New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

I'm not sure what triggered this response in her dad, but it can't possibly be good. However I don't possibly see how it could fail to entertain.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-05-30 at 03:33 PM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    I'm not sure what triggered this response in her dad, but it can't possibly be good. However I don't possibly see how it could fail to entertain.
    Right now it merely . . . confuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

I always find the general sentiment regarding Sven's sexual activities demonstrated by the QC crowd to be rather reprehensible. If they took issue with the dubious tactics he occasionally employed, that would be more understandable. As is they tend to just be upset that he has(had) a lot of sex. Why are they judging him for what he did with consenting adults? Most of the time we saw him having an encounter, the other party was more than willing. Don't even get me started on how everyone handled the him/faye situation...
    But um... yeah I like drama XD
    Proud dictator of the miko fan club
    If you wanna be cool and join the Miko Fan Club,
    just put Miko in your sig and make up a position!
    Ambitious lieutenant of the Miko Mafia
    nuclear physicist of the Hinjo fan club

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

Well there have been a few signs of shady behavior. Like that one girl sven tried to get marten to distract for him. Remember? The whole, "I must have tripped over my enormous wang. Damn thing is like a malicious ball python." comic? So he could also be a major player who strings girls along as well as having his mutual one night stands.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Well there have been a few signs of shady behavior. Like that one girl sven tried to get marten to distract for him. Remember? The whole, "I must have tripped over my enormous wang. Damn thing is like a malicious ball python." comic? So he could also be a major player who strings girls along as well as having his mutual one night stands.
    To quote myself:
    "If they took issue with the dubious tactics he occasionally employed, that would be more understandable. As is they tend to just be upset that he has(had) a lot of sex."
    It's just weird that a group of sexually progressive people so frequently judges the tendencies of others.
    Proud dictator of the miko fan club
    If you wanna be cool and join the Miko Fan Club,
    just put Miko in your sig and make up a position!
    Ambitious lieutenant of the Miko Mafia
    nuclear physicist of the Hinjo fan club

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Just because people are okay with sexual expression, they don't automatically agree that all forms of it are OK. Only two of the characters in the strip (Tai and Sven) have really deviated much from the generally-accepted social norm, and the other characters were just as uncomfortable with Tai's ployamory as with Sven's extreme promiscuity. It's not really out of character for them.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

One thing Jeph is very good at is having his characters be the same kind of bundles of contradictions we all are in real life. Yes, people are perfectly fine with consenting adults having sex whenever and with whoever they want. Yes, they will look down on friends who do exactly that.

There is nobody in the world each of us is better at lying to than ourselves.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jimor View Post
    One thing Jeph is very good at is having his characters be the same kind of bundles of contradictions we all are in real life. Yes, people are perfectly fine with consenting adults having sex whenever and with whoever they want. Yes, they will look down on friends who do exactly that.

There is nobody in the world each of us is better at lying to than ourselves.
    Well... I for myself can say I really differentiate between different kind of people who have many sex partners...
    I guess it is patronizing but I often feel with a few of my female friends they say they search for a steady relationship and then they go to the worst possible places and pick the worst possible guys. Which would be fine if they just want to have sex but with a relationship in mind... Maybe it's just me.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

News just in: people say things they don't really believe and trick themselves into thinking they believe it. More at 11.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2012-06-03 at 05:49 AM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

I was bored and I decided to re-read QC.
    This is my third day and I still got almost 900 pages left to go.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    News just in: people say things they don't really believe and trick themselves into thinking they believe it. More at 11.
    I believe I can fly....
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

So... nothing on the new arc... I'm a but worried about the ethnicities - if that's what you want to call it - of the new employees... a redhead, an afro-amareican and what I guess should be an Asian... Is Jeph trying to up the variety in the comic?

Also, how much did I miss out on if I never saw Adventure time?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    So... nothing on the new arc... I'm a but worried about the ethnicities - if that's what you want to call it - of the new employees... a redhead, an afro-amareican and what I guess should be an Asian... Is Jeph trying to up the variety in the comic?
    Couldn't hurt, considering the number of times there's been a 'new' character/scene filler where it's basically Faye or Dora wearing different accessories. I'd be surprised if any of these girls become regular characters or even recurring secondary characters, tho.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is it just me or does that shorter girl look like the love child of Faye and Padma?

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel Edden View Post
    Is it just me or does that shorter girl look like the love child of Faye and Padma?
    If that's true then it makes the red head the love child of Clinton and pizza girl Penelope.
    Last edited by Marnath; 2012-06-07 at 12:53 PM.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground

I always thought that the characters' grief with Sven's personal life had more to do with his attitude towards women, which then influenced how he treated them. Compare to his situation with Faye, who got through his self-protective shell & became more than just some chick he got it on with.
    Spoiler
    Show

...And I've never known any hipster anywhere ever who rashly and unfairly judged someone on quick perceptions, in the history of judgement, perceptions, and everything everywhere, ever.

And regardless of accessories, I do miss Penny-Lope.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    If that's true then it makes the red head the love child of Clinton and pizza girl Penelope.
    SMiF is now Love Child R US" :-D

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Also, how much did I miss out on if I never saw Adventure time?
    Nothing. You could insert any random "cool" cartoon of any time and place into this joke.
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Martin's eyes kind of bug me in the last panel, especially in conjunction with the little smile thing happening. It almost looks like an ogling expression, and while Martin is a professional indie girl ogler, it hardly seems the time or the place.

20. - Top - End - #50

I fail to see a "little smile thing". To me, Marten just looks like a dude who's in way over his head.

Also, what is a hazing ritual?

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    I fail to see a "little smile thing". To me, Marten just looks like a dude who's in way over his head.

Also, what is a hazing ritual?
    Well, the corners of his mouth are turned up , but it's not really a grimace.
    Also, Everything One Could Want to Know About Hazing But Were Afraid to Ask
    Last edited by Ravens_cry; 2012-06-08 at 05:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Martin's eyes kind of bug me in the last panel, especially in conjunction with the little smile thing happening. It almost looks like an ogling expression, and while Martin is a professional indie girl ogler, it hardly seems the time or the place.
    Yeah, it looks like he's oggling but the situation makes it clear that it's not the kind of blank 'omg, look at dat ass' but 'omg, I have no idea what's going on' look. Also, I don't think he's go for the redhead in the trio but that's just me guessing.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Redhead is apparently incredibly easy to frustrate. Not liking the character so far, though I have a feeling she might be the most likely to end up working at the library if only one of them can be chosen in the end. If so, she'll probably suffer a breakdown at some point, if she hasn't already several times.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

24. - Top - End - #54

Gabby is definitely a faye clone, emily has actually looked related to dora in a few frames, when the angle made her eyes look less asian at least. They all have similarities, but only gabby seems like a direct copy with a color change.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Emily has the best reason ever for working in a library.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

A new New York IC OOC

26. - Top - End - #56
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Gabby is definitely a faye clone, emily has actually looked related to dora in a few frames, when the angle made her eyes look less asian at least. They all have similarities, but only gabby seems like a direct copy with a color change.
    Actually, she looks like Dora/Padma's head on Faye's body. She even seems a bit fatter and smaller than Faye, but that might just be because she's next to the very tall Emily.

Who is my favorite of these three new characters, by way. Indeed the best reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    Emily has the best reason ever for working in a library.
    Indeed. The smell of old books tops New Car smell, even.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Can we ship Marten and one of those three?
    Spoiler
    Show

A new New York IC OOC

29. - Top - End - #59

Can we ship Marten and all of those three?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Can we ship Marten and all of those three?
    Sorry, can't help you. Too busy wondering what Momo would do If Tai is so high that she makes a move on her.
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?