New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Didn't we just have this conversation last week or so?

Also, I'm really starting to like the look of Tan!Hannelore.
    Tannelore?

2. - Top - End - #512
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

No, Faye's scar.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    I don't know, something about the colouring makes it look rather fake.
    Well... it is fake ;)

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

It's probably the blonde hair.

But yes, I'm liking this look on her.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Woo. Marigold. Woo.

Marten... Marten really needs to talk less.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Colossus in the Playground

I can understand her reluctance, marigold has a thick lower half. Its a bit odd looking. So I shall remain focused on da boobs.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

I prefer the Hanner look, but damn, girl has curves!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    Woo. Marigold. Woo.

Marten... Marten really needs to talk less.
    WOO!

Marten should talk more.

*waves the MarMar flag*

9. - Top - End - #519

AssassinGuy

to steal a phrase from a nother comic:

best cut out that tounge and burry it in that whole you just dug yourself
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I can understand her reluctance, marigold has a thick lower half. Its a bit odd looking. So I shall remain focused on da boobs.
    Even Faye doesn't quite have hips like that. O.o
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

11. - Top - End - #521

Yeah, Marigold's very...significant below the navel. Though I think what makes it more confusing is that her hip size visibly changes from panels 4-6, like she's inflating or something.

12. - Top - End - #522

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Yeah, Marigold's very...significant below the navel. Though I think what makes it more confusing is that her hip size visibly changes from panels 4-6, like she's inflating or something.
    ate a bag of natchos on the way
    * my emphasis

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Really? I didn't notice anything... maybe it's perspective or something...?

I've been wondering for a while... what exactly is Marten's type? I mean, not saying a man has to have a specific type of woman, I myself don't have one but I assume many men have... yet apparently he doesn't have trouble with either really skinny girls like Dora or very curvy ones like Marigold or Faye.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

14. - Top - End - #524

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

I've been wondering for a while... what exactly is Marten's type? I mean, not saying a man has to have a specific type of woman, I myself don't have one but I assume many men have... yet apparently he doesn't have trouble with either really skinny girls like Dora or very curvy ones like Marigold or Faye.
    Assertive women. I.e., every woman on planet Earth. It's relative.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

She's cringing and hunching the more Marten speaks. That changes her height and form proportions.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't think Marigold is his type, I think he was just trying to be nice. He's more than capable of putting his foot in his mouth towards girls he's not attracted to.

Personally my money's on Emily for his next relationship.

17. - Top - End - #527

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityGrace* View Post
    He's more than capable of putting his foot in his mouth towards girls he's not attracted to.
    fixed that for you
    * my emphasis

18. - Top - End - #528

AssassinGuy

oh, snap
    J.Jacques been seriously been bit by the Beast of Bourbon

hope he'll get better soon
    * my emphasis

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

A therapist sounds good for that, yeah. Whatever it was that made him do it.

20. - Top - End - #530

I guess Faye was more autobiographical than we realized...

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    A therapist sounds good for that, yeah. Whatever it was that made him do it.
    I think it was a comment about how he was sustaining untenable body image in women or something.

I'll include it in spoilers.

Spoiler
    Show

Congrats on finally have a fat girl in your comic, you depicted her SOOO well! I understand that not ever girl is rail thin like Dora and curvy like Faye so its nice to see a REAL woman like Marigold in your comic. I have to give you props for having the courage to tackle such a sensitive issue too. I mean she did have any rolls, or stretch marks or even a muffin top, and I think that’s great. Ya, put her in a bikini, break down those walls. Your a regular Gobachev my friend. Lets just say keep up the good work, next you can depict the “fatty” Marigold having a “fat issue” and being told its okay to be fat and its whats inside that matters. You can even end it with a butt joke like you always do.

Inconclusion, the above paragraph was sarcastically written. Try not to insult women anymore Jeph, I know its not what you intended but that doesn’t meant its not what you did.
    ~Kearsley

Considering that he's a former alcoholic who is now giving up smoking, he is lacking in means of coping. So...yeah, he kind of went crazy.
    Last edited by Shadow of the Sun; 2012-11-01 at 07:55 AM.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

...A scene about a character being insecure about her weight turns into insulting women?

Wut.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I don't get it either.
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hope he feels better soon; sounds like he's going through a pretty rough patch.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought the whole point was that Marigold wasn't fat, but thought she was.

Bah, damned internet and it's scathing criticism of ****ing everything...

You see a lot of this sort of thing with creative people online, they pay too much attention to the few negative comments.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2012-11-01 at 08:47 AM.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry but why the **** does Jeph give a **** if someone makes a stupid comment on his comic?
    Why are artists so sensitive about their work most of the time? Don't they know they will never be able to please everyone and the internet is full of trolls? Poor Jeph, hope he'll be better soon.
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

I dunno if you've ever followed Jeph or know much about him, he has pretty bad OCD and I wouldn't be surprised if he had depression as well.

The man's kind of screwed up.
    if it kills me
    if it kills me

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

When you criticise an artist's work, the artist takes it personally because he pours himself into it. And that wasn't a critifism of the art, it was a misguided complaint about the artist himself. Like when someone misread a Goblins comic, assumed it was a rape joke (which it wasn't and even if it was, it was spoken by a demon) and called Thunt and all of the Goblins fans rape sympathizers. It’s the kind of idiocy that leads one to drinking. Hell, I needed a drink after reading that.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

No, I don't follow Jeph's personal life, sorry. I have way too much stuff in my life to follow every web comic artists personal life. That and what I said earlier is not meant in any way as an attack towards Jeph but if someone puts his art out in the world for everyone to see, on the ****ing internet, they have to expect people will come around talking bs about it. Has it never happened before to Jeph? I really don't mean any harm but if some troll can get you so worked up you really shouldn't put anything you feel so deeply for on the internet for every idiot to comment on...
    I like his work. But if making it means he's going to hurt himself than I'd rather have him not make comics than ... whatever the alternative.
    "What's done is done."

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No, I don't follow Jeph's personal life, sorry. I have way too much stuff in my life to follow every web comic artists personal life. That and what I said earlier is not meant in any way as an attack towards Jeph but if someone puts his art out in the world for everyone to see, on the ****ing internet, they have to expect people will come around talking bs about it. Has it never happened before to Jeph? I really don't mean any harm but if some troll can get you so worked up you really shouldn't put anything you feel so deeply for on the internet for every idiot to comment on...
    I like his work. But if making it means he's going to hurt himself than I'd rather have him not make comics than ... whatever the alternative.

It wasn’t that they criticized his art, or characters, or storytelling abilities. They attacked him for sending a message, or failing to.
    He draws a comic, the point of which was basically Marigold is shy, Marten puts his foot in his mouth. Pretty standard QC character humor.
    Somebody apparently went into it expecting some big statement about body image, and when they don’t get it, they call Jeph a horrible person, saying he insulted women by making Marigold look good in a bikini. Somehow they concluded that she was supposed to be the “Fat” character (She’s never been described as such. She’s been depicted as shy, antisocial, unhygienic, and maybe even unattractive (mostly as a result of the aforementioned poor hygiene, which has since been cleaned up).
    Apparently Jeph was also going through some emotional stuff already, and somebody coming out of the blue and saying he had insulted all women didn’t help, but from reading his twitter, it seems like it was more or less a coincidence that this happened when it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]