Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: 64 Times the Harvesting: Let's Play Harvest Moon 64

Chapter 17: Happiness
    Spoiler
    Show

Summer - 15 - XXX1

I saw Karen in the mountains, looking pretty happy.

"Your moves are alright, but I'll teach you some of ours. It'll be great."
    "Yeah, maybe so. I'll look forward to it."
    But I have no idea when the next dance will be...Next year? Oh, well.

Nothing else of real note today, except that I think the guy who lives at the mountain -- the carpenter, maybe? Has acknowledged my existence with a little nod. Huh.

After the last few days, I feel like I need a breather. A day with nothing crazy or emotional happening...

Except this:

"W-what?"
    "I like you, Fox, so I'll back you up. <3"
    "W-where did this come from?"

"Heh. A man who's cool like you is really just like snow; when you put him in a new enviroment, he melts. It's a matter of time."
    ...I'm not sure I like the idea of melting.

Well, anyway, off to the... Well, I was about to say 'off to the library,' but I'm stopped by the sight of a very nervous Mayor talking to his rather unhappy-looking wife.
    He was just done explaining something when I came by. I'll just...elect not to step forward. It's not eavesdropping, it's just...Not wanting to interrupt.

"I'm sorry, dear."
    The mayor's wife sighs -- she doesn't sound surprised, or even very upset.

The mayor flusters about a bit. Maybe I've just got a nose for this, but this feels...Like a scene where they're both familiar with their respective roles.

"So...I thought I could use my secret savings....And help him out...Oh, Goodness..."
    So, in other words, someone conned the Mayor out of his money by claiming to need help. Like a mini Spanish Prisoner, but relying on him being nice instead of relying on him being greedy. Well, that's good. I wouldn't want our mayor to be tricked with his greed.

...Of course, a mayor you can't trick with puppy dog eyes is even better. How did he stay in office?
    At this point, his wife just sighs gently. But it's a different sort of sigh -- she's smiling gently.

The mayor doesn't catch it, though. He looks like a scolded child.

And she starts to giggle behind her hand.

"I married you knowing that you were a gentle and good-natured man. You can't help that there are people in this world who will take advantage of that."
    Her forgiveness seems to hit the mayor worse; he slumps a little where he stands, and I have to strain to keep casually overhearing and not eaves-drop at all.

"If she sees that long face of yours...Anyway, it's not as if I didn't put away some of our secret savings somewhere even more secret...For such an eventuality."

The mayor nods happily, relieved that his wife is looking out for him...And going home.

...Having someone to watch your back...I remember my mom's relationship with me, but not her relationship with my dad...
    Dad never dated or had anyone else in his life...So I can't quite picture what it's like. Seeing a moment like that, I can't help but feel...A little lonely. Maybe he felt that way, too. I'm not sure if I could be there to back someone else up, either.

So I end up heading to the library with a lot on my mind. Maria looks thoughtful today, too.
    "What's up? Something on your mind?"
    "No -- Well...M-maybe a little..."
    "You can tell me, Maria."
    She half-mumbles through her explanation.

"...to clearly say what you want to say...Not being able to tell people no, or ask them to think about their lives differently...To show people what I do and why it matters..."

This is one of those moments where time freezes. Because what's she really asking here?...She's asking me because she needs something from me...

"Maria... You're a really wonderful person. You shouldn't be anyone you don't really want to be."
    I take another deep breath, and she starts talking to fill the silence.

"That I didn't have to change...It -- It takes a tremendous amount of courage to change your personality."
    "That's not what I meant...I think you have that sort of courage."
    "W-what?"
    "Even if it's just a little at a time...It's been a lot of fun, slowly seeing you open up. I know you can do that if that's what your happiness is... Because, like I said; you're a really good person, Maria. Unlike me, you've got your dreams, even if they're secrets. You've got it together."

She smiles, but tears form at the edges of her eyes.
    "What? What'd I say?"
    "Don't worry...I'm not sad...I just..." She stares for a moment out the window. "I think I need some air, to get my head together."
    And she leaves the library quietly. I stay a minute longer. Yeah...I'm totally no good at supporting people.
    When I eventually leave, I don't see her around... But I do see someone at the crossroads.

A familiar someone.

An incredibly jerky someone.
    "That idiot in the hat...He really bought that whole 'sick mother' thing right up! Whatta Maroon!"
    As he stands there, laughing to himself, Maria shows up.

...Oh, shoot. Man. I need to do something before this goes terribly wrong.

The salesman turns around.
    "Oh, you're that man's daughter...What? Want his money back? Too bad, princess." There's an awkward silence. "What? Say something already!"
    She scrunches down, but starts to speak before I can step in.

"Even if they forgive you, God won't."

"...Forgive me. I don't expect my happiness to be gotten from karma or prayers."

"Does...D-does taking things from other people make you happy?"

"To measure other people's happiness. Are you happy just because you're self-satisfied in your 'righteousness'?"
    Maria doesn't answer.

To my surprise, she doesn't give up...Even as she's shaking, she doesn't surrender her feelings that easily.

"When you hurt other people?"

"People? That's just foolishness. Happiness is for people who don't care what's in their way."

Maria shakes her head.

"...Hurt other people....I want to make people happy."
    "You don't want to feel uncomfortable yourself. You want to feel safe, like..."

She slumps downward, but shakes her head still.

She comes up to him, fidgeting with something around her neck.
    "I-I'm no good...With...explaining how I feel..."

She hands him something small and gold from her neck. The salesman examines it.
    "What's this? A golden pendant?"

What the heck, Maria?! Don't give him your stuff! He's a cheat!

Her nod comes very slowly now.
    "I-It'll make you happy, right?"
    "Goodbye, young lady. Thanks for the cash."

He strolls off merrily. I've had enough of that.
    "What was that about, Maria? You can't just let that guy get away with your things!"
    She stares after him for a long time.

"Can a person be happy living only for money, not caring who he hurts?"
    "...I don't think so. I couldn't live happily just thinking that's what people wanted of me...And I think my dad just hates joy."
    "But what if he's right? Is it wrong to judge others...Based on what makes me happy? Couldn't your dad be happy, too, and you don't want to see it?"
    ...I'd never really thought about it, so it takes me back. I don't have an answer.

"...I don't think it is. Not from you, anyway. You were pretty brave back there, though. I was all ready to jump in and protect you...But I was impressed."

...Why do I seem to keep making her cry?
    And you know...They both had their points. What exactly is 'happiness'? When you put it like that... I don't know if this is what Grandpa meant.

Well, onward to my next stop. Cliff's at the ranch today.
    "What's up? How's Cain?"
    "He's doing well; he really likes this area....You like animals, don't you?"
    "Yeah, I do. I feel a sort of...Kinship." Or maybe a sort of dislike, in the case of Malice.
    "That's good. I mostly like wild animals, but..."

"But I don't really have the money to buy or care for one."
    I think Agros is doing OK...But I'm not confident. I share his concern.

Anyway, I'm here...For a reason. A reason that goes Baa.

I'll get some more fodder, first. I'm basically out.

"I'd like a sheep today."
    "Diversifying, huh? Good for you, kid!"
    "...My name is Fox."
    "Don't like being called 'kid,' huh? How about Greenhorn?"
    "..."
    "Ah, cool down! I'm just kidding!"
    He bursts into rolls of laughter.
    I leave.

Oh, another joke, huh? It is to laugh!

First Baah.

Welcome to the family, Lambo.

Anyway, I keep working and doing my chores before heading to bed.

Summer - 16 - XXX1

Calling it now: Kent is excited about the sheep.

Who got it right? This guy.
    "That seems to be basically how it operates, yeah."

...Really? That's it?
    "...Have a nice day, Kent."

First up: more tomatoes! I ship them, except for the presents.

Second up: Mail.

I don't recognize the handwriting at all.
    "...To that girl with the glasses."
    Inside is a little golden pendant. It's a locket with an engrave butterfly on the front.
    A part of me wants to open it -- but a part of me knows better. But that part...Well, it'll never win, you know?
    As I open it, I see that inside...Is a picture of a young Maria, smiling happily between her parents. They're at a festival, and Maria has a balloon in her tiny hands, the string rising out of frame...
    Everyone in the picture looks so happy...
    That in my hand, the pendant feels heavy, too.

Well, Mr. Salesman, it looks like that girl defeated you, after all. I'm not sure I could fight, either. In fact, a part of me is pretty sure I lost a long time ago...

Anyway, onto the mountains, first.

"...It is?"
    "Silly Mr. Fox!"
    "Oh, by the way...Thanks for the advice. About the vineyard."
    The little elf applauds.
    "You did well, too, Mr. Fox! With just a bit of hinting, you did well!"
    "Thanks for adding that last part."
    "It's OK. Heroes don't need to be smart."
    "H-hey!"
    He laughs and bounces off.

Karen's at home today, which is a bit of a surprise.
    "I heard something odd the other day."
    "Oh?"

[colo=purple]"he's my grandma's grandson."[/color]

"That is how family trees work, yes."
    "It just feels wierd. I thought my family here was all there was -- this means I've got an uncle and an aunt somewhere, too, right?"
    "And that you're related to Cliff. That's pretty unexpected."

Anyway, I go through most of my day as normal... Except that when I reach the library...

Maria's on the ground. I let the whole topic of the pendant fall from my mind.

"Maria! Are you alright? What happened?"
    "Ouch...I seem to have twisted my ankle."
    "Oh, ow... You need someone to look at that, right?"
    "I think so. There's ice and bandages at my house, but...I can't actually stand."

Well. I think what I need to do is pretty obvious... I mean, I'm pretty strong, and I don't think Maria weighs very much...Her house isn't far at all.

I guess she wasn't expecting that. She flusters.
    "You just said you couldn't stand. I can't just leave you on the floor. I mean, what would I say to your family? Oh, yeah, Maria fell and she couldn't get up, but I didn't want to bother anyone..."
    She laughs, mostly out of nerves. It was a terrible bit.

Her body is warm, and she really doesn't weigh much -- I bet she's one of those people who gets lost in something and forgets to eat. Or maybe it's just that she's a little high-strung. But all the same, I feel very warm, carrying her. Like...I dunno.
    I just feel good. Not, like, sexy good. Just...Good. I don't think I have the words. All my nerves feel on end. Her hair smells of lavender shampoo, her clothes feel soft, her breathing is nervous and light, and brings her sides in and out of touching me.

I carry her down the road to her house.
    "U-um....Fox...Thank you. For yesterday."
    "What do you mean? I just stood around and made you cry."
    "...I-I don't know...Whether what I did was right or wrong...Or anything like that...If what I think's OK...But...M-maybe it's my fault, but all the same...No one said they believed in me."
    "I bet lots of people believe in you."
    "...Maybe. T-thank you. For being there."

I carry her home and let her mom start worrying about her ankle.
    "Don't worry; she should be fine by tommorow."

Summer - 17 - XXX1

Oh, is this about the festival the sprites mentioned?
    ...I should not mention the sprites.

The what?
    "Why don't you join us?"
    "What is the festival?"

Nice curiosity-blackmail, there.
    "I guess I'll have to come."

"See you."

I check my mail... For a little note. It's on pink stationary, smelling of flowers.

Poor Popuri. I bet that hair keeps her neck sweltering.

Anyway, I need some gear from the shop...

*sigh*
    Farewell, money.

"Anything else."
    "...Why? I mean, they're just really huge scissors."
    He shrugs.
    "But they'd tear anything less durable about."

I'll miss you, funds.

Oh, that's right! I forgot the pendant! I facepalm my hardest, and rush to the library.
    "Maria...This is for you. The salesman sent it to me..."

"I think so. Something given so freely and so precious..He said it was 'too heavy' for him to carry."
    "...I want to believe."
    "Maybe he'll turn over a new leaf."
    I say this, but I don't believe it. I guess I'm a cynic to my core... But...I don't want her to be wrong.

Anyway, I keep heading onward, to the Green Ranch. Ann has a big packaged bundle in her arms.

"What's that?"

"The sheep on our farm."

"We're sending it off to people who'll make yarn and fabric from it. All our sheep are pink...It's kind of cute."
    She laughs.
    "I can't wait to see how Lambo does one day."

Speaking of which...There's not enough grass for another day. Which means, I need to bring the big animals inside.

This goes...Alarmingly easily.
    Anyway, the rest of my chores are done; let's hit the festival!
    ...Or, well, let's wait until nightfall so I can hit the festival.

I end up waiting around for a bit, getting rid of a big rock or too...Nothing much.

And so, let's go.

Everyone's standing around with pretty pink flowers the size of our heads...And inside each flower is...Some sort of light? Or are they just glowing?

"What's this about, Ma'am?"

"For the festival, and on this night we light their way back to heaven."
    "...That's a pretty cool idea."
    What, were you visiting and not telling me, Mom?
    Don't give me that look. Is that any more far-fetched than magic trees and lucky charm-speak goddesses?

Welp, time to listen to Nintendo Power and talk to everyone.

"This place must be crowded with spirits. It seems like such a quiet festival...But there really is a lot going on."
    "That's an interesting idea. We should have put together something more entertaining for them."
    "You're right; I should have packed a snack."

"How do these lights work, Rick?"

"Stone is in this flower. It reflects light, so a few fireflies are enough to make it shine."

"Oh, come on...Don't you want the spirits to get home safe?"
    I will not ask about their parents. I will not ask about their parents. I won't. I will not. No.
    I'm not evil.

"I think they do. The world's a big place...I can't rule anything out."
    He purses his lips thoughtfully.

oh thank god someone brought them up so I don't have to ask. Victory.
    "..."
    Or not...I guess he doesn't know what that answer will produce.
    "I don't remember..."

...Poor kid. I don't envy the old man.

"Yeah, maybe..."

"Hey, Maria. No flower?"
    "My parents have one for our family..."
    She looks aside, nervously.

"You're afraid? Why?"
    "It's just so big and so dark...It feels like the world must have been before creation...And...If I fell in, I wouldn't be able to see."
    "I see..."
    "Still, to come here to pray to our ancestors is very uplifting."
    "What do you pray?"
    She shrugs.

"Sounds good."

(
    "On this night...So it always gets very dark once we float away the lights."
    Yeah...Is that another goddess-given miracle? How does she move the moon?

"Have dropped into the sea..."

"I bet you like this, huh, Popuri?"
    "These flowers are amazing!"

"Because fireflies can enter and light it up. It's..."

"I'm impressed. Does your family grow them?"
    "Yup <3. They were my special project this year, since they take special care in this climate."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, maybe...I hope he thinks I've done a good job."
    "Maybe. Or maybe the old geezer's hard to please."
    "Hmm." What is happiness? What is 'leading a wonderful life?'
    Everything's simple when you see it from far away. To the spirits, the lanterns in the dark would be stars, huh?

He gives me a light, and I place it in the water.

The current begins to send them, slowly and carefully, out to sea. After a while, they simply seem...To be floating in a great black sky, where the water and the sea are the same...

Goodbye, Mom. Grandpa.

Mom...I don't think about her very often. But all of the sudden, thinking about her...
    I feel like I'm about to cry.
    What an idiot.

I stare at them long after everyone else has left. When I turn around at last, Maria's standing there.

"Yeah. Sounds good."

"...Yeah. The same, I guess. I...I think I've never really had much chance...To think about the people who've gone."
    "I'm sure everyone's proud of you, living and dead."
    "Not my dad."
    "Maybe even him. I think he should be, anyway."

We walk the rest of the way home in silence, until we split up.
    Well, that was a nice festival, and I'm going to have a good sleep.

It's time for another... Typo Report!
    Spoiler
    Show

Another screenshot I had to cut from its scene to avoid a typo. These apparently happen a special amount in Maria scenes -- there's *another* scene killer -- the one I wanted to make the typo reports for -- in a hopefully upcoming scene with Maria.

The word is shearing, Ann. Like with shears. Not like with things that are sheer. See the difference?

This isn't so much a typo as it is me observing how much actual *choice* I got in the scenes this chapter. There's a choice in this scene (I chose 'you're fine'), there's a choice about whether I think the salesman was happy or not (I chose 'no'), there's a choice in whether or not to pick her up when she sprains her ankle (and this is the one that actually matters, since it's a HUGE affection drop if we don't do it, so naturally, we carried her home), and there's a choice whether to walk home with her or not (I chose to). I couldn't, however, pick who I wanted to walk home with; the game auto-picks the girl with the highest affection to offer, provided it's above a certain point.
    So. Yeah. A lot of choices.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-09-22 at 08:46 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

I think we all know who the spirit of this update was.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Maria is the best. Go Maria!

We really should have thought of some sheep names before hand huh?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

@Trobby:
    The choices are mine and mine alone!

@Forum Explorer:
    Yeah, a bit. Trobby suggested Lambo in a chat, so here we are. Lambo. Sheep gonna shoot up the place.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    @Trobby:
    The choices are mine and mine alone!
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

XD

Chapter 18: Firefly Night
    Spoiler
    Show

Summer- 18 - XXX1

This morning, I'm trying to shake off yesterday. I don't want to live always worrying about stuff, after all.

Especially not when I have corn!

As I'm in the mountains, I hear a voice...
    "Up here, Fox!"
    Popuri's voice descends as if from heaven above. It's an odd moment. I mean, there's a tree above me and....
    A cliff.

I look up. Popuri's up on top of the cliff, waving brightly.
    "Hi-ho! <3"
    "...How did you get up there? There's that big gap and..."[/color]
    "That big tree. It's very strong, so you can shimmy up it. Come on!"
    I look at the tree. Sure, it can support Popuri... But I'm taller and I'm pretty sure I'm more muscular than her. I used to be pretty skinny...
    "Don't you want to see the world from above?"
    She looks down at me, her hair falling and framing her face, the bright sunlight streaming around her...
    Popuri, in that light, looked a bit like an angel. Like an angel who wants to show me a world.

I have, I think, a problem.

The problem is this: Here I am, trying to find footholds in the branches, clinging to the trunk for dear life, getting smacked in the face, and I bet I'm going to fall and break my spine and all my leg-bones and there are like 4 of them...
    Because a girl -- an insightful, odd, pretty, special girl asked me to.
    I am a lunatic. A lunatic who is going to suffer death by tree.
    When I slide down or fall back onto a lowe branch with a thud that freaks me out, Popuri says something encouraging.
    And eventually, with what I think will be a lot of bruises piling up, I manage...To get up top. I'm soaked in sweat.
    "...H-how...How did you manage..."
    "Well, everyone who grows up here can climb a tree better than that... I guess it was a new experience, huh?"
    "I thought I was going to die."

"I wouldn't let that happen. Anyway, come look."
    From here, we can see the distant layout of the town, the rooftops emerging from the sea of trees, the streets as gaps in among the world... It makes the path I run, full-tilt, every day feel...Very small. And there's still mountain to climb, too.
    The air up here is cooler than below, the wind playing at our hair. It feels so much more peaceful up here than it usually does.
    "I love coming up here in the summer. I can't stand the heat too much...And...I wanted you to see things up here. I wanted you to get the chance to feel climbing that tree; it's no good, just working and not experiencing. Experiencing's about play!"
    "...Yeah. I think I used to feel that way."
    She puts a hand by the nape of her neck, lifting the cotton-candy mass of her hair.
    "Used to?"
    "Yeah. I dunno...I guess I kept playing around, but I sort of...Didn't feel like I was experiencing anything. Or something. Living wasn't working, but...I guess I wasn't moving there, either.
    I enjoyed it, though."
    "Then I think that was good enough, at least for then. What do you think of the view? And the climb?"
    "The view is great. The climb was...Well, it was certainly a thing. A painful, painful thing. How are you?"

"Keep on keeping on, I guess. You're tougher than I thought you'd be when we first met, actually."
    "Thanks! <3"

"By the way...How do I get down?"
    "Jump. <3"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF----
    *crash*
    ...I...I'm OK. Maybe. Ow.

The day pretty much proceeds as normal from there...
    The bakery manager, Jeff, nods when he sees me come in to talk to Elli.
    "You look like you've had a rough morning."
    "...So, I've learned I can climb a tree. I didn't know that."
    "Sounds very rough...Well, why don't Elli and I give you something on the house?"
    "I know; he can try my macaroon recipe. I've been working on it."
    She rushes into the back and comes out with sticky white macaroons. I pop one in my mouth, watching her expectant face.
    "How is it?"
    "It's really good, duh."
    "It's not a duh. Whether something is good or not depends on a lot of things like..."
    "It's baked by you, so it being good is a given."[/color]
    She looks surprised, but then she smiles and fiddles with her apron.
    "It needs work. I'll keep working on it."
    And she vanishes into the kitchen. I turn to Jeff.

"Why the freebie?"[/color]
    "Well, when you're tired like that..."

"I see...Thank you."

"Hey, Maria."

"...Something wrong? You're not...Upset with me about earlier?"
    I don't know why she was crying the other day...But she did, and that's sort of my fault.

...I have a second problem.
    Fact of the matter is...I like where I am.
    I like hanging out with Maria and Karen and Popuri and everyone. I don't want...To make everything complicated, and full of feelings and junk.
    Just keep it simple for now. I know myself pretty well: that guy who never has a girlfriend because he's after a different girl every week...Just casual, just fun. Always. That's all I can be...
    And I know enough to know no one here wants that.
    So I'm not doing anything.
    Don't make any sudden moves, and maybe life can go on like normal.

I end up feeling a bit guilty about my choice, so I go see Ann. A bastian of cheerful stability. Of course, I run into Gray first, though.

"...I just came to talk to Ann, OK?"

"Listen, I've had a rough day, and am not in the mood for the over-protective country-mouse brother shtick, OK, Mr. Grim? I jumped off a cliff today. What are you doing?"[/color]
    He looks taken aback.
    "...Dying wool....Go 'n have your talk; I got real work to do."

I edge past.
    "So, dying wool, huh? How's that going?"
    "Oh, Hi, Fox! It's going well. We've actually got everything we need for the dyes for a change...We do it all-natural, so sometimes it's tight."
    "All-natural?"

"Oh, I see..."
    "Why the long face, Fox?"
    "Do you think it's better to not do something when you think doing it will ruin everything?"
    "It's not better, but...Don't stress out about it! If something needs to happen, it'll be clear, right? Just keep going and..."

"Thanks, Ann."

Anyway, I head to the bar, then log a bit, then head ho...

And Maria's there, standing in the moonlight, her dark hair vanishing into the night, her pale dress fading into moonlit brightness and twilight shadow. Maria's always a pretty small girl, but in the darkness, she's even smaller.
    "Maria? What are you doing here? And in the middle of the night?"
    "W-well...I-I thought...Maybe...That is..."
    She flutters like a moth. I wait.

She comes up to what she wants to say in a rush.
    "The mountain? Why?"

"A-And...W-well, you're not still working this late, are you?"
    "...No, I'm not. I'm curious."

She leads me into the mountain. We don't stop near the fisherman's tent; we cross the bridge. At first, I think maybe everyone's out to torture me, and she wants me to climb that tree again.

But we go past it, towards the clearing of the goddess. She takes soft little steps. My boot-steps sound clumsy behind them.

"We're getting very close..."
    You're telling me.

We walk between the trees, and for a moment, I feel like I lose her in the darkness. All I see is the shadows of trees. I stumble forward, trying -- like Orpheus -- to attach a figure to those tiny shadows of footsteps.

And then there's light.

They bob up and down, filling the darkness up with flickering. I feel like I'm in a starscape, like the world's been replaced with these little stars in the darkness. My breath is gone out from under me.

Eventually, my vision focuses. We're in the goddess's grove, with fireflies flickering around us. Maria stares out at them, not meeting my gaze. She's looking at the flashing insects with a breathless tenderness, her body relaxed and at once on the verge of an action -- to reach out, or to flee. Eventually, she speaks to me.

"really clean water... They can't live in dirty places...So I thought...You wouldn't have seen as many fireflies as we get out here this time of year."

I shake my head and close my eyes for a moment. I want to engrave this moment in my mind. Eventually, I say...
    "You're right. I never had...In this city, you don't see fireflies at all."
    "I know...I..."
    She almost turns to me, but she trembles a little, the light glinting off her glasses, and she doesn't just yet.

Whatever she was going to say becomes lost in the darkness, and she looks up into the light.

"I wanted you to see them, because...I wanted you to see this, while you lived here. I wanted to see you and these fireflies..."
    She trails off, her voice wavering slightly.

"W-we sometimes find circumstances too much...Or get afraid...Or the little, fragile world that lets things like this exist breaks..."
    Maria looks lost in her thoughts tonight. I can't describe it. She's seemed so sad and scared lately. Maybe my being around her has just made her feel worse, because that fragile world of hers got intruded on...By some clumsy city oaf.

"But I want to keep the world where I could see you again, again and again, in these woods...I want to keep that. I don't want it to close off and die." She says it with a sudden strength that I saw when she was speaking to the salesman -- the way the delicate ceramic of her heart is fireproof, and stronger than glass.
    "Because when I saw you in these lights...It all just felt so beautiful. Like all the troubles melted away...And the world was bright and innocent again."
    I felt the same way. Not because of the fireflies, but because of her...But Maria probably means it like, well, like she means it.
    R-right?
    "Yeah."

She flushes and fidgets her hand, her fingers seeming like fluttering leaves.
    "I-I-I m-m-m-mean...Fireflies are so nice. L-like stars."

"We need to try and keep this world a place for them, don't you think? A place where the water is clean and the woods are deep."
    She at last looks at me and offers a thin smile. I find myself smiling back, even though I had been trying to keep my face neutral as I listened.
    "Absolutely." I crouch down on the cool, dew-soaked grass, leaning back to watch her and the fireflies. "Come on. Sit with me. I'm used to staying up late...And never for anything quite so pretty."[/color]

She smiles more sincerely and settles down next to me. We watch happily for a while.
    "Maria. I'm sorry I've upset you recently."
    She shakes her head vehemently, her braid sliding off her shoulder. And she begins to laugh.
    "No, no!...I...I was crying because...I was so happy."

"...What?"
    "I was so happy, to hear you say you believed in me. I-I tried going to a college in the city, for a while...It didn't work. There was so much noise...So many people...The world was so big, and I was so small...I couldn't..."
    Her smile becomes a little bitter, her eyes narrow and the light reflecting off her glasses. Underneath that light, she could be hiding anything.
    "No matter how good at my schoolwork I was, I couldn't accomplish anything... I finished what I could back here...But I couldn't believe in myself. I had dissapointed everyone. 'Maria's the smart one.' 'Oh, Maria may be shy, but she's so clever'...It all turned out to be a lie."
    "That's not true. How you do at some dumb school doesn't decide who you are."

She smiles again.
    "You believe that. So I was happy...I know it's silly, to be so happy you could cry...Just from one person saying something like that."
    ...I remember my grandfather, saying that he wanted me to have a wonderful life. That he thought I could...Felt implicit in that. It was the first time in a long time someone said anything like that... So I think I understand.
    I changed my whole life, chasing this.
    Just one person, huh?
    "Look at the fireflies," I say, trying to capture something that seems far away. "Each of them is flashing, trying to look for someone to see it and be impressed. They don't think it's dumb, to spend their whole lives looking for someone who believes in their light. Maybe your book should be about a firefly."

She laughs into her hand, her mood buoyed up.
    "Maybe so...The fireflies are so amazing." She seems much lighter when she says that, like the weight on her's lifted.
    I nod, and we watch them dipping and spiraling in the darkness.
    We stay like that, pointing out favorites or semi-constellations in the bobbing spiral of stars, for a long time.

...You know, today's been pretty good.

Even if it is a little short.

Summer - 19 - XXX1

I check my mail first thing this morning.

I call it "Lovers of the Firefly Night." I was simply stuck by the beauty, and had to take a shot. Here's a...

What. the. Heck?????

Some...Someone was spying on me...
    As I made a total fool of myself!!!!
    You jerk!

She looks...So beautiful in this picture, though. Even if we're always just friends, for both our sakes...

I guess I'll always have a memento.

And maybe a cameraman to kill.

Nothing really happens of note until I see Maria at the library.
    "Hey...About last night...I had a really nice time."
    Except for all the bits that were full of feeling.
    "Ohh...Y-yes...I admit, telling you all that was so emberassing. I...I...Uhh...Um..."

Things here have gotten a little uneasy, haven't they? This is why I didn't want to like anyone like this. Ever.
    ...Much less...Karen says she likes me. Maria hasn't said it, but...I think she means it. Or maybe she's just shy because she's picking up on me.
    I don't want to hurt anyone. This is why I just stick to sex.

I spot an old lady from the funeral as I walk by, and wave at her.
    "Wait now...Who are you, huh, boy?"
    As I walk over, she grins.

"I didn't even recognize you! Well, you keep healthy, boy."
    So there are still people I haven't met yet, huh?

I come down to the beach to see Karen looking out at the ocean with a thoughtful smile.
    "Oh, hey...I was just thinking about stuff."
    "Stuff?"
    "...Well....Wine."

"Everybody becomes sunny and happy when they drink it."
    "Not everybody." I've seen some rough drunks. And I'm more of a cheerful pontificator -- the line between my quiet-ish external self and my really wordy internal self breaks down. I guess that's sunniness.

"I know things change...But there's a sort of freedom in it. I've been thinking about that."
    Seeing her talk about wine...She really does seem brighter somehow. I don't know if she realizes it...But it's something she loves.
    "I think that freedom sounds nice, when you word it like that."
    She laughs, the noise making its way up my spine like a line of feathers.
    "Yeah, so do I. It's...I feel like my path splits up ahead. And I don't know...How to live without regret just yet."
    "Is it necessary? I think everyone has some regrets."
    "...Maybe so. But...I don't want so many I can't move anymore. And...I don't want to miss out on hapiness."
    Karen says. She gestures out at the world.
    "I finally get why you're here. To live without regret. That's magical, too."
    She smiles warmly at the water, not looking at me exactly. It feels like a weight's lightened, when I'm understood that way. I'm not sure I can describe it exactly.
    ...But for all the confusion it causes, I carry that warmth and thoughtfulness with me for a while...

A man stops me on my way up, though.

"Oh, yeah...I'm just a skinny guy by nature."
    [darkslategrey]"Yeah, but all the same...Be careful, man. Don't stress yourself out."[/color]
    "...Yeah."

It's just complicated. I can't help but re-stress, and keep trying to tell myself I'm making the right call.
    Maria and Karen...They make me feel good in different ways. I like them in different ways.
    And then there's Popuri, too...I'm not sure I'd have climbed the tree if I didn't...Sort of...Like her.

Summer 19 - Summer 20
    I'm dreaming again. In my dream, a slight figure wobbles somewhere, reaching out an arm...

Under the cliff... She's barefoot, her pale feet sliding on the rocks. The ground is wet from a storm... I see her begin to slide forward, in dream slow-mo.
    She screams as her feet loose their grip. I reach out my hand and grab her, but then the world goes sick and topsy-turvy, and I'm falling too.
    She's going to die, the me in the dream things. She's going to die like Mom. The me dreaming know that's not true -- I landed terribly the other day...
    But all the same, I want to protect the girl as she's crying. I try to shield her in my arms.
    We're falling together...

We end up on a lower ledge, looking down at that man. He looks furious. I sigh with relief, wiping tears from my eyes and trying to hide them. The girl laughs and waves her prize.

She seems...Completely unafraid, now. Completely at ease. But she doesn't laugh that I was crying -- she just puts her arm around me as she waves her flower and waits for her dad to bring us down...

That girl was...

Summer - 20 - xxx1

I wake up and try to shake off the dream. Or was it a memory, like before? I don't really know for sure.
    The carpenter from last night stops me again.
    "I know what you need!"

"...I'll do my best." I admit...I feel like I kind of do. I've just been so busy with farming and girls and farming and girls.

"Sweet and sour?"
    "...Maybe?"
    What, some sort of chilli glaze, or some variation on a sweet and sour sauce? Actually, that sounds kind of nice. Sort of a tart flavor...It'd go well for a variation of sweet-and-sour chicken.
    But this is clearly not what he meant.

"Try and find them."
    He advises cheerfully.
    "...I'll try."

Wait. Did he mean those berries I've bought and gotten? They were kind of sparkly...

Anyway...
    At the flower shop, Basil's also apparently worried after me.
    "I bet it's girl trouble that's got you down, right?"
    "How'd you guess?"
    "Because like a flower, a relationship with a girl is delicate. It drives a man to woe."

"What I say is true. I've travelled the whole world looking at flowers, but the bloom most worth the trouble's in the room with me."
    This turns Lillia into giggling jelly.
    "Oh, Basil..." She snaps her fingers. "Well, we'll just have to give Fox our help, too! Popuri can be such a stubborn girl..."
    Wait. That isn't...
    Oh, boy.

I buy some grass while I'm here.

And I find Elli fishing at the beach.
    "Heya. Catching anything?"
    "I'm not even baiting the hook...When I feel lonely, sometimes, I go fishing."
    "...Why?"

"...But I never had the chance. So when I fish, I think of him."
    "...I see. It sounds like a nice way to feel connected."
    "Yeah. He was a big fan of fishing -- that's how he met Jeff and he started working at the bakery, before my father passed...I remember missing my father, and being tought to fish...So all the things and people I love end up connected."
    "Then I'll have to try fishing sometime."
    "You should,"
    she said with a soft smile.

After a while, I move on to the vineyard. There doesn't seem to be anyone there, which is...Odd. I'm heading toward the tree in the back when I spot Karen, nursing her ankle.

"Karen? You OK?"
    "No...My ankle twisted when I fell." She tries to stand up, but a jolt of pain runs through her when she puts her foot down.

"Uneven ground? Here, lean on me." Karen's the sort of girl who probably wouldn't tolerate being carried. That's the vibe I get. I doubt she'd even tolerate leaning on someone.
    "Oh, alright..."
    She tries to lean on my shoulder, but winces and collapses back down.
    "That's gotta be bad..."
    I'm a little surprised how easily she accepted that, though...
    "Y-yeah..."
    "Well, then..." I scoop her up.

Karen's lighter than I expected. I guess it's the dancing. She looks surprised that I'm picking her up...And then she blushes and scowls.

"It's embaressing..."
    "You need help so I'm giving it. What's embaressing about that?"
    "W-well...That's...It...Quit being logical about that!"
    I laugh.

"I don't want you thinking that I can't do anything without you, you know. I mean, you've helped a lot just listening..."
    "I don't think that. You're tough -- you're the one who's trying to push everyone to keep what you love alive...So of course I want to help when you need it. That's tough."
    If I think about it...Isn't that how I've lived? Anything to get away from Dad. Anything to not rely. Out here...That seems dumb. I can't help Karen help her family without someone else. It's like Elli was saying -- the things you care about are connected.

She smiles and blushes.
    "Well, maybe that's true... I guess we'll count this as pre-paying for dancing lessons, alright?"
    "Sounds good." We laugh. She sinks a little into my arms, turning my fireman's carry into an impromptu hug.
    "...You know...Sometimes it feels really safe, talking to you. It's felt that way...Maybe since we met. That's why I can't lose. I won't lose to anyone."

"H-Hey! What's that about?"
    "I bet you're the sort of guy who wants to play the field...And I guess that's just how you are. But I won't give up on you until I know for sure what I want...Is that alright?"
    ...I...
    I feel safe, too, holding her in my arms.
    "Alright. I can't control what you feel, right?"
    "Exactly!"

We head into her house. Her mom rushes over.

"Fox helped me back here."
    "Oh, let me get the first aid kit..."

We end up taking a while to get first aid together; it's twilight when I leave. The scent of her skin is lingering in the air around me...

But that's it for today.

Wooh. That was a bit of a doozy for me...Still, I'm very proud of what we've accomplished here. Go us!

Anyway, we've got some money coming in...We can either save some more for that kitchen (we're like 20-50 lumber away now!) or we can buy an additional cow. If you vote cow, I need cow names.

Edit:
    oops, forgot the Typo Report!
    Spoiler
    Show

Today's typo is a little one...But it's the entire reason I started doing these.

Because of its position in the middle of a cut-scene, I couldn't show it. I knew that right away. However... I also realized that it was so goofy and mood-ruining that I wanted to show it. And so, I created typo reports.

To show you this. 'Crean.' That's...Did they somehow do a Japanese lack of L/R distinction when there was a clear English word this was they'd translated several times in this scene? Or is this a typo that looks *exactly* like that's what happened, in an oddly specific way?
    The mind boggles.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-09-30 at 04:21 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

7. - Top - End - #247
    Firbolg in the Playground

Talk about a busy couple of days. Great update!
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyway, we've got some money coming in...We can either save some more for that kitchen (we're like 20-50 lumber away now!) or we can buy an additional cow. If you vote cow, I need cow names.
    It's... what, 36 lumber a day if you chop all the stumps? 1 in the Goddess's grove, 2 near the carpenter's hut, and 3 on the mountainside, with 6 lumber per stump, right? I'd say go for the kitchen if you're that close anyway.

If you do go for another cow, I reiterate my vote to call it Emmett.

Yay for getting Maria up to pink! Now she won't get married to anyone else unless you're already married to not-Maria. I really like how you write her, though, more than the other girls. They're well-done, too, but I think how you write Maria is just more appealing in ways I can't really define

9. - Top - End - #249
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    It's... what, 36 lumber a day if you chop all the stumps? 1 in the Goddess's grove, 2 near the carpenter's hut, and 3 on the mountainside, with 6 lumber per stump, right? I'd say go for the kitchen if you're that close anyway.

If you do go for another cow, I reiterate my vote to call it Emmett.

Yay for getting Maria up to pink! Now she won't get married to anyone else unless you're already married to not-Maria. I really like how you write her, though, more than the other girls. They're well-done, too, but I think how you write Maria is just more appealing in ways I can't really define
    Maria really has stood out the last few updates. But I think part of that may just be the focus on her. I've been finding my favorites shifting up and down over the last few updates. Right now it feels like Anne needs a little bit of focus, because I've still seen very little to make me care one way or the other about her, but all of the other girls are pretty neck in neck, with Ellie starting to fall a bit behind because we honestly haven't seen as much of her as the other 3 (though more of her than Anne).

It is a credit to Deme though that she can write all of the different girls such that whichever one she's focusing on, I find myself liking more.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I think part of it's that...
    Elli in-game has not been throwing me much in terms of dialogue. Same goes for Popuri, and to a lesser extent, Ann (that's mainly just due to her affection growths being dramatically lower, so she's in one place longer.) This makes it much harder for me to work with them, though I know I need to find *something* to do with Elli soon. Her fishing talk helped me, at least. I'm pretty confident Ann will pick up -- she actually has a good bit of variety to her. I swear if I hear how Elli wants fresh milk and eggs one more time, just ONCE MORE...
    I'm gonna smack someone.

For the rest of it, the focus has been a matter of Maria being the "first girl" -- her relationship with Fox is moving at a different pace from his much easier, lighter relationships with other girls, and his more flirty and honest (but fast on its heels) relationship with Karen. That pace is faster, but it's also about to slow down, since...We hit pink heart. We've seen all her events, save one (which I want to try and save, if I can, for later or never). We're really about done here until decision-time comes, while the other girls still have some real growing room.

Also, Maria's very easy to write romantic bits for in this little stretch. I'm starting to run into a bit of trouble with Karen, but I think that might just be in my head, and making an effort to balance the two. I dunno. Writing 5 distinct romantic options, trying to keep them neck-and-neck when they're not, due to just different personalities and paces, is...Tricky.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-09-30 at 07:42 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The updates just keep getting better and better. You've managed to make me like Karen and, well, not hate Popuri (which in and of itself is amazing). I wish you'd spend a little more time with Ann and Elli.

I vote for a kitchen. Fox's future wife (whoever it ends up being) will need somewhere to be barefoot and pregnant in. Bad joke is bad.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Victory!
    Also, I may have to start compiling a list of little "hypothetical scenes" to make up for the lack of springboards re: Popuri and Elli. Ann just wants catching up, and she'll really have all of Fall all to herself to do it. Fall is going to be all Ann, all the time, pretty much. Ann and whatever non-girls I decide to befriend first. Rivals. Kent and Stu.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-09-30 at 07:46 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

I say you get a kitchen.

Also Maria is my fav by so much that I wouldn't mind if you utterly ignored every girl but Karen from now on.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah get some house upgrades. I think you could have some fun with that.
    If God had wanted you to live he would not have created me!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Barbarian in the Playground

To show you this. 'Crean.' That's...Did they somehow do a Japanese lack of L/R distinction when there was a clear English word this was they'd translated several times in this scene? Or is this a typo that looks *exactly* like that's what happened, in an oddly specific way?
    The mind boggles.
    Well, when I was doing my Idolm@ster 2 LP(which I will eventually get back to), I actually would occasionally have this problem, just becasue I'd translate by reading the original Japanese tet in my head, in a "Japanese voice" and then writing the english equivalent as I said it to myself. Sometimes, my switch between Japanese for reading and English in writing was slower than my typing speed so I ended up transcribing my Japanese voice's accent. Translation is weird.
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. That's really interesting. That said, it feels really wierd as an isolated incident in a scene where she says 'clean' several times.

Also, you're going to get back to that? YAAAAAY!
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    Well, when I was doing my Idolm@ster 2 LP(which I will eventually get back to), I actually would occasionally have this problem, just becasue I'd translate by reading the original Japanese tet in my head, in a "Japanese voice" and then writing the english equivalent as I said it to myself. Sometimes, my switch between Japanese for reading and English in writing was slower than my typing speed so I ended up transcribing my Japanese voice's accent. Translation is weird.
    I completely understand. At home, I speak a pidgen of Polish and English with a little Spanish and tiny bit of Japanese for good measure. Sometimes my accents get stuck in the wrong language when I switch to a real language.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Also, you're going to get back to that? YAAAAAY!
    I concur.

---

Great update, as always, the others have said what I think in better ways than I'd do so I'll leave it to them. ^^
    Lets get a kitchen.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Banned

Just found this thread and love it. I used to love this game.

Get the cow. You'll make the money back in the long term.

Also keep flirting up Maria. Elli is my favourite but Maria is easily close second.

Cow names...hmmm...Well it's a girl so we'll name her... "Tomoyo"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

So it turns out this weekend's lack of motivation did not come from the forums being down like I expected, but rather from the fact that I'm in the early stages of what appears to be some sort of nasty flu-type item. There will be delays, though I'll try and get a chapter up while I can (I'll be away from my HM64 computer for most of next week). So expect that.

Also, expect more Elli. I know everyone's looking forward to that ^^
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Don't worry about delays. More Elli will totally make up for that.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

Heh...One thing I hate about getting worn-out on sickness is that I've got a scene (IE, the one I'm currently stuck on) in my head, but I end up failing to type it out...

Also, I think I'll just pre-emptively declare the next week or so (I'm away from my N64-emulating computer next week from Wednesday to Monday) to be vacation time for me, and to be...
    Character Q and A Time!

See if we can't drum up some noise and possibly funk.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-10-07 at 06:09 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #263
    Banned

Character Q and A Time!

See if we can't drum up some noise and possibly funk.
    So how exactly does this work? Do we just ask questions about stuff we want to know like this?

Question

To everyone: why do you all wear the same clothes everyday?

Or I am completely missing the point.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

For Karen:

Have you ever been to the city before?

For Maria

Are there any bugs you can't stand?

To all girls interested in Fox

Are you aware of your competition?
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-10-08 at 03:48 AM.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    So how exactly does this work? Do we just ask questions about stuff we want to know like this?

Question

To everyone: why do you all wear the same clothes everyday?

Or I am completely missing the point.
    Basically, yes...Though, ideally, not questions for everyone, since I'd have to answer them all individually. Or blanket answer them, like this.

Anyway, the answer to that is these are abstract representations of their usual outfits and styles, as opposed to a true representation of their appearances. That said, they probably don't have many changes of clothes, or widely varying outfit designs, due to schizotech hitting the clothing industry hard in rural areas.

Fox, however, is always wearing his hat, if not always like that, because it has a backstory in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    For Karen:

Have you ever been to the city before?
    We went on a trip when I was a child to visit some other vineyards, and we stopped in a city on the way. It was so big, I was actually a little frightened! But there was so much to do and so much to see...I really wore my Dad out!

For Maria

Are there any bugs you can't stand?
    "...I-I don't like silverfish. I have to work very hard to keep them from eating my books, since the library isn't very well-put together."

To all girls interested in Fox

Are you aware of your competition?
    "Yes. I won't lose!"
    "W-what? ...I mean...No."
    "...Yeah. I wouldn't exactly call them competition, though. I, well, I don't really think I can really compete."
    "Not really."
    "*blush* I-I'm not interested in Fox, alright?!"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

26. - Top - End - #266
    Banned

To fox

What's your favourite type of drink? Favorite Food?

To Elli

Did you ever consider going to medical school?
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-10-10 at 03:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Fox: Which "grown-up" do you like most and why?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

To fox

What's your favourite type of drink? Favorite Food?
    Well...I'll never say no to a good brandy, but if something's good, I'll drink it. As for a favorite food...I like tuna.

To Elli

Did you ever consider going to medical school?
    "No. Why would I consider something like that? I admit that nursing wouldn't be a bad career...But I'm not nearly good enough at studying to be a doctor, and I've really never considered more schooling...Except maybe culinary school. But I'm happy where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    Fox: Which "grown-up" do you like most and why?
    ..."grown-up"? What do you think I am, 12?
    ...If you mean, like, people's parents...I like the bartender. He's my sort of guy. I also kind of like Basil and Lillia -- I had my trepidation, but I've really grown attached. Also, I like Elli's Granny. She's a nice old lady.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

So, small status update: I come home excited to get back to work with all the things and stuff...
    And then I discover that my computer does not appear to have the file of the stuff I wrote last week.

This is me, crying in a corner.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

30. - Top - End - #270
    Banned

So, small status update: I come home excited to get back to work with all the things and stuff...
    And then I discover that my computer does not appear to have the file of the stuff I wrote last week.

This is me, crying in a corner.
    I'm so sorry to hear that. We'll wait for your lovely story!