New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

On The Beach

Mercutio cries out in pain, hanging limply by his wrists as Jakob crushes his hands. Now that he's no longer focusing on the spell, his bound swords collapse into strings of runic light, winding their way back up his wrists. They return to their tattoo form, as if they had never moved. Pain shoots up his arms as he can feel his fingers and hands breaking under the pressure of Jakob's grasp. There wasn't much he could do, now, Mercutio was out of tricks. His tail was sharp-edged but not strong or sharp enough to help, and he couldn't teleport with someone touching him. Only one last gambit.
    "Wait!" He cries out, voice strained. "Wait! I can help you! You don't - you don't stand anything to gain from killing me!"
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Behind A Tree; Inside the Forest

The man hides behind the tree solemnly. He's silently moving. Hunting for whatever this place could send at him. . He had decided to come here to challenge himself. He had been sucked into jumanji a gem for seven years. He had lived on wit and strength. He looks over to the beach for a second. Thenadier glared at...the sand? Yes. He's glaring at the sand. Thenadier doesn't trust the sand. When he was imprisoned, there was nothing but sand. Sand to walk on, sand to drink, sand to sleep on. Plus, creatures lived under the sand. Predators that could gobble up an unwary traveler. He turns away and travelled down a path. His long navy coat is ripped at the bottom, and the gold outlines and cuffs are old and faded. His grey hair still sticks in a tight ponytail though, and his face remains almost unchanged. Thenadier wouldn't age. His time locked in that realm had made him untouchable by the effects of time. An unforgiving stab of a knife could still kill him though. His mind and body has been ripped apart 7 years ago when he was possessed by a demon, and incinerated by Tobias. The magic of the gem still brought him back to life. He had cheated death, sometimes things do come back. Then was living proof of it. He wears a long black hat that covered his face from the sun. Something might come across him.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Near the Beach

Jakob doesn't cease his collection of mist until it has already taken a solid form, that of an enormous scythe-bladed claw topping a many-jointed limb that seems to sprout from his chest. Once that is complete, he simply grins widely and pauses a moment, scythe poised to strike out at Mercutio's heart.

"Speak little beast, and tell me how little I have to gain. You might not die forever, since you have proved your worth, so why not accept your death now, and hope to fight again later?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #34

Near the Beach

Oh dear. Now Mercutio has to deal with the obliteration of his hands and a scythe one twitch away from turning his chest into a cave. This whole expedition really wasn't turning out as well as he'd hoped.
    "What can you gain from killing me?" Mercutio insists through gritted teeth. "Look at how quickly you defeated me. The Goddess won't be impressed by that. I was hardly - guh - I was hardly a threat! But I'm a transmuter! I can use my magic on your body, make it stronger than you can on your own. Think of all the things you can fight! All you have to do is let me go!"

Inside the Forest

Thenadeir doesn't get far into the forest before the trees suddenly open up around him. He finds himself walking into a small clearing. In the centre is a nest made of dried mud and sticks, which is filled with white eggs with green spots. On top of the eggs is a large lizard of some sort. She has green scales, with white on her belly that pushes up to her cheeks. Her head is rather large, with a big round snout and red spikes that bristle from the back of it. Her back is protected by a large red bone-shell and she has a short and stubby tail.

As Thenadeir arrives in her little glen, she lifts her head and lets out a low, warning growl that grows into a high-pitched, keening cry.
    She probably just alerted the other members of her pack of him. Thenadeir may want to leave.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

5. - Top - End - #35

Near the Beach

"You think you can make me stronger? You have no idea what my strength is little beast. I have come here, handicapped to make my kills all the more worthwhile." Jakob leans in, coiling his third arm so that the tip doesn't move any closer to his opponent.

"You have not seen a fraction of my real power." The words are breathed out, full of menace and bloodlust as an almost palpable miasma slips from between his lips.

Jakob opens his hands, bleeding wounds dripping blood freely like some parody of a stigmata, letting Mercutio go free.

"Fight or flee little one! If you fight, maybe you will prove more worthy, or even get the better of me. If you flee, Jakob will not chase you, but he will remember your face. Next time he sees you no goddess will wish to bring you back from where he sends you."
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Jurassic Park Clearing

Thenadier frowns. That's a big lizard. Obviously, she's guarding her eggs. Hmm. Not a very large foe. A well placed bullet to the belly could easily dispatch it. But, when multiple came and swarmed him, which he guessed was imminent considering this was a hunt. He wouldn't let some lizards beat the man that had survived the horrors of his own nightmares. He unsheathes a long rifle. It looks like an old hunting rifle one would expect from a big game hunter from Africa. But, it's slim and black. A killing machine. He had many other pistols and his cane. He could handle a pack of glorified geckos just fine. But he knew not to underestimate the pack. He aims the gun and fires a bullet straight for the female lizard's chest. Anywhere where her shell didn't cover that he could shoot at basically. *Bang!*

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wandering about the Grounds

Well that didn't work out with Catherine back at the black dragon's den maybe he'll find some fun here. Red wanders about waiting for a beast who may outwardly see a small defenseless snack of him. It would be funny to see the hunter become the hunted and now Red waits.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

8. - Top - End - #38

[Skies Above]

Wing beats.

Icy wing beats carrying with them the chill of death.

It was the power of those here that drew his attention. Powerful spirits to overcome and enslave. And those that witness his glorious combat will no doubt magnify his Name!

So it isn't just prey that Diinuldrem seeks. But prey and an audience.

The monster's whole body is shod in thick scales of Blue Ice, glistening in the light and scraping against each other with a sound like a glacier grinding against bedrock. His form is smooth over most of his underside, though his back and wings are stark white and angular like the top of an ice-sheet, the glow of blue ice shining between the fissures.

The massive Glacial Dragon wheels through the sky, a trail of snow drifting to the earth in his wake. With a cruel smile the beast opens his mouth and gives a shout that echoes through the Hunting Grounds.

"Diinuldrem issues you challenge be you man or beast! Come test your might against my Name and let us see who prevails!"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #39

[Edge of Desert]

The woman sees the shadow of something large in the sky pass over her. She looks up and quickly finds the Glacial Dragon. She lets out a low whistle as she watches it. Well now...I'd thought I'd be done with surprises by now.

Then she hears its call to those in the Hunting Grounds. She guess that she isn't the only one in the area. Which means she better keep an eye out for potential threats.

All of a sudden, there's an aura of power around her. Dark, ancient power. She tilts her head a little, as if listening to a whisper next to her. When she straightens her head again, the aura vanishes.

Alright. If that's what you want.

She reaches for something on her right hip, under her sleeveless duster, and pulls out a black revolver. She pulls the hammer back and aims it at the dragon. Now, a dragon probably would barely notice a shot from a normal revolver, even if it was in range of the weapon. However, this was not a normal weapon by any means.

The woman aims for the creature's wing, fires, and a burst of energy similar to the aura fires out, headed straight for the dragon. This energy is able to wound demons, so odds are good that if it hits, the dragon will notice.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Wolfen at the Cave]

Once the creature realizes what the Wolfen brothers are trying to do, it does something a bit more drastic, and tosses itself at the cliff wall, back first. this will happen immediately after Waterstrider lands, so they will likely not have the chance to enact their attacks before having to save themselves from being crushed.
    Wolfen At The Cave

When the beast rears up, it's fairly obvious what the thing is about to do, but that doesn't mean that the action would be any less lethal if it they failed to avoid it. Both Wolfen let go and drop as it throws itself back. Pathfinder has longer to fall, being near the head, so is clipped by the monster's arm, sending him reeling for a moment, dizzied by the blow, but Waterstrider crouches as soon as he hits the ground, getting under the limbs before spinning and rising with a roar. His phantom paw reaches out in an attempt to disembowel it and his claws should easily be able to slice through the flesh.

11. - Top - End - #41

[At the Edge of the Desert]

This is possibly the best place to fight the dragon if you want an edge. The dry air means there will be little moisture for it to create ice from. Which means its options will be a bit more limited. But that won't stop the huge monster from being a complete nightmare to take down.

The energy blast strikes him in the wing! And most certainly catches his attention. Though Rebo isn't sure what the energy beam is supposed to do. Does it smash holes through stuff? Burn things? Rot flesh? Depending on how it works it'll have a different effect on the dragon.

As soon as the attack strikes true Diinuldrem cranes his neck to peer at the puny human down on the ground and wheels about to face her. "Are you brave or fool-hearty, little meal? Let us find out together!"

He drops into a dive and opens his jaws, letting loose what looks like a massive steam of bubble-filled water. Upon striking any surface the water will splash dramatically and then freeze whilst still in mid air. The end result will be lengthy line of car-sized razor-sharp ice crystals all over the ground.

If the woman is caught in the attack she may find herself locked in an icy prison.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-05-10 at 11:12 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

[Edge of Desert]

The energy is mostly force, with some electrical properties. Could burn, if hit with a large enough blast.

When the question is asked, Enola grins and slides the front edge of her hat up slightly. Whichever one lets me take you down.

When he drops, she swiftly leaps from the horse and runs to the side, still facing him. She's fast for a human. She pulls out another revolver and starts firing as she runs, aiming for his wings again. She swerves as she runs, but stays in a mostly direct line to her right. She swears as the ice spears hit near her, but she doesn't stop running.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #43

[Edge of the Desert]

There was a sound akin to crunching snow and shattering ice when the blast of energy sheers a hole through the dragon's wing-membrane. Given that he isn't grounded the electrical element really won't do much of anything. And the heat most certainly won't either.

If the woman jumped off the horse to avoid the dragon's breath there's a good chance that the poor animal is frozen and/or impaled on ice spikes now. The swath of icy death created by the dragon's attack is quite wide and the woman's superior agility will certainly help her avoid it.

Getting hit is almost certain death.

Diinuldrem swoops back up into the sky after his dive, another beam punching a hole in his wing. A second strikes him in his underbelly and sends fractures spider-webbing across the scale, but otherwise doesn't seem to cause much harm.

He'll fly off to quite a distance, before turning back toward his prey and hovering, held aloft by strong wing-beats and a sourceless icy wind.

The dragon tries to position himself so that the woman will be between himself and the line of ice on the ground. And once her eyes are on him the clever monster focuses on the frost.

The ice crystal nearest the gun-slinger suddenly explodes violently, sending six massive ice-shards arcing toward her with deadly speed and precision.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

[Edge of desert]

((@KerfuffleMach2 - care for some help? If not, I'll put RUber somewhere else, it's okay.))

Nothing draws a rakshasa quite like the promise of bloodshed and a good, challenging fight.

Which is how Ruber finds himself inside the Hunting Grounds several hours after the Call, and also how he finds himself scanning the skies for the source of the voice.

The small child couldn't appear less threatening. With an angled elven face, huge chocolate-colored eyes and dressed in various scraps of fur, he could only be described as adorable. But then again, it was a bane of a hunter to look threatening, or so he'd always considered. Intimidation was overrated, lulling the opponent into a belief that he was harmless worked much better for him.

"I see a drag-gon!" He smiles to himself. Dragons were fun.

Good, he hasn't had a tussle with a fellow dragon for a long time, after he'd been banished for slaying his sister in what had been a totally fair fight.

For a minute he does nothing but walk quietly towards them, watching the fight, his tiny hand creeping to the concealed dragon-steel dagger at his belt, and readying a ward spell against what looks to be potentially lethal ice.

“Heyyy dragon!” N'aaaaww, judging by his voice, the morph he's picked cannot be much older than the human equivalent of seven. Adorable, but a little creepy when it's considered that he had to kill a kid of that age to gain the morph...
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

15. - Top - End - #45

[Edge of Desert]

((Sure. Though, don't expect Enola to act too grateful.))

Enola isn't worried about the horse much. She goes through them pretty often.

Poor horse.

When the dragon starts hovering, Enola stops running and shooting, curiosity getting to her. She keeps her guns aimed at him, though. And watches carefully.

Course, she really has no way of knowing what he's about to do.

Which means when the ice explodes, she isn't prepared for it. She does react quickly, though. She whips around to face it, then moves to dodge what she can, and shoot what she can't dodge. She's fast, at both the dodging and the shooting. Hover, she still gets her arm caught by the edge of one of the shards, probably cutting her and leaving a nice wound there.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

16. - Top - End - #46

[Edge of the Desert]

The dragon leers a rather nasty leer when Enola gets caught by his trap. The same trick probably won't work again and so he decides to make the most of it while the woman is still off balance.

*CRSSHH!*

*CRSSHH CRSSHH!*

Three more crystals burst, again hurling their shards at the gun-slinger! Diinuldrem's breath requires some time to build up again and he sees no real reason to move down into melee range with the woman. Not yet at least. He'll soften her up a bit first before swooping down and devouring her.

And then another target presents itself!

...a kid with a knife.

Seriously?

A knife really isn't that much of a threat to a massive dragon several hundred feet up in the air. At least so goes Diinuldrem's reasoning. He'll begin to circle again, reading himself to make another strafing run with his deadly frost breath.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    The arrow pierces the leg but one shot was not going to cut it. three to four more may do the trick.

Grantz attacks the back left leg that was weakened by fire with a lunge. The lunge cracks the shell of the leg. Three more to go.

Frenzied by the pain Shen Gaoren Stomps with its three remaining good legs. Grantz stumbles and falls on his face, Dionysus is unharmed due to float, Cerberus gets crushed underneath a leg. Chimera manages to steady itself.

The claws also go wild and may hit anyone up high who gets stumbled by the stomping legs.
    Adir leaps from his ledge to the next, nimbly evading one of the swinging claws. It likely annihilates the stone outcropping where he stood not a moment before.

He draws another long, deadly missile and sets it free an instant later, aiming for the beast's limb. The stag will repeat this process, and over the course of a few seconds, several more arrows hiss toward the beast's vulnerable joints. Well, as vulnerable as such things can be when the quarry's entire body is armored.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

[Edge of the desert]

Considering the knife was concealed, then the target would be simply a kid.

"Oooh, love the scale color." Ruber admires, still the child. His own were far too odd for his tastes.

Well, the dragon didn't look as though it was going to land, so maybe he ought to go meet it? 'course, that would ruin his sweet child act. But that's okay, it worked with some creatures, it didn't with others. Though a still-small target would be better than a large one.

Which all equaled down to his decision to only morph his pair of element-resistant leathery wings, which shred the back of his fur draping as they extend from his back. Remembering to hollow his bones before kicking off, he flies a few meters into the air, "Heyyy dragon, look! I look like you!"

...nooooo, he doesn't.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-05-11 at 12:21 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

[Edge of Desert]

This time, Enola's attention is on the shards. And with the new ones coming from further away, she has more time to dodge and shoot. Her arm is still bleeding, but she ignores it.

One might notices that her blood is darker than normal, and evaporates quickly when it hits the ground.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

20. - Top - End - #50

Clearing

Thenadir raises his rifle.
    Aims it at the mother.
    Fires.

The bullet hits her, and the kinetic force knocks her off her nest. With a pained cry, she falls back onto the ground.

A moment passes, the only sound that of the gunshot's echo fading away. Everything is eerily still.
    And then, from out of the underbrush, comes a high-pitched screech. And another. And a third. Three more lizards spring out of the bushes, surrounding Thenadir in a semi-circle. Two on either side, one behind him. The one to his right twists his head to the side, then turns it sharply to face front. In the motion it opens it's mouth to reveal a huge jaw, easily large enough bite off Thenadir's head. But perhaps more concerning is the fact that the lizard is now hurling it's tongue at the hunter. Or rather, the hunter's rifle. Unless there's some intervention, the lizard's tongue will wrap around the rifle and yank it out of Thenadir's hands. The other two will leap at him, brandishing sharp, hooked claws and long, needle-like teeth.

Near the Beach

And so Mercutio falls from Jakob's grip, hitting the sand like a discarded ragdoll. For several long moments, he lays there. His yellow goat-eyes stare dully up at the sky, clouded with pain. His hands hurt badly, but he knew that he could fix them with his magic.

Finally, the devil pushes himself up first into a sitting position and then onto his feet. His arms hang limply by his sides. Mercutio raises his gaze until he meets the great brute's eyes. "You would be a fool to turn away my services," he says, breathing heavily. "Perhaps they are not formidable yet, but with the two of us? Working together? They'll grow more powerful than you can imagine. All you have to do is find a beast who's powers you want and kill it, and then I can grant you those powers. You may be strong now but with my help you'll exceed your wildest dreams.

"It's your choice. At your word I will either walk away or walk behind you. If you accept me you will gain the greatest ally you have ever had. If you turn me away, then when you next see me I will have become your own personal nightmare."
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

21. - Top - End - #51

Near the Beach

"Haha! You give me hope for a better challenge to come little beast, and I hope you only die in ways the Huntress finds worthy. Remember this though, I will always be evolving, so you had best never stop yourself." Jakob's grin stretches impossibly wide, teeth bulging out and fusing together into a hinged mass of bone and sinew that pushes his lifeless lips out of the way, revealing a large, buglike head perhaps three times too large to have been hidden beneath his skull. His left shoulder bulges, distorting grotesquely for a moment before the other follows suit.

It soon becomes apparent as to what the bulges are after a moment as two more beaks, and then full heads, break the skin with a pair of sickening squelches. A rippling change flows down both of the arms, turning them into similarly wicked scythes as the one sticking out of his chest.

As his legs begin to entwine with each other and fuse into a single, sinuous tail, he speaks again, a deep reverberation echoing out caused by three mouths speaking in unison.

"Keep changing and growing little beast, and when we meet on the fields of battle, come to me as a titan, with long stride and boundless death as your hallmarks."

22. - Top - End - #52

Desert

Out on the wide expanse of the desert proper, hidden amidst an outcropping of boulders that jut from the dry desert sand like the claws of some long buried beast, three figures idly watch the dragon battle it's two assailants. Pretty sweet fight all in all. Only one of them is actually even looking in that direction, using the scope of his magnetic-powered rifle as a makeshift telescope to get a better view of the ongoing combat's subtleties, the other two simply relying upon him to relay the battle through their mental link as they pack up the tents and camping equipment.

None of the three could really say why they were here. After the battle for Thessalonia was won and they'd collected their coin they simply wandered, using the pay from the mercenary work to buy the ammo and camping supplies they needed from small towns along the way, hunting and exploring until somehow they found their way here.

So far, it was shaping up to be a pretty sweet place, although the desert was too hot and lacking in cover for a proper hunting grounds. In fact, they were just preparing to head into the forest when all this dragon nonsense started up.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Open area]

The arrows shatter the lower right leg making the shen gaoren's back legs weak.
    Grantz recovers from the earlier shockwave and heads to the front left leg along with his two remaining demons.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Forest

Jaren tromps through the forest, trying to find some sort of settlement. The forest is calm and pleasant enough. Sunlight filters down through the interwoven canopy, casting spots of light on the moss and shrubs below. In the distance, he can hear some sort of bird-song, but it's doubtful he'll be able to recognize the species.

Suddenly, the serene atmosphere is interrupted as a flock of shrieking, white birds bursts out of the trees ahead of him and take to the sky. Jaren can hear the very ground shaking under his feet. The vibration extends to the trees ahead of him, which being to quiver in time with the rhythmic stomping from ahead.
    Jaren raises an eyebrow.
    "Well, that's not good."

He extends his right palm, and a small object slides into it out of his sleeve. Jaren whiplashes the hilt through the air, causing the collapsible longsword to extend to its full length. At the same time, he grabs a pistol from the holster on his belt, and takes cover behind a nearby tree, scanning the wilderness for an attacker.

25. - Top - End - #55

[The Desert]

Okay.

Flying kid with a hidden knife. That's different!

The dragon's attention is still on Enola's attention for the time being, swooping in low once again to straif her with another stream of ice breath. The effect is much the same, covering the ground in jagged car-sized ice crystals and sealing anything caught in the area of effect within a frozen tomb.

And as before getting caught by the attack would be terrible for someone's health.

Hmmm...

It seems that if Ruber wants the lizards attention he's going to have to do something a lot more dramatic than just yelling at it.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Clearing

Thenadier lets his gun get stolen. It was worthless in this fight. Instead, he snaps out his cane, which transforms into a jagged ebony blade in midair. His sword was magical, and could turn into any weapon The Ex-Inspector wanted. He growls back at the pack. Turning slowly. Swinging his sword violently as a warning. In his other hand he holds his special pistol he bought from Mallside. Grawr! Rawr! Stay. Thenadir growls, waiting for a second as they pounce. He then ducks and thrusts his sword at the lizards who probably collide in midair, and fires at the rifle-stealing one.

27. - Top - End - #57

[Forest 2.0]

From far away hunters may here a summing like bees do when passing your ear. Sometimes people may see a green cloud flying at the heads of the tree. These clouds are a swarm of strange creatures. Fist size insect each looking like big wesps. There cirin in a dark green while they hunt in clouds. And they hunt well. People may see how the bigger swarms kill magical beasts like an owl bear or very young dragons while smaller swarms hunt for wolfs and a like. They carry them back deep into the forest where their nest should be.

Whoever stands in their way might met there strings.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

[Desert]

Well, that's okay. It's time Ruber did something anyways. So far he's been far less violent than usual.

Flying directly up to him is out of the question. So what about a breath attack, then? Seems like his dragon blood oughta be worth something!

Ah, Ruber does enjoy playing 'select-an-element'.

Lightening? The energy attack from the woman didn't seem to do much.
    Ice? Definitely not.
    Water? Would freeze into ice.
    Fire?

...Fire...

Taking a deep breath in, Ruber touches his Core. Firefirefirefirefire!

...light???

Damn dragon breath never worked as he wanted. He was better off before the blood.

Still, the light isn't useless, and he's skilled enough to direct it as it erupts in a blinding white beam from his mouth. And he directs it at Diinuldrem's eyes.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-05-11 at 01:03 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Near The Beach

Mercutio watches as his aggressor's very skin peeled away, a chill running down his spine as Jakob's true form is revealed. The devil isn't quite as mortified as Jakob may have hoped. After all, the hell-realm he came from was populated by greater devils and demons whose forms were equally fearful. He'd even served under a few of them in his youth.
    That was enough, though, that Mercutio knew to be very humbled. He was lucky to be alive. The rules of this plane were probably the only thing that let him escape with his soul intact.
    And he would have to become very powerful if he wanted any hope of overcoming this wholly alien beast.

"Very well," he says, backing away. "I take my leave. But you will do well to remember that a devil never forgets his debts." Ignoring the pain from his crushed and mangled hands, Mercutio retrieves his coat from the upturned log he had left it on. With his gaze still levelly focused on Jakob, the devil vanishes in a puff of acrid blue smoke.

Forest

The stomping grows heavier and louder. So heavy, in fact, that Jaren can feel it in his gut. It dislodges leaves from their trees, falling to the ground like thick green rain.

Soon it builds to a crescendo. The tree Jaren hides behind quivers so violently that an errant branch nearly hits him upside the head. A tree ahead of him suddenly cracks, slowly toppling over under the brunt of a massive, clawed foot. The trees around it part to reveal a massive bipedal lizard creature, covered in dark brown scales. It has a long tail, a tall body, and a huge head with eyes as big as Jaren's fist and teeth as long as his forearm. Two stubby little arms hang limply from its chest. It chuffs to itself as it comes to a stop, the smell of rotten meat on its breath as it sniffs the air. Throwing back its head, it lets out a terrible, primordial scream.

Clearing

Unsurprisingly, the lizards fail to heed Thenadir's instructions to sit-stay. The two that surged at him manage to avoid hitting each other. One lands over by the one who stole his rifle, the other lands behind him. Thenadir manages to pierce this one with his sword, and the beast lets out a low-pitched scream. It staggers forward, turning to face Thenadir. Blood leaks from its side, bright red against its yellow scales.

The one who grabbed his rifle - light blue in colour - pulls the weapon into its mouth, and...
    swallows it?
    Well that's odd.

The bullet hits the blue one in the chest. It's mostly absorbed by the lizard's bulk, but it still cries out and staggers back. Bracing its feet in the dirt, it leans back and then throws its head forward, leaning into the stationary dive. Closing its eyes and opening its mouth, it fires out a bullet quite similar to the one Thenadir's rifle would have fired.
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Clearing

Thenadier had faced stranger foes. Though getting his rifle back would be difficult. He had a knife though. He turns in a whirlwind to stab the one behind in a killing blow through its left eye. Though chances are he'd miss as a bullet flies toward him. Thenadier takes the bullet to the elbow, causing him to drop his pistol. He howls in pain as the bullet embeds itself in the ageless man's flesh. He then twirls to pounce the blue one with deadly accuracy. Unless it dodges it will receive a sword through its jaw.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-05-11 at 04:05 PM.