New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

Hilly Plains

Waterstrider turns back to the corpse and begins beating at it with his fists and claws, tearing out massive chunks as he works out his anger on it. He doesn't think, unable to do so for now, and the sight of it fills Pathfinder with sorrow. The Shaman shakily makes his way over, a dozen feet away before speaking up. As soon as he even begins, Waterstrider shoves him to the ground with great speed, pinning him and breathing heavily as he raises a claw, ready to lash out. Only when Pathfinder looks right into his eyes does it cause his brother to pause. Slowly, the animalistic fury begins to fade as recognition enters his mind. The paw comes down, but instead of in anger, Waterstrider pulls his brother into a tight embrace, weeping as his form begins to settle down to it's original size once more.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    Silver looks at Jit, slightly terrified of his question.
    "I-its nothing," she says immediately looking away, "Just some voodoo hex rituals...speaking of which what happened to you...you lost control during the fight." Silver manages sits up successfully, "My legs are fine but my face and arms will be numb for several hours..."
    Deep Woods]

Jit notices her reaction and decides not to press the issue.
    Like I said, pain changes what's in control. Me, or the beast I created.
    The energy claws die out.

(does she still have the scythe, or is it back to the whip?)
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #483
    Pixie in the Playground

(Deep Woods)
    (it's turned back to a whip)
    Silver struggles to stand up without the use of her hands and barely manages to stay on her two feet but she eventually makes her way up.
    "C-can you grab my whip and put it in my pouch please?" She asks, slightly embarassed.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

No problem.
    Jit moves to pick up the whip. Barring any interference, he'll then put it in the pouch.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #485
    Pixie in the Playground

"T-thank you," she responds.
    As Jit opens Silver's pouch he sees the head of her student and several thick books. All of which have a plain black cover.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit doesn't seem to surprised. Plain black books and severed heads are part of the voodoo package.
    So, earlier you said something about the hunting grounds. What's the deal with that?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #487
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'm not entirely sure...It was said to be created by a deity. The fact that we're here shows that we have to prove our worthiness to her. The hunting grounds are famous and well known in Nexus but there are very dangerous creatures that lurk this area and she expects us to defeat them with ease. That is why I'm trying to get out of here as fast as I can but unfortunately my sense of direction is horrible."

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

I may be able to help with that.
    Jit closes his eyes.
    You mentioned Nexus. Tell me about it.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

9. - Top - End - #489
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well it's where I was originally born. I lived next to the river on the outskirts of town but it was just a twenty minute drive to get to the city. My parents would always go to a place called Trog's Tavern but before they did they would drop me and my sisters at our friends house...I remember once going into Trog's Tavern. It was very busy and there were so many races that I had never seen before. It was amazing...if only I could go back there..."

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit nods as he listens, his eyes still closed.
    Do you mind if I make contact with your mind? The process is easier if I can draw on memories of the location. And I promise not to go snooping if you let me.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Hilly Plains

Waterstrider turns back to the corpse and begins beating at it with his fists and claws, tearing out massive chunks as he works out his anger on it. He doesn't think, unable to do so for now, and the sight of it fills Pathfinder with sorrow. The Shaman shakily makes his way over, a dozen feet away before speaking up. As soon as he even begins, Waterstrider shoves him to the ground with great speed, pinning him and breathing heavily as he raises a claw, ready to lash out. Only when Pathfinder looks right into his eyes does it cause his brother to pause. Slowly, the animalistic fury begins to fade as recognition enters his mind. The paw comes down, but instead of in anger, Waterstrider pulls his brother into a tight embrace, weeping as his form begins to settle down to it's original size once more.
    [Hilly Plains]

Lightning strikes the earth a short distance away, a bow is left, large enough that Waterstriders enraged form could have wielded it easily, though the Welfen would have trouble wielding it normally. Despite this, its massive size lends itself to being able to shoot arrows with extreme power. underneath is an ornate carving knife, enchanted in some way. if picked up, it'll reveal that it can shape to any given length the wielder wants.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    [Deep Woods]

Jit nods as he listens, his eyes still closed.
    Do you mind if I make contact with your mind? The process is easier if I can draw on memories of the location. And I promise not to go snooping if you let me.
    "O-ok," she says, hesitating slightly, "What should I do?"

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Hilly Plains

The two brothers don't say anything to one another, as words weren't needed for the moment. The scents of love, loss, fear, sadness, and happiness wafting from the both of them explained everything they needed to know to one another. Slowly, the two proceeded to scavenge their equipment, letting their tired and beaten bodies to rest a bit. Unfortunately, Pathfinder's spear is lost, and so is Waterstrider's one dagger, leaving the former with just his two knives, and the latter with a single flint hatchet. Once those were gone, they'd be left with nothing but their claws, fangs, and sheer inner strength.

Like the last time, they took the time and energy to crawl back into the corpse to find the creature's heart. While it's surely too large for them to eat all of it, they still gorge themselves during their ritual before crawling back out.

The two ignore the lightning and the weapons, not even pausing to examine them this time before wrapping an arm around one another, providing their brother with support as they slowly walked on to continue their hunt.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Orc in the Playground

Edge of the Woods

This place calls to a strange traveler, so far from it's home. The Bogeyman, as it was called by those who knew of it, had been walking for days, searching for a place to hunt. It hunts not for food, or to prove itself, but simply because that is why it was made. It's only purpose is to sow fear and disaster, and what better way than by stalking and killing any who come in it's way?

Civilization has shunned it, and after a few incursions Inside the Bogeyman realized that it would likely be killed by some rogue demigod without fulfilling it's purpose. Here, however, it can indulge in its blood-lust until it was sated. And that wouldn't be any time soon.

Standing over eight feet tall, it is a humanoid giant with green-grey skin. Twisted ivy creepers encircle its limbs, winding about it and forming living armor. Its face is covered by a wrought iron mask with no mark or feature upon it, and it wears a crown of brambles. Its arms end in warped metal shears, like giant black scissors that clack together constantly, twitching in time to it's movement. It walks with a slow, loping gait, as if conserving energy for the charge. Its masked face peers across the plane before it, searching for it's next prey. As it walks, the sky begins to darken, and fat droplets of rain fall to the dusty earth. The mere touch of this creature warps the world in strange ways, and rain heralds the coming slaughter.

It stops, observing the area. Before it, a hilly plane, open to the elements. Winning in that environment would be a matter of speed and good eyesight. Perhaps not the best place for a beast of darkness. But...
    Turning, the Bogeyman stares at the thick woodland to it's left. The trees call to it, drawing it into their dark embrace. Places to hide, shadows in which to stalk it's prey. The Woods it is.

Without a sound, the monster lopes into the forest, head low, sniffing the air with an unseen nose. Its bladed hands quiver in anticipation, readying themselves to tear through skin and bone. Snip. Snip.
    Last edited by Sneaky Weasel; 2012-05-28 at 04:30 AM.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    "O-ok," she says, hesitating slightly, "What should I do?"
    [Deep Woods]

Just stay calm and think about Nexus.
    Silver will feel a touch against her mind. It is gentle, not pushing or forcing, only going as far as she allows it to.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

16. - Top - End - #496
    Pixie in the Playground

(Deep Forest)
    Silver closes her eyes, thinking of every single detail she could remember of the tavern. It's been awhile since she's been there but she tries her best to remember whilst keeping her mind at ease, allowing Jit into her memories.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

After about 30 seconds, Jit opens his eyes.
    I've got it. I can lead us to that Tavern.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

18. - Top - End - #498
    Pixie in the Playground

(Deep Woods)
    "O-okay...how?" she asks, slightly confused.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit explains as best he can.
    I have the ability to find places. The more I know about them, the easier it is, and if I've been there, or experienced memories of the place, it gets even clearer and easier.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

Hills

(Sorry for wait.)

Thenadier grins. The demon was still alive. Good. At least he'd have someone to help finish off the cloud rams. He'll nod and fire another bullet before looking around and seeing which rams are left. Any still alive demon?

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

[Northwestern Plateaus]

For the first time in a long time, M'Kota of the House Kerpach is active in the wilderness. The half-Klingon has been gone for a long while, but after nursing herself back to health she is as strong and tough as ever. As she walks along the edges of the massive plateau, she unsheathes her bat'leth, and makes sure her disruptor pistol is fully charged.

As she looks for signs of any great beast, she recalls how a friend of hers stated that they would carve a name for themselves in this new land, and smiles. This place has indeed lived up to the challenge it had declared itself to be. And she is loving every minute of it.
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Let's Read the Monster Manual II!

Dwarf Cleric avatar by azuyomi244. Thanks!

Saurial Soulknife avatar by Serpentine. Thanks!

Warforged Fighter Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

22. - Top - End - #502
    Pixie in the Playground

(Deep Woods)
    Silver manages to understand Jit's explaination.
    "Okay, let's do it."
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-05-28 at 08:12 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Woods]

Jit breathes a bit. He'd worried she might start asking questions.
    Let's go then.
    Jit starts off towards Nexus, slowing his pace so Silver can keep up.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

24. - Top - End - #504
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Vantage Point

A little trigger happy, yes. Another trait bred and trained into the three, although Alpha is the least able to control his temper. This situation, allying with someone who attacked them not ten minutes ago, just does not sit well with him. The near-constant mental communications from One, egging him on, do not help either.

"Yes. Do you know of anything we can kill?"

Seeing that they're about to head off, First hops back up to his feet, slinging the pack over one shoulder. "If not, we can just head for the forest 'till we find something. That's where we're going anyway."

"Well if we go to Boletaria there are some nasty things over there but I warn you it will not be easy."
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

25. - Top - End - #505
    Bugbear in the Playground

Vantage Point

"Oh, really? And which way is it?" Obviously Alpha doesn't quite believe Red's estimation of difficulty. Although considering that Red's shown himself to be quite a fighter, he probably should.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Vantage Point]

"Boletaria is on the eastern edge of the hunting grounds. Over this way, Red points to where Jit ran away. If we move now we'll get there before night but that hardly matters in Boletaria. Lets Go! "

Red keeps his armor on in case of trigger happy issues.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

27. - Top - End - #507
    Pixie in the Playground

(Deep Woods)
    Silver follows Jit, trying to keep up with him whilst trying to remain calm seeing as tis is the first time she's ever done something like this.
    (Are they walking to the tavern or travelling by Silver's memories?)
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-05-29 at 11:59 AM.

28. - Top - End - #508

Vantage Point

Oh, he only has to worry about being shot if he provided a scenario where it could be considered something other than an outright attempt to kill him. Alpha's being pretty passive-aggressive 'bout this. Or at least as passive-aggressive as you can be about shooting someone in the back.

"Hope you're ready to march then."

And with that they're off, moving at a breakneck pace in the direction Red indicated. This is where their supersoldier modifications really come in handy too, cause not only can they run faster than any normal human, but alterations in how their bodies handle lactic acid fermentation mean they can keep it up aaaaaaall day.

Red might have to switch from child form to something a little more suited for running if he wants to keep up!
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

29. - Top - End - #509

Hills

Still lost in the hills, Gordon sits down. There are dangerous things out here, so taking a break to drink a healing potion is a good idea. After all, his tenchcoat is still stained with his blood, and the creatures out here can smell that.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Vantage point--->Boletaria]

Red sees the trio march in a rushed way. Red turns into an avian creature to keep up. After an encounter-less journey they reach Boltaria. In front of them they see a great opaque fog and a glowing green sword on stone.

"This is the entrance to Boletaria. Touching the sword will give you access to our quarry but I have to warn you three touching this will give you a Nexial Binding, trapping us here until our prey is dead. Do you still want to continue?"

The last part Red directs as a challenge to Alpha, if he decides to leave then Red will know him for a coward. hahahaha.......
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element