New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Forest

The arrow sinks deep into the offending tree, the sounds of timber cracking and splintering filling the air as the hawthorn sprouts within. That's one tree severely hindered and soon to be dead. About six more in the grove, including the treant controlling them.

Two of these remaining trees animate next, one taking a wide sweep at Spreagadh while the other remains still, waiting. Dodging the first blow should bring the fey archer right under the second trees branches, at which point it will spring into action and bring them down in a brutal smash.

Meanwhile, the treant is beginning to unroot itself. Faint furrows appear in the loamy soil as it's tendrils unwind from around the dying oak's roots, withdrawing from the various trees too far away to help in the battle as well.
    Spreagadh, naturally enough, since she'd really rather prefer to get inside the reach of the tree, ducks forward, towards the one performing the sweep, which, due to the decrease in leverage this causes, has less of an effect than it normally would, though she still ends up with quite a few welts, and will have some rather nasty bruises later.

Assuming she can get to the trunk, she'll try to use her heightened strength to plunge another of the hawthorn arrows into it by hand, somehow avoiding stabbing herself on the many thorns protruding from it.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Bugbear in the Playground

Forest

Now that she's up close there's nothing to stop her from dashing to the trunk and stabbing it. Trees weren't exactly made for movement after all, so it's limbs lack any of those useful little things called "joints" that would allow it to to reach inwards and grab her.

So that's another tree down.

Still a few more left, but the Treant has seen enough. With a great creaking of timber it tears itself fully from the earth, roots intertwining into stocky legs, boughs and limbs into four great arms. It's outer shell of bark shifts as well to form armor, those aforementioned tiny little markings on it's hide fitting together into runes as it does so.

It barks a single word in an ancient fey tongue and the runes flare briefly, bark turning the color and consistency of stone in preparation for battle.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Pixie in the Playground

Several hundred morphed skeletons leap for Jit in an attempt to pin him down. Binarion and Erin both manage to kill all the zombies in their way and decide to go for the demon, Luke. Luke then morphs with the remaining skeletons(on the ground not the ones leaping for Jit) yet again but this time they actually fuse with his body causing his eyes to turn blood red and horns to appear on his forehead. He pushes forth, phasing through Erin but manages to unphase in time to collide his foot with her injured leg causing her to howl in pain as she falls to the ground. He shots forth from her leg, landing several hits on Binarion's stabbed stomach, sending him flying through a tree.
    Silver decides to morph her last few skeletons with her scythe and goes for Luke, the collision between his horns and her scythe sending several waves through the tree and the entire forest.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

Jit will get piled on. And there will be a big pile of melted bone as the strange force within him continues to grow in strength, causing the energy of the claws to expand and engulf his entire body.
    Yes, more, more more!
    The voice coming from the energy creature is decidedly not Jit's. It is loud and booming, and full of a mad glee.
    I follow a general rule: better to ask and be told no than not to ask at all.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

5. - Top - End - #635
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hahahaha I finally meet little Silver and Erin. Boy how you've grown. The last time I saw you...I was finishing off your sister Emily," Luke states, an evil smirk being revealed. Silver remains calm. She bends low and spins on her feet, attempting to slice his legs but he jumps back to see the raging Binarion charging at him. Luke puts his fingers to his head which sends roaring pain throughout Binarion's entire body.
    "You remember this Binarion? I put it inside you when we were still on the same side...just so that you'd obey my every command. Now, finish off Jit," he orders, forcing Binarion to charge at him. His mouth abnormally wide, his fangs ready to consume. Erin changes back from a werewolf to a human, her injury worse than before due to the damage dealt. She manages to go up a tree, aiming the bow and arrow and firing it at Luke. Unfortunately it hits his horn and falls to the ground. (His horns are hard) He turns to Erin and begins charging but he's interrupted by Silver who manages to slash him from behind.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

Jit rises from the pool of melted skeletons, his entire body smoking and engulfed in energy. Now that he can be seen, his form looks a lot like that of a werewolf, but replacing all of the fur and claws and teeth with the vile red energy. He sees Binarion charging, and charges to meet him, leading with claws.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

7. - Top - End - #637
    Pixie in the Playground

Binarions dinosaur blood causes his right eye to glow with energy which is transferred to his arms and legs. His left claw begins to go in a frenzy from the power gained causing him to stop and send forth his claw, it's nails extending massively in the direction of Jit. Luke, temporarily stunned his hit by an arrow on the chest but uses three of the six holes of energy on his arms to regenerate.
    Luke digs his feet deep into the ground causing tons of dead skeletons to rise from the ground in a small circle directly underneath Silver. The try to warp around her as they rise in height but she manages to jump out of the way. The same is done for Erin but unfortunately she can't jump down due to her badly injured leg. The skeletons warp around the entire tree causing her to remain stuck and entangled by the dead skeletons.
    Silver yells in anger, stabbing her scythe into the ground which causes a large piece of earth to fall down even lower, allowing a tall demonic creature to reveal itself. The creature, three times as tall as the trees launches its claws at Luke who is sent flying backwards.
    "It seems you had a trick up your sleeve after all, Silver," he states before slamming into the ground.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

The claws (if they can get through the energy armor without melting) stick into Jit's side, which only seems to piss him off. Unless Binarion has started retreating, Jit should have reached him by now, and will be busy attempting to dismember him.

Shadeblight by KennyPyro

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

Wilderness

"I needed to in order to survive."
    The woman explains. "My...condition requires an act of aggression every so often, and this is the safest place to do so. If the fight had continued between us, to the extent that one of us died, we would have been brought back. I have nothing against you at all." She tells her. "I hadn't met anything else yet and my time was wearing thin."

10. - Top - End - #640

[Wilderness]

The elf's eyebrow rises ever so slightly. She had fought for a lot of things, food, her god, her tribe, but never because she had a physical desire to. Could she trust her however? She seemed empowered somehow, perhaps serving another god?

"What's your 'condition'?" The hunter asks while she seem to scan the woman with her pupil-less eyes. "A curse?"

11. - Top - End - #641

Hills
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    No! I'm a gnome, demon. He's probably going to just keep saying that to annoy Mercutio. Technically, I don't know what I am, being ageless tends to confuse people of my actual race. Why would you help me vile trickster?

Mercutio waves a hand dismissively. "Same thing but smaller, honestly. A few interesting physiological and psychological differences, granted, but nothing major. The ageless caveat is curious, though. Now unless you want to be prematurely roasted alive, kindly shut up."

Without waiting for a response from Thenadier, Mercutio begins to read aloud from his spellbook. Each carefully placed words rolls off his tongue and even as they leave his lips they seem to leave the page as well. Lines of glowing Abyssal text lift up off of the two pages, adding to the flickering light of the fire with a solid, hellish yellow glow. The animated lines of text spiral around each other, before gathering two metres above Mercutio's head. Soon, a shape begins to emerge from the swirling cloud of text. A large, cloud-like body, a head with a short snout and two large, spiral horns. By the time Mercutio finishes reading, the text has become a perfect, living replica of the cloud-ram he had tamed minutes earlier.

Mercutio smirks pridefully up at the cloud-ram, but then turns his attention back to his spell book. He reads the spell again, creating another cloud-ram next to the first. Again, to create a third. By the time he has conjured up the fourth, though, the effort seems to have weighed on him. His words are strained with effort, and a slight sheen of sweat shines in the dancing firelight. But he doesn't seem to pay that much mind - with every summon, his smirk grows wider and more prideful, until he is almost grinning. Seemingly minor in the long-run of things - or at least, so Mercutio hoped - but still an important milestone. "Well then. Experiment the second."

Closing his spell-book, Mercutio lifts a hand and waves it forward. The four cloud-rams surge upwards and forwards, until they are above the flames. "Now. Downpour."
    The cloud-rams swell, and a massive torrent of rain pours down from them. The flames hiss, and soon the hills are lost in a thick cloud of smoke and steam.

Pond
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Pond

Mateo will wait for the knife to press against his belly before acting. His hands whip out to grab her wrist, one next to the other. He'll grip tightly and twist, aiming to break her wrist or otherwise disrupt her wrist-bones.

The siren cries out in shock and surprise as Mateo grabs her wrist. As he twists, a horrible cracking sound echoes through the cave and her cry becomes one of pain. The coral knife slips from her hand. It hits the ground and skitters down the slippery slope of the ground, coming to a stop dangerously close to the murky water. The siren recoils, holding her broken wrist to her chest. It's bent back at entirely the wrong angle, already starting to swell below her thin scales. With large, black eyes, she looks at Mateo for just a moment, before diving forward and scrambling to grab her knife.

Swamp
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Wenomir takes a deep breath and remains still. He won't attack, not this time. All those years ago, he lashed out like a fool and murdered the man whose spectre is now in front of him. That won't happen again, unless they strike first.

Loooved hiiiim, looooved hiiim, looooved hiiiim! Mock the beetles as they swarm around Wenomir. There are gaps in their flight, through which he can see brief glimpses of images. They shift and change at a feverish pitch. He sees himself, standing over His corpse, covered in blood. He sees Jadwiga, alive and well and so beautiful, never looking at him. He sees Him leading Jadwiga towards a bed and brief flashes of the profane things they do there. He sees himself, being lead to a gallows, to a chopping block, to a guillotine. He sees himself marred and malformed by the experiments of those seeking retribution. He sees himself marching with those like him. He sees himself in the midst of the transformation that made him who he is now.

And then, suddenly, there is silence. The beetles fall away as if they had never been there. They simply vanish. Wenomir is alone, in the middle of a swamp.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Wilderness

"A curse as well as a blessing."
    The woman admits. "The same source that grants me strength and other such things will take it and more away should I not invoke my duty to it when it calls for it. The more hate and aggression I feel at one point, the longer between...feedings, I would guess you'd call it. What we did will keep it sated for a few days, until I can find something better." The woman pauses for a bit before her stance relaxes fully. "I'm Trisha. Please, let me at least share food and warmth with you as thanks. If I hadn't done it, I'd have wasted away by morning."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2012-06-02 at 07:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Desert]

It has been mentioned before that Diinuldrum's scales are roughly as strong as steel. So if the dagger can punch through a few inches of steel it can penetrate the dragon's icy blue hide as well.

Then lots of shooting at stuff!

The dragon roars in irritation before clenching his claws shut HARD!

Electricity causes muscles to contract violently. Not to relax. Silly demon-powered person. As long as the lightning is going he'll be unable to release her. Not that he really wanted to anyway since his goal was to turn her organs and bones into jelly.

Upon getting stabbed in the foot the dragon with lash out violently at the shape shifter!

Shortly before spewing a stream of that freezing fluid at the rocks the twins are taking refuge in! As usual the fluid will expand significantly and crystallize into jagged ice spikes upon contact with anything solid. Look out!

[Hoodoo Canyon]

The Huldra is yanked toward the massive rocky toad-beetle-ape, the fiend's tongue lashed around his leg! At the last moment she braces his limbs on the monster's jaws, takes a deep breath, and blows a roiling inferno of ghostly blue fire down the thing's throat!

First comes a sizzling sound. Then smoke begins to pour of the creature's mouth. And then it bursts in a shower of rocks and dirt-clods as the foxfire transforms into a nice set of mahogany bedroom furniture that greatly out-strips the Troll's volume.

Freddie is dropped unceremoniously and goes tumbling down an embankment into a small valley between two hoodoo ridges, throwing up the large cloud of dust that spells the words, Interaction Wanted! for some inexplicable reason.

"Oow..." the Huldra grumbles.

Right before a chunk of Adamantine from troll bounces down the hill and clobbers her in the head.

"OOW!"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-06-02 at 07:22 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

14. - Top - End - #644

Wilderness

So she was a servant as well of sort, just different. Maybe serving a god of hate? Kuroi wasn't giving her any answers regarding that.

She was still hesitant towards this woman but at least Kuori weren't giving her any warnings. That was always a good sign.

She nods in understanding at the woman's explanation. It was good enough for now. "Michicora." The hunter replies, seemingly starting to relax a bit as well. Not that she ever could be fully relax. The muscle memory of hundreds of years of fighting can't allow it. She simply have to be ready to fight all the time. "So where are you heading?" Sharing camp might be a good idea. If only for the monsters and if they were going the same way.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ogre in the Playground

Wilderness

Trisha points off a ways, over a small hill in the direction she appeared from. "I made camp just over that. I felt you coming some distance off and got ready. Caught a couple rabbits this morning if you're hungry." She says before walking off towards her camp. Michicora might notice that she's still limping, but it isn't nearly as bad as before.

16. - Top - End - #646

[Wilderness]

Michicora stares out at the distant camp, it seemed to be a poor place for a trap just as this was a poor place for a ambush. This was all weird but what the this woman... Trisha had told her sort of felt similar to her own service to Kuori.

After a moment she decides to just pick up the sword and put back the bow as she start to follow the woman.

"What I meant was, in what direction are you traveling?" The elf asks Trisha as she caught up with her.

17. - Top - End - #647

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Hoodoo Canyon]

The Huldra is yanked toward the massive rocky toad-beetle-ape, the fiend's tongue lashed around his leg! At the last moment she braces his limbs on the monster's jaws, takes a deep breath, and blows a roiling inferno of ghostly blue fire down the thing's throat!

First comes a sizzling sound. Then smoke begins to pour of the creature's mouth. And then it bursts in a shower of rocks and dirt-clods as the foxfire transforms into a nice set of mahogany bedroom furniture that greatly out-strips the Troll's volume.

Freddie is dropped unceremoniously and goes tumbling down an embankment into a small valley between two hoodoo ridges, throwing up the large cloud of dust that spells the words, Interaction Wanted! for some inexplicable reason.

"Oow..." the Huldra grumbles.

Right before a chunk of Adamantine from troll bounces down the hill and clobbers her in the head.

"OOW!"
    Hoodoo Canyon

"WAHAAHAHAH!! Why has the little demon fought, if not to feel pain?" Oh dear. An unpleasant voice echoes out through the canyon, straight from Freddie's most unpleasant memories. A night, not too far in the distant past, has come back to haunt him today.

"Why does he fight, if not to prepare himself for that which cannot be prepared for?" An answering cry of chittering buglike creatures sounds out from behind a set of nearby pillars.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-06-02 at 08:42 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

18. - Top - End - #648

Desert

Triplets. Not twins. Two ultra-violent supersoldiers are just one argument away from being reduced to one ultra-violent supersoldier. Three is a number with some stability to it, a trio leaves room for an impartial mediator to calm down the other two and keep things from devolving into bloodshed. It's an important distinction to make.

The brothers break from cover the moment the dragon turns their way, sprinting out from the rocks just as the icy torrent sweeps over where they were a second ago. Staying hidden might have protected them from that part of the attack though. It's the bit where the ice explodes that's got them worried and that's why they'll be spending this round getting well clear of the blast zone rather than attacking again.

Boletaria

"Hold on." Alpha isn't going anywhere right this moment. Not until he's properly geared up. Red might want to look away, as the triplet doesn't bother to find somewhere private to change, just strips down to his underwear and starts putting on the knightly armor right out in the open. "I think we should know a little more about this place? Where are we?"

19. - Top - End - #649
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Boletaria: Courtyard]

We are in the courtyard, where executions take place. I know since I knew this place before it fell to the lust of power. In that door over there is a place where the dead are dumped until they can find a place to properly dispose of the corpse. We might find something there but I must remind you that our quarry is through the gate bridge that we will be taking many other routes to open.

((At least the path to the Iron Giant is a lot more straightforward. Unlike the path to Phalanx))
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

20. - Top - End - #650

[Desert]

Enola isn't used to all that fancy sciencey biology stuff. So, of course, she didn't think the dragon would react that way.

However, she is very much noticing his lack of letting her go. So, she kills the electricity and focuses on simply pushing. Now, she may not be quite as strong as the dragon. But, the existing damage to its arm, combined with her claw-like hands and feet might be enough to persuade him to let go. She hopes so, anyways. Her arms were starting to get sore.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

21. - Top - End - #651

[Hoodoo Canyon]

Oh Emperor's mercy... It's him again.

That... that thing that killed Templar Gregoire. What had it said before? That it would find Freddie when he was stronger and murder her? Something like that anyway.

But!

What's the rule here? That death isn't permanent so long as you give a good show? Something like that.

The Huldra picks up the Adamantine chunk as he rises to her feet, eyes scanning the surroundings, ears swiveling, trying to zero in on his foes. "Since I can't eat anyone in these grounds," Freddie replies. "I'm testing my new tail. Why are you here, giant?"

22. - Top - End - #652

Boletaria

"Sure, let's check." Slipping on the second of the boots and last part of the set, Alpha clambers to his feet and heads towards the door with the other two in tow.

The weight and resistance the armor adds to his movements is disorienting at first. Makes him feel clumsy. Slow. Fighting in this will be difficult to get used to even with his enhanced strength and stamina. But such is nothing more than another challenge to be surpassed.

23. - Top - End - #653

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Hoodoo Canyon]

Oh Emperor's mercy... It's him again.

That... that thing that killed Templar Gregoire. What had it said before? That it would find Freddie when he was stronger and murder her? Something like that anyway.

But!

What's the rule here? That death isn't permanent so long as you give a good show? Something like that.

The Huldra picks up the Adamantine chunk as he rises to her feet, eyes scanning the surroundings, ears swiveling, trying to zero in on his foes. "Since I can't eat anyone in these grounds," Freddie replies. "I'm testing my new tail. Why are you here, giant?"
    Hoodoo Canyon

In reply, Jakob steps out from a hoodoo far higher up on the canyon's steep side than Freddie's current position, holding a sliver between his hands, one tail tip in each paw.

He rips the bug-like snake in two, eliciting a screech that strains the ears of every creature for miles as it's funneled and shaped by the canyon's natural acoustics.

"How disappointed I am in these creatures I would call my allies little demon. These things have over-run my entire home world, turning it to naught but a cesspit of gnawed bones and churned earth under their world ending masters. Now, under my command, they fail time and again to provide even the simplest challenge for the warriors of this plane. Obviously, a higher caliber of opponent is present here than the hordes of peasants that abandoned their fields to face death at the hands of these monsters." The madbeast that has slain his traitorous templar seems oddly introspective and monologuey during this encounter. Perhaps Freddie isn't in for another fight after all.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

24. - Top - End - #654

[Hoodoo Canyon]

Ummm...

Jakob didn't actually answer his question...

That might be a good thing. Or maybe not.

"The Nexus seems to have a way of gathering the powerful and the resourceful alike," the Huldra replies as he straightens herself, fanning out his tails. Each twitches and twists behind her as if they had minds of their own. Sixteen foxfire wisps dance and twirl and flash in a ghostly waltz, having abandoned their form of classy end tables, an armoire, and several chairs.

Last time around Freddie could only manage four wisps at a time. If that's an indication of anything the demon-fox has grown in power considerably.

"If the stories I've heard are true this place has fought back dangers above and beyond an infestation of pointy snakes time and again. But... you didn't answer my question," the Huldra quirks his head off to the side a slightly. "Why are you here, giant?"

25. - Top - End - #655

Hoodoo Canyon

Jakob gives an honest sigh as he tosses the bits of sliver to either side and plants his back heavily against the nearest pillar, causing it to crack under his weight.

"I was here to test these creatures. To revel in the joys of leading, glory and slaughter. Joys I find far too seldom these past days. Fighting, winning, losing, claiming the prizes has brought me no joy little demon, and now even though I have you caught, I would not find joy in ending our rivalry. There is no great war, no powerful threat. No true slaughter to be found. I cannot even count on these creatures to stir it up for me, as they have proven too weak for even fodder."

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Wilderness]

Michicora stares out at the distant camp, it seemed to be a poor place for a trap just as this was a poor place for a ambush. This was all weird but what the this woman... Trisha had told her sort of felt similar to her own service to Kuori.

After a moment she decides to just pick up the sword and put back the bow as she start to follow the woman.

"What I meant was, in what direction are you traveling?" The elf asks Trisha as she caught up with her.
    Wilderness

"I'm already here."
    Trisha says. "Once I heard the Call, I knew this was the place I needed to go for a while. I'm a bit of a wanderer, so I don't know how long I'll stay or where I go next. Wherever Hate is needed most." She says with a shrug.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Boletaria

"Sure, let's check." Slipping on the second of the boots and last part of the set, Alpha clambers to his feet and heads towards the door with the other two in tow.

The weight and resistance the armor adds to his movements is disorienting at first. Makes him feel clumsy. Slow. Fighting in this will be difficult to get used to even with his enhanced strength and stamina. But such is nothing more than another challenge to be surpassed.
    As soon as they get near the door it bursts open! A woman in an executioner's garb wielding a freakishly huge and scary looking ax screams,

"Traitors to the King! Die before Miralda, the King's personal executioner. "

Imagine epic music for mini-boss fight with the camera zooming in and then typing out the name in a cool format.

The range of her ax is wide and if the party is startled they will be hit by an arc swing of the huge ax.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

28. - Top - End - #658
    Pixie in the Playground

(Deep Dark Woods)
    (His claws are quite durable so I think they wouldn't melt)
    Binarion attempts to dodge all attack but Jit manages to land a large scar on his side. Binarion goes down to his knees, attempting to shoot Jit with a poisonous dart from his mouth. (Jit would fall unconcious if hit)
    The summoned creature grabs Luke, squeezing him up high in the air. Luke is affected but slips through his fingers, using two more sockets of power from his arms to regenrate.
    (He has one left)
    Luke lands on the tree in which Erin is stuck on and begins trying to absorb her life energy but Silver orders her beast to destroy the tree itself without harming Erin. Luke immediately changes direction aiming for Silver.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-06-02 at 09:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #659

Boletaria

The triplets might have been caught off guard in other circumstances. In this case though.... Well, ever since they got here things have been popping out of thin air to try and kill them. The brothers weren't expecting a crazy executioner perhaps, but they certainly weren't heading towards a massive stockpile of bodies in a land crawling with undead under the delusion there wouldn't be something waiting to jump out the moment they opened the door.

First twists and dives out of the axe's arc in a half-roll that ends with him hurling one of his daggers towards Miranda. One simply drops into the lowest lunge he can to duck beneath the attack, dashing forward to slash at her the moment the swing ends in an attempt to capitalize upon the brief second it should take her to recover. Alpha can't really dodge in his new armor just yet, but he manages to step partly out of the way and bring up his shield in time for the attack to simply glance off it.

30. - Top - End - #660

[Hoodoo Canyon]

...umm...

So the giant scary sliver monster is having an existential crisis of sorts?

This is rather silly!

"Maybe you need to look a little deeper," the Huldra replies. "Find a purpose beyond killing things."

That seems like somewhat hollow advice coming from a discord. Y'know, since killing things and sowing chaos is sort of what they do.

"And I really wouldn't say that you've caught me, for the record. This cage is quite lacking in the walls department."