New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Can we ship Marten and all of those three?
    I think the book sniffer has potential for a pairing with marten, red is just too dang high strung and serious, she wont last long. And gabby would create all sorts of odd variations of complexes since I bet faye and dora would be very quick to notice the similarities between her and faye, his original love interest. Or whatever the term would be for falling in love with someone who looks an awful lot like someone else you have/had feelings for.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #62

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I think the book sniffer has potential for a pairing with marten, red is just too dang high strung and serious, she wont last long. And gabby would create all sorts of odd variations of complexes since I bet faye and dora would be very quick to notice the similarities between her and faye, his original love interest. Or whatever the term would be for falling in love with someone who looks an awful lot like someone else you have/had feelings for.
    Wasn't there a fan comic regarding that very thing, leading to Dora bleaching her hair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marnath View Post
    Sorry, can't help you. Too busy wondering what Momo would do If Tai is so high that she makes a move on her.
    Electric shock?
    I ship Momo and Hanners. One is a mysophobe and the other can literally sterilize herself.
    It would make every kind of sense if Hanners weren't nominally heterosexual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calanon View Post
    Raven_Cry's comments often have the effects of a +5 Tome of Understanding

4. - Top - End - #64
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Wasn't there a fan comic regarding that very thing, leading to Dora bleaching her hair?
    Why would Dora bleach her hiair? All she needs to do is stop dying it.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

I am totally expecting Claire to be Clinton's sister.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

6. - Top - End - #66
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow of the Sun View Post
    I am totally expecting Claire to be Clinton's sister.
    That's who she reminded me of! Emily felt like the most 'new' character design - Gabby was, as mentioned, a Faye recolor with some different facial features, but I couldn't figure out who Claire looked like.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

It sounds like claire's ideal library is one without any patrons. She may be sadly disappointed. A quiet library is a closed library.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

Claire looks and acts a lot like Clinton. Did Jeph have bad expirences with overenthusiastic red heads?

I'm actually really liking Emily. Gives me hope that Marten's work will be more than just him, Tai and Momo hanging out. Those 4 as work buddies seem like a pretty good social group actually. (Shipping Claire with Sven for the Lulz btw.)

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Shipping Marten and Emily for realz now. Also this comic was neat.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Other than her looking like a recolour, how can we really conclude she's basically "Black Faye" so to say? She seems much more easygoing and more withdrawn and collected than Faye. Plus, if Jeph were drawing in a very realistic style, I'd bet them to look very different too, and considering QC isn't a 4th-wall-breaking comic, the characters look at each other as if they were as real-looking as we to each other. Well, as real as we'd be looking to each other were we to meet face-to-face, hypothetically.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

I am pleased to see Faye gives the customers what they want. Sometimes.

12. - Top - End - #72

NecromancerGuy

I'm partial to the red head myself. But I have a weakness for girls who wear glasses. Sure, she's a bit high strung . . . But that's why she's the best shipping candidate. Marten could give her all kinds of "stress relief".

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by eee View Post
    I am pleased to see Faye gives the customers what they want. Sometimes.
    Only if what customers want is things getting smashed up with hammers.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

14. - Top - End - #74

I like this new girl ^_^

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I like this new girl ^_^
    Which one?
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Yup, she's definitely from CompSci.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Pony Mind Control!!!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Now I'm curious what is in the black bin... and I know I probably shouldn't be.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, I like this! Marten knows more about the practical side of running a library than would appear.

Not quite sure what to make of the look between Emily and Claire in panel 4...

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

I liked the dodgeball ending yesterday. I think Marten's life might be heading in a good direction, at least job-wise. Wonder how the misses applicants will unfold later on.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Must not think about purple elephant boners, must not think about purple elephant boners, must not... dammit.

So, will we get shipping with the new interns? And who will be shipped? And is it unethical to to sleep with them?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

It's only unethical if no books are involved. I recommend something by Kant for this.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Pretty much everything Tai does is unethical.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    It's only unethical if no books are involved. I recommend something by Kant for this.
    Kant? How do you use Kant... Okay, know what? Forgot I asked.

Aw man, Jeph totally got us... It's not like Marten tried to date a girl from the bakery he went to... or get laid when he went to space...

25. - Top - End - #85

Being fair with him, he was not in a position of authority over these girls.

Also, I'm quite disturbed that Tai is going to write slashfic with Marteen and the interns, considering that he is the only guy on it, at least in theory...
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Kant? How do you use Kant... Okay, know what? Forgot I asked.
    I kant think of a way either.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
    Also, I'm quite disturbed that Tai is going to write slashfic with Marteen and the interns, considering that he is the only guy on it, at least in theory...
    What do you mean "is going to"?

And clearly Marten will hook up with a curvy Asian redhead.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

Well, I kind of get Martin's point. On the other hand:

(Me three and a half years ago, upon spotting a cute but younger girl working in a junior position in my office): She's cute, but I'm not going to chase after her- that would look creepy, hitting on a girl who just started here.

(Same girl three and a half years later): ...and I still can't believe I had to chase you! That's really insulting!
    Last edited by Somebloke; 2012-06-26 at 11:59 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    I like this new girl ^_^
    Personally, I don't particularly like any of them. That doesn't necessaritly mean that I dislike them, either. Actually, the redhead I do dislike quite a bit. The other two are just "meh" IMO.

30. - Top - End - #90

Well they are still pretty new characters, so they are mostly ciphers atm. Give them time, if they show up for longer, or start to split off so jeph can concentrate on one girl at a time instead of trying to develop three at once, maybe we can start getting attached.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."