New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1494
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Quote Originally Posted by SgtCarnage92 View Post
    I thought puggles referred to baby echidnas...or maybe they are just the babies of monotremes in general...
    I thought he meant puggles as in Pug + Beagle hybrid. As in twenty puppies. They are adorable little dogs.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Quote Originally Posted by SgtCarnage92 View Post
    I thought puggles referred to baby echidnas...
    It does. That it refers to baby platypuses is apparently a misconception, from what I've found. More recently, it's begun to refer to beagle-pug hybrids.

I'm still not sure why people are so eager to dilute the breed of such a good one.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I don't understand the puggle either. Both breeds are perfectly adorable on their own, there's no way combining the two very different looking dogs can lead to a- *googles* Okay, they're kind of cute. But a quick wikipedia search suggests you're not really getting a much healthier dog, which I feel should be the goal right now for breeders.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Why would someone want a dog that snorts AND shakes all the time?
    Because you can't have a steam locomotive as a pet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Maybe it's just me, but did anyone else feel like Faye wasn't talking about the Feline type of Cougar there?
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but did anyone else feel like Faye wasn't talking about the Feline type of Cougar there?
    What other kinds of cougars are there? ::innocent stare::
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jimor View Post
    What other kinds of cougars are there? ::innocent stare::
    There's a "your mom" joke in there, but I shall refrain from such a childish remark.

Betcha he's gonna go with Claire.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    *cough*itsFaye*cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe it's just me but hasn't Faye been the local Marten/Hanners shipper before?
    Then again, I really don't get the need to take someone with you to a wedding even if you're not a couple... But I can't recall the last time I went to a wedding either. Is it really for protection against cougars?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Maybe it's just me but hasn't Faye been the local Marten/Hanners shipper before?
    Then again, I really don't get the need to take someone with you to a wedding even if you're not a couple... But I can't recall the last time I went to a wedding either. Is it really for protection against cougars?
    Yeah, mountain lion attacks are a huge problem in California. :completely innocent:

11. - Top - End - #1031

You know, hanners reaction was actually pretty reasonable really. Those metal tubes of constantly recycled air are nothing but disease spreading monstrosities. But yeah, who will marten bring? If he gets steve to come along, we may get a few weeks of "whacky misunderstandings" at the wedding from people thinking they are a couple. If he brings emily, god only knows what sort of odd reactions she will have. Plus, spending time hanging out or not, they are kind of new friends, and inviting her on a weekend trip to florida might seem a bit unusual. He could always invite Tai, but then noone but the interns and momo would be watching the library.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Firbolg in the Playground

I feel this is too obvious a set-up for one of the interns.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Yeah, I'm betting claire. The guy turned girl is going to go to a gay wedding.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

14. - Top - End - #1034

Why not the girl we haven't seen much of yet?

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othniel Edden View Post
    Why not the girl we haven't seen much of yet?
    Because she is insufficiently funny.
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2013-01-30 at 07:21 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IthilanorStPete View Post
    Yeah, mountain lion attacks are a huge problem in California. :completely innocent:
    They're in Massachusetts, as we are reminded by the new comic.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

You know, hanners reaction was actually pretty reasonable really. Those metal tubes of constantly recycled air are nothing but disease spreading monstrosities. But yeah, who will marten bring? If he gets steve to come along, we may get a few weeks of "whacky misunderstandings" at the wedding from people thinking they are a couple. If he brings emily, god only knows what sort of odd reactions she will have. Plus, spending time hanging out or not, they are kind of new friends, and inviting her on a weekend trip to florida might seem a bit unusual. He could always invite Tai, but then noone but the interns and momo would be watching the library.
    We should start a poll and then harass Jeph to accept our opinion (We're on the internet after all)

But, it seems, Hanners still has a chance to go, for better or worse.
    "What's done is done."

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

Is.... is this what New Englanders are LIKE? Dear god, they don't have scaled maps out there. And why is MARTEN the one who doesn't get distance? He's from California,that place is bigger than New England and people don't fly from one end to the other.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

19. - Top - End - #1039

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Is.... is this what New Englanders are LIKE? Dear god, they don't have scaled maps out there. And why is MARTEN the one who doesn't get distance? He's from California,that place is bigger than New England and people don't fly from one end to the other.
    "Gee... its in another state. Must take forever to get there"

20. - Top - End - #1040

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    "Gee... its in another state. Must take forever to get there"
    Basically this. Most of us dont drive to other states all the time, so its like a psychological effect. It just seems like it SHOULD be farther away because its in another state.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

21. - Top - End - #1041

Basically this. Most of us dont drive to other states all the time, so its like a psychological effect. It just seems like it SHOULD be farther away because its in another state.
    Hell, Californian sometime takes the plane to go to cities within their own state. LA/San Francisco are busy airlanes

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

New Englanders like to pretend they're another country, including the troubles involved in crossing the border.

Hell, Californian sometime takes the plane to go to cities within their own state. LA/San Francisco are busy airlanes
    That's because California is freaking huge. I fly home for vacation/breaks over 3-4 states for the same straight-line distance as a trip between LA and SF.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2013-01-31 at 09:46 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1043

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    That's because California is freaking huge.
    My point...

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    My point...
    My point was for Californians, it's not psychological.

25. - Top - End - #1045

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    My point was for Californians, it's not psychological.
    If they keep the same mentality after they moved out of California, I certainly think it is

26. - Top - End - #1046

I live in SLC and its 10 hours to LA, and most of us make that drive no issues. I mean you likely make a weekend of it, but still its nothing major.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

What I'm wondering is why his dad didn't realize. I could see Marten thinking "Man, it's in another STATE, I need plane tickets!" (Especially since Marten does not drive a lot, so anything outside his town probably seems like a big deal). It's another thing to sit there with your credit card in hand and think "Yes, this is something I need to spend money on."
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

Gee, it sure is nice to live in a country that's less than 550 miles from the northern most point to the southern most... And hardly anyone lives at the actual ends. Then again, we pay like three times as much for gas as you do. So I guess it's just fair
    (Still, I don't make weekend trips to go home which is just 340 miles one way.)
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #1049

Uh, small problem: Dora (and Jeph) is actually underestimating the distance this time, rather then the usual overestimating. Getting from Arlington (where I live, near the New York/Massachusetts/Vermont border) to, say, Burlington (northern-ish part of the state, probably similar lat/longitude where Marten is going) is 2 1/2-3 hour drive. Getting from middle Massachusetts to northern Vermont is going to be way longer than 90 minutes.
    Last edited by Blackdrop; 2013-01-31 at 10:59 AM.
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_Shadowblade View Post
    Uh, small problem: Dora (and Jeph) is actually underestimating the distance this time, rather then the usual overestimating. Getting from Arlington (where I live, near the New York/Massachusetts/Vermont border) to, say, Burlington (northern-ish part of the state, probably similar lat/longitude where Marten is going) is 2 1/2-3 hour drive. Getting from middle Massachusetts to northern Vermont is going to be way longer than 90 minutes.
    That's still a short enough drive that buying a plane ticket is unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]