New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

Silver gazes at Jit.
    "Fine...I shall lead you too him but he lives in the darkest regions of the forest(the darkest region being the center of the forest) he'll have the advantage," Silver says walking past Jit and going back into the forests, "and don't expect me to watch fronm the sidelines."
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-05-30 at 09:55 AM.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

Jit follows her.
    Does that mean you're going to try to help, or you just aren't going to watch?
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Boletaria: Gate Bridge]

((We are not in another world. Boletaria can only be entered by touching the glowing sword on stone. The fog around it acts as a barrier so that people who don't know about do not get in Boletaria. We are still in the hunting grounds which is under Hircine's rule.

The triplets interest me, can you link me to their character page?))

"The courtyard's a dead end with some pretty good loot but the way into the castle is through the bridge. We'll have to open the gate from the side areas first though. Through that gate is Phalanx."

The shambling corpses continue to come at them in two more waves consisting of six members each. The first ones that attacked Alpha, One and First is dead if you can call the dead you killed as dead. Red killed his with a riposte.

Anyway the wave seems to be out of melee range at the moment. They are shambling nearer though, hoping to lunge when close enough. The broken swords they carry still hold a modicum of danger.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

4. - Top - End - #544
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well I have one head," she says showing him her apprentice, "I just need two more then we can have our last stand. I am going to fight but with the help of some of my friends..."

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

Jit lets the distance between them grow a bit more when she mentions needing more heads.
    Which friends are these?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

6. - Top - End - #546
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Rocky Spires

Atop a mountain, a man dressed in his Hunting gear climbed up a stone pillar high up on the mountain, carrying a shortsword, a small buckler, and a modified crossbow. Yolvich had waited for the day, he had trained for hours and days, finally getting confident in his aim. He had heard the call for hunters, and he had answered. He readied his crossbow, and waited- searching the skies for any flying creatures to fight.

((OOC: Anyone can feel free to be said wyvern! Just make sure it is a) mid-flight and b)not noticing Yolvich)
    Last edited by Hydranova; 2012-05-30 at 11:41 AM.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Bugbear in the Playground

Boletaria

((They don't have one. Also, were there any firebombs in the armory?))

"Courtyard then!"

Of course, first they'll need to break through the last two waves of enemies and that's not gonna be a picnic. Attrition is definitely against them.

Putting aside his shield Alpha grips the battle-ax in both hands for increased strength, while First trades twin daggers for the claymore he picked up. Then, on unspoken signal, they rush at the zombies, each ending their charge with a wide horizontal swing aimed to bowl over or outright kill as many as they can. Considering the broken swords the dreglings wield likely have terrible range, hopefully the two triplets will be able to take most of them out of action before they can land an attack in response.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Pixie in the Playground

"The ones I mentioned earlier. I know you don't need their help but...It was my parents that the demon killed...The heads would be used as a last resort to summon my friends from wherever they might be. Almost like teleportation," Silver suddenly stops, listening to what she's been saying and gives a sorrowful sigh.
    "This is why I don't use my powers. Once I do I tend to rely on it...but once the demon's dead I will cast away these abilities once and for all. I just wanted to be normal for once...but I guess I'm just asking for too much."
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-05-30 at 10:47 AM.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

Do you have any heads in mind? Do they need to be human heads?

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #550
    Pixie in the Playground

(Deep Woods)
    "Don't worry about that the demon should have several...he needs to absorb the soul of fifteen living people in order for him to become a human again, follow me," Silver says, headinig further into the woods.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-05-30 at 10:59 AM.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Jit follows her, bracing himself to try and control the beast.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #552
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Boletaria: Gate bridge]

((No, there were none in the armory. No healing grasses either.))

7 shambling corpses remain and they are swinging their weapons wildly and very fast. If that hits it should still hurt quite a bit. Red seems to be overlooked as he is small and backstabs one of the 7 with a spear laying around. A spear should be useful with his small size.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

13. - Top - End - #553

Boletaria

Thankfully, as the zombies were divided into waves only one of them is in proper range to catch First and Alpha off guard, the others just far enough to allow the brothers a split second to react before they reach them.

That sole surviving dregling from the second wave does get in a hit though. One, two strikes rebound off First's chainmail armor as the unlucky triplet tries in vain to parry the flailing assault he's been caught in, only for a lucky swing to find a seam in his armor and sink into the flesh below.

Alpha dives forward, wielding his kite shield as an improvised bludgeon to force the dregling back before putting it to use against the onrushing third wave's flailing charge. Needless to say, this is neither any easy task nor one that fails to take it's toll. Blow after blow strikes his shield, forcing Alpha to his knees and the wind from his lungs by the end, all his strength required to simply defend against the barrage. He could doubtless not survive another.

But with any luck he won't need to. In the blink of an eye the other two triplets rally to their weakened brother's defense, First bringing his claymore around in a wide sweep that goes right over Alpha's head, aimed to fell or force retreat from the dreglings nearest them. One, meanwhile, has disposed of his own assailants and is trying to swiftly circle round, rushing in to attack from the rear with his sickle should he succeed in that.

14. - Top - End - #554

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [The Desert]

And now to another place with sand.

Once the spots fade from his vision the Glacial Dragon goes into a power dive! With one claw he'll attempt to thwack the flying kid out of the air and simply pile-drive him into the earth! And in the same motion try to smash the gunslinger with his tail.

The bullets bite into the monster! But at that range gravity takes quite a toll on their ability to cause much harm. Better wait for the monster to get closer. Like, say, on the ground thrashing people.
    ((<_<...>_>...um...oops...))

Good thing Enola kept her eye on the dragon as much as she could. She could see him flying for her, which lets her act accordingly.

In this case, the action she decides on is...dodge roll!

She ends up in a crouch, facing the dragon. One hand on the dry ground, the other held up as if she had claws. Wait...um...it seems she does suddenly have claws. Huh.

The dark aura from before is growing around her again. Her features are slowly changing. For one, the duster seems to have disappeared. For another thing, electricity is starting to crackle around her.

Alright...been a while since I had a proper opponent. Guess I should make the best of it. She draws her revolvers a lot faster than before and starts rapid firing-them at the beast. Now being in closer range, they should do more damage.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

15. - Top - End - #555
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Boletaria: Gate Bridge----->Courtyard]

Theses are dreglings so they die pretty easy. They die from the four warriors various melee attacks.

With that done the souls from the defeated foes try to go into the four. One will notice that as the souls flow in they are divided between the four and they make you glow.

"A hundred and twenty souls from the lot of them, not bad. First you can see that some of the dead are glowing, you might get a few healing grasses from them. Eat it and it'll heal your minor wound."

Red walks towards the courtyard.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

16. - Top - End - #556

[The Desert]

Well.

All sorts of people shooting stuff at the dragon now isn't there? The weapons hurt a bit more now that they're at close range, though the monster's hide continues to be roughly as tough as steel. Chewing through that kind of armor with hand-weapons generally takes a while.

If only someone had the good sense to bring an anti-tank rocket with them. That would clear things up in no time!

Diinuldrum is starting to get pretty fed up with this bouncy little mortal avoiding all of his attacks. Also getting tired of getting shot in the rump by her. The dragon heaves his tail up in the air before bringing it down toward the gunslinger with incredible force, aiming to smash her like a bug!

Even if the attack misses the impact may be enough to knock her off her feet.

[Hoodoo Canyon]

It had taken some time to reach this place. And imagine Freddie's surprise when he found this strange canyon looming in his path. Great spires and walls of what can't really even be called stone due to their softness rise from the earth and tower toward the sky. The seem to have a nasty habit of crumbling when one climbs them...

However, the Huldra takes heart!

Since his fourth tail grew in Freddie has experienced a rather dramatic expansion of his abilities. Not just in the potency of his foxfire but in his agility as well.

The demon-fox leaps through the air as though gravity were taking only a passing interest in him, landing weightlessly atop and spire in a squatting position as he peers out across the alien panorama. This place is... breath-takingly beautiful.

It would be serene if not for the things trying to kill him.

The Huldra isn't even attempting to hide his nature at the moment. His four tails fan out behind him, gently swaying in the mountain breeze. His build is almost human, though the vulpine features are absolutely unmistakeable. Two backwards curving horns adorn the Huldra's head just behind his foxy ears.

As the wind plays in his nostrils the demon-fox licks his teeth in anticipation. What interesting things will he be eating today?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

17. - Top - End - #557

The Desert

With the dragon's attempted piledriver maneuver no doubt kicking up a huge amount of sand, the triplets suddenly find their view of the fight more than a little impaired. Between the impromptu smokescreen and the already considerable distance, all they can clearly see amidst the chaos is the dragon's hulking silhouette, making the previous plan of crippling the dragon's limbs one by one via concentrated fire rather impractical.

So instead they just start firing. The dragon is a pretty big target after all and they've got a rough idea of where it's center of mass should be, so they point their guns in that direction and fire full auto 'till they're out of bullets or something stops them. Then it's back to hiding behind the rocks to reload!

Boletaria

First sets to searching the 'dead' dreglings for those healing herbs Red mentioned, making sure to give any that are still twitching a stab or two to make sure they stay dead.

One and Alpha follow after Red, the latter still trying to shake the numbness from his arms and wincing a little at the stinging protests his battered muscles send up in response. But bruised and battered as they might be, all three of them wear the most vicious, blood-thirsty grins on their identical mugs. Only a few seconds in and already a fight for their lives, with the even lowest foes the hunt has to offer proving formidable. This is their kinda place.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mountain Path

Wait we are in a canyon? That's it! Tovpir will go dig up into these canyons walls. He plans to let the walls fall into the canyon. with what he knows of his enemy this should after all give him an advantage or the winning situation.

This process sure needs time and Tovpir will start a bit away from Adir. If he sense Adir climbing out the Canyon he will stop and react, but until then he continues.
    He's digging out the walls of the canyon? Considering they're part of the mountain, that could take a while. However, depending on the rate at which Tovpir burrows through stone, and the accuracy with which he hits part of the canyon walls, he can likely bring a pair of rockslides down within... hm. Ten or twenty minutes, perhaps?

By that time, Adir is waiting atop one side of the canyon, standing and watching for his enemy.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #559

Mountain Path

As I mentioned when Adir is going to climb up (Which I wasn't sure since bound up made no sense here.) Tovpir will react. He will try to let the edges atop the canyon colaps, because if he is fast enough he could hit the climbing man or, if luck enough Adir will fall down with the stones.If Adir is that fast he sure will notice what Tovpir plans. That way he is faster, but can't go unnoticed.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

20. - Top - End - #560
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Boletaria: courtyard]

The dreglings gave 12 crescent moon herbs, perfect for light wounds. At the courtyard was a number of lootable corpses and Red went to the middle. This unfortunately attracted some attention. 5 Red spirit-like but very solid human foes surrounded him.

"I'm a bit out numbered here."

Red calls out to Alpha, First and One while dodging swords unfortunately his guard broke and a few hits got his front. It bruised but no flesh wound.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

21. - Top - End - #561
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    Jit follows her, bracing himself to try and control the beast.
    Silver continues into the woods which get darker as they get closer to the demon. The trees get taller and their bushes cover the trees causing huge masses of shade and darkness. She looks back at Jit, ensuring that he's following her. She looks down at the skulls forming a path ahead, grabbing two of them and putting them into her pouch. She smells the air, "Something's coming..." she whispers, signaling Jit to halt. A tall figure is shown coming from the dark forest. "An undead ogre..."
    Silver brings out her bow and arrow, making sure that the tip of the arrow contains some of her blood. She fires the arrow causing it to stick into the stomach of the large beast. At first it manages to continue walking but it suddenly comes to a halt, gazing at its stomach to see Silver's blood slowly posessing the body of the undead. It attempts to fight against it but within minutes it bows down to Silver. She climbs on it then waves her hands at Jit to hop on as well.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-05-31 at 05:22 AM.

22. - Top - End - #562

Boletaria- Gate Bridge

Curious, First pops one of the crescent herbs in his mouth and chews. Not bad. Minty, but kind of vanilla-y as well. Better yet, when he checks to make sure that the herb has the healing properties Red claimed, First finds that not only has the cut in his side been healed but done so without leaving the slightest scar or twinge of pain in it's wake. Not bad at all.

No time to see what else these stiffs might have on them though, as he can see through his brother's eyes what trouble the others have gotten into and has to rush to catch up to them in the courtyard. Never a dull moment.

Boletaria- Courtyard

"Damnit." Not only do these enemies look much tougher than the last, but Red just had to go and draw them all into a cluster where they'll have the advantage of numbers as well. A good fight was one thing, this is just a lack of common sense.

Concoting and coordinating their tactics in the blink of an eye, the two brothers split up and rush towards the enemy from opposite sides in a perfectly symmetrical flanking maneuver.

One tries to lunge in and slice at one of the specter's with his sickle, before quickly darting back the moment he has ther attention. Hopefully one or two of the phantoms will break away from the rest to attack him, taking some pressure off of Red. Alpha tries much the same, although substituting a shield bash for an actual attack so that he's not forces to lower his guard for an instant.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-05-31 at 02:47 AM.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Boletaria: Courtyard]

hey! It wasn't Red's fault that he didn't know that going to the pile of lootable bodies would end up in an ambush completely surrounded.

Red keeps his defensive stance this time making sure that his stamina doesn't blow over. The Phantoms are easily aggroe'd so two go near one both in waiting for a parry, that would hurt like hell if One gets baited. Alpha manages to guard break the one he hit so advantage there. Red stil had to deal with two remaining foes. He uses a shield and spear formation that irritates the foes, ah only if this was an electric spear!
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    Silver continues into the woods which get darker as they get closer to the demon. The trees get taller and their bushes cover the trees causing huge masses of shade and darkness. She looks back at Jit, ensuring that he's following her. She looks down at the skulls forming a path ahead, grabbing two of them and putting them into her pouch. She smells the air, "Something's coming..." she whispers, signaling Jit to halt. A tall figure is shown coming from the dark forest. "An undead ogre..."
    Silver brings out her bow and arrow, making sure that the tip of the arrow contains some of her blood. She fires the arrow causing it to stick into the stomach of the large beast. At first it manages to continue walking but it suddenly comes to a halt, gazing at its stomach to see Silver's blood slowly posessing the body of the undead. It attempts to fight against it but within minutes it bows down to Silver. She climbs on it then waves her hands at Jit to hop on as well.
    Jit clambers up.
    Interesting mode of transportation.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

25. - Top - End - #565

[Desert]

Boy, that dragon really wants Enola to become a pancake, huh?

Enola does indeed dodge the tail again. But, she misjudged the power of the hit, and doesn't quite escape the shockwave. It sends her rolling forwards a ways. When she stops, she lifts herself up, dusts herself off, and cracks her neck a little.

The dark aura grows stronger, and her appearance changes. Her skin starts turning all black, as do her clothes. The electricity around her grows in intensity until it creates its own aura. In a matter of seconds, Enola resembles a person-shaped hole in a field of electricity. None of her features can be seen except for white eyes and newly sharpened teeth.

Enola quickly darts forward, aiming to drive a clawed hand right into the dragon's side. The force of her strike is usually enough to get through iron and rock. If she manages to hit, regardless of whether she punctures the armor or not, the electricity around her will try to move to the dragon and electrocute it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

26. - Top - End - #566
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [The Desert]

And now to another place with sand.

Once the spots fade from his vision the Glacial Dragon goes into a power dive! With one claw he'll attempt to thwack the flying kid out of the air and simply pile-drive him into the earth! And in the same motion try to smash the gunslinger with his tail.

The bullets bite into the monster! But at that range gravity takes quite a toll on their ability to cause much harm. Better wait for the monster to get closer. Like, say, on the ground thrashing people.
    Thank-goodness for sand!

Or thank a really large red dragon for tough, titanium-reinforced bones.

Either way, the only injuries Ruber sustains is a tear across his stomach (as I'm supposing the dragon has claws), and huge scrapes... oh, more or less everywhere. But the stabbing pain when he tries to breathe reminds him that he has a dragon still looming over him. That's okay. Dragons don't need to breathe.

Or is that Rakshasa's don't need to breathe?

...Or maybe he isn't thinking straight at all, 'cause he's fairly sure his lungs are aching. The lack of rational thought is probably something to do with the blood leaking from him in torrents.

In other words, he's out of the fight for a little while, at least until the world stops spinning, and he can morph again.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

27. - Top - End - #567
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

It had started off small, coinciding with the beast's wakefulness.
    A meager gathering of clouds above the mountains, lazily drifting around each other, only showing the barest beginnings of agitation.

As more clouds gather around the mountain's peak, they begin to darken, become unstable, the faintest dripping of rain begins.

It stays this way for a time, as the swirling clouds grow and grow, spreading further out from the mountain in nearly heartbeat pulses.
    Yet still only a light drizzle of rain.

The sky has become a blanket of gray, gently wet clouds stretching for miles in every direction, indolently rotating around a single point in the mountains.

Something changes in the clouds nearest the center, at their darkest, as the smallest of thunder rumbles issues forth.
    It rumbles on and on, gaining pitch and transforming into a shrieking roar, heralding an end to peace.

A large beast launches out of the mountain, from some hidden cave, surging up into the lazy weather's eye.
    Lazy no more, as it turns a deep threatening black in the wake of the passing monster, the clouds seizing up momentarily, before beginning to surge more violently around their focal point.

Thunder rumbles again.
    The now-quickly-swirling eye begins to spread outwards, the rest of the cloud-cover becoming angrier and angrier.
    It is only a short time before the rest of the sky itself is full of tumultuous rage, now violently throwing rain down upon the earth below, tearing down at it with hateful winds.

Far beyond a simple lightning storm, the weather steps in the bounds of natural catastrophe.
    Heaven's wrath upon those below.

There is a point of calm, as with any storm, at the eye.
    But here a beast resides, roars rising above the thunder.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #568

Boletaria- Courtyard

Yes, but last the triplets checked Red still had eyes. Unless these phantoms sprung from nowhere he might have used them.

Alpha chops at the phantom with his axe, an opportunistic strike to take advantage of the specter's temporary disbalance rather than one with much power behind it. He stays on the retreat, keeping an eye both on his foe and his surroundings as he backs up against the courtyard wall.

One doesn't even try to make another attack, not recognizing the maneuver the phantoms are planning but simply seeing that they are planning something should he try. Besides, One doesn't need to attack. He just needs to keep the specters busy with him long enough for First to sneak up and drive two daggers into the back of the already wounded phantom.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Dwarf in the Playground

Boletaria: Courtyard

Yeah maybe they did pop out of nowhere! either that or i failed a spot check....?

Well, Alpha may take awhile fighting since he went on a retreat the phantom used a halfmoon grass. Any damage that was done to the phantom was gone and he kept his shield up while advancing on him. First manages to do a backstab with two daggers which ended up in a critical blow. The phantom fades
    and leaves a shiny item drop. The other phantom circles and tries to backstab First. One of the phantoms Red was poking continuously with a spear died. While the other is lightly wounded.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

30. - Top - End - #570

[Desert]

Bullets and lightning and choking on blood, oh dear!

The dragon gives a rumbling roar of pain as a fist-sized hole gets clawed through its flank! That hurts a lot. Of course, the dragon is pretty big. But that sort of injury is still pretty serious! And he seems to be getting really frustrated at this point.

"You have drawn my ire, mortal,"
    the monster rumbles as he swings his whole body around to swat the little lightning-powered tramp away. "Congratulations on that. Allow me to properly introduce myself!"

Hmm... The way he says that sounds... bad.

"DIIN!"

The first word sends a deathly chill racing through the air around the beast. What little moisture is in the air begins to crystallize out as snow. It has become cold enough that the bite of the air might be physically painful to the unprotected.

"UL!"

At the second word time itself seems to slow to a crawl. Those near the dragon may find their movements and perceptions become sluggish.

"DRUM!"

The Peace of Frozen Eternity.

It looks like a massive bomb just detonated at the dragon. Though instead of searing heat and crushing force there is instead biting frost, roaring wind, and driving sleet. Those caught in the blast may find themselves frozen not only in ice but in time as well.

The triplets should be far enough away to avoid the devastating results of the dragon's Name, though those caught in melee might not be quite so lucky.

[Hoodoo Canyon]

Hmm... Well...

Nothing forthcoming just yet. At least nothing aside from a few buzzards circling overhead.

Freddie is somewhat surprised. He had encountered several pretty horrible creatures on his way here. Like that weird bear that seemed to be part owl. He had killed the thing. Devoured its liver and heart. Though oddly enough wasn't able to take its soul. Which struck him as pretty odd.

Oh well.

Can't gain power here. Though at the very least he can cut loose a bit! It'll be fun!

That is...

If anything tries to pounce on him.

The Huldra's tails twitch behind him as he perches atop a spire, watching the bleak and strangely beautiful landscape cautiously.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.