New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

Vantage Point

"But will it stop a bullet?" Without waiting for Red to answer or give his brothers a chance to stop him, Alpha turns and fires off a three-round burst right at Red's shield. He doesn't consider this an act of outright aggression, it is after all a magic shield in question and he doubts the bullets will actually manage to pierce it... But he wouldn't be overly upset if they did.

"What the **** Alpha!?"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

The bullets hit the shield and then fell to the ground. It didn't hurt but the force of the shots can still be felt, Red was the size of the child.

"Well, does that answer your question?"

Red didn't really mind so much, his other self did try to fry the three. I guess the one named Alpha had trigger happy issues.

"Well, I'm fine now. We can go around to hunt stuff, if it don't bother you too much for me to tag along."

Red kept his armor and shield on for self-preservation purposes.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

3. - Top - End - #453

Vantage Point

A little trigger happy, yes. Another trait bred and trained into the three, although Alpha is the least able to control his temper. This situation, allying with someone who attacked them not ten minutes ago, just does not sit well with him. The near-constant mental communications from One, egging him on, do not help either.

"Yes. Do you know of anything we can kill?"

Seeing that they're about to head off, First hops back up to his feet, slinging the pack over one shoulder. "If not, we can just head for the forest 'till we find something. That's where we're going anyway."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Beside a River... At a Riverside One Might Say]

Kagaro the red Oni walks through a forest. His skin is a blood red, his hair is night black, and he has two conical yellow horns on top of his head. He is clad in a tiger hide loincloth and boots, and he has a spiked iron great-club slung over his shoulder. He has nothing else. He needs nothing else. With a physique somewhere between a caveman and a gorilla, he stalks across the forest, afraid of nothing, hiding from nothing.

He eventually comes across a river too deep to walk and too fast to simply swim. Uninterested in going the long way around such a pathetic obstacle, he walks to tree of decent length and lifts his iron club off of his shoulders and sets to swing it with both of his hands. His horns crackle with electricity and the spikes on his club follow suit. He steps toward the tree and swings!

Cracka-BOOM!

The thunder reverberates through the forest, followed shortly by the sound of a tree falling in the woods. I wonder who's around to hear it.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    The attacker is hit and sent flying to the floor but endures the damage dealt, drawing an arrow and firing it with his bow. Silver runs across to retrieve her whip then makes her way to the west.
    [Deep Woods]

Jit, moving faster than should be humanly possible, slices the arrow into piece in mid air. The heat from the energy claws also sets the arrow ablaze. The now flaming arrowhead strikes Jit's forearm, and the feral looks goes out of his eyes.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

6. - Top - End - #456
    Pixie in the Playground

(Deep Woods)
    The mysterious figure gets on his feet and throws his bow aside. He grabs an arrow and uses it to draw blood, marking a symbol on the ground. Silver suddenly stops, turning back and hides behind a tree.
    "I'm sorry Jit but I can't just leave you behind," she whispers to herself.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Swamp

The figure before Wenomir grows more and more life-like. Soon the demon-hunter will find himself wondering how he ever thought she was a tree? This is clearly Jedwiga, alive and in the flesh before him. Except there's something strange about her. Her skin is as pale as the white silk dress she wears, a rose pinned over her heart. The ground she stands on is not muddy swamp-brew, but instead a thick and sluggish pool of blood that slowly grows wider. The rose wilts almost immediately, staining her bodice red with blood. With glazed-over eyes, she stares at Wenomir.

You, she says. You did this to me.
    Wenomir growls. He hates Jadwiga so much. The prissy, arrogant, vain, air-headed narcissistic twit. He can't believe he used to be infatuated with her.
    You dare accuse me of anything? Go to hell or I'll send you there myself.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #458

Pond
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Pond

It was a desperate gamble, and it's failed. Mateo is successfully restrained, though no matter how hard they squeeze the pondweed isn't going to suffocate him. He stopped breathing outside at some point during the song, and he didn't need oxygen anyway. Mateo stops struggling, deciding to conserve his strength if another opportunity to escape comes up.

The pondweed pulls Mateo off the siren. The last thing he sees is her satisfied smile as he is pulled down into the dark, murky water. It's a good thing he doesn't need to breath, because the tightly-coiled pondweeds hold him below the surface for what feels like hours. After an immeasurable amount of time, he finally feels himself being lifted out of the water. Lifting him up by the legs, the pondweeds carry him over the pond and deposite him on the rocky shore at the back of the cave. The siren is sitting there, cross-legged, holding a thin coral knife in her left hand.

Swamp
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Wenomir growls. He hates Jadwiga so much. The prissy, arrogant, vain, air-headed narcissistic twit. He can't believe he used to be infatuated with her.
    You dare accuse me of anything? Go to hell or I'll send you there myself.

Jadwiga's corpse laughs in Wenomir's face. It is a dry, bitter laugh that splatters blood on the corners of her lips. Fool, she says. I am in hell. You sent me there.

Behind her, the mist swirls and thickens and becomes solid. He is there - the man Wenomir killed for love of Jadwiga. The man whose death forced Wenomir to chose between death or slavery. He drapes his arms around her waist, pressed against her from behind. As he leans down to plant a kiss on her neck, he smirks at Wenomir.

Beside a River
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Beside a River... At a Riverside One Might Say]

Kagaro the red Oni walks through a forest. His skin is a blood red, his hair is night black, and he has two conical yellow horns on top of his head. He is clad in a tiger hide loincloth and boots, and he has a spiked iron great-club slung over his shoulder. He has nothing else. He needs nothing else. With a physique somewhere between a caveman and a gorilla, he stalks across the forest, afraid of nothing, hiding from nothing.

He eventually comes across a river too deep to walk and too fast to simply swim. Uninterested in going the long way around such a pathetic obstacle, he walks to tree of decent length and lifts his iron club off of his shoulders and sets to swing it with both of his hands. His horns crackle with electricity and the spikes on his club follow suit. He steps toward the tree and swings!

Cracka-BOOM!

The thunder reverberates through the forest, followed shortly by the sound of a tree falling in the woods. I wonder who's around to hear it.

If a tree falls in a forest full of hungry predators and clever prey, does it attract a lot of attention?
    Usually.

The fallen tree creates a bridge across the river, which leads deeper into the

Forest

And even deeper in the forest, there is a cave. Cat finds herself there after a few hours of exploration. Even from all the way out here she can hear the thunder and thud of a tree falling.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

9. - Top - End - #459

[Deeper into the forest]

Indeed, Cat will find the cave!
    She'll sniff the air, trying to figure out what's in the cave.
    She'll slowly take a few steps in, still in the entrance.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

10. - Top - End - #460

[Over the River and Through the Woods]

Kagaro certainly hopes it attracts attention. That's kinda the whole point. He even looks around expectantly with a stupid, if malicious looking, grin on his face like he was expecting something.

If nothing does show up he'll huff and make his way across his fancy new bridge.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    (Deep Woods)
    The mysterious figure gets on his feet and throws his bow aside. He grabs an arrow and uses it to draw blood, marking a symbol on the ground. Silver suddenly stops, turning back and hides behind a tree.
    "I'm sorry Jit but I can't just leave you behind," she whispers to herself.
    [Deep Woods]

Jit looks at the arrowhead in his shoulder, the wound already closing around it, then at the archer. It seems to take him a moment to make the connection, but once he does, he starts running, now on two legs, towards the archer.

The delay was probably enough to allow the symbol to be drawn, depending on how intricate it is.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

Pond

Mateo realises that he's supposed to have drowned, and that playing his hand too soon will alert the siren that he has survived. So for now, he plays dead, lying still and not moving, waiting for the siren to approach. As noted, he doesn't need to breathe, and so he doesn't, and his eyes are closed. He'll listen for her approach; his hearing is quite good. Much better than a human's, in fact.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #463
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    [Deep Woods]

Jit looks at the arrowhead in his shoulder, the wound already closing around it, then at the archer. It seems to take him a moment to make the connection, but once he does, he starts running, now on two legs, towards the archer.

The delay was probably enough to allow the symbol to be drawn, depending on how intricate it is.
    The mysterious foe begins chanting to himself as he tries to keep his distance from Jit but tries not to get too close.

Silver uses this opprtunity to go over and steal the strangers bow. She then goes back and keeps her distance, using the sharp ends of the bow to draw blood from her palms to mark her own symbol.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Seeing that the stranger is being evasive, Jit attempts to make psychic contact to help him read where the dodges will lead and compensate his attacks accordingly. He seems much more aware and tactical than he was before.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

15. - Top - End - #465
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Hills

"Bested me!? You haven't done so yet."

Gordon quickly flips the dial back to thin, while shrugging off his tenchcoat. See, Gordon does know a little blood magic, and while the only blood he can manipulate is his own, that's more than enough in this case.

With a twist of his fingers, Gordon has his bloodstained tenchcoat throw him up in the air, getting him close enough that Gordon tries to use the lava gun's thin long beam of lava to cut through the shadowy dragon's wings.
    Gordon really is being quiet persistent, isn't he?

But as long as he keeps engaging in banter with the dragon, he's providing tells for his attacks. As soon as he says that he hasn't been bested yet, that puts the dragon straight on alert.

So as Gordon launches up and fires, the dragon decides to drop down, shifting form into that of the large shadowy wolf again and falling back down to the ground. Having only taken off mere moments ago, the dragon had yet to gain much height, and this form is quite capable of handling drops of such distance.

Now on the ground, the wolf simply turns and runs, since drawing this out any longer is only going to result in Gordon continuing to attack him.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #466

Hills

Well, its a good thing for Gordon that when the cannon is set on thin, it uses less lava, so he still has a shot left in it. Having landed back on the ground, Gordon shakes his fist at the fleeing creature, still upset about this whole event, but slightly calmed by the fact that its running from him.

Now, where did he leave those things of his? Gordon picks up his tenchcoat and goes to collect the things he dropped during the battle.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Wilderness

While the woman wasn't going to move very fast, she was still dangerous. The bastard sword giving her the edge in close combat. She wouldn't be able to dodge very well though with that wound.

Having done it many times before, Michicora takes her bow out without even needing to look away from the woman for a second. She waits for some kind of reaction to this, to see how mobile the woman still is. Otherwise she will also pull out an arrow.
    In a desperate case she still have a spare knife.
    Wilderness

The warrior frowns as Michicora pulls out her bow, and she shifts her position slightly, holding her blade in front of most of her face. She doesn't charge just yet, waiting for the right opportunity to do so. Hopefully Michicora would fire her arrow and allow the warrior a moment to react. Of course, that all depends on where she targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    As Waterstrider digs into the beast's body, he'll find out that it's surprisingly... empty. It seems that evolution or whatever other force that guided the latawiec's development made it as light as possible. The internal organs are strangely compressed in comparison to its size and once he gets past the thick hide, the insides of the creature are easy to dig through. The latawiec is steadily losing altitude now, but Waterstrider should be able to hide inside it as it crashes into the ground, the force of the fall finishing the job the blood loss started.

Hilly Plains

Pathfinder shakes his head after his hacking and looks up in time for him to see the latawiec crash into the ground. As magnificent of a sight as it is, it isn't what gets his attention. It's what else he can see that does. Surrounding the creature, and deeper within it, he sees two massive misty blurs of spirit energy. The one inside the Latawiec seems to be growing more and more, getting stronger, causing the shaman to think about his conversation with Dark Step.

What did she mean by their parents had already seen to gifts?

Inside the creature, as it falls, Waterstrider's form begins to grow and change as fury envelops him. He doesn't notice the red creeping over his vision, nor does he notice his size increasing. His fur begins to grow streaks of white, and his claws and fangs double in length as his muscles gain more mass. By the time the creature crashes, he's nearly half again his previous size. Assuming the monster eventually stills, the "Welfen" will tear itself out of the side of it with a bloodthirsty roar, revealing himself in all his possessed fury as the gore steams off his furred body.

The sight of his brother nearly blinds Pathfinder's new sense, so he has to close it off for the moment. The only time he'd seen such an influx of power was the last time he had been possessed, during the ritual with the yak at GLoG, but this was coming from inside Waterstrider, not out...

The realization of what it truly is hits him hard, causing his head to spin. They were their children.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post

Icy Plateau

All that flashing light and dance moves seems to do, as far as our knife-wielding psychopath is concerned, is telegraph exactly where What shouldn't be standing when the beam of death comes shooting out at him. He sidesteps to the right of the beam without too much trouble, before swinging upwards with his left arm, in an effort to lodge the trench knife just north of the strange elemental being's elbow.

Oh, and speaking of elbows, is that a faint, teensy little dancing flame on What's own? Looks like he didn't dodge quite as effortlessly as I suspected. He doesn't seem to have noticed the embers just yet, too busy trying to kill the thing right in front of him, but it could easily become a serious problem if something doesn't put out the fire soon.
    Icy Glacier

The Elemental cries out in shock and pain when the knife lodges itself in his arm, causing it to look down in surprise at the weapon before glaring at What. "Not cool, dude." He says before stomping his foot to send a shockwave through the ground, trying to unsteady What's stance enough to allow the Elemental to spin low and lash out with a leg in an attempt to trip the Pumpkin. This might rip the knife from What's grip, or it might not depending on how strong of one the creature had.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mountain Path

Adir's step back saved him from one claw, but also offered Tovpir a moment to react when Adir heads for the tail. In the moment Adir starts his jump the earth next to the tal and claw break and a mass of purple stone breaks out of the earth right in front of him. On a closer look this mass is the main body of Tovpir. While the claw who just missed Adir now shields him the other claw tries to smash the hunter in his jump. The tail is taken upwards and seems to prepare for another attack.
    The claw shoots forward and hits Adir square in the stomach, knocking the wind from his lungs. He's thrown backward with a cry of pain, landing on his backside and recovering with a sputtering cough. He merely readies himself for the continued assault, brandishing his dagger weakly while he gets his breath back.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #469
    Pixie in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Seeing that the stranger is being evasive, Jit attempts to make psychic contact to help him read where the dodges will lead and compensate his attacks accordingly. He seems much more aware and tactical than he was before.
    The stranger starts trying to make his way up another tree to grant him some more distance and from there you can(via physchic contact) that he's going to keep his distance by jumping from tree to tree (He's half way through chanting whilst Silver has completed three fourths of the ritual).

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit leaps at the tree the stranger is trying to climb and from there attempts to drop onto him and knock him to the ground. The foot claws retract first, to avoid setting the tree aflame.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Swamp

Jadwiga's corpse laughs in Wenomir's face. It is a dry, bitter laugh that splatters blood on the corners of her lips. Fool, she says. I am in hell. You sent me there.

Behind her, the mist swirls and thickens and becomes solid. He is there - the man Wenomir killed for love of Jadwiga. The man whose death forced Wenomir to chose between death or slavery. He drapes his arms around her waist, pressed against her from behind. As he leans down to plant a kiss on her neck, he smirks at Wenomir.
    Wenomir gnashes his teeth, torn between fear, shame and rage. He would never be free of what he did, would he. No, those images torment him still, everywhere he goes.
    I didn't - I killed him, yes, but I never did anything to you! You were alive and well when I was imprisoned! He snaps, as if trying to explain himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Hilly Plains

Pathfinder shakes his head after his hacking and looks up in time for him to see the latawiec crash into the ground. As magnificent of a sight as it is, it isn't what gets his attention. It's what else he can see that does. Surrounding the creature, and deeper within it, he sees two massive misty blurs of spirit energy. The one inside the Latawiec seems to be growing more and more, getting stronger, causing the shaman to think about his conversation with Dark Step.

What did she mean by their parents had already seen to gifts?

Inside the creature, as it falls, Waterstrider's form begins to grow and change as fury envelops him. He doesn't notice the red creeping over his vision, nor does he notice his size increasing. His fur begins to grow streaks of white, and his claws and fangs double in length as his muscles gain more mass. By the time the creature crashes, he's nearly half again his previous size. Assuming the monster eventually stills, the "Welfen" will tear itself out of the side of it with a bloodthirsty roar, revealing himself in all his possessed fury as the gore steams off his furred body.

The sight of his brother nearly blinds Pathfinder's new sense, so he has to close it off for the moment. The only time he'd seen such an influx of power was the last time he had been possessed, during the ritual with the yak at GLoG, but this was coming from inside Waterstrider, not out...

The realization of what it truly is hits him hard, causing his head to spin. They were their children.
    The Latawiec is dead before it actually touches the ground - Waterstrider's growth inside of it damaged its internal organs critically and the creature breathed its final breath while still in the air. It lies perfectly still as the Welfen rips it open from inside-out.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-05-27 at 08:53 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Pixie in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit leaps at the tree the stranger is trying to climb and from there attempts to drop onto him and knock him to the ground. The foot claws retract first, to avoid setting the tree aflame.
    Jit successfully pounds the stranger and leaves him winded on the ground which disrupts the ritual altogether. The stranger waits for several seconds the wriggles his body and tries to push Jit off of him.
    "Get off me..."

Silver finishes chanting and waits as the sign drawn on the ground divides and forms smaller signs, slowly making their way onto Silver's body, causing her to turn pale. The marks appearing to be red on her skin(seeing as they were drawn out of her own blood).

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

No. Explain why you attacked first.
    The stranger may notice Jit seems to be unusually heavy for his size. As in he looks like the most he could weigh is around 170lbs, but seems to weigh closer to 250lbs.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

24. - Top - End - #474
    Pixie in the Playground

He grunts, realizing that it's useless to try and push Jit off. His eyes roll backwards, increasing the rate at which he chants as he attempts once more but he is suddenly interrupted by Silver which causes his eyes to reappear as normal. She stands several inches from the fight. Her whip, now a gianting flaming scythe. Her face covered by a hoodie. She holds her scythe to the neck of the attacker.
    "Why did you come here?" she asks.
    "For you," he says, smirking. He begins digging his nails into Jit then attempts to bite him but before he can he is beheaded by Silver who takes his head, keeping it in her pouch.
    She also steals his quiver with the remaining bows and keeps searching his pockets, eventually finding some gold which she hands to you.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-05-27 at 10:43 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit barely flinches.
    Who was he?
    The nails don't even seem to have marked his skin.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

26. - Top - End - #476
    Pixie in the Playground

"H-he used to be...my student," she says softly, "He's been following me ever since I got lost in these hunting grounds. I knew he'd want to fight me sooner or later...sorry for the trouble I have caused you. Please, take some gold as thanks..."she says handing out the money taken from her student.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit shakes his head, getting off of the corpse.
    Keep it. I have plenty of money, and I owed you anyways.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

28. - Top - End - #478
    Pixie in the Playground

Silver smiles, keeping the money in her pocket. She rolls her eyes to the back of her head which causes the red marks on her skin to return back to the original symbols location, returning her skin colour back to normal. She collapses to her knees, exhausted.
    "It's been awhile since I used that," She whispers to herself.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit squats down next to her.
    What kind of power is that? I've never seen it before.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

30. - Top - End - #480
    Pixie in the Playground

Silver looks at Jit, slightly terrified of his question.
    "I-its nothing," she says immediately looking away, "Just some voodoo hex rituals...speaking of which what happened to you...you lost control during the fight." Silver manages sits up successfully, "My legs are fine but my face and arms will be numb for several hours..."
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-05-27 at 11:49 AM.