New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

A deity has come to the Nexus, and has claimed a large stretch of land to be her own. To the south is a large salt water sea, home to different fish and other creatures. Just to the north, open hills, a forest, and the beginnings of plains. Northwest of there? Mountains, plateaus, with many cave systems trailing beneath the surface. And on the far side, in the rain shadow of the mountains, a desert stretches as far as the eye can see.

Perfect.

The natural creatures here have already learned some of what this goddess is doing. Hunters that have died have come back to life, and they are rewarded for killing larger game with improvements to their selves. A hunter in the area received a new bow for managing to kill a wyvern. The goddess favors the strong, and rewards them with more strength

A call is sent out to all the warriors and hunters of the Nexus. If they wish to participate in this glorious never ending hunt, they shall be allowed to stay as long as they choose. If not, they may remain in their homes. It is of no concern to the goddess.

The Hunt has begun.

Spoiler
    Show

Rules and Notes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, here's the skinny, partly stolen shamelessly from other threads.

1. This is an open thread. Anybody can stumble across the hunting grounds if you want them to, but keep in mind that anybody here is fair game to be attacked by the other players, including with their monsters.

2. Anybody can introduce a new monster without consulting me first. If you want a lightning unicorn? Go for it. Just remember that anything made here has to have a way to be killed. That isn't to say it can't be extremely difficult, but it should be capable of dying.

3. This is a high lethality thread. Fights will happen here constantly, so don't complain if you get eaten by some terrible monstrosity. However, this leads us into the next point...

4. If you character (or monster) proves themselves, they will be resurrected a few days later in a relatively safe location. To prove yourself, you need to show the goddess that you are a hunter. Creatures of humanoid intelligence will find their minds degrading slightly every time this happens, though this is eliminated if you prove yourself once more. Weaklings however? Die without the goddess resurrecting them. They can be raised by other means, but the goddess will not support a weakling.

5. Every time a character or beast makes an impressive kill, they are rewarded in some way. Perhaps a swordsman is given a sword made from the bones of the dragon he just killed, or a wolf that kills a bear is given saber teeth to hunt larger prey. The rewards are always personalized, and I'll work with you to decide what they'll receive.

6. Moon_called and I are effectively Co-GMing this thread. If you have won a fight and haven't gotten a reward yet, send a message to one of us and We'll pick up the slack. Same goes if you've been wanting to fight someone but nobody is taking the bait.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-12 at 04:12 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] The Hunting Grounds

In Front Of A Large Cave

A pair of brothers stand in front of the cave. They heard The Call to the Hunters and came to test themselves. Not to the Goddess or even their own Spirits, but to themselves and each other. The first of the two, Pathfinder, is a tall tan furred Wolfen with red lines dyed into his fur. His mane is long and braided, filled with colored glass beads and feathers. He carries a bone and wooden spear in his right paw, and other than the flint daggers in his belt, wears nothing else.

His brother appears similar to him, but Waterstrider looks more akin to a gold-furred Husky than wolf. The Welfen is taller than his brother, and even though he is slimmer, is still physically more powerful than his twin. He wields only a pair of stone hatchets, balanced for throwing, aside from his claws, fangs, and a knife.

They're quite, speaking to each other through scents and body language. Spying a rocky outcropping above the cave, Pathfinder begins to climb to it. Waterstrider gives him a good start before starting to sneak into the cave, his eyes, ears, and nose open to any sound, sight, and scent that can be found.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

[In Front of a Large Cave]

That's all that's in the cave, from what the wolfen brothers can see - a pair of odd looking deer.

But their powerful noses should catch a scent on the wind. A very faint aroma of another creature, predatory in nature, somewhere close by. Whatever it is, it's hiding itself well enough to get relatively close, but not close enough to pounce without alerting them.

The creature watches the Wolfen from its place in the undergrowth nearby, calmly, quietly, waiting for a moment to strike. It needs to be prepared - did they detect it? Will they, before it strikes? It does its best to keep itself hidden for now, but a keep eye may spot a pair of yellow eyes staring from the underbrush behind the wolfen.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen at Cave

Perched above the cave opening, Pathfinder is the first to catch a whiff of the creature. He doesn't look towards the direction the scent is coming from, but cups his paws over his mouth before giving out the sound of an exotic bird, warning his brother within the cave before turning his eyes to look around. He doesn't turn his head as to not give away that he knows that something is out there. As he does so, his spirit reaches out just slightly to try and sense those around him.

The three short trills warn Waterstrider that something is coming, and after seeing the prey-animals, he moves back against the wall of the cave before trying to sneak his way back to the entrance, prepared for anything.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen at a Cave]

As Pathfinder sends his spirit out, he'll sense the large thing in the bushes, looking straight at him. There's not much else around except for a few birds in the trees, his brother, and the deer-things.

There's an intuitive sense that the creature knows it's been spotted though, an awareness of what's around it that goes beyond normal. It knows it's been spotted, and that it has to strike now if it wants to make a kill. Pathfinder will have but half a moment before the large thing pounces, crashing into the rocks where Pathfinder was likely standing seconds before.

Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-09 at 10:02 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Edge of Desert]

A figure on a horse approaches. Something seems off about them, though. There's just something about them that doesn't seem normal. Can't quite tell what it is, though.

Eventually, the woman pulls the reins to stop the horse. She looks around the area, taking everything in.

Now where did those two go? I swear, this is the third job in the past month they've gone and gotten lost on. Idiots. She shakes her head a little, then adjusts her tan cowboy hat a little. She flicks the reins a little, and the horse continues forward, though at a slower pace.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Out in the open

Grantz is jumping side to side dodging the monstrous impaling claws. His summoned demons: Chimera, Cerberus and Dionysus, are throwing artillery Agi spells at the Shen Gaoren.

((So who controls Shen Gaoren?))
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-05-09 at 10:48 PM.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen at the Cave

Snapping back to his body fully, Pathfinder gives a short howl to announce to Waterstrider that they've been found right before he leaps straight upwards to get himself out of the way. He anticipates a tail strike when he's midair, so spins his spear so the point is downward, jagged side up, so if one should occur, he need only lift his spear a fraction of an inch to be able to slice through any flesh it meets.

Waterstrider, hearing the howl, doesn't bother with stealth any more and sprints out of the cave opening, unaware that the fight is literally right above him.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

Somewhere on the edge of the forest, a beautiful gold-haired fae, with solid black eyes, wearing a quiver made from some sort of leather - those familiar with... exotic... materials might recognize it as the tanned skin of a human - on her right hip, filled with arrows of various sorts, carrying an expertly made bow in her left hand, slips quietly through the woods, seeking for some sort of quarry that will prove a challenge for her.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

((You're controlling it, Seph. The Shen Gaoren is a monster you introduced, thus you control it.))

[Wolfen at the Cave]

That was a good call on Pathfinder's part, as his spear digs deep into the beast's flesh. The wolfen will also not that that would have been really bad to get hit by - the scales on the tail are sticking out ridges up wards, and it might have even killed the wolfen had he not acted so quickly.

As it stands, the beast howls in pain and whips its tail around in the other direction, instead springing forward to attempt to catch Pathfinder in its claws once more. If that happens, it'll bite at him, attempting to tear something vital out. Waterstrider may have the opportunity to help though.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen At The Cave

Right after the tail is cut open, Pathfinder shoves his feet behind him while still in midair, catching the back of the outcropping and pushes himself over the creature, spinning in the air and falling towards his brother on the ground. As he does so, he lets out a small yip to alert Waterstrider. In the twisting motion, Pathfinder hurls his spear towards the creature's arm/wing.

On the ground, Waterstrider spins, and if the previous is able to happen, catches his brother with a grunt, spinning to help absorb his weight before letting him go on the ground.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen at the Cave]

The spear will, through luck on the creature's part, collide with it's armored shoulder, causing the spear to bounce off with merely a chip in on of its scales.

The big black monster isn't capable of stopping the brothers from performing their maneuver, and they will be out of it's reach for the moment. They'll have a moment as it spins to look at them, but then it'll charge forward once more... but before it comes close, it'll spin around, and it's tail will whip towards them, shooting jagged spikes in an arc
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-09 at 11:57 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen At The Cave

Pathfinder draws his brother's spare hatchet from Waterstrider's belt during the spin, and they charge together. When the creature spins and launches the barbs, Waterstrider steps in front of his brother, shielding him with his body. A pair of barbs dig into his chest, but he only gives a growl of annoyance as his blood boils. He'd feel the pain later, but for now, all that mattered was that he would taste the creature's blood on his fangs. He and Pathfinder continue on their path, and they strike quickly.

Waterstrider will be the first to do so, hurling his well-balanced hatchet at the base of the creature's tail, intending to destroy the spine at that point. Pathfinder, a moment behind, throws his at the animal's face. That throw isn't too good, but it's meant to be a distraction. As soon as the weapon is thrown, the shaman draws one of his daggers from his belt and leaps, trying to land on the animal's back to try and dig the weapon in.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen at the Cave]

The black beast will shift its head out of the way of the axe that Pathfinder threw, the distraction working. Waterstrider's axe will strike close to its intended destination, but slightly off center due to movement, and will impact with the muscles of the tail, chopping right through the creature's scales.

and then Pathfinder lands on its back, and it goes into complete and utter panic. it's back is it's one blind spot, and it won't tolerate something being up there.

With a roar of pain and anger, it begins thrashing wildly. the tail is limp, but it still carries weight as the creature's flailing moves it around - Waterstrider may want to get himself clear before the random movements cause his doom. For now, Pathfinder will find himself dealing with bucking and spinning.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest-Helicopter Wreck]

A short, wiry man in a long brown coat, jeans, and body armor emerges from the wreckage of a burning helicopter. He looks around in confusion.

"Well, I sure don't remember this being where I went down. Guess I got knocked on the head harder than I thought."

He winces and rubs his cranium.

"Could've been the hangover too, though. In retrospect, not a great call."

Jaren takes stock of his surroundings and the burning helicopter wreckage, and comes to the conclusion that he might as well move on in hope of finding some shelter, water, or better yet, civilization.

Jaren pulls some equipment out of the helicopter and sets off into the forest.

((We'll assume that he's on a collision course for the giant crab fight, eventually, though I won't be able to get there tonight. If you want to throw something at me in the interim that's OK too.))
    Last edited by LordVader; 2012-05-10 at 12:47 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Halfling in the Playground

Out in the Open

Depending on just how open this area is, Grantz may receive help from a distance. Having taken cover, or the best cover he can manage given the situation, a slim, wiry fey stalks the Shen Gaoren. He wears only some camouflage fatigues, a pair of hiking boots, and gratuitous amounts of green-brown facepaint.

In his hand, a large, ornate wooden bow is held. It's strung with a long white thread, impossibly thin and gleaming in the sun. Without a word to the other combatant, Adir advances slightly and draws a single arrow from his simple quiver. The feathered ammunition is lovingly crafted and the obsidian tip is honed to a razor's edge, so that it might pierce as deeply as possible.

Aiming with the skill of a well-practiced hunter, the stag notches this to his bow and fires in almost the same instant. Should it fly true, the arrow will pierce deep into the beast's eye, rendering it half blind and perhaps even causing brain damage.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-05-10 at 12:46 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Wolfen At The Cave

Waterstrider will avoid the tail by attempting to leap onto the back as well and trying to use his claws to get some purchase on the scales. If he's able to do so, he'll dig them in and draw his knife before attempting to stab into the creature's hips in an attempt to destroy it's motor function.

Meanwhile, Pathfinder will dig his own claws in and even try to bite down on the animal's neck, trying to punch his fangs into it to get more grip as he tries to plunge his dagger into the nape of it's neck, trying to sever arteries, veins, and throat. For any other brothers, the creature's movements might have thrown them off, but these two are more than experienced hunters of their tribe, and have constantly taken down larger and tougher beasts such as monstrous boars and bears.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wolfen at the Cave]

Once the creature realizes what the Wolfen brothers are trying to do, it does something a bit more drastic, and tosses itself at the cliff wall, back first. this will happen immediately after Waterstrider lands, so they will likely not have the chance to enact their attacks before having to save themselves from being crushed.

19. - Top - End - #19

[At the entrance or near the mountain?]

Tovpir, a giant scorpion with stone skin enters the hunting grounds as well. Assuming he has enough free time to follow a 'hobby'.^^

Tovpir might be seen as one of the creatures belonging to the ground, by accident. He heads for the edges of the mountain, since it felt like home.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #20

List of Characters

Wolfbane:
    Waterstrider and Pathfinder -> Plains
    KerfuffleMach2:
    Enola -> Desert
    SerphIvanXin123:
    Gantz -> Mountain Path
    Red -> Plains
    LordVader:
    Jaren -> Forest
    Murkus:
    Adir -> Mountain Path
    Zefir
    Tovpir -> Mountains
    Moon_Called:
    Mercutio -> Hills
    Eadin
    Cathrine -> Forest Needs interaction!
    Slii Arhem:
    Jakob & Slivers -> Currently off-screen
    Earl of Purple:
    ??? -> Forest
    Singingnoodle:
    Thenadier -> Forest
    Rebonack:
    Diinuldrum the Dragon -> Desert
    Yellow -> Forest
    Orb of Blood:
    Ruber -> Desert
    ThirdEmperor:
    Triplets -> Desert
    Mouse Mafia -> ???
    Shadowcaller:
    Michicora -> Forest
    LordMagtok:
    What Pumpkin -> Glaciers
    Morty:
    Wendy -> Swamp
    Jacklu:
    Rosy -> Plains
    DarkComet:
    DC -> Caves
    ThePhantom:
    Gordon -> Hills
    General Shrimp
    ??? -> Hills
    Bookboy
    Jit -> Lake Needs interaction!

Important, please read: This is a list of characters that are currently in the Hunting Grounds. When a character leaves or is killed and not resurrected, he or she will be removed. I will be trying to update this at least once every two days, but it's quite likely that I'll miss something or changes will happen after I update it. If there's any glaring error, let me know. Also if you're having a hard time getting someone to RP with, let me know and I'll flag your character for Interaction Needed. However, try adding that to your location tag before asking me, since it might take me a while to get to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Forest

Jaren tromps through the forest, trying to find some sort of settlement. The forest is calm and pleasant enough. Sunlight filters down through the interwoven canopy, casting spots of light on the moss and shrubs below. In the distance, he can hear some sort of bird-song, but it's doubtful he'll be able to recognize the species.

Suddenly, the serene atmosphere is interrupted as a flock of shrieking, white birds bursts out of the trees ahead of him and take to the sky. Jaren can hear the very ground shaking under his feet. The vibration extends to the trees ahead of him, which being to quiver in time with the rhythmic stomping from ahead.

Near the Beach

There is a man walking along the sandy shore of the beach. He's quite tall, and has a youthful quality to him. He looks to be an adult, but only just. From his shoulders hangs a heavy, ornate red coat, with silver embroidery worked along the collar, the hems, halfway up his sleeves, and the bottom where it hangs by his calves. Below the coat he wears a simple black shirt, and breaches that are tucked into calf-high brown boots. His skin, dark blue, is made up of tiny, hard scales. Hanging out from the slits of his coat is a long, thin tail that ends in a sharp, black spade. His black hair is straight and shoulder-length, pulled back at the nape of his neck by a jade pin.

In his hands, carefully manicured, is a large and leather-bound tome. The pages that he rifles through are mostly blank, but there's one that's covered in a cursive script. A chain runs through the spine of the book, where it is attached to his belt and hangs under his coat when he isn't actively reading from it. Also hanging from the chain is a single fountain pen made of some sort of black metal.

Well, Mercutio, he muses to himself, this should be an interesting little research trip you've gotten yourself into.
    The devil had heard tell of this strange new plane a few months ago, and had put quite a bit of effort in getting here. The strange creatures and the unusual Goddess that ruled it were something that needed to be studied. And, he hoped, learned from.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2012-05-19 at 05:40 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

The open area is a crevice with many sniping areas up above with battlements on the sides as well where one could hitch a ride on the Shen Gaoren if one dared.

The arrow is blocked by the rampage of the claws.

Grantz notices the arrow that flew.

Archer! Wherever you are! You won't be able to hit its face until you bring it down! You need to hurt all its four legs to bring it down.

Grantz continues to dodge the onslaught of claws while his demons attacked the back left leg.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

22. - Top - End - #22
    Halfling in the Playground

Open Area

Adir kneels, drawing another arrow seamlessly, identifying the type by the feathers on it's end. He notches the missile and lets it fly, this time aiming for the joints on the creature's right rear leg. His arrow is an especially sharp one - the barbed tip is made of a rare metal. This magical black-iron is quite capable of piercing the most leathery flesh and the hardest chitin.

The stag watches it fly a moment, then moves on, making his way down the jagged cliff face and closer to the monstrous crustacean. He moves like a mountain goat, leaping from one ledge to the next with care and grace.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

The arrow pierces the leg but one shot was not going to cut it. three to four more may do the trick.

Grantz attacks the back left leg that was weakened by fire with a lunge. The lunge cracks the shell of the leg. Three more to go.

Frenzied by the pain Shen Gaoren Stomps with its three remaining good legs. Grantz stumbles and falls on his face, Dionysus is unharmed due to float, Cerberus gets crushed underneath a leg. Chimera manages to steady itself.

The claws also go wild and may hit anyone up high who gets stumbled by the stomping legs.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Somewhere near the entrance of the Hunting Grounds]

A young woman has found her way to the grounds, it seems.
    The call to hunt has been too much, and Catherine has decided to heed it.

Instead of her usual clothing, she wears some sort of leather armour.
    A hunting knife could be found at her hip, her red hair tied back in loose braids. Blue eyes check the surrounding area.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post

Near the Beach

There is a man walking along the sandy shore of the beach. He's quite tall, and has a youthful quality to him. He looks to be an adult, but only just. From his shoulders hangs a heavy, ornate red coat, with silver embroidery worked along the collar, the hems, halfway up his sleeves, and the bottom where it hangs by his calves. Below the coat he wears a simple black shirt, and breaches that are tucked into calf-high brown boots. His skin, dark blue, is made up of tiny, hard scales. Hanging out from the slits of his coat is a long, thin tail that ends in a sharp, black spade. His black hair is straight and shoulder-length, pulled back at the nape of his neck by a jade pin.

In his hands, carefully manicured, is a large and leather-bound tome. The pages that he rifles through are mostly blank, but there's one that's covered in a cursive script. A chain runs through the spine of the book, where it is attached to his belt and hangs under his coat when he isn't actively reading from it. Also hanging from the chain is a single fountain pen made of some sort of black metal.

Well, Mercutio, he muses to himself, this should be an interesting little research trip you've gotten yourself into.
    The devil had heard tell of this strange new plane a few months ago, and had put quite a bit of effort in getting here. The strange creatures and the unusual Goddess that ruled it were something that needed to be studied. And, he hoped, learned from.
    Near the Beach

"Hello there little beast! I come to this place of fighting, glory and death, and all Jakob has found are scrawny things like you." From a nearby copse of trees a massive brute of a man lumbers onto the shore, standing behind Mercutio and about 30 yards distant.

Should Mercutio turn to look at the man, he'll find he stands about twelve feet high, and must have been just barely concealed by the treetops by his slouched posture. Each arm is almost as large around as a normal man's torso, knuckles nearly scrapping the ground as he leans forward. He looks almost apelike in stature, although his flinty, semi-focused eyes hold a man's intelligence.

Around his neck a loose chain hangs, each link about the thickness of a man's thumb, "You are only young yet, and it would be a shame to see you go before you could be more amusing. Take a shot at me little beast, so you can prove yourself to this place and come back once I've put you down. The best game is the one you can kill many times over."
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-05-10 at 02:26 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #26

Near the Beach

Ah. Speaking of strange creatures.

Mercutio turns to face his aggressor, one of his slender eyebrows raised in amusement. With a hollow thumpf, he closes the large tome he caries and lets it fall to hang on its chain. "'Little beast,' is it?" he asks, his lips twisting into something between a smirk and a grin. "Perhaps so, but at least I'm not a large brute such as yourself." A wind blows from the beach, smelling of brine and fish and sand. It ruffles Mercutio's ornate coat, and toys with his hair. Pushing a strand from his face, Mercutio shrugs off his coat and hangs it from a nearby vertical-standing log. His button-down shirt has sleeves that end just below his elbow, revealing a blue-scaled forearm covered in runic tattoos. He flexes his arms, and the runes flare to life. Shimmering a dull silver, they coil down his arms like snakes to pool in the palms of his hands. The shimmering grows brighter and expands, until the light takes the forms of a pair of matching, thin-bladed swords.

"I get the first move? How generous." Dropping an exaggerated bow, Mercutio bends at the waist and vanishes in a puff of dark blue smoke that, for a moment, fills the air with the acrid stink of sulfur. In the same moment, he is standing behind the brute, slashing at his hamstring with his swords.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2012-05-10 at 02:43 PM.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Mountains

A large creature is flying around one of the peaks, squealing loudly to mark its territory. The creature has thick, brown skin and large, feathered wings of a matching colour. Apart from the feathers it has short, coarse hairs sparsely covering its body. It has the shape of a pig, although the size of a large ox. It has four large tusks protruding from its lower jaw, and its beady black eyes gleam with malevolence.

Forest

A man is here, pushing his way through the undergrowth. He's wearing a pair of stained and battered suit trousers, a much stained white shirt with a missing sleeve and an equally stained and ripped waistcoat. His feet are clad in battered hiking boots. His skin is pale, his eyes red, and his hair is black. Rather than using a machete, he slashes through thick shrubbery with his claw-like fingernails.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #28

Near the Beach

The blades cut through Jakob's legs, but only barely. Mercutio can feel the resistance his opponent's thick skin and corded muscle puts against the blow, slowing its passage to a crawl.

Jakob doesn't even flinch, falling forward until his hands are firmly planted in the soft sand and raising his bloody legs in a devastating mule-kick, not caring about the state of his ankles. Jakob hits, if anything harder than he looks capable of, and a kick like this could send Mercutio flying if it connects.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

29. - Top - End - #29

Near the Beach

Jakob's kick hits Mercutio square in the chest. There is a crunch of bone, a flash of pain, and Mercutio is sent soaring backwards into the air. Luckily his weapons are bound to his hands, or else they would have been knocked out. The devil blinks a few times, surprised to find himself in this predicament. It was really quite awkward. Stupid, too, he chides himself. Should've seen that coming.

The brute's kick probably broke a rib or two. Mercutio could do something about that later - if there was a later. Right now, he had more pressing concerns. Nimbly, Mercutio twists to adjust his trajectory so that he's facing forwards - a living, horizontal missile. He brings up his blades, holding them outstretched so that they're about the distance of Jakob's eyes apart. There is another puff of blue smoke, and Mercutio is transported mere feet from the brute's face.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

30. - Top - End - #30

Near the Beach

Jakob is well acquainted with the act of launching yourself at your foes, even if the teleportation adds a layer of unpredictability to this attempt. Kneeling shakily on his feet, the over-muscled giant has only a split second to react, so he raises both hands into the path of the blades, letting them slide through his palms. It's only due to his enormous armspan that his eyes are spared.

When the swords are driven up to the hilt into his palms, Jakob grins and closes his meaty fingers, trying to trap Mercutio's hands in an iron grip.

"Was good game we played little beast. We will play again when you are better, yes?" around Jakob's chest, a dark mist begins to collect ominously, obviously meant to be some kind of finishing blow.

((Last part only applies if Mercutio's hands are trapped.))