New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Oh, nose functions. I remember when one of my friends came back from Math Camp with that idea.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-09 at 05:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    It's not so much the guest comics itself. I get why he uses them when he knows he can't do comics for a while.
    It's more the fact that he leaves them in the Archive, so at some point you suddenly have to flip through 10 pages of nonsense comics when you do a archive reread.
    Yes it sounds trivial but it's not just at one point in the archive, it pops up all the time.
    Agreed. Guest comics should be sorted out from the regular archive. Otherwise they can be quite a hassle.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #573

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Agreed. Guest comics should be sorted out from the regular archive. Otherwise they can be quite a hassle.
    I'd hardly term clicking the "next comic" button a couple of extra times as a hassle.

I mean, maybe on dial-up, but that doesn't even exist in your neck of the woods anymore from what I recall. And just being on the internet is a hassle on dial-up.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2012-11-10 at 12:43 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I'd hardly term clicking the "next comic" button a couple of extra times as a hassle.

I mean, maybe on dial-up, but that doesn't even exist in your neck of the woods anymore from what I recall. And just being on the internet is a hassle on dial-up.
    I think it's more a problem of breaking immersion. Especially when it's unexpected.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Barbarian in the Playground

So.... where is Dora hiding?

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

Emily looks nice with her hair like that!

Quote Originally Posted by dogmac View Post
    So.... where is Dora hiding?
    The hand on the left of the werewolf panel, presumably.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

7. - Top - End - #577
    Barbarian in the Playground

Emily is a genius if she can chop her own hair and have it looking like that.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wait, Tai is naked with an other lady?

I hope she realizes Dora has HUGE jealousy issues...?

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    Wait, Tai is naked with an other lady?

I hope she realizes Dora has HUGE jealousy issues...?
    I have been wondering the same thing... then again, maybe she got better, somehow? Or it is different with Tai? I don't think anything will happen because of that.
    "What's done is done."

10. - Top - End - #580
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dogmac View Post
    Emily is a genius if she can chop her own hair and have it looking like that.
    Even I can't get the back of my neck chopped straight, and I buzz it off with the shortest attachment! I can't imagine how she did that. O.o
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Emily strikes me as the sort of person to have a lot of practice cutting her own hair.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

12. - Top - End - #582
    Troll in the Playground

Boozetherapy, this can only end well.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    Emily strikes me as the sort of person to have a lot of practice cutting her own hair.
    She had pretty long hair, to be honest whatever practice she might have had must be a few years back, at least at this scale.

But best not to overanalyse this stuff.

14. - Top - End - #584

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    She had pretty long hair, to be honest whatever practice she might have had must be a few years back, at least at this scale.

But best not to overanalyse this stuff.
    Looked like about a year and a half to two years for a fast grower and she's a grad student as I recall, so... *shrug*
    Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, drunken group therapy.
    To quote the most annoying, small, puntable, furry creature since 'Scrappy-Doo', "What could possibly go wrong?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

16. - Top - End - #586
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    Ah, drunken group therapy.
    To quote the most annoying, small, puntable, furry creature since 'Scrappy-Doo', "What could possibly go wrong?"
    Why you gotta be hatin' on Bubsy?

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by masterjoda99 View Post
    Why you gotta be hatin' on Bubsy?
    Bubsy 3D. Need I say more?

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

Man, I love Emily and Steve. This part of the story just makes them better and better.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

The rant at the bottom:
    Steve has only had like two drinks

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Troll in the Playground

Well, that resolves whether Cosette is still employed at the CoD or not.

I like that even though Claire and Clinton really rub each other the wrong way, they've still got sibling affection. Oddly expressed.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Huh, today's last panel reminds of a talk I had last week with a female friend of mine about how I can't get myself to hug my male friends and whether that's weird or not... Maybe alcohol will solve that problem. Alcohol solves a lot of stuff.

I wonder what good was said about Claire. Or Faye
    "What's done is done."

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Poor Marten. This game just isn't working out for him at all.

EDIT: Wow. Even leaving the game, his luck still isn't improving. Also, given Faye's drunken state... I'm not sure I'd let he anywhere a lake, personally.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-11-16 at 12:58 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

23. - Top - End - #593

I'm wondering what Claire was about to answer to Marten...

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

Myself as well, although I don't think it was romantic. Claire just doesn't strike me as Martin's type.

Of course he does strike me as the type she would fall for...

25. - Top - End - #595
    Troll in the Playground

I have to admit, that's not what I expected her to say. I was expecting her to have feelings for Marten, he hasn't had anything to angst about recently after all. Although I suppose that could still happen. She might just want to get this out of the way first. Make sure he's not some sort of bigot.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ogre in the Playground

As in Transgender? Wow, didn't see that one coming.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Troll in the Playground

Whoah, did not see that coming. Also while Marten's reaction is really good I wish he had said a little bit more you know? Like, it's a pretty big (and risky) thing to come out about after all. Still, didn't expect QC to suddenly have a trans* character which is very neat. We don't really get that much representation after all.

Also ties in nicely with Transgender Awareness Week.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-11-19 at 12:36 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella View Post
    Whoah, did not see that coming. Also while Marten's reaction is really good I wish he had said a little bit more you know? Like, it's a pretty big (and risky) thing to come out about after all. Still, didn't expect QC to suddenly have a trans character which is very neat.
    In Marten's defense though, brevity suits him. The more he says the worse it comes across. Like when he tried to compliment Marigold, as a recent example.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    In Marten's defense though, brevity suits him. The more he says the worse it comes across. Like when he tried to compliment Marigold, as a recent example.
    Hm hm, it was a pretty fitting reaction coming from Marten. Like, that's a really good response to get to coming out; it was only a minor remark.
    Last edited by Astrella; 2012-11-19 at 12:41 AM.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    I have to admit, that's not what I expected her to say. I was expecting her to have feelings for Marten, he hasn't had anything to angst about recently after all.
    Honestly her dockside conversation doesn't strike me as being all that romantic. She struck me as more trying to apologize for being kind of a bit of a jerk early on.

Marten hasn't really got any interested ladies at the moment. He's just kind of doing his own thing, and I think there isn't anybody in the strip he's compatible with on an emotional level right now, so unless we get a new character he's gonna be single for the next while.

Honestly, considering how bad reveals like this have been done in the past(even just the past WEEK) in other comics, this was rather tasteful and
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    something something Jayngfet experience.