New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

"I guess so..." she whispered, smiling to herself, "but we're all in the hunting grounds for a reason. You're just a good person and therefore can't hurt a child."
    Silver reaches in her pouch and brings out a long, black whip.
    "You owe me by the way."

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit shudders.
    The hunting grounds? Is that where we are?
    Then he sees the whip.
    I wouldn't recommend using that. Pain seems to change who's in control of me.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #423
    Pixie in the Playground

"I never intended to use it on you.I just want to get out of here...alive."
    Silver puts her palm on the ground, closing her eyes to decide where to go. Several moments later she opens her eyes.
    "That way," she says pointing to the right.
    "Does pain make you a dark person?"

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit stands, moving stiffly.
    That seems to be what triggers it. But I wouldn't say a dark person. Person is too much for that beast.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #425
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Pond

The siren's lips part in surprise as Mateo transforms, but then she smiles. The smile is not the beautiful one she gave him earlier; it is the hungry, sharp-toothed grin of a predator who knows her prey is beyond salvation. As Mateo transforms, the pondweeds holding him tighten in their grip. They are joined by more and more, which wrap around his legs and snake up his body to tie down his arms. Another curves up his back. It curves gently around his neck like a lover's touch, before suddenly and tightly constricting. As her pondweeds try to choke him, the siren lifts a single finger to her lips and makes a soft hushing noise, as if to tell Mateo not to bother fighting, to make it easy on himself.
    Mateo suddenly stops transforming, and starts transforming into a wolf- much smaller, though still larger than a natural wolf- and faster. He leaps forward as he changes, hoping that the movement and decreased size causes the slippery pondweed to loose its grip. The sudden change has caused Mateo slight disorientation, especially as the change into bear wasn't complete. Therefore, his pounce might be off-target, but he's hoping to bound into the siren and clamp his lupine/ursine jaws around her throat and bite until he feels her spine crack.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Northwestern Caverns]

The beast can't smell the weapon, but it can smell DC. And because of this, it surges forward, it's entire body going after the psychic... like it intends to crush him. This means the blade will slash it along the wing, but it's too angry to pay any attention to that at the moment, just focused on the thing it believes is hurting it.
    DC knows this thing can plan, though it may or may not be doing that now considering it's so pissed off.

So he does something a bit unexpected.

He raises his hands into the air toward the charging beast, the bladed disc dropping to the floor as they surge with that ever-predictable red aura once again. This time, though, he does something a bit different.

A shining translucent red forcefield flares into existence between the two, one of the stronger ones the psychic's produced. It's not likely to survive the impact, but it should stop the charging monster before promptly collapsing, the powerful impact hopefully stunning it as well.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Vantage Point

A pitiful, wounded child?

Nope. Doesn't get a single iota of sympathy at all from the triplets. Even if the three didn't know full well that Red's only a shapeshifter pretending to be a child to save it's own hide, they were raised and trained to show no mercy from the very moment they left the cloning vat. They're certainly not going to start now.

Three rifles are aimed in Red's direction. "Got a reason we shouldn't kill you?"
    [Vantage Point]

"Shoot me and...... Element comes back out. You can try to kill us but you'll only recede me and let Element come out........ I've managed to lock him away for so long. Shoot and you'll be fighting for your lives, leave and I won't do anything, help me...... and I'll owe you one."

Conventional weapons can only do so much to the true Demonic Shapeshifter:
    Tyrant Element, it may hurt like hell to Red but not Element.

((Hey there's no timeline thing here in the NEXUS is there? Cause that would be weird since in Trog's Tavern Triplets and Red are companions. ))
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

8. - Top - End - #428
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vantage Point

((There are timelines, but they're.. complicated. The scene in Trog's might be happening months after this or long before the triplets even arrived at the hunting grounds. Or both could be happening at the exact same time! Space-time is quite malleable in these parts. Best not to worry about it.))

There's a pause. "How do we know you won't attack again?" It's difficult to trust someone who was lobbing fireballs their way just a moment ago. Moreso as Red is clearly powerful, maybe powerful enough to kill them if they don't finish him off now while he's wounded.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Vantage Point]

"Didn't you see what I did earlier!? I stopped some of the fireballs....... my other half threw at you! I came here to hunt as Hircine called but I will not fight other sentient beings.....but its your call."

Red didn't care anymore, who gives a damn! If they shoot, they damn themselves to fight and he won't care what Element does.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

10. - Top - End - #430

Vantage Point

A pause ensues. Silent arguments, made.

A consensus is reached. Weaponry, lowered.

"If it happens again we will put you down." Red warns, before grudgingly reaching a hand out for Red to shake. Not precisely a decision he's happy with, but he's only one mind out of three. Besides, it's likely only a matter of time before Red snaps and he gets to kill him anyway. "Do you need medical assistance?"

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Vantage Point]

Medical assistance?........not really unless you have magical healing capabilities. If you have food however that should help....... me heal a bit......faster. For now if you plan to go anywhere I'll follow, my.......form attracts to much attention as an easy snack......... I must not fight outside battles to fight my inner demon. If you decide to rest.....awhile then all good.

Red sits by a nearby stones looking at the three who looked the same.

"Since you...... answered Hircine's call, what manner of prizes have you won.......?"

Element seems to calming inside Red with the casual chatter but best to make him completely seep first.
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-05-25 at 12:48 AM.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Mountain Path

Actually, turning the tail like that frees Adir's dagger, and he leaps backwards in time to avoid a horrible demise at Tovpir's claws. The stag doesn't backdown, however, leaping toward the scorpion's tail with a warcry. He tries to get his arms and legs around it, holding onto it for dear life, before plunging his dagger into one of the gaps again.
    Mountain Path

Adir's step back saved him from one claw, but also offered Tovpir a moment to react when Adir heads for the tail. In the moment Adir starts his jump the earth next to the tal and claw break and a mass of purple stone breaks out of the earth right in front of him. On a closer look this mass is the main body of Tovpir. While the claw who just missed Adir now shields him the other claw tries to smash the hunter in his jump. The tail is taken upwards and seems to prepare for another attack.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #433

Vantage Point

"Uh, we don't even know who this Hircine is." Taking a seat on the rocks beside Red, First sets down his pack and rustles through it 'till he finds some trail rations for the wounded shapeshifter. Nothing elaborate, tasteless jerky and hardtack, but better than nothing.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    [Deep Woods]

Jit stands, moving stiffly.
    That seems to be what triggers it. But I wouldn't say a dark person. Person is too much for that beast.
    Silver smiles and her eyes begin to glow red. She looks at her whip as red jaggered patterns are revealed on it.

She looks to her right waving her whip in the air then brings it down behind a bush smashing it onto the ground, generating a spark of electricity. Several seconds later she walks over and reaches down, grabbing the rabbit she killed, smiling to herself. Not knowing that there was someone tracking her the entire time.

My mysterious figure draws his bow and arrow and aims it at her head.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vantage Point

"Uh, we don't even know who this Hircine is." Taking a seat on the rocks beside Red, First sets down his pack and rustles through it 'till he finds some trail rations for the wounded shapeshifter. Nothing elaborate, tasteless jerky and hardtack, but better than nothing.
    [Vantage Point]

Red happily eats the rations, he eats anything so long as its edible. Then he replies,

"You've no Idea? This is Hircine's hunting Grounds, where she summoned adventurers to Hunt prey. Those who prove themselves gain prizes. You're not pulling my leg are you?"

Red is returning into his casual childish tone.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

16. - Top - End - #436

Vantage Point

"Nope. We just wandered here. Although... Now that you mention it... I guess there was something drawing us here." Thinking back upon it, First can see that there was some sort of outside force leading him and his brothers to the hunting grounds. A sort of call, an instinctual knowledge of how to find this place when a second before they had been wandering lost. "So, we get things for killing?"

17. - Top - End - #437
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Vantage Point]

"Yes you win things by killing the wild beasts that roam this land. I got a prize myself from a monolith beetle, wanna see?"

Red looks happier now since Element is completely asleep and won't come out unless he accidentally absorbs evil or foul energy again. He'll be careful on what he tries to use his absorption on next time.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

18. - Top - End - #438
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Hills

Gordon starts walking towards the creature. His place? This creature has no idea what that is. Gordon wasn't planning on using one weapon of his out here. No way for him to reload it anymore. But now, he's mad, and that weapon should be enough to kill this thing.

"I was not born a dragon, so I think I will live. And one more thing, the dark fire will not avail you, flame of udun."

I'm not sure that quote quite fits the situation, but close enough. Gordon pulls out the lava cannon, the same one that took down Magtok's mecha, and turns the dial to wide, then starts running towards the creature.

"Not born a dragon?" The hissing voice of the creature is still quite audible, even as the flames suck in the remaining light, enveloping it in darkness...

"What a coincidence. Neither wass I." Hissing laughter rings out from the darkness...

The creature laughs, and laughs. But then suddenly it's not a laugh any more. It's a roar and the beat of wings. Within a moment the fire goes out as the creature dismisses it.

And where once the creature stood, now a shadowy dragon is taking off into the sky, still coated in black fire, wings beating furiously as he slowly gains altitude. It's sort of hard to tell where exactly the dragon ends, his outline seems...blurred. "And I hate what I am. I could've fought you on even terms, dragon to dragon...but instead I bested you as something inferior. Now, as I said before, I'll be leaving."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    Silver smiles and her eyes begin to glow red. She looks at her whip as red jaggered patterns are revealed on it.

She looks to her right waving her whip in the air then brings it down behind a bush smashing it onto the ground, generating a spark of electricity. Several seconds later she walks over and reaches down, grabbing the rabbit she killed, smiling to herself. Not knowing that there was someone tracking her the entire time.

My mysterious figure draws his bow and arrow and aims it at her head.
    [Deep Woods]

Jit's head jerks up as he catches the scent/hears the bowstring being pulled taut.
    DUCK!
    At the same time he launches himself between the source of the noise/smell and Silver.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

The Ring of Fire

Sorry, I was busy when I typed that up. Apologies.

Thenadier swears roughly before he realizes the tree didn't do any damage. He raises his rifle to fire at the cloud rams in a orderly fashion, aiming for the horns. If the horns caught fire, so would the rest of the ram. He can't see Mercutio in the distance and yells out to him. Demon! Get out of there! Unlesh you'd rather burn!

21. - Top - End - #441

Hills

"Bested me!? You haven't done so yet."

Gordon quickly flips the dial back to thin, while shrugging off his tenchcoat. See, Gordon does know a little blood magic, and while the only blood he can manipulate is his own, that's more than enough in this case.

With a twist of his fingers, Gordon has his bloodstained tenchcoat throw him up in the air, getting him close enough that Gordon tries to use the lava gun's thin long beam of lava to cut through the shadowy dragon's wings.

22. - Top - End - #442

Vantage Point

"Sure."

While First chats with Red, Alpha and One are watching the surrounding landscape. It's odd how little life they've seen around here. Just rabbits scurrying from burrow to burrow and the ocassional vulture circling in the air above, a herd of bison resting off in the distance. Nothing as dangerous as you would expect in a place like this. Yet.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    [Deep Woods]

Jit's head jerks up as he catches the scent/hears the bowstring being pulled taut.
    DUCK!
    At the same time he launches himself between the source of the noise/smell and Silver.
    Silver bends low, diving to her left just as the figure fires his bow which is now aiming for Jit who stands in between his target.

Silver hurries to her feet and runs to the target, using her whip on the branch of the attacker and swinging herself up.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

The arrow strikes Jit in the shoulder, causing him to jerk back and cry out in pain.
    RUN!
    That's all he gets out before the yell becomes a snarl. His energy claws (Wolverine meets red lightsaber) erupt as he leaps towards the archer. The arrow seems to have been forgotten, and the wound has already ceased bleeding.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #445
    Pixie in the Playground

Silver, temporarily distracted witnesses the transformation of Jit allowing the mysterious figure to spin and kick Silver on the face sending her flying down to the ground head first. Fortunately, Silver manages to turn her body and therefore allows her to land on her feet. Her red eyes glow brighter causing the whip to burn through the branch of the tree leaving it unstable for the mysterious attacker.
    The attacker jumps in the air to avoid falling as Jit leaps for him, readying his bow and trying to get another arrow from his quiver, showing a hint of fear in his eyes of the enemy before him.

"Go for it," Silver yells.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-05-25 at 03:45 PM.

26. - Top - End - #446

Swamp
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Wenomir is somewhat resistant to extreme temperatures, as the demons of his homeworld use either fire or frigid ice, depending on their type. Still, he's definetly not comfortable.
    He sighs inwardly when the tree takes on Jedwiga's shape. Why do monsters and villains keep taking her form? It's not like he has feelings for her anymore and in fact rather resents her. He raises his sword and waits for the situation to develop further.

The figure before Wenomir grows more and more life-like. Soon the demon-hunter will find himself wondering how he ever thought she was a tree? This is clearly Jedwiga, alive and in the flesh before him. Except there's something strange about her. Her skin is as pale as the white silk dress she wears, a rose pinned over her heart. The ground she stands on is not muddy swamp-brew, but instead a thick and sluggish pool of blood that slowly grows wider. The rose wilts almost immediately, staining her bodice red with blood. With glazed-over eyes, she stares at Wenomir.

You, she says. You did this to me.

Pond
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Mateo suddenly stops transforming, and starts transforming into a wolf- much smaller, though still larger than a natural wolf- and faster. He leaps forward as he changes, hoping that the movement and decreased size causes the slippery pondweed to loose its grip. The sudden change has caused Mateo slight disorientation, especially as the change into bear wasn't complete. Therefore, his pounce might be off-target, but he's hoping to bound into the siren and clamp his lupine/ursine jaws around her throat and bite until he feels her spine crack.

As Mateo shape-shifts again, the slippery pond-weeds falter. By changing into a bear, he made his limbs larger and easier to ensnare. But in this much thinner form, it's very easy for the vampire to slip free of his bonds and launch himself towards the siren. Judging by the shocked look on her face, she isn't used to prey being able to escape like that (or maybe at all), and as such it's even easier for him to pounce on her. But as he lowers his mid-shift jaws to her neck, the pond-weeds redouble their efforts. With their mistress in danger they surge towards him at more than twice the speed they'd had before, pratically leaping out of the water to wrap themselves around his throat and head and pull him away.

So Much Fire
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    The Ring of Fire

Sorry, I was busy when I typed that up. Apologies.

Thenadier swears roughly before he realizes the tree didn't do any damage. He raises his rifle to fire at the cloud rams in a orderly fashion, aiming for the horns. If the horns caught fire, so would the rest of the ram. He can't see Mercutio in the distance and yells out to him. Demon! Get out of there! Unlesh you'd rather burn!

"Yes, yes!" comes the curt and rather strained answer. "I am working on it. The extra fire really isn't helping!" Aw, but I'm sure Thenadier meant well.

Thenadier takes aim at the charging cloud-rams! As he fires the first shot, the round tears the horn clean-off. The ram lets out a bleat of pain, rearing back. Water vapour pools out of the gaping wound, floating up into the air. The other ducks its head as Thenadier fires at it, and the bullet flies past it harmlessly. As it continues its charge, Thenadier will suddenly smell the foul stink of brimstone from behind him.

"You really could have just stopped at the first fire," a slightly singed Mercutio observes, stepping forward to stand next to Thenadier. In his hands are two spiral horns, most likely taken from the cloud-ram he had just killed. He tosses one up in the air and catches it as he peers at the incoming cloud-ram, and the one that Theandier had shot. "Oh, look. You've figured out their weakness. Now if you'll just permit me to try a little experiment..."

He takes a few wide strides forward, and as the charging ram gets close, steps to the side. It stampedes past him, but before it can get far Mercutio stabs it in the neck with the pointed end of the horn he gained from its peer. The horn sinks in like a blade, causing the cloud-ram to tumble over itself and fall to the ground. Mercutio grins, dropping to his knees with it and reaches for the book and pen at his waist. "Kindly take care of the last one, would you?"
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

27. - Top - End - #447
    Orc in the Playground

Pond

It was a desperate gamble, and it's failed. Mateo is successfully restrained, though no matter how hard they squeeze the pondweed isn't going to suffocate him. He stopped breathing outside at some point during the song, and he didn't need oxygen anyway. Mateo stops struggling, deciding to conserve his strength if another opportunity to escape comes up.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    Silver, temporarily distracted witnesses the transformation of Jit allowing the mysterious figure to spin and kick Silver on the face sending her flying down to the ground head first. Fortunately, Silver manages to turn her body and therefore allows her to land on her feet. Her red eyes glow brighter causing the whip to burn through the branch of the tree leaving it unstable for the mysterious attacker.
    The attacker jumps in the air to avoid falling as Jit leaps for him, readying his bow and trying to get another arrow from his quiver, showing a hint of fear in his eyes of the enemy before him.

"Go for it," Silver yells.
    [Deep Woods]

Jit kicks out as he passes the assailant, another set of claws erupting from his feet. Regardless of if they hit or not, Jit lands in a turning skid and charges towards either the assailant (if on the ground) or Silver (if assailant isn't on the ground). The look on his face is purely not human.

Silver may want to follow his advice and run.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

29. - Top - End - #449
    Pixie in the Playground

The attacker is hit and sent flying to the floor but endures the damage dealt, drawing an arrow and firing it with his bow. Silver runs across to retrieve her whip then makes her way to the west.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vantage Point

"Sure."

While First chats with Red, Alpha and One are watching the surrounding landscape. It's odd how little life they've seen around here. Just rabbits scurrying from burrow to burrow and the ocassional vulture circling in the air above, a herd of bison resting off in the distance. Nothing as dangerous as you would expect in a place like this. Yet.
    "Ok guys here I go!"

[Vantage Point]

Red Shapeshifts and becomes covered in Monolith beetle armor, looking like a mini kamen rider, which is quite thick and a Bulwark is on his arm with runes on it.

"The armor I got from absorption and the shield I got as a Prize! Which I think is pretty cool."
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element