New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

[Lake Shore]

(Looks like Jit's experimental mutagen phase is having good results all around)

Jit howls in pain as the energy claw slashes into his own leg. He collapses to the ground, panting as the claws fade. Then he begins sobbing.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Lake Shore]

Red is startled at seeing the foe cry. He speaks without lowering his defense as that would be a bad idea since he is still mentally dazed.

"First.... you attack me..... then now.... you're crying! What are you....? Do.... you really wanna fight me?"

In Red's head

"Of course he wants to attack you! Look at him, playing possum, PAH! Back then you would hunt down anyone who'd dare even look cross at us!"

"No...... that was loong ago.. soooo loong ago...."
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake Shore]

Can't....control it. Too...strong!
    Jit's voice is full of agony, then he looks up.
    I need to run. It's coming.
    Red probably can't see between bad positioning and the fact that it's dark, but Jit's leg is healing rapidly.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Lake Shore]

"So we both have our inner demons........ come I'll fight yours.....with mine......"

Red's personality recedes as Element comes out.

"Come on little doggie! Lets rumbe!!"

Element turn into fire as Red's hesitation has been subdued by Element. He takes flight and shoots a fireball at him from above, its homing unless you smash it.

((Agi spells remianing: 9))
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake Shore]

Jit's eyes go feral again, and the claws erupt as his leg heals. He leaps directly into the fireball, intending to smash it with his head.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Lake Shore]

The fireball is smashed by the head and should only leave burn damage without the explosion.

"Gutsy little dog, pah!"

Element aims 9 homing fireballs at Jit.

Why don't you dodge them this time and let them hit one another dog? If you have the smarts to do so.

Element laughs as he is flying thinking he is way out of range to hit.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

[Lake Shore]

There are burns, but they heal almost immediately. However, the blow seems to have knocked Jit back to his senses again. He lands on all fours, and takes off for the woods, running the way he landed. The fireballs may very well follow him, but if they take the most direct route, they'll all end up right behind him. And therefore hit each other.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

8. - Top - End - #398
    Bugbear in the Playground

Savanna ==> Lake Shore

Screaming and crying and explosions of fire!

Across the dry and otherwise eerily still air of the vast savanna, they ring out like a beacon, attracting the attention of a certain trio. Moving up to the highest hill for quite a ways in any direction for a better view, the triplets observe the battle from afar via the telescopic scopes of their battle rifles.

They might step in. They might not. Really depends on how this goes and what fancy strikes them.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Halfling in the Playground

[Hills]

Kinda hard to tell if the creature is even in pain...

Anyway, Gordon's wings must be quite the mess by now with all those tentacles tearing away solidly at 'em, so there's probably not much more they can do there...

Anyway, the tentacle trying to restrain Gordon's head gets bitten off, which results in more green goop oozing out into his mouth, and the goop tastes just as disgusting.

And then Gordon fires again...

And misses.

Because the creature carefully times his next transformation, returning back to his default humanoid shape, grinning at Gordon, staring at him with those bright glowing eyes. The flames start to surge forwards again, threatening to cover the place in darkness again.

"Sso how doess it feel, oh great and mighty dragon? You with your fancy armour and lightning breath, sstill unable to defend yoursself from ssomeone who knowss what they're doing. You've been an excellent target for me to take my anger out on. I'll be leaving now." The creature's wounds, which there surely must be since he sustained them while taking his previous form, are hidden beneath the black flames covering his body...
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

10. - Top - End - #400

Hills

"Perhaps this way does have some problems."

Gordon then changes back into his human self, and removes the railgun attachment of his shock pistol, letting it fall to the ground. Sure, he doesn't have wings in this form, but the back of his tenchcoat is covered in blood.

"But that's why there more than one way."

Gordon flips out his grapple gun from his sleeve, and tries to fire it at the creature. If it works, Gordon or the creature will be pulled towards the other, in which case Gordon will fire a few shocks from his pistol.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Savanna ==> Lake Shore

Screaming and crying and explosions of fire!

Across the dry and otherwise eerily still air of the vast savanna, they ring out like a beacon, attracting the attention of a certain trio. Moving up to the highest hill for quite a ways in any direction for a better view, the triplets observe the battle from afar via the telescopic scopes of their battle rifles.

They might step in. They might not. Really depends on how this goes and what fancy strikes them.
    "Well, I did not expect that........ oh! What's this! I spy 3 little birds!"

[Lake Shore----> Vantage Point]

Element redirects the fireballs to the triplets location.

"Element...... NOOOOO!!!!"

A few fireballs stay in place an only 3 manage to continue to catapult over to the triplets, maybe they'll leave or be caught in the explosion.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

12. - Top - End - #402

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Mountain Path

Adir grimaces at the sounds coming from the pit. "Sorry, pal." He says, clearly unsettled. No time to worry about Grantz right now though.

The stag puts his ear to the ground and listens. Listens until Tovpir is just below him. Then, as the scorpion's tail erupts from the earth, Adir rolls aside. He coughs as the monster's stinger kicks up dust, and then draws his knife with blinding speed. The ranger leaps forward and attempts to drive his weapon through one of the gaps in the creature's tail.

This is no ordinary dagger, either - it's been enchanted with a spell called Magic Fang. It is especially capable for wounding magical beasts, but whether or not that has an effect on Tovpir is yet to be seen.
    Mountain Path

Tovpir is a creature I won't call normal or magical. His abilities are over natural, but his body is caused by evolution. Either way Adir will succed in hitting a gap between the tails fragments.

Tovpir will turn his tale around so the dagger will get caught between the fragments and the end of the string points at Adir. Hoping that distracts him enough Tovpirs claw will break out of the earth trying to grab Adir who should be stuck with his dagger.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #403

[Hills]

"Sss..." Gordon should really consider shooting first and talking later. His little quip about other ways serves as an excellent tell for the creature that he's about to be attacked.

Unsure of what to expect, the creature simply dives to one side, which thankfully serves as a suitable means of dodging the grapple gun. The creature rises, turning to face Gordon. "I ssaid I wass leaving now. I am done with you, dragon.

The black fire spreads out once more, the light rapidly fading...

"I ssaid at the beginning that I would not kill you. I do not dessire that. I jusst wanted to put you in your place. You sshould leave now, and get thosse woundss sseen too. A dragon that cannot fly iss ass good ass dead."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

14. - Top - End - #404

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Wilderness

The armored woman reaches behind herself, watching Michicora as she does so, and draws the blade from the back of her knee with a wince. She still felt pain in her "undead" state, but it was dulled. That said, this was more than "dull". With a growl, she stabs the scimitar into the ground behind her before pushing herself back up to her feet. Even so, Michicora will note that most of her weight is now on her good leg to keep her able to stand. Taking a deep breath, the woman raises her sword into a mid-guard position, ready to defend herself.
    Wilderness

While the woman wasn't going to move very fast, she was still dangerous. The bastard sword giving her the edge in close combat. She wouldn't be able to dodge very well though with that wound.

Having done it many times before, Michicora takes her bow out without even needing to look away from the woman for a second. She waits for some kind of reaction to this, to see how mobile the woman still is. Otherwise she will also pull out an arrow.
    In a desperate case she still have a spare knife.

15. - Top - End - #405

Mountain Path

Actually, turning the tail like that frees Adir's dagger, and he leaps backwards in time to avoid a horrible demise at Tovpir's claws. The stag doesn't backdown, however, leaping toward the scorpion's tail with a warcry. He tries to get his arms and legs around it, holding onto it for dear life, before plunging his dagger into one of the gaps again.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #406

Hills

Gordon starts walking towards the creature. His place? This creature has no idea what that is. Gordon wasn't planning on using one weapon of his out here. No way for him to reload it anymore. But now, he's mad, and that weapon should be enough to kill this thing.

"I was not born a dragon, so I think I will live. And one more thing, the dark fire will not avail you, flame of udun."

I'm not sure that quote quite fits the situation, but close enough. Gordon pulls out the lava cannon, the same one that took down Magtok's mecha, and turns the dial to wide, then starts running towards the creature.

17. - Top - End - #407

Savanna- Near the Lake

Darnit. The triplet's were hoping to avoid being spotted, but it looks like there's no hope staying out of the fight now.

Having seen that physical force can disrupt the fireballs, one of the trio opens fire on them. If that works the other two will shoot at Red as well, while if it doesn't they'll scatter and run to avoid getting burned. Shouldn't be too hard, considering there's a whole lot of distance between them and the lake.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Pixie in the Playground

['Big' game hunting]

...Truly, neither the vixen nor her writer had even considered that a possibility. So to say her prey leaping towards her took her by surprise is putting it mildly. While she snaps reflexively at him, she's too late to catch him in his flight.

She's not happy in the slightest to feel him land on her back, responding by promptly falling in the dirt and rolling over on the not-impaled side, which will hopefully either throw him off, or crush him.

The other fox has enough sense to halt suddenly when the other cars zip by, remembering the pain of small lead pellets that fly from their passenger's weapons. And it's a good thing he does so, else it may have cost him his eyes!

Which means that the last car will have to pull back and away from the others too if they still want to stick an explosive to his paws. If they do, then it would have to swerve to avoid the vulpine's angry snapping jaws to reach him, as it becomes the closest target. It may still work, actually, but it'd be difficult getting close now as he's aware of them. Or they could just throw it. As it's powerful adhesive, that might be just as effective, if slightly less accurately placed.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Hilly Plains

Waterstrider can't help but watch his brother hit the ground, too shocked for words, but when the thrashing begins to slow, he lets out a howl of fury before squeezing his paws tighter, stronger than he has before. Abandoning the knife, Waterstrider begins clawing at the wound furiously, trying to make it large enough for him to put more of his body in. As enraged as he was, he still understood that the only safe place when this thing crashed would be to be inside it.

Down below, after his brother has stopped paying attention, Pathfinder's eyes snap open with a gasp of breath. Through "divine" intervention, his spirit was sent back to his mended body. Even so, the process had tired him. He can't help but roll over and go into a coughing fit, getting rid of stray blood that had pooled before his resurrection. With the fit forcing his eyes closed, he doesn't notice a remarkably different thing about him.

His right paw, was now completely white, claws and all.
    As Waterstrider digs into the beast's body, he'll find out that it's surprisingly... empty. It seems that evolution or whatever other force that guided the latawiec's development made it as light as possible. The internal organs are strangely compressed in comparison to its size and once he gets past the thick hide, the insides of the creature are easy to dig through. The latawiec is steadily losing altitude now, but Waterstrider should be able to hide inside it as it crashes into the ground, the force of the fall finishing the job the blood loss started.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Swamp

Nothing seems to emerge. The swamp is as still and silent as it was before the fight with the fish. Barely visible vapours waft gently through the air like curtains. As Wenomir peers around himself, they begin to grow taller, thicker, more opaque. Soon the tall sheets of white and silver mist surrounds him, affording him only ten metres of visibility. All he can see is a short stretch of path and four or five skeletal trees looming up around him. The swamp seems to be growing cooler, too. Uncomfortably so. He may find himself shivering as his body tries to warm itself up.

As he grows colder, Wenomir will notice the tree directly in front of him growing more and more human in appearance. Maybe it's just his eyes playing tricks on him, but it appears to have a definite two definite arms stretched out above her, which lead into a torso made of beautiful curves that flows into a full skirt. The willow-like vines falling from the top is long, beautiful hair. The tree has a face, too. A face that is unmistakably familiar. It is a woman he knew long ago, and her name is Jadwiga.
    Wenomir is somewhat resistant to extreme temperatures, as the demons of his homeworld use either fire or frigid ice, depending on their type. Still, he's definetly not comfortable.
    He sighs inwardly when the tree takes on Jedwiga's shape. Why do monsters and villains keep taking her form? It's not like he has feelings for her anymore and in fact rather resents her. He raises his sword and waits for the situation to develop futher.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Savanna- Near the Lake

Darnit. The triplet's were hoping to avoid being spotted, but it looks like there's no hope staying out of the fight now.

Having seen that physical force can disrupt the fireballs, one of the trio opens fire on them. If that works the other two will shoot at Red as well, while if it doesn't they'll scatter and run to avoid getting burned. Shouldn't be too hard, considering there's a whole lot of distance between them and the lake.
    "Oh come on I was trying to have a bit of fun, very well!"

Even as the Triplets were opening fire on the fireballs they vanished and the ones near Element returned to him. Turning into wind he goes near the triplets and speaks in a non-menacing tone.

"Clam down ladds! I was just introducing myself! Anyway I'm losing power so take care of my other half will you? I'd hate to have to come out again against my other half's will. "

With that Element gives way to Red and shows a pitiful, wounded Child appearance.

"Sorry about.....him..... I won't..... harm you...."

Hopefully the triplets won't just leave him to his wounds.....
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

[The Deep Woods]

Jit keeps running and running for a long time. He gets turned around in his panicked flight, and eventually collapses.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

22. - Top - End - #412
    Pixie in the Playground

(The Deep Woods)
    Silver had been walking for hours. It was clear she was lost and didn't know where she was going but she wasn't scared. In fact, she was having the time of her life walking in the woods alone. She sees Jit on the ground and keeps her distance yet watches him, her body hiding behind a tree.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit appears to be unconscious.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

24. - Top - End - #414
    Pixie in the Playground

(Deep Woods)
    Silver moves closer to Jit, grabbing him and pulling him away. She snaps several branches and uses rope from her pouch to create enough shade to keep both of them comfortable. Silver stares with her bright blue eyes and pokes his cheek with her forefinger.

(It's clear that Silver doesn't hang out around people often)

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit wakes with a start when he is poked.
    Who are you? Where am I? What did I do?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

26. - Top - End - #416
    Pixie in the Playground

Silver, startled by Jit's reaction jumps back onto her feet, reaching into her pouch.

"S-silver...you were asleep. I took care of you."

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit stands, looking apologetic.
    I'm sorry I startled you. I'm not sure what's been happening to me, last thing I remember, I was attacking some kid by the lake, and then I was running...

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

28. - Top - End - #418
    Pixie in the Playground

(Deep Woods)
    Silver removes her hand from her pouch and begins giggling to herself.
    "Why would you attack a kid," she asked, waiting for his response.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit looks at her incredulously.
    You think this is funny? I may have killed him!

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

30. - Top - End - #420

Vantage Point

A pitiful, wounded child?

Nope. Doesn't get a single iota of sympathy at all from the triplets. Even if the three didn't know full well that Red's only a shapeshifter pretending to be a child to save it's own hide, they were raised and trained to show no mercy from the very moment they left the cloning vat. They're certainly not going to start now.

Three rifles are aimed in Red's direction. "Got a reason we shouldn't kill you?"