do), they teleport and proceed to ignore me. Be it sword strike, arrow, even water - they just teleport away, good as new. I stood on a lily pad, glancing at this one Enderman every so often, to aggro him. He'd walk over, step in the water (and I mean, he'd be waist-high in it), teleport away, and ignore me. So I'd look at him again, and he'd do it again. Evidently he took no damage whatsoever from this, because he didn't die even after many, many dips in the water. This was during the day, also.
    Fish.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread yet, but, I found a mountain range that appears to have been blown up with several stacks of tnt near a certain jungle in rpworld, would whoever blew up the mountains mind if I used part of the blown up mountain range as part of the adventure I was building?

spoiler
    Spoiler
    Show
    spoiler warning
    Spoiler
    Show
    which leads to the jungle I planted there, and starts near a small hill of mycelium somewhere in the forest

^white grey text above^ edit: nvm, looks like I cant make invisible text in a spoiler
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-05-18 at 05:14 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

18. - Top - End - #168
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    And on that subject, with world groups can we have a very popular mod installed on just one world?
    As I have already said, only if the mod itself supports it. Worldgroups does nothing to the game logic; it only archives and retrieves player data.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    On another note, I seem to have some stuff in-inventory while in RPworld. This was there when I first went there upon making the character. No idea what it's from. Could the bits of it other than shears and bread (i got those after) be removed? I can't find lava to dispose of it in.

Also, any idea what I should have as my starting stuff? I was thinking just a random assortment of dye materials.
    Never mind the first bit. I found lava and disposed of what seemed to have appeared from nowhere.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, Deme, is the hill under Hazel's shop hollow at all? I was thinking of putting David's home there.
    LGBTA+itP

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

No, it's not hollow. All I ask is that you keep the entrance out of Hazel's yard and not interrupt the staircase.
    ...I cannot recall who David is, but I will worry about that when I am less sleepy.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-05-18 at 09:52 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    No, it's not hollow. All I ask is that you keep the entrance out of Hazel's yard and not interrupt the staircase.
    ...I cannot recall who David is, but I will worry about that when I am less sleepy.
    The caveguy. Went off to hunt, came back to his tribe, and found the town instead. I sent you a few PMs about it a few weeks back, only now starting to play.
    LGBTA+itP

23. - Top - End - #173

*Added port redirect to make McMyAdmin work for admins who aren't me
    You guys could have told me that it wasn't working...

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Firbolg in the Playground

Meanwhile, I believe that the delicate Redstone circuitry composing that grinder is now damaged. Secondly, using /wg 2 to return to Hardcore returns me to the Nether, to the exact point where I died - falling into lava, now.
    A structure in the Nether without cobblestone shielding is just asking to be destroyed eventually.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

A bit of an odd question, but one related to the adventure I'm making; have we slain the enderdragon on terra, release, or rp yet?, I had been planning to use the ovicaptor rune to get a few villager spawn eggs, but relized I couldn't remember any warps to end portals or if we had even found/made one yet.
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-05-19 at 02:04 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    A bit of an odd question, but one related to the adventure I'm making; have we slain the enderdragon on terra, release, or rp yet?, I had been planning to use the ovicaptor rune to get a few villager spawn eggs, but relized I couldn't remember any warps to end portals or if we had even found/made one yet.
    I have at least one warp to the end, but it's private for some reason I forgot. So tell me you need to get to the end when we're both ingame and I'll send you along. Or there are supposed to be a few other warps. And this end has had the dragon killed, yes. I was part of the group that did it.

-JB
    Last edited by Eldest; 2012-05-19 at 08:32 AM.
    LGBTA+itP

27. - Top - End - #177
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have completed my doomtower. Except I don't know what one puts in a giant, well-lit sandstone tower. I gave it a floor, but I haven't though of anything else yet.

Suggestions? Someone said wizards before, but I feel that may be overdone.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    I have at least one warp to the end, but it's private for some reason I forgot. So tell me you need to get to the end when we're both ingame and I'll send you along. Or there are supposed to be a few other warps. And this end has had the dragon killed, yes. I was part of the group that did it.

-JB
    ah
    (needed ten letters)
    Meow(Steam page)

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

If you just need End Stone, try /warp secondend.

(But careful of that one-block hole in the floor...it got me once.)
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-05-19 at 06:07 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

30. - Top - End - #180

*Updated Bukkit
    *Added a portal to hardcore until the wg bug is fixed

Spoiler
    Show