New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

(Deep Dark Woods)
    Luke is killed by his own attack and is eradicated into nothing.
    Silver immediately reappears at the site of the explosion, putting Erin on the floor. She begins searching for Jit but doesn't find him. Her eyes go wide.
    "Jit? Where are you?" She yells, the red marks disappearing from her skin and her skin returning to her natural colour.
    She tries to continue searching for Jit but immediately collapses to the ground due to the marks taking over her entire body. The side effects take place, causing her to scream in pain and also yell for the missing Jit. Her entire body paralyzed. Erin knocked out and Binarion dead on the floor.
    Last edited by Lazorath; 2012-06-03 at 01:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Hoodoo Canyon]

The iron bands are dealt with easily, causing them to POOF back into a pair of harmless wisps. The wisps dance around Jakob's head in a generally distracting fashion before zipping off toward a totally innocuous looking rock and slipping back into the Huldra.

As the wormy thing draws near Freddie leaps from his hiding place, aiming to jam the stone into the monster's mouth. Hopefully that'll end one threat for now.

The Huldra's burning tails have taken on a rather blade-like appearance at the end, blades Freddie aims to plunge into the worm before raking them outward in a bid to separate the monster's head from its body. Unlike the flimsy phantom Freddie himself is hideously strong. Given that the Huldra is probably straddling the worm at the moment he's well clear of the stony teeth, though the trap-rocks detonate.

"Not aiming to kill you," Freddie snarls as she works at decapitating the worm. "Just seeing what you can do."

Active Wisps: 4
    Inactive Wisps: 8
    Stored Wisps: 4
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Swamp

Loooved hiiiim, looooved hiiim, looooved hiiiim! Mock the beetles as they swarm around Wenomir. There are gaps in their flight, through which he can see brief glimpses of images. They shift and change at a feverish pitch. He sees himself, standing over His corpse, covered in blood. He sees Jadwiga, alive and well and so beautiful, never looking at him. He sees Him leading Jadwiga towards a bed and brief flashes of the profane things they do there. He sees himself, being lead to a gallows, to a chopping block, to a guillotine. He sees himself marred and malformed by the experiments of those seeking retribution. He sees himself marching with those like him. He sees himself in the midst of the transformation that made him who he is now.

And then, suddenly, there is silence. The beetles fall away as if they had never been there. They simply vanish. Wenomir is alone, in the middle of a swamp.
    Wenomir takes a deep breath. Smoke and mirrors. Some cowardly spirit must be hiding in this place, attacking the hunters' minds instead of their bodies. But he stood his ground and didn't attack. The Riddle of Steel teaches Peace as well, after all.
    He raises his sword and begins to slowly walk around the swamp, scanning it for threats.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #694

Hoodoo Canyon

Jakob pauses as the hellion is decapitated, its whiplike flails reaching for Freddie from sheer muscle memory as it attempts to encircle his torso and drag him down as it tumbles to the earth.

And then he laughs, great booming sounds that shake the canyon walls even as the stony teeth he created sink back into the earth.

"You seek to test me? Toy with me like a meal on your plate? You are not half as strong as I'd hoped you'd be little demon, when I let you live that night. Fight me as you would any other predator, or flee now while the prospect of your death amuses me less than the promise that you will some day be strong enough to bring me challenge."

While he's speaking, Jakob slashes his hand through the air and three apes made of red lightning flash forth, each appearing around Freddie with jaws and fists outsctretched as they attempt to deliver a fatal payload of electricity to the demon fox.

The slivers hold back, remaining still and silent outside of Freddie's line of sight.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Wilderness

"Hate is needed?" The hunter can't help but ask. She recognized so much of what Trisha said but in her book hate was always negative. Sure, she hated a few things but ultimately it was something to avoid, hate made you do rash decisions, but in and outside combat. It was something to free yourself from.

Not that she had managed to do that yet even in the over hundreds of years she had been alive.
    Wilderness

"It might not sound like it, but Hate and Anger are two Emotions that are needed. Without it, there wouldn't be any strife and the world would stagnate in contentedness. There wouldn't be as much motivation to do anything. No way to push past your limits without it."
    She tries to explain. Michicora will see that Trisha's camp is little more than a set of blankets next to a stack of oil soaked wood. "Think we should risk a fire?" She asks as she starts rummaging through her nearby pack.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Orc in the Playground

Pond

Mateo dives after the siren, enlarging his claws as he goes. He's trying to land on her back and force her onto the ground, preferably away from the knife. Hopefully she's distracted enough not to dodge out of the way.

Plains- Interaction Wanted!

Morbit has arrived here. It's currently a very odd creature, just over a metre long and covered in green photosynthesising feathers. Its head is reminiscent of a rat, as is its general body shape. This is obscured, however, by its peculiar anatomy. Its head has the teeth of a pig distorting its jaw, complete with tusks, ice-blue eyes, wolf like ears and antennae, whilst it has gills in its neck. The rest of its body is equally peculiar; it has six limbs- four legs ending in squirrel-like feet, and a pair of pseudo-wings. Bringing up the rear of this creature is a feline, yet feathered, tail ending in a wasp's stinger.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #697

[Hoodoo Canyon]

Freddie gives a small yelp of surprise as he's entangled and while she seeks to rip through his bonds she has several horrible lightning apes pounce on him!

bbzzzZZZORP!

The attack leaves the Huldra sizzling and her fur looking hilariously poofy. Four more wisps dance their way into the Huldra's back as he struggles to remain upright. Geeze... from the way she's standing it would seem that attack took an awful lot out of him.

Only to drop back to her knees panting.

And whips out the Claw of Chatturgath, using the aberrant weapon to fire a maser beam at Jakob. Given the light-based nature of the weapon the projectile would reach the giant before he even sees the red glow put off by the stream of radiant energy. If he where to dodge it would require dodging before the weapon is actually fired.

Active Wisps: 4
    Inactive Wisps: 4
    Stored Wisps: 8
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-06-03 at 04:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #698

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Icy Glacier

The Elemental cries out in shock and pain when the knife lodges itself in his arm, causing it to look down in surprise at the weapon before glaring at What. "Not cool, dude." He says before stomping his foot to send a shockwave through the ground, trying to unsteady What's stance enough to allow the Elemental to spin low and lash out with a leg in an attempt to trip the Pumpkin. This might rip the knife from What's grip, or it might not depending on how strong of one the creature had.

Icy Glacier

What hits the ground, leaving the knife behind in the Elemental's arm, as he didn't really plan on holding onto it anyways. It's alright though, our pumpkin-headed murder-golem always has spares. Not that he intends to pull any out just yet, though. He's still got to focus on getting back up, before that disco freak stomps his fragile pumpkin head to pieces. Maybe a kick to the Elemental's groin will buy What a moment or two. Then again, maybe not. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #699

Hoodoo Canyon

Freddie's beam is intercepted, as rather than dodge Jakob has used his opponent's attempt to catch their breath to summon a wall of flowstone between them. The rock bubbles and melts, but more replaces it where the maser hits, and it looks like it's holding up fairly well against the assault by dissipating the heat over a larger surface area.

"You dabble in artifacts beyond your understanding little demon. Allow me to show you my answer to that." A gap opens up in the wall large enough for Jakob's scythe-tip to stick through, and from the tip comes a bolt of red light aimed for the claw. The energy has destabilizing properties that could seriously damage the artifact if it hits, potentially causing it to blow up in Freddie's hand if it's harmed enough.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #700

[Hoodoo Canyon]

The Claw is hit!

And explodes violently! Freddie is peppered with chunks of pointy shrapnel! Ouch. This leaves a number of weeping gashes on his person, though almost right away they begin to close up again.

"Ha! I've been trying to get rid of that accursed thing," the Huldra laughs. "Thank you for that!"

She drops to all fours and charges forward as three more wisps dart into his back. And a fourth is tossed from the end of his tail toward the flowstone wall in front of her!

The wisp will splatter against the wall, painting an image of the other side onto its surface. And image that the Huldra will aim to leap right through and tackle the giant!

Yes.

Freddie just made a painted-on cartoon tunnel.

Active Wisps: 5
    Inactive Wisps: 1
    Stored Wisps: 10

11. - Top - End - #701

Hoodoo Canyon

Actually, the wall is a living creature, and rather objects to having a tunnel painted on it. It objects so much that a hole forms where the wisp would have hit it, lined with spines and teeth that reach out and try to spear Freddie if he continues his leap and passes through the nest of pain that awaits him.

Jakob, on the other side, spends his time organizing his sliver troops through mental commands, sending them farther back just in case Freddie catches on to the source of his power and tries to cut it off directly.

He has time for a quick spell though, and seeing the effectiveness of lightning, he decides to meet Freddie's charge with a lightning bolt to the face! It's a relatively minor one compared to the shrapnel detonation and the combined trio of apes. In fact, it holds the same charge as about one of the apes.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wilderness

"Hate is always present thought. Wherever we like it or not. But I think we can risk a fire. If only for tonight." Michicora replies, actually feeling rather hungry at this point. It would be nice with some meditation as well.

13. - Top - End - #703

[Hoodoo Canyon]

Living walls are a weird concept. Normally walls are, y'know. Walls.

Anywho!

The wisp instead splats right in mid-air to create its tunnel! And Freddie dives through that instead. Good way to dodge all those horrible pointy teeth.

Freddie plows right through the lightning bolt, the attack causing his skin to sizzle and leaves her vision spotty for a moment but otherwise doesn't slow him down! She hits the ground in a roll, springs to his feet, and thrusts her four tails forward!

Each limb ends in a roiling, spiraling blade that burns with white-hot intensity. The Huldra aims to ram the weapons through Jakob's torso and scythe them outward in a bid to quarter the giant much as he had done to the worm.

Meanwhile, four wisps drift out of the Huldra's back and go floating off in search of the other splinters. Freddie knows nothing about power sources. But she doesn't want to get back-stabbed while his attention is on Jakob.

Active Wisps: 9
    Inactive Wisps: 1
    Stored Wisps: 6
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-06-03 at 06:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #704

Hoodoo Canyon

Freddie's tails slice through mist and nothingness as the rest of Jakob's form reconstitutes into the massive sliver he has become, three arms, three heads, and a mass of whipping, thrashing tails to prop him upright.Taking advantage of the possibility that Freddie has overextended himself with his last attack, Jakob lashes out with six limbs in rapid succession, aiming above and below the demon fox and with his middle head and talon, and to either side with the other two talons. The last two heads curve in on his current position from either side to attempt to grab hold of his head and neck so that Jakob can wrench them apart.

It seems subtlety and magic have been left in the dust in favor of a more brutal approach.

The four searching wisps will find two of the five remaining slivers, the orange and black one and the quilled one, both of which seem to be retreating now.

The ground does glow red as if in preparation for another spell, but its effects are not yet apparent besides Jakob's mana being expended through his pores.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

Wilderness

"Which is why I have been made it's Champion."
    Trisha admits before lighting the fire and placing the rabbits on sticks to cook. As it cooks, she begins the slow process of unstrapping her armor, needing to get out of it.

16. - Top - End - #706

[Wilderness]

"It's champion? So you serve a god?" Michicora asks, actually a bit curious what Trisha looks underneath the armor. She can't help it really.

17. - Top - End - #707

[Hoodoo Canyon]

Mist form!

Gah, that's buggery to deal with.

Freddie takes a pair of nasty gouges from the claws before wrapping her tails around himself to create a shroud of white-hot foxfire. She braces his feet against the ground before leaping away to a rather astounding height, ripping herself out of the splinter's grasp.

Hopefully the heat encourages Jakob to loosen his grip a bit. Otherwise that would have really hurt.

The Huldra just sort of... hangs in mid air as gravity focus on other more pressing matters. Four tails arc around the Huldra's body, blazing tips arrayed around open maw with a burning hell of tormented souls writhing within.

It takes only moments for the orb of lost souls and ghostly flame to take shape, its surface crawling with the skeletal moaning faces of those consumed by the Huldra. All at once the tails fan out and the orb is sent rocketing toward Jakob below!

Upon impact the Gehenna Bomb will detonate with considerable force and withering heat as the crazed souls of the damned will frantically claw at anything caught in the blast.

Meanwhile!

Two wisps will attempt to glom onto the slivers and clamp shut over them in the form of razor sharp steel traps. CHOMP! The other two wisps continue to hunt for targets.

Active Wisps: 6
    Inactive Wisps: 7
    Stored Wisps: 3

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Wilderness

The woman fumbles with one strap and her knee falls out under her, forcing her to kneel with a curse at the wound. "Not a god. Hate itself. The ideal of it." She explains, fumbling with more straps before gesturing at her back plate. "Mind getting those two buckles while I get the rest?"

19. - Top - End - #709

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Hoodoo Canyon]

Mist form!

Gah, that's buggery to deal with.

Freddie takes a pair of nasty gouges from the claws before wrapping her tails around himself to create a shroud of white-hot foxfire. She braces his feet against the ground before leaping away to a rather astounding height, ripping herself out of the splinter's grasp.

Hopefully the heat encourages Jakob to loosen his grip a bit. Otherwise that would have really hurt.

The Huldra just sort of... hangs in mid air as gravity focus on other more pressing matters. Four tails arc around the Huldra's body, blazing tips arrayed around open maw with a burning hell of tormented souls writhing within.

It takes only moments for the orb of lost souls and ghostly flame to take shape, its surface crawling with the skeletal moaning faces of those consumed by the Huldra. All at once the tails fan out and the orb is sent rocketing toward Jakob below!

Upon impact the Gehenna Bomb will detonate with considerable force and withering heat as the crazed souls of the damned will frantically claw at anything caught in the blast.

Meanwhile!

Two wisps will attempt to glom onto the slivers and clamp shut over them in the form of razor sharp steel traps. CHOMP! The other two wisps continue to hunt for targets.

Active Wisps: 6
    Inactive Wisps: 7
    Stored Wisps: 3
    Hoodoo Canyon

The slivers are much more aware than the wisps give them credit for as they slide out of the way of the attack with a flickering twist of their tails that seems like a very complicated maneuver. In response, a hail of quills is sent at one by the quilled sliver, and a strand of sticky green web (poisonous, although it's unlikely to matter) at the other.

The final two wisps happen upon the sliver responsible for the tricky movement, although not for the speed. The sidewinder is making the best headway up the side of the canyon despite its tendency to zig-zag between pillars and duck behind rock formations to stay out of sight. It flicks its tail in a spiral motion that allows it very speedy and unpredictable movement.

Jakob sees the inherent danger in the blast, and meets it with an expendable minion, causing a drake made of stone to rise up out of the ground and attack the Gehena Bomb head on while it's only just barely out of Freddie's grasp. The wyrm is utterly obliterated by its suicide attack, which most likely triggered the detonation far enough away from Jakob to keep him from coming to harm.

From around the massive sphere of destruction, a strand of ropy flesh connected to the end of one of his scythes comes spiraling up at Freddy, attempting to use the confusion of the blast to spear him through the gut and drag him back down to earth. The effects of Jakob's secret enchantment are now apparent, as he is as pliable and adaptable as his flowstone monsters now.

20. - Top - End - #710

[Hoodoo Canyon]

After snapping shut the traps appear to be inert and lifeless. Shooting spines at them will be about as effective as shooting spines at any other inanimate object. The remaining two trap-wisps will dip into the stone and attempt to pop up from below the side-winder in a duel-pronged attack of surprise!

Should they catch the creature they'll try to rip it in half before falling motionless.

Meanwhile!

Giant spike of doom!

Freddie vaults over the scythe, aiming to rake his burning tails across it and set the thing alight as she quite literally runs though the air toward Jakob leaving blazing footprints of blue flame in his wake.

Three wisps zip into the Huldra as one bounces out, darting toward Jakob and vanishing!

Along with the view of the demon-fox! Freddie will try to get as close without being seen as the screen allows before suddenly darting around it and aiming a sweeping tail-slash at the sliver's flank.

Active Wisps: 5
    Inactive Wisps: 6
    Stored Wisps: 5

21. - Top - End - #711

[Wilderness]

The hunter looks up at Trisha for a moment before she finally shrugs. "Sure." She was an adult after all, she could help another woman off with her armor without it being awkward.

It was perfectly normal.

That whole hate ideal sounded like a spirit though, a kami, that was pretty interesting. She wondered what should could afford such an armor however. Must be pretty good being able to move like this woman did in it too.

The elf will get behind Trisha and starts unbuckling the armor from behind.

22. - Top - End - #712

Hoodoo Canyon

The sidewinder is caught between the two wisps and ripped to shreds! Looks like it wasn't fast enough. That's two slivers out of commission for Jakob.

The scythe is quickly retracted out of the way of Freddie's retaliatory strike, not finding slashes and flames to its liking.

Jakob's not standing still anymore though, his tails bunch and he flies forwards through the space where the wisp vanished, muscles bulging ridiculously.

Almost too ridiculously actually. His flesh bubbles as every limb extends grotesquely into warped twists of malignant hide. Every tail ends in a barbed hook not unlike that of the hellion, and each head splits open to reveal rows of stony teeth that stick out at unnatural angles. The keep splitting well past the normal hinge-points of their jaws, all the way down to where the three necks meet the shoulders of this hideous beast. Every scythe is now dripping molten red rock, edges as sharp as cold glass whistling through the air as he flails his limbs blindly.

Once he's past the point where the wisp obscured his vision, the multitude of limbs lashes out at Freddie in a wave of spikes, flails, and bludgeons. His form is rent asunder as it attempts to fulfill his mad lust to harm Freddie in every way imaginable, and in every place it can reach.

23. - Top - End - #713

[Hoodoo Canyon]

Well!

That's pretty terrible!

Given that no attempt was made to evade that tail-slash probably still goes through, as white hot and razor sharp as usual. Freddie is then impaled, bludgeoned, smashed, rent, and generally mauled by a whole slew of gribbly bits. While injury to most of his body can't be fatal it can still cause enough damage to cause her to slip into unconsciousness until it can heal.

And right now?

Right now the edge of Freddie's vision is becoming indistinct and tunneled as that dark embrace threatens to overwhelm his senses.

In one last desperate attack that blue-hot flame slithers from her tail and around one of his fists. A fist that she then attempts to plunge into Jakob's torso with stone-shattering strength and heat like the depths of hell.

Regardless of whether or not this attack is enough Freddie's mind will then slip away into a warm, dark place as his body goes limp.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-06-03 at 08:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #714

Hoodoo Canyon

The slash does hit, yes, and Jakob's player feels a bit bad for forgetting to mention that. However, when the fist covered in flame buries itself into Jakob's center mass, Freddie will find out something that has been the woe of his opponents for quite some time. Being a meat golem made out of little more than fleshy illusions, Jakob has no need for internal organs, and doesn't include them in his created bodies. As the demon fox sinks into unconsciousness, Jakob's body slowly reels itself in from its all or nothing attack, gaping hole in his chest that bleeds freely, though his blood evaporates before it touches the ground.

He looks at his fallen opponent, mentally recalling his remaining slivers. He stands once more in the body of a man, the wound in his torso the only testament to his fight.

"I have torn you asunder little demon, and you have done me the same, and still, neither of us are dead. And this shall continue on and on, until one of us finally bests the other. I do not know how you have survived this day, but I will not find out yet. This is what I was missing." Jakob speaks softly to Freddie's unconscious form, before raising his head to the heavens.

"HUNTRESS! I have bested your challenge! Grant me your boon!" His voice caries with it the mad joy of a man pushed past his breaking point, and one of the nearby pillars crumbles under the force of the fight in answer to his call.

25. - Top - End - #715

Hills
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Wait...you controlled thoshe? What? Gnomes and humansh are very different. Demons are all the shame, though apparently you are a rather odd colored one. Then was so used to the classic red-skinned evil demons that he didn't believe there could be anything else. I blame your race for what happened, at the defiled altar. It was one of you. At least one of your relativesh. I killed an innocent man, one by the name of Reinholdt. Then, to frame me, it shtuck me in a ultraplanar dimenshion for 17 years...now I don't age because of it. Time flowsh differently on other dimenshionsh. Everthing that has ever happened to me can be traced to that demon. One of your kind...Why should I help you? Thenadier then effectively rips off his left boot and uncovers his coat, revealing a metal cap and for the "peg"-leg, there's a giant tooth. Even his own prosthetic is a dangerous weapon. I've spent my life training, to find that demon and exterminate it.

"I am casting a spell to clean up your mess so kindly shut up. It's very hard to concentrate with you rambling next to me." Mercutio doesn't look at Thenadier as he speaks, his attention focused on the rising swathes of steam before them. "Are you drunk?" He adds, after a few moments of silence. "I think you might be drunk." Bloody mortals. Can't go a minute without poisoning their minds and bodies with liquor. Not that Mercutio hadn't taken an interest in some of alcohol's effects.
    Quoting a post that's really long like this one without putting it in a spoiler is super obnoxious.
    After several minutes, the rain dies down. Slowly, the steam fades away. Where there was once lush, thick grass and large healthy trees dotting the hillside, there is nothing left but gently steaming ashes and skeletal frames of trees ready to crumble at the lightest touch.

Looking over his handiwork, Mercutio nods to himself. He lets his spell-book and pen hang on its chain, resting against his thigh. The four freshly-summoned cloud-rams gently glide through the air, coming to a lazy stop above their new master.

"Now then, to answer your ill-perceiving question, I control these." He points up in the air at the cloud-rams. "The ones before I had no control over. I don't know if you noticed in your self-obsessed little revere, but they attacked me as well. I captured the life essence of one of them when I killed it. You saw me. Now I have the ability to summon them myself. I'm not going to touch on your hypocrisy over the whole demon-devil/gnome-human thing, but you seem to be rather confused over a few things. Firstly, say a gnome stole one of my belongings. Broke into my home at night, took something of value, and then left. This gnome has no relation to you what-so-ever. You share a race, but that is all. He is not your brother, not your uncle, not your cousin-in-law-twelve-times-removed. Should I then blame you, specifically, for my loss in property? Hm?" Mercutio raises an eyebrow.

Secondly, you say you were imprisoned. That's all very tragic, but I'm rather confused over the events that made this so. You say you killed an innocent man, this 'Reinholdt' fellow, and then were framed for doing so? I'm afraid you cannot have it both ways, little mortal. Either you killed someone and were justly punished, or were framed for a crime you did not commit, in which case that is all very tragic but I'm not terribly sure what you want me to do about it. You also say that you are now immortal as a result of your punishment." The devil's tail sways behind him as he regards Thenadier. "That... really doesn't sound so bad. I'm not sure what you're complaining about. You should see what happens to some of the mortals I've imprisoned."

Swamp
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Wenomir takes a deep breath. Smoke and mirrors. Some cowardly spirit must be hiding in this place, attacking the hunters' minds instead of their bodies. But he stood his ground and didn't attack. The Riddle of Steel teaches Peace as well, after all.
    He raises his sword and begins to slowly walk around the swamp, scanning it for threats.

Nothing happens. No new phantom memories appear in the swamp to challenge Wenomir. As he makes his way forward, the demon hunter will notice that he is covered in a light sheen of sweat. And yet, despite it, he doesn't feel warm at all. In fact, he feels quite cold.
    That's quite odd.

After a few minutes of walking, the mist surrounding him seems to fade away. Slowly, though. So slowly that the progress is imperceptible, but every so often Wenomir will notice that he can see slightly further around him.

Pond
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Pond

Mateo dives after the siren, enlarging his claws as he goes. He's trying to land on her back and force her onto the ground, preferably away from the knife. Hopefully she's distracted enough not to dodge out of the way.

Mateo lands on the siren, but not before she grabs her coral knife and twists to meet him. She shrieks as he tackles her. Stabbing upwards, she tries to embed her knife in his chest. The knife is wickedly sharp but she's not very strong. If Mateo has some sort of natural armour then the knife won't punch through. But if he doesn't, it'll have an easy time of rending through his skin. Either way, she strains against his grasp, trying to escape to the water. Mateo's hands may be strong but her scales are about as slippery as one may expect from a fish-humanoid hybrid, so she'll be difficult to hang on to.

Hoodoo you Voodoo Canyon

Jakob's victory cry resounds through the canyon, echoing off the rock pillars and shaking the very clouds. There is a pregnant pause, and Jakob will get the very strong feeling that he has drawn the attention of something far more powerful than himself. The very sky seems to be looking down on him, thoughtfully, somewhere between annoyance and amusement.

Behind Jakob, a fist-sized rock breaks off from one of the pillars and falls down on the meat-golem's head with a clonk. Someone isn't terribly impressed.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2012-06-03 at 11:28 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

26. - Top - End - #716

[Hoodoo Caynon]

Hehehe, silly clonking.

Freddie is still completely unconscious.

And looks like someone put her through a sausage grinder. However his wounds are healing at a positively astounding rate and it might be a minute at most before the Huldra is awake again.

Oddly enough her body doesn't seem to be supernaturally durable. Tough, sure. But not absurdly so.

Though his back...

Aside from a few chips her gnarled barky back seems to have survived the fight more or less undamaged. Despite the huge claw that was shoved through his gut and OUT her back. No trace of that wound remains on the wood, though the massive hole in his stomach is still there.

27. - Top - End - #717

Hoodoo Canyon

Jakob's head is one of the more resilient parts of his body, and the rocks in these parts are fairly light from the erosion. So, while annoying, the stone clobbering the top of his head is in no way harmful.

The newly discovered planeswalker lightly picks the rock up off of his head, scowling for just a moment before breaking out into a grin.

"You give good gifts, oh Goddess, even when you are angered. I shall claim more lands, and kill more creatures for both your amusement and my own." Jakob slips the stone into his massive palm and looks down at the regenerating Freddy.

"Grow stronger little demon, or next time I will kill you." He lifts one foot and presses it against the bark of Freddie's back, attempting to crack, but not break, the covering as a warning to do better next time.

Then he's going to leave this canyon in search of better things to fight, five slivers in tow, including a wrapped up and unconscious spinneret sliver being dragged by the rest.

28. - Top - End - #718

[Hoodoo Canyon]

The giant may be surprised just how brittle the Huldra's back is.

Especially after getting badly injured. The more mauled the demon-fox is the more easily his weak-point is injured.

As soon as any pressure is put on the Huldra's back there's a sickening *CRUNCH!* as the giant's foot goes right through it, smashing the fragile Fox-ball inside.

Ghostly blue flames burn away the demon-fox' flesh before snuffing, leaving only a charred, blackened husk of hollow wood behind.

It would appear as though Freddie has been killed.

29. - Top - End - #719

Hoodoo Canyon

That's much better!

Freddy's ashes fade away, and after a few moments, so does the husk he left behind.

As Jakob makes his way through the canyon, one of the pillars will spontaneously crumble before his very eyes. When the plume of dust clears away, there is a sword inside. About as long as a human's forearm, blade down in the ground, it gleams in the sunlight. Its hilt shines like gold, with two ornate hand-guards that twist up to frame the blade like vines. They form two 90-degree angles, useful for catching attacking blades. The reddish-silver blade itself has another such tine about midway down on the dull edge, tipped in a wikedly-sharp point.

Elsewhere

When Freddy opens his eyes, she will find himself in a narrow but long building. She is laying face-down on a harsh carpet, barely wider than she is. On either side are cobble-stones which spread out to the walls. It's impossible to tell what the walls are made of, because they are all covered in beautiful, elaborately woven tapestries. Each tapestry shows scenes from some great battle. Should Freddy look up, he will see a woman clad in beautiful brass and steel armour standing beside a two-foot wide bowl of burning coals, set upon a narrow pedestal standing at the far end. She is watching Freddy, waiting for her.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2012-06-03 at 10:28 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

30. - Top - End - #720

Hoodoo Canyon

Jakob frowns, something has changed, for this to be here. Still, he picks up the sword in his spare hand, the one not holding his piece of claimed earth. Such a small, twiglike thing compared to his massive bulk.

Clearly, either it would have to change, or he would.

Assuming the sword doesn't grow to fit him, Jakob's body will shrink to a much less horrendous seven feet tall. The sword may still be a bit short for him, but it would be far easier to wield it if he could actually grip it with all his fingers.