New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

Boletaria- Courtyard

Well, time to see how smart these things are. Widening his stance a little ways so he easily side-step, Alpha slips his arm through the shield grips like one would wield a buckler and takes a double-handed hold on the battle-ax. This is almost certainly going to end terribly, although whether the end will be for Alpha or the phantom is yet to be seen.

Drawing his daggers back to guard his face and torso, First turns to keep the second phantom from taking his back. Not that the phantom would be in much position to do so. With First on one side and One on the other, the moment it turns to try and circle around the former, the later attacks, slashing at the specter's neck and arms.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Halfling in the Playground

[Hills]

Well...the weather's turned rather sour rather quickly, hasn't it?

Damon hisses angrily as his fire is quenched by the rain pouring down all around him. He swallows a mouthful of ash and glares up at the sky.

Well, can't be having this. Seems like his next target in this place has made itself clear.

He shifts into the form of a large shadowy wolf, once more, his black fire a cloak of defiance around his body, refusing to be entirely put out by the rain. With a quiet snarl, he sets off at a quick pace for the eye of the storm. No way is he putting up with this weather.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Boletaria: Courtyard]

Seeing as he is flanked the phantom between two of the triplets starts throwing firebombs. If an opening is found he will attack if not then the firebombs continue. Weird how enemies never seem to run out of ammo and yet you do. The one near the axe carrying triplet takes on the parry stance, lets see how smart you are! Red is still dealing with his remaining phantom but shield and spear is a tried and tested way of not dying!
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

4. - Top - End - #574
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    Jit clambers up.
    Interesting mode of transportation.
    As they head closer into the dark caves the scent of dead rotting flesh stinks the air, the number of skeletons around them increasing as they get closer.
    Silver orders the ogre to stop, looking back at Jit before they reach the demon.
    "Before we start...I just want say...thank you. I'm sorry that I've been so difficult..."

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Thank me afterwards. Hopefully I don't end up getting you killed
    Jit appears to be sweating, and his breath is a little ragged.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

6. - Top - End - #576
    Pixie in the Playground

They continue for thirty minutes then come to a stop.
    "We're here," Silver whispers, lightly jumping off the ogre and hiding in the trees whilst drawing out her bow and arrow in an attempt to perform a sneak attack. The ogre waits for several seconds in order to allow Jit to decide whether he'll attempt the sneaky or direct approach then charges forth into the bedroom of the demon.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

As soon as Silver is clear, Jit will leap forward off of the ogre and towards the demon's room, his energy claws extending from hands and feet in midair as he releases an inhuman roar.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

8. - Top - End - #578
    Pixie in the Playground

(Deep Dark Woods)
    (just to point out it's not an actual room they're still in the forest outside)
    When Jit enters he sees the demon absorbing the final pieces of life energy required from a human that accidentally wandered into his territory. He's complete now. He seems to look like a normal being except for the white hair which makes him seem old even though he isn't and the pale skin due to lack of sunlight. The only thing that still remains of his previous form is several holes on his arms which contain an extremely small mist around it. He throws the lifeless body at Jit but the ogre intercepts and catches the body. The demon immediately jumps extremely high into the air and in a split second a bow is shot from one of the trees and hits the demon's arm. He immediately pulls it out causing a dark liquid to dribble down his arm that had been hit.
    (He's still in the air by the way)

9. - Top - End - #579
    Titan in the Playground

[Deep Dark Woods]

Jit crouches and launches himself up towards the demon, his claws scything the air in front of him.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

10. - Top - End - #580
    Pixie in the Playground

The demon aims his legs for Jit, attempting to land his feet against his face. The ogre jumps up into the air(half the height jumped by the demon). Silver watches the ogre and as he reaches her level she jumps on his back. Once the ogre reaches his limit to the height he can jump Silver jumps off reaching the demon and Jit. She draws her whip using it to distract the demon.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Titan in the Playground

Jit swings his claws up in front of his face. If the demon wants to facestomp him, its feet are gonna get cut up pretty bad.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

12. - Top - End - #582
    Pixie in the Playground

The demon, determined to collide his feet with the face of Jit remains in his position but notices the efforts of Silver causing him to draw out a long, thick chain which he swings at Silver who manages to hit him dealing scars on his chest but the chain is wrapped around her waist leaving the demon in control.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Rocky Spires

Yolvich waited, his armor (being adapted to underwater fighting) blocking out most of the rain. He looked up, looking at the eye of the storm. A fitting foe. He would wait, and if any prey did not come near him he would go over and seek out the wyvern, being a short distance away.

14. - Top - End - #584

Mountain Path

Well, the canyon walls were established as sloping. Adir is quite capable of bounding inhuman distances, and it's very helpful for moving up the cliffside.

Whilst I must wonder how much o the cliffside Tovpir is bringing down, some will likely hit Adir. He's struck by several rocks before he's forced back down, tumbling down the mountainside. The stag is saved only by grabbing a small handhold, dangling freely above the canyon floor.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #585

[Hoodoo Canyon]

Time to move on! As interesting as his perch atop a spire is Freddie hasn't seen anything other than buzzards up here and he would honestly like to encounter something a bit more... well...

Not buzzardy.

The Huldra gracefully leaps off the spire, planting all four feet on the face of the opposite cliffside, before launching himself toward the next cliff over.

Only to get snagged in mid-air by an absurdly long... is that a tongue?

Looks that way! A tongue belonging to a rocky-skinned creature the Huldra hadn't even noticed! The beast looks like a cross between a toad, a beetle, and an ape. It clings to the wall of the canyon below, blending in splendidly.

"Oh wonderful," the Huldra muses as he gets yanked toward the monster's slather jaws. "A Troll."

[The Rocky Spires]

Rebo could control a monster! Though it probably wouldn't by a wyvern. And it might not even be flying either! So if Yolvich is dead-set on fighting a wyvern he may have to wait a bit longer.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Orc in the Playground

Mountainside

The Bogeyman crawls laboriously up across the rocky slope, its shearing-hands unused to grabbing handholds. It keeps low down to the ground, swinging its masked face back and forth as it sniffs the air. It could tell there was prey up here.

The horrendous weather is matched by the area of twisted weather surrounding the Bogeyman, creating a patch of storm over it nearly twice as strong as the surroundings. Rain comes down so fast and hard that vision is almost totally obscured, and lightening stabs down from above, cracking the rock and burning the few shrubs that grow here. The Bogeyman is unaffected, not relying on mere sight to find its way.

It reviews its options methodically, deliberating carefully before making a move. It could continue climbing, and kill whatever lurked in the heart of the storm. But this weather made hunting all the more interesting, so there was no point in that. Something easier, perhaps? Something that could be frightened. Something that would plead for mercy before being slaughtered. Yesss.

The Bogeyman's senses extend over the mountainside as it searches for prey. There are quite a few options, but only one that strikes its fancy. A humanoid, dangling by one hand over a precipice. It doesn't seem very impressive in appearance, and its antlers seem too small for combat. Perfect as a warm up before facing a truly dangerous foe. Provided it doesn't fall before the Bogeyman can reach it.

Sniffing the air once more, the masked horror begins scrambling down towards Adir. Any noises it makes are hidden by the raging storm, although its metallic claws scrape against the rock in its hurry. Excitement fills its veins as it prepares for the kill.

Hush, hush hush. Here comes the Bogeyman.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Wilderness

The elf positions herself a fair distance away from the woman before she fires off her arrow, aiming it against one of the woman's legs where the armor is less thick.

Her next moment is to drop the bow, even if the woman rushed her (which she pretty much assumes she is going to do) if the arrow missed, the next one was probably going to miss as well.

She wasn't planning to fight the woman, not in close in combat in either case, but she will still pull her spare dagger and retreat away from the woman's sword.
    Wilderness

The woman's armor barely deflects the arrow, and she gets ready to charge, but something stops her. A stray thought or instinct tells her not to. There wasn't any hatred or anger in this act, like what she normally experienced, and that was something new. Michicora didn't look like any kind of elf she knew personally, and that in itself was intriguing. There was more than meets the eye to her, and she wished to find out what that was.

As Michicora retreats, the woman stands and swings her sword upwards and to the side, over her back to swing it into the specialized sheath that rests there. With a non-threatening pose, she reaches down to pull Michicora's blade from the ground before switching her grip to the blade, offering the hilt towards the elf. "I believe this is yours." She says, trying to signal that the fight is over.

18. - Top - End - #588

[Desert]

Enola smirks to herself as she leaps up to avoid the swat. Her movements are much quicker than before, and much more jerky.

She lands in time for the first word. She notices the cold, and while her energy keeps her from feeling it, she starts to worry. Because she guesses much more is coming.

On the second word, Enola starts to move away. Now, her speed does slow down, but since her true form lets her move much faster than normal, the reduction in speed still isn't enough for her to be moving "slow". Just slower than she was a minute ago.

On the third word, Enola gets hit. She grits her teeth as she feels herself freezing over. She isn't as much as a normal person would be, but still enough to be slowed and iced over.

Then, the dark energy from before appears again, as if it wasn't affected by the dragon's powers at all. Just before it fades again, Enola lets out a string of curses directed at somebody, though it's not clear who. Whoever it was, it's clear she does not think kindly of them.

Then her own energy intensifies, seeking to overpower what's holding her. Seeking to negate the dragon's attack entirely.

Should break her out of the frozen hold over her.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    The demon, determined to collide his feet with the face of Jit remains in his position but notices the efforts of Silver causing him to draw out a long, thick chain which he swings at Silver who manages to hit him dealing scars on his chest but the chain is wrapped around her waist leaving the demon in control.
    Well, then Jit is getting kicked in the face. And the demon will probably end up missing a few toes. As the demon's foot connects, there is a loud crunching noise as Jit's nose breaks and Jit begins to go flat in midair. Then his head goes down and his feet come up, the second set of claws slashing up at the demon.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

20. - Top - End - #590
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Boletaria- Courtyard

Well, time to see how smart these things are. Widening his stance a little ways so he easily side-step, Alpha slips his arm through the shield grips like one would wield a buckler and takes a double-handed hold on the battle-ax. This is almost certainly going to end terribly, although whether the end will be for Alpha or the phantom is yet to be seen.

Drawing his daggers back to guard his face and torso, First turns to keep the second phantom from taking his back. Not that the phantom would be in much position to do so. With First on one side and One on the other, the moment it turns to try and circle around the former, the later attacks, slashing at the specter's neck and arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by SerphIvanXin123 View Post
    [Boletaria: Courtyard]

He gets slashed at the neck though not deep enough to make a continuous flow of blood. Seeing as he is flanked the phantom between two of the triplets starts throwing firebombs. If an opening is found he will attack if not then the firebombs continue. Weird how enemies never seem to run out of ammo and yet you do. The one near the axe carrying triplet takes on the parry stance, lets see how smart you are! Red is still dealing with his remaining phantom but shield and spear is a tried and tested way of not dying!
    ((What did I miss? When the other phantom died and he saw he was alone he backed off and started using firebombs instead of circling. I think.))

((Edited and done))
    Last edited by Asha'man; 2012-05-31 at 09:06 PM.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

21. - Top - End - #591
    Pixie in the Playground

The demon manages to defend with his arms which deals a lot of scars resulting in his hands being covered with the dark liquid, his left arm recieving more damage than the right due to the right hand being wrapped in the long chain. The demon backs away, pulling Silver as they return to the ground. The demon hits the branch of a tree causing him to break through it and land on the ground. The ogre immediately charges, slamming it's body against the demon but unfortuneately the demon drives his entire hand through the body of the beast with enough force then begins absorbing its life energy causing his toes to slowly reappear. Silver rushes behind the tree, quickly drawing the symbol with her blood, her eyes rolling to the back of her head to chant at a faster pace.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-05-31 at 09:36 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

As the demon feeds on the ogre, Jit charges at it. His eyes are now completely feral, and he attempts to tear at the creature with all four claws. If he manages to get close enough, he will actually attempt to take a bite out of the demon, his teeth hardening to the density of steel.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

23. - Top - End - #593
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

((Anyone is welcome to hop in if they so desire.
    For now I shall assume only the attention of Damon and that Yolvich fellow.))

[Stormy Peak]

Seeking an audience with the lord of the storm will lead one up into the mountains, towards the widest peak.
    On a normal day, perhaps the climb would not be too unpleasant.

But in the middle of a severe storm such as this, it is to be both a treacherous and uncomfortable affair.

The destination will be through a small cave, opening into a rather large chamber, minus an entire wall.
    This was likely once simply part of the cave, but the elements have eroded a side away, exposing the room off to the elements. Or, in this case, to a view of the storm raging some distance away.

But not here, however. This is the Eye. There is a tenseness to the air, but no tearing winds or rain.
    From somewhere just outside is the roaring, the shrill cry that surpasses and drowns out even the thunder.

There will be a moment of calm further.
    Perhaps the guests should make nice.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

24. - Top - End - #594

The Rocky Spires

Yolvich, having waited enough for his prey, began to climb the mountain. Lightning flashed! Thunder roared! Winds howled! Rains flooded!

But Yolvich's climb, while slow, was not halted. Climbing up the mountain, slowly, he stopped at a distance during the calm, where the dragon was visible. He did not need a cave for what he was about to do. He took his crossbow, looking at the harpoon-bolt. After traveling a short distance further, he took aim, and fired at what appeared to be the creature's hide. If it hit, it would reel in Yolvich towards the storm lord, the dragon still hovering in midair.

After all, who else would dare take the fight to them? Fight a leviathan in the depths of the ocean, a dragon in the skies?

25. - Top - End - #595
    Pixie in the Playground

The demon throws the ogre in the direction of Jit and begins running at their direction attempting to phase through them in order to get to Silver, knowing that she's been missing.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

Depending on how the phasing works, the demon may find that, as it runs through Jit, the energy claws still cause it pain if not harm. Jit spins to attack as soon as it unphases.

(Your call for if it is affected or not)

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

27. - Top - End - #597
    Pixie in the Playground

The demon staggers slightly once it passes through Jit. He wasn't hit but he felt the pain from within. He looks back to see Jit already chasing after him. He continues forward managing to disrupt Silver's spell but kicking her on the face which sends her flying into a tree. He turns back at Jit, charging for him.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

Jit lashes out wildly at the demon, becoming a small whirlwind of clawing energy. The demon will probably notice that Jit seems more like a raging animal than a thinking human at this point.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

29. - Top - End - #599

[Stormy Peak]

Treacherous climbs, terrible weather, all sounds about par for the course for Damon. The wolf scrambles up the mountain at a fairly quick speed, seemingly relatively unhindered by the weather...or perhaps just refusing to let it get to him.

But once he reaches his destination and the cave comes into sight, Damon slows down, seeing the figure aiming the crossbow ahead of him. Shifting back to his normal form, that of a zern, a relatively thin shadowy humanoid with bright glowing eyes, Damon settles back to observe...

Black flames continue to cover his body flickering and sucking in the surrounding light, leaving Damon in a little patch of darkness. He's quite content to let this other fellow go in first, let this so far unseen foe reveal itself and its abilities before he steps in to join the fray.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

30. - Top - End - #600

Boletaria

Bad call there on the Red Phantom's part. Even if it's shield and weapon instantly disappear without it needing to put them away, as though this was all some kind of bizarre game, drawing a firebomb and throwing it hard enough to detonate should still leave the specter off guard for a fraction of a moment.

In that moment the brothers strike, First from the left with a double-bladed stab, One from the right with a horizontal slash of the sickle. Whether or not the attacks connect they immediately dodge back to avoid the firebomb, although if the attacks fail to kill or stun the phantom they'll probably both get a little singed from the edge of the blast.

Alpha? Alpha's not doing a thing, just sitting pretty, ready to dodge at any moment but making no move to attack. All he has to do here is wait. The phantoms friends should be dead any minute now and then his brothers will be free to help with this one, so time's on his side here.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.