Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 930 of 1497
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Lord Magtok's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Icy Glacier

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Icy Glacier

    The Elemental just blinks when the foot connects with a clink of broken mirror. Apparently, What just answered the age old question of whether or not the Disco Elemental has danglies.

    The answer is no.

    With the mysterious question answered, the Elemental simply aims a powerful fist wrapped in funky energies at What's head.

    POW!

    There goes What's entire pumpkin fa-

    Wait a second, nope! Looks like he's trying to block the thing with one arm! The other, of course, is swinging at the funky fist with a butterfly knife, intending to inflict as many shallow cuts and quick stab wounds as possible, before Disco Elemental either pulls his fist back or works up the energy to plow through What's arm and bash the golem's head in as originally planned.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-06-10 at 09:43 PM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk... Have at you!"
    -Dracula
    Vamptok by Fullbladder

  2. - Top - End - #902
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrchestraHc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Sea

    The carcinos is pulled out of the water, legs and claws flailing. It will target any crew that get too close with its attacks, clumsily stumbling around to make sure people are too close. It's still small enough to walk on land, or the deck of a ship.
    Sea

    "Captain! The chains have been attached to the anchor!" a crewman calls as the carcinos is hauled up to the ship.

    Braun smiles as his tactics are almost to be rewarded. "Aweigh ANCHOR!" he shouts and in an instant the anchor is dropped. If the captain has played his cards right, the giant crab will be yanked to the main mast and hooked by the chains looped around it.

    Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

    My Characters

  3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Under a very shiny rock.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post



    Spoiler
    Show
    Hills


    Mercutio doesn't comment on Thenadier's stout denouement of alcohol, although the gnome-human-thing's insistence fails to convince him. The gnome-human thing does cause him to quirk an eyebrow, however. "Didn't you just say you were-" a sigh, "never mind."
    The devil was quickly running out of patience with this not-mortal. He had his own opinions about immortality and watching those around you die, and drinking juice and eating meat you catch yourself sounds positively luxurious compared to the souls who ended up in his little corner of Hell. For a brief moment, Mercutio entertains the idea of inviting Thenadier to come visit after he dies to see what a real Hell is like, and promptly decides against it.

    One thing does irk him, though. "Evil? What a childish idea of morality. I am not 'evil'. I am a jail-keeper and a scholar. It is my role in life to punish the evil and the wicked, those who reached too far in their quest for knowledge or never had a quest at all. And whereas some devils choose to delight in the punishment they dole out, not I or my kin. We study and labour, using the souls and bodies that find their way to us to learn ever more. There is no evil in what we do, mortal. Only learning."

    A waste of breath, he decides as he finishes his little speech. Mortals like this one before him often placed little value in the education Mercutio valued. Maybe he would meet with Thenadier in the afterlife, after all. Mercutio would freely admit that he did not relish the prospect.

    But before he can say anything to this affect or further adamonish Thenadier, the gift which he has been waiting for arrives. Cutting off any retort Thenadier has with a silencing hand, Mercutio turns his eyes to the sky. He watches as the little orb drifts down, and blinks in surprise to see it take on the form of a bird. It is a beautiful creature, with golden plumage, a long, pointed beak, and bright and clever golden eyes. Its wingspan is as wide as the arm Mercutio holds out for it to land on, the tops of it dusted a pastel pink. It settles down with long, thin, blue talons onto Meructio's coat-sleeve, it's pastel pink and purple tail hanging down as far as Mercutio's waist.

    Mercutio watches his new pet in fascination for a while, before smiling as he realizes it's latent magical energy, untapped and ready to be used. Yes. Mercutio would benefit from this new companion.

    "Well. It's been a pleasure," Mercutio lies, "but I'm afraid I must be off now. You know how it is." Without waiting for an answer, the blue-skinned devil turns and leaves.
    Spoiler
    Show




    Now, Thenadier was a hunter, a demon killer. He hated evil, and devils, demons, and daemons wee commonly referred to as the birth of all evil. He couldn't let this devil walk away to taint someone elses soul and seduce them to evil. He couldn't. To allow the demon to walk free was condemning another soul in his mind. If the devil was just a scholar of lost souls, Thenadier was certainly damned. But, if the devil was lying, Thenadier would remove another spot of the dark tainbt on his soul. With every evil creature he destroys, he believes another of his past acts of evil is washed away. Thenadier grimaced and pulled out a pistol, and in his other hand his cane transforms into the black vorpal blade. ...I'm sorry, I can't let you escape....I can't believe you, see all creatures like you must be evil, you're no scholar. You are a torturer and an executioner of the dead. You shouldn't have left your little hole in whatever hells you come from... Without anymore explanation he shoots the pistol straight at Mercutio's back.
    I DM! So, if you feel a need to play, message me stuff! And if you are in a game with me, plot onwards!

    Spoiler: Haldavar the Red, by Orestes the Bard.
    Show
    "Hear now of Haldavar, whose unholy spell
    Eclipsed the moon, and shook the Hells!
    Yes, hear of Haldavar with beard of snow,
    With tottering footsteps, with wrinkled brow.
    Oh fell Haldavar, whose wicked art
    Could cloak the foulness of his lustful heart."

  4. - Top - End - #904
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Lazorath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    (Edge Of The Hunting Grounds)

    The swarm of flowers reach the edge of the hunting grounds and reform into two masculine figures.
    "Finally we've escaped," Aladar said, sighing in relief.
    "If we stood any longer we would've had to fight."
    "You don't sound to unhappy about that."
    Fenghar remains silent heading into the woods with Aladar.

  5. - Top - End - #905
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    (Edge Of The Hunting Grounds)

    As they head for the fores a shadow steps out of the trees shadow. The shadow looks much lie Fade does, but he is totally shadow grey, even the skin or the eye color. The voic coming from this shadow Fade sounds simular, but with a small echo like there is a long hallway.

    "None fights at DFI. But you have intressting abilities. Maybe we could make a deal?"

    The real Fade is still a bit away, but will close up soon.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    Nexus:Arkant

    I started to do Let's PLay's (German). Here are some Games I play/ed
    Spoiler: Let's Play Games
    Show
    Baldur's Gate EE; Dark Souls, Argarest and Moonchild. Those are the once I made alone

    L4D2 and Dead island are Projects with some friends of mine.

  6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Rainforest

    Furball raises his arm to try and catch the incoming paw, to wrap his arm around it and hold it still so he can give the shoulder joint a powerful blow from a hooked warhammer, trying to shatter it completely.
    Furball's attempt is partially successful. While the hammer strikes home, it does not hit the shoulder joint, as the razormane yanks its arm back furiously. Instead, it hits the beast's lower arm, and the sound of cracking bone can be heard. Howling with pain, the boar-beast tries to gore Furball with its tusks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Kid Kris. Sigatars by Gulaghar, Kid Kris, Zefir and billtodamax, respectively.

  7. - Top - End - #907
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Gnrlshrimp's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Unknown
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    [Clearing in the Forest]

    Michicora and Trisha's wandering in the forest leads them to a clearing containing numerous statues...

    Upon entering into the clearing, the edge of the clearing rumbles loudly, and thick, spiked vines shoot up out of the ground, quickly spreading out and wrapping around each other, effectively creating a wall around the edge of the clearing...

    A voice rings out loudly, with no apparent source...

    "To escape this place, you must fight one of the many opponents contained within this clearing. Choose your foe wisely..."

    And with that, the statues suddenly brighten, glowing...

    There are nine statues in all, and one black stand that seems...empty...as if there were a tenth statue at some point.

    The first statue has an angel and demon, standing back to back. The angel appears to be well armoured, holding a greatsword in her hands raised as if about to strike someone, her mouth open as if she was frozen while yelling, her feathered wings spread wide.. The demoness appears to be wearing some lighter form of armour, designed to show off her body while leaving little visible, save for her wings sticking out from two slits in the armour on her back. Two spiraled horns are visible on her head, and in her hands she holds a long spiked chain.

    The second is of a centaur, front hooves raised as if about to lash out at someone. The bow in his hands is drawn as if he was about to fire an arrow as well. Beneath the centaur stands a large wolf, snarling...

    The third is a rather odd one. It appears to be a lion, but...with a bush on its back? The statue itself seems almost deliberately lacking in detail, making it unclear what exactly is on the lion's back.

    The fourth is rather large compared to the other three. A massive turtle stands here, shell covered in vicious-looking spikes. At the back the turtle has an unusually large tail with more spikes sticking out of it. It looks like that tail could pack quite the punch on impact...

    The fifth...appears to be a heart. A heart as large as a man, to be precise. It's clearly identifiable as a heart, but it doesn't seem quite right. There's definitely numerous more blood vessels going in and out of the heart, and the whole thing seems...twisted, slightly.

    The sixth is particularly bright. A giant insect, seemingly some sort of wasp, stands here. Once again this statue seems kind of lacking in detail, making it impossible to figure out more, only that it's a big ol' insect with a big ol' stinger at the back.

    The seventh is a tarantula...about the size of a horse though, and a large horse at that. Its eight legs are clearly covered in thick wiry hair and those fangs at the front look extremely unpleasant...

    The eighth is a flower. Were it not a dull grey statue, it'd probably be quite beautiful. And in the centre of the flower stands a woman, completely naked. The statue seems particularly detailed, perhaps to entice weak-willed men unfortunate enough to stumble into this place...

    And finally, the ninth statue is a pair of tall, clearly very strong men. They stand easily over six feet tall wearing only loincloths, their bodies rippling with muscles. But these aren't ordinary men. One has the head of a tiger, the other a head of the bear, and the two have their heads raised as if roaring at the sky. The bear-man wields a simple but large club, and the tiger-man holds a pair of short curved swords...

    "Touch the statue of your chosen foe..."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

    Strangers passing in the street,
    By chance two separate glances meet.
    And I am you, and what I see is me.

    Ithuriel the angel has been turned into a cat by banjo1985!

  8. - Top - End - #908
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mr. Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Loving the questions
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Swamp
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    What the... it occurs to Wenomir that what he just saw was just a hallucination caused not by some magic or spirits, but a fever. Which would explain the horrible cold. But how did he get it..?
    And then his head feels like it's splitting in half and he drops to his knees.


    The pain flares behind Wenomir's eyes for a while. After a few moments, however, Wenomir can feel someone's hand touch lightly on his shoulder. At its touch all the pain vanishes, as if whoever had put their hand on his shoulder was responsible for driving it away.

    Pond
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Pond

    Mateo is a Tenebras vampire whose sire was a particularly deranged archmage in life. As a vampire, he was madder and spent most of his time trying to make vampires better, with mixed results (Mateo can't take the shape of a normal-sized bat, instead is much larger; the bear is instead of gas; Mateo can't dominate anybody). It ended when he accidentally broke the telepathic link enabling him to dominate Mateo. I don't think they need their heart, though they're paralyzed if it's impaled with wood.

    So Mateo gets up and dives into the pond after her, growing his claws longer in the process. The siren likely has an advantage; Mateo can't see through murky water, though the darkness poses no obstacle, and Mateo's ears are more sensitive but not designed for hearing underwater.


    There is little enough light in the cave, and even less of it filters into the waters. It doesn't do much good, though. The pond water is filled with silt and floating debris, which obscure Mateo's vision to the point where he can barely see beyond the length of his arm. Everything sounds different, too. Lighter, but also heavier.

    Mateo will feel it pass by him first. A wooshing, a sudden coolness around his legs as the water is displaced. And then it comes. Pond weeds surge up from the bottom of the pond, aiming to wrap themselves around his arms and legs again.

    Desert
    Spoiler
    Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Desert]

    A killing blow. Sort of? The dragon was as good as dead to begin with. With a long sigh Diinuldrum slumps forward onto the ground heavily as his body begins to melt, leaving behind only a heap of sapphire scales and an icy skeleton.
    Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    [Desert]
    Ah well. It needn't concern him, and even had he known she was trapped under ice, it's doubtful it would concern him then either. Ruber was only here for a fight. And now that that's over, rather than seek a new fight, he turns to leave the hunting grounds. He'll need to fix his First morph before he can do much else.
    And also ThirdEmperor.



    Oh boy. The fight with the dragon's finally done. Diinuldrum's remains fade away quickly, the bones and dust dissolving into ash which are lost as the wind picks them up and scatters them away.

    In their place is a small pile of goods.

    There are three swords, piled close together. Their hand-and-a-half hilts are encrusted with glittering blue scales, miniature versions of the dragon's. The hand guards, curving down from the base of the blade, are long fangs filed down so that they are dull and no longer pose a threat to the wielder. The blades themselves, razor sharp on one edge but not the other, are pointed at the top for stabbing and made of bone.

    Next to them is a ring. A simple little thing, easily overlooked: Silver, with a small and pale saphire set in the top.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Desert]

    Well, Enola was more hoping for the heat she was producing to melt the spikes as they formed. At least the ones going for important spots like her head and chest.

    She won't worry too much about any spikes going into her arms and legs. Those'll heal easy enough. Her head and chest are a different matter, even in her current form.


    Enola is trapped. Unless I am mistaken, and I don't think I am, her legs are trapped in a giant block of ice. Countless shards of ice streak towards her exposed torso and head. She can deflect some of them with her blasts of electricity, but not all of them. Eventually, at least one finds its way home and all is darkness.

    Elsewhere

    Hours or moments later, Enola awakens face-down on a harsh carpet. It's dark-green fibres are coarse and grate against her skin. It's barely wider than she is - if she were to reach out with her arms, she could with no effort touch the cobblestone floor with both hands. Should she look up, she'll find herself in a hall. It is narrow but impossibly long. The wooden walls are covered in thick tapestries, which show breathtakingly detailed and lifelike scenes of great warriors and beasts engaged in mortal kombat. At the far end of the hall, a woman stands. Her long brown hair is pulled back in a ponytail, but spills down her back anyway. She is dressed in brass and steel armour, which shines in the light of the bowl of burning coals, set in a pedestal at her side.

    Somewhere Else

    Diinuldrum awakens in a similar hall, identical in every way except that it is much wider than the one Freddy and Enola awoke in, in order to accommodate the dragon's massive size. The Goddess stands at the end of the hall, as before, waiting patiently by her bowl of coals.

    Hills
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post

    Now, Thenadier was a hunter, a demon killer. He hated evil, and devils, demons, and daemons wee commonly referred to as the birth of all evil. He couldn't let this devil walk away to taint someone elses soul and seduce them to evil. He couldn't. To allow the demon to walk free was condemning another soul in his mind. If the devil was just a scholar of lost souls, Thenadier was certainly damned. But, if the devil was lying, Thenadier would remove another spot of the dark taint on his soul. With every evil creature he destroys, he believes another of his past acts of evil is washed away. Thenadier grimaced and pulled out a pistol, and in his other hand his cane transforms into the black vorpal blade. ...I'm sorry, I can't let you escape....I can't believe you, see all creatures like you must be evil, you're no scholar. You are a torturer and an executioner of the dead. You shouldn't have left your little hole in whatever hells you come from... Without anymore explanation he shoots the pistol straight at Mercutio's back.


    Mercutio allows himself a soft sigh. He really should have seen this coming. Honestly, what was he thinking? It was just like a mortal, really. Ignoring a service - a life-saving one, even - in order to peruse some sort of childish vendetta. The devil had hoped forging some sort of alliance would help matters, but that appeared to not be the case.
    What a chore.

    By the time Thenadier starts speaking, Mercutio has already put some distance between them. The shot is hardly point-blank, but then, that hardly matters. By the time he finishes his little speech, Mercutio dissapears in a cloud of sulferic blue smoke. He reappears a fair bit away, by a tree untouched by Thenadier's fire. Lifting his arm. His bird of paradise flies off, soaring up in the sky to circle around him and joining the four cloud-rams.

    Which in turn surge down, horns lowered. All four of them charge Thenadier from above with curled, massive horns.

    Meanwhile, Mercutio shrugs off his coat, hanging it from a branch. Underneath, his black button-up shirt has short sleeves that leave his blue, lightly-scaled arms bare. Lines of text are tattooed in white from his wrists to his elbows, and as he holds his hands out before him they begin to glow. They snake down his arms, pooling between his hands into a small orb of light. The light elongates and grows thin, finally taking the form of a bastard sword. However, Mercutio doesn't rush right in. He hangs back, standing by the tree and watching from afar. He would wait, first. See how Thenadier fared against four cloud-rams at once.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

  9. - Top - End - #909
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ThePhantom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Riverbanks

    After rooting through the mucky remains of the huge troll, Gordon has finally gathered the precious gemstones and heads back to the river to try to wash up a little. Sure, the muck might help him hide, but it reeks a bit much for his tastes.
    He had to put on a gas mask to do that mucking around after all.
    Avatar by Emperor Ing

    LoC Ancients of Void Ap
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current AP 15/15 +2Pantheon AP

  10. - Top - End - #910
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ThirdEmperor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Desert]

    Fun fact: pure water doesn't conduct electricity at all. And the melted elemental ice has resulted in a whole lot of pure water in the smallish cavity Enola is stuck in. Which means her lightning stops exactly none of the ice spikes and tons of non-spiky ice that should be crushing her into paste right about now.

    Meanwhile!

    Stabbed in the base of the neck. Ouch.

    A killing blow. Sort of? The dragon was as good as dead to begin with. With a long sigh Diinuldrum slumps forward onto the ground heavily as his body begins to melt, leaving behind only a heap of sapphire scales and an icy skeleton.
    Perhaps the dragon would have died regardless. Having your neck sliced open tends be lethal like that. But letting Diinuldrum go to the Huntress's hall by something so inglorious as bleeding out in the dirt would be far from a fitting end for such a vicious opponent.

    Pulling his sickle free, One leaps down from the dragon's corpse as it decays to bones, then ash, then finally loot, his brothers meeting him at the site of the beast's fall. The triplets eye the swords, noting the number to be the dame as their own, but they wait for Ruben to take first pick of the treasures.

    "You're not half bad, shapeshifter. Who are you?"
    The Cat Burglar by Ghar. Thanks!

  11. - Top - End - #911
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Lazorath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    (Edge Of The Hunting Grounds)

    As they head for the fores a shadow steps out of the trees shadow. The shadow looks much lie Fade does, but he is totally shadow grey, even the skin or the eye color. The voic coming from this shadow Fade sounds simular, but with a small echo like there is a long hallway.

    "None fights at DFI. But you have intressting abilities. Maybe we could make a deal?"

    The real Fade is still a bit away, but will close up soon.
    (Edge Of The Hunting Grounds)

    Fenghar and Aladarr stop moving and immediately spot a mysterious being within the shadows. They look over at him. Aladar doesn't seem to recognise him but Fenghar seems to recognise the body structure of the shadow.

    The deal causes Aladar to raise his ear, interested in his offer whereas Fenghar doesn't seem to pay attention, not interested in his offer.

  12. - Top - End - #912
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    (Edge Of The Hunting Grounds)

    Without saying anything shadow Fade isn't sure. Are they preparing for a fight or do they want to listen? Well nothing goes if he don't makes a move.

    "I'm not sure what you may want, but I assume you need some help with this world. And I just want to lend your shadow for a moment."

    Real Fade is near and will arrive next post.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    Nexus:Arkant

    I started to do Let's PLay's (German). Here are some Games I play/ed
    Spoiler: Let's Play Games
    Show
    Baldur's Gate EE; Dark Souls, Argarest and Moonchild. Those are the once I made alone

    L4D2 and Dead island are Projects with some friends of mine.

  13. - Top - End - #913
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Lazorath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    (Edge Of The Hunting Grounds)

    Without saying anything shadow Fade isn't sure. Are they preparing for a fight or do they want to listen? Well nothing goes if he don't makes a move.

    "I'm not sure what you may want, but I assume you need some help with this world. And I just want to lend your shadow for a moment."

    Real Fade is near and will arrive next post.
    Aladar stands still whilst Fenghar paces back and forth.
    "And what is it that you want from us?""
    This is a waste of time,"
    Fenghar states waiting for the conversation to end.
    "Let's just hear him out," Aladar says, smirking.

  14. - Top - End - #914
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Under a very shiny rock.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post


    Spoiler
    Show
    Mercutio allows himself a soft sigh. He really should have seen this coming. Honestly, what was he thinking? It was just like a mortal, really. Ignoring a service - a life-saving one, even - in order to peruse some sort of childish vendetta. The devil had hoped forging some sort of alliance would help matters, but that appeared to not be the case.
    What a chore.

    By the time Thenadier starts speaking, Mercutio has already put some distance between them. The shot is hardly point-blank, but then, that hardly matters. By the time he finishes his little speech, Mercutio dissapears in a cloud of sulferic blue smoke. He reappears a fair bit away, by a tree untouched by Thenadier's fire. Lifting his arm. His bird of paradise flies off, soaring up in the sky to circle around him and joining the four cloud-rams.

    Which in turn surge down, horns lowered. All four of them charge Thenadier from above with curled, massive horns.

    Meanwhile, Mercutio shrugs off his coat, hanging it from a branch. Underneath, his black button-up shirt has short sleeves that leave his blue, lightly-scaled arms bare. Lines of text are tattooed in white from his wrists to his elbows, and as he holds his hands out before him they begin to glow. They snake down his arms, pooling between his hands into a small orb of light. The light elongates and grows thin, finally taking the form of a bastard sword. However, Mercutio doesn't rush right in. He hangs back, standing by the tree and watching from afar. He would wait, first. See how Thenadier fared against four cloud-rams at once.
    Spoiler
    Show




    Thenadier growls. This is how it was to be then. Fine. He glares at the demon with eyes of hatred. You're a fool! I am a champion of good! I will destroy you with the light! He will sheath his sword and pull out a potion. He throws this potion down his throat. Then, his whole body catches fire. The holy fire doesn't harm him, but will certainly hurt the cloud rams. He grabs his vorpal blade again. Come get me!
    I DM! So, if you feel a need to play, message me stuff! And if you are in a game with me, plot onwards!

    Spoiler: Haldavar the Red, by Orestes the Bard.
    Show
    "Hear now of Haldavar, whose unholy spell
    Eclipsed the moon, and shook the Hells!
    Yes, hear of Haldavar with beard of snow,
    With tottering footsteps, with wrinkled brow.
    Oh fell Haldavar, whose wicked art
    Could cloak the foulness of his lustful heart."

  15. - Top - End - #915
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    (Edge Of The Hunting Grounds)

    And there comes the real Fade.

    "As i said I want access to your shadow. And I can offer you things you can't reach alone. I'm sure you want something."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    Nexus:Arkant

    I started to do Let's PLay's (German). Here are some Games I play/ed
    Spoiler: Let's Play Games
    Show
    Baldur's Gate EE; Dark Souls, Argarest and Moonchild. Those are the once I made alone

    L4D2 and Dead island are Projects with some friends of mine.

  16. - Top - End - #916
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    orb_of_blood's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    [Desert]

    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Perhaps the dragon would have died regardless. Having your neck sliced open tends be lethal like that. But letting Diinuldrum go to the Huntress's hall by something so inglorious as bleeding out in the dirt would be far from a fitting end for such a vicious opponent.

    Pulling his sickle free, One leaps down from the dragon's corpse as it decays to bones, then ash, then finally loot, his brothers meeting him at the site of the beast's fall. The triplets eye the swords, noting the number to be the dame as their own, but they wait for Ruben to take first pick of the treasures.

    "You're not half bad, shapeshifter. Who are you?"
    Ruber had been about to leave, but turns back to answer the question. And why not? His/her wound posed no true threat to him, though he was slightly concerned for the morph. Still, it could be 'fixed' quite easily when s/he returns to his cave.

    And maybe, the whole vault-over-the-dragon-and-deliver-a-stunning-death-attack move was more impressive than the average attack, and he wouldn't mind talking to the person who did such a feat. Not that Ruber would ever admit anything impressed him.

    “Ruber.” S/he crosses his/her arms and studies the triplets. “Dragon, rakshasa, and ruler of Laira. Sorta.” Okay, maybe not, but it sounded better than 'brother to the ruler of Laira'. And maybe every now and then he could push certain decisions onto the true ruler if she was in a good mood. “And you three would be?”

    Ruber notices the loot. Huh... good thing s/he hadn't left, then. S/he also notes the triplets eyeing the swords.

    If he wanted to be cruel s/he'd take a sword. And Ruber loved being cruel, if only to watch dramatic reactions. But in this case, another weapon is the last thing he needs, so s/he stoops to pick up the ring, instead. “Say... what happened to that other woman that was fighting too?”
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

  17. - Top - End - #917
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Mr. Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Loving the questions
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Desert

    Up close, the ring is much more beautiful. Holding it in his/her hands, Ruber can see a pair of angelic wings etched into the band of the ring, spreading out from the sapphire. Fluffy feathers fall from them all the way to the bottom of the ring. The designs are etched so finely that should s/he run his/her finger over them and barely feel their presence. S/he also becomes aware, innately and without need of thought or concentration, that this is a Ring of Featherfall. Should s/he find him/herself falling, the magical properties of the ring will slow his/her fall and gently deposit him on the ground - or whatever else lays below. As well, s/he can sense that the ring will stretch and grow to fit whatever shape Ruber should choose to take on. However, even as s/he discovers all this, s/he can also tell that it will only be good for a limited time. After fifteen uses, the magic will run out and the ring will be little more than jewellery.

    Hills

    "Uh-huh." Mercutio watches as the cloud-rams swarm towards Thenadier. For a moment, he considers leaving. After all, how hard would it be to teleport away, not bothering to deal with this uppity little mortal? But, no. That would hardly be sporting, and after all this was technically why he'd come here to start with. He'd just hoped to be stronger before this point.
    Ah well.

    The cloud rams reach Thenadier. His fire meets the condensed water vapour, causing it to boil and steam. But it does little to stop their momentum, and the four pairs of crushing horns bear down on him.

    Hmm. That fire was going to be a problem, Mercutio realizes. Even from here, he could smell how disgustingly pure it was. All feathers and sunshine and pretentiousness. That was going to hurt if it touched him. Normal fire couldn't do much, but that? Even if it didn't kill him, it could easily cripple him and whatever wounds it inflicted would heal slowly and painfully, leaving terrible scars - if they healed at all.
    Previously Mercutio had planned on close quarters combat. He'd seen how well Thenadier handled a gun and wanted to avoid any bullets in his general bodily area. The holy fire that wreathed Thenadier, however, meant that he would have to be very, very careful about that plan. He was still hopelessly outmatched at ranged combat, but if he could keep Thenadier at a distance...

    The bastard sword in Mercutio's hand shimmers, growing longer and thinner. Soon it is as long as Mercutio is tall, a round shaft topped with a foot-long blade, curved like an ace and pointed like a sword. He twirls the soul-bound glaive above his head, getting a feel for its weight, and then teleports.

    Regardless of whatever Thenadier does to deal with the cloud-rams, Mercutio will appear behind him shortly after, two metres away and framed by dark blue smoke. He slashes downwards and sideways with his glaive, aiming to cut Thenadier's hamstrings.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

  18. - Top - End - #918
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Earl of Purple's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Garden of the Angles
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Pond

    Oh, dear. Mateo had forgotten about the pondweed. He turns around and tries to slice it with his claws, though the fact that the water's slowing his movements and he can't see or hear very well underwater means that it's likely that Mateo will get wrapped up easily.

    Sea

    The carcinos is pulled towards the mast, its struggles futile as it is ill-adapted for life on land (or a ship, as the case may be). It crunches into the mast, continuing to flail with its legs and claws. The legs are used as clubs, trying to whack any that get too close away from it, whilst the claws try to grab and dismember anybody that gets too close.
    Semper in faecibus suvum, sole profundum variant.

    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

    I have a point!

    I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

  19. - Top - End - #919
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    The Mad Hatter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Under a very shiny rock.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Hills

    "Uh-huh." Mercutio watches as the cloud-rams swarm towards Thenadier. For a moment, he considers leaving. After all, how hard would it be to teleport away, not bothering to deal with this uppity little mortal? But, no. That would hardly be sporting, and after all this was technically why he'd come here to start with. He'd just hoped to be stronger before this point.
    Ah well.

    The cloud rams reach Thenadier. His fire meets the condensed water vapour, causing it to boil and steam. But it does little to stop their momentum, and the four pairs of crushing horns bear down on him.

    Hmm. That fire was going to be a problem, Mercutio realizes. Even from here, he could smell how disgustingly pure it was. All feathers and sunshine and pretentiousness. That was going to hurt if it touched him. Normal fire couldn't do much, but that? Even if it didn't kill him, it could easily cripple him and whatever wounds it inflicted would heal slowly and painfully, leaving terrible scars - if they healed at all.
    Previously Mercutio had planned on close quarters combat. He'd seen how well Thenadier handled a gun and wanted to avoid any bullets in his general bodily area. The holy fire that wreathed Thenadier, however, meant that he would have to be very, very careful about that plan. He was still hopelessly outmatched at ranged combat, but if he could keep Thenadier at a distance...

    The bastard sword in Mercutio's hand shimmers, growing longer and thinner. Soon it is as long as Mercutio is tall, a round shaft topped with a foot-long blade, curved like an ace and pointed like a sword. He twirls the soul-bound glaive above his head, getting a feel for its weight, and then teleports.

    Regardless of whatever Thenadier does to deal with the cloud-rams, Mercutio will appear behind him shortly after, two metres away and framed by dark blue smoke. He slashes downwards and sideways with his glaive, aiming to cut Thenadier's hamstrings.
    Thenadier growls and lifts the massive vorpal blade into the air. He swings it in a whirlwind and the black blade ought to snap all of the cloud ram's horns in one fell swoop. He yells out in battle rush. I will destroy evil! BASK IN THE HOLY FIRE OF ARMENGAZ! He will then yell out and the fire covering his body bursts in a display of potent power. Mercutio would be hurt most likely causing him to miss Thenadier. Then doesn't realize Mercutio is behind him though, and the burst was meant for the rams.
    I DM! So, if you feel a need to play, message me stuff! And if you are in a game with me, plot onwards!

    Spoiler: Haldavar the Red, by Orestes the Bard.
    Show
    "Hear now of Haldavar, whose unholy spell
    Eclipsed the moon, and shook the Hells!
    Yes, hear of Haldavar with beard of snow,
    With tottering footsteps, with wrinkled brow.
    Oh fell Haldavar, whose wicked art
    Could cloak the foulness of his lustful heart."

  20. - Top - End - #920
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ThePhantom's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hiding in the shadows
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Plains]

    Did the swarmy things avoid the flame-thrower breath? Or was it forgotten?

    Anywho!

    Finding an opening on Freddie may prove difficult. Hisr four tails strike like serpents, aiming to spear or cleave anything that gets too close to himr. And the Claw of Chatturgath somehow ended up in hisr hands again in the form of a polearm.

    She moves deftly and with grace, though if they all jumped himr at the same time it might be difficult to avoid the attack.

    Should the not so small critter leap at Freddie she'll aim to ram the polearm into its underbelly and use its own momentum to hurl it over hisr back.

    Active wisps: 8
    Inactive wisps: 0
    Stored wisps: 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Plains

    Morbit attempts to attack one of the smaller creatures. It'll attack from the side, darting in quickly and biting and stabbing with its tail before retreating back into the grass. Morbit's teeth are those of a pig, and rather sharp, whilst the tail has a wasp's stinger complete with venom on the end. It's only wasp venom, but Morbit's larger than a wasp so there's more poison injected.

    Morbit's aim with the bite is to gain blood, which it can analyse for useful hereditary abilities, one of which it will copy.
    (Forgot the flamethrower breath)

    A number of the small ones perish by the tails, while a not as small one gets sent over Freddy's head. When Freddy unleases the fire breath, all the smaller ones back away, they have a fear of fire. Seeing as its pack members are getting killed and being forced back, the largest creature runs towards Freddy, trying to take a bite out of himr.

    As for Morbit, the blood would reveal the traits of a strong pack mentality, as well as the males of this species having the possiblity of getting fairly big. The small ones are younger males, with the not as small ones being the females. The largest creature is the alpha male of this group. Another trait is that these creature are fairly fast, and have decent jumping abilities.

    Small males: 7
    Females: 6
    Alpha: 1
    Last edited by ThePhantom; 2012-06-14 at 03:45 PM.
    Avatar by Emperor Ing

    LoC Ancients of Void Ap
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current AP 15/15 +2Pantheon AP

  21. - Top - End - #921
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KerfuffleMach2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A mitten.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    [Desert]

    Well, if the electricity is moving around her, then obviously the charge has some place to go. So, it should be producing heat.

    So, she should be able to melt herself free after a bit. Sure, she'll have a few new holes in her. But those'll heal. They always do.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2012-06-12 at 07:55 PM.

    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

    I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

    Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose

    CHARACTERS
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

  22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    happyturtle's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    undercovers

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    ((Kerfuffle, you may want to see this post by Moon Called.))


    Rainforest

    Acacia still has black spots in her vision, but she struggles to reach for her blow gun. Ugh. No good. She'd never get decent aim, even if her mate weren't in the way. She's going to have to move.

    Any day now....
    Is it okay to skip me? Probably.
    In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on.
    ~Robert Frost

    Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.

  23. - Top - End - #923
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    ThirdEmperor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In the Playground

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Desert

    If he wants to talk to One, well, Ruber's probably out of luck there. One isn't precisely 'talkative'. In fact I can only recall him ever speaking three times. And as two of those were to incite violence and suggest killing people in terrible ways, perhaps that's for the best.

    The other two are only too happy to talk for their silent brother though, as each takes a blade and begins testing it out, going through basic weapons drills as they talk to get a feel for the weight and balance.

    "I'm First." "Alpha. He's One." This last is accompanied by Alpha helpfully pointing out One with his fancy new ice-sword. "As for the girl, can't say for sure, but I wouldn't bet on her being alive.." Considering she was entombed in ice that then exploded, as well as the fact that no gift was left for her, it's a rather sensible conclusion.

    "Long way from your lands, ain't you?" The Nexus is pretty big and all, so for all the triplets know this Laira place is just part of it, but certainly not anywhere nearby last time they checked.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-06-12 at 08:08 PM.
    The Cat Burglar by Ghar. Thanks!

  24. - Top - End - #924
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    KerfuffleMach2's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A mitten.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    ((Kerfuffle, you may want to see this post by Moon Called.))
    ((Ah...okay then...))

    As Enola seems to favor covering her head with her good arm, some of the spikes make it into her torso. The wounds get to her, and she goes limp, her body returning to its normal form.

    Curiously, she doesn't bleed as much as a normal person. And what blood does drip down the ice is awfully dark. For anybody that can sense such things, the dark aura returns, but doesn't leave quickly like it did before. It seems to hover around her for now.

    Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

    I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

    Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose

    CHARACTERS
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

  25. - Top - End - #925
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Lazorath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    (Edge Of The Hunting Grounds)

    And there comes the real Fade.

    "As i said I want access to your shadow. And I can offer you things you can't reach alone. I'm sure you want something."
    "I have an idea of what I want," says Aladar, "but what is it you intend to do with my shadow?""There's nothing that we need from him," says Fenghar telepathically.
    "I know...but it would be useful to have him owe us," he says, smirking to Fade.

  26. - Top - End - #926
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Hydranova's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    Oh hey, Damon has decided to get involved now.
    With fire.

    Now, when Yolvich ran over and drew his blade across the wyrm's hide, it proceeded to bleed and growl.
    A reasonable, calm reaction.

    But when that ball of fire flew near, the dragon flips out just a little, jerking away from both of the men in a burst of wind.
    Black, pink, or orange, fire looks like fire and it seems this particularly monster is really not very fond of it.
    Which would explain why it spends a moment deliberately trying to expunge the flames with trails of wind, rather than trying to bite off Yolvich's head or something.

    Fire scary!
    Yolvich grunted in effort, bringing up his shield to block the wind. Taking advantage of the momentary distraction, he made for shelter behind a rock. He retrieved his crossbow, safe from sight and loaded another harpoon on it. Making sure the mechanism was loaded, he took to aiming, waiting for the winds to die down.

  27. - Top - End - #927
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    orb_of_blood's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    [Desert]

    Ruber shrugs, an act which causes a small torrent of blood to run down his/her arm. "A mere spell away." Which reminds him that idle chat while his First morph is wounded is a terrible idea.

    S/he examines the ring closer. Well... that's somewhat useful. And maybe it'll make the any annoying air-fights less destructive.

    But that's as much as s/he can wait around for. Giving the triplets a nod, s/he walks a little ways until s/he's in a fairly clear area and leaves the Hunting Grounds. It's a good thing s/he was in a clear area too, as the teleportation spell needs to be quite powerful to break through to his planet, and would have dragged along anything else that was nearby him/her, or merely zapped and burned it with raw, unrefined magic. Either way.
    Last edited by orb_of_blood; 2012-06-13 at 12:37 AM.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

  28. - Top - End - #928
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazorath View Post
    "I have an idea of what I want," says Aladar, "but what is it you intend to do with my shadow?""There's nothing that we need from him," says Fenghar telepathically.
    "I know...but it would be useful to have him owe us," he says, smirking to Fade.
    (Edge Of The Hunting Grounds)

    "I just want to learn and know. Your shadow would tell me all I want. It would be done in a few moments which need days in real time."

    Actually this isn't true, but it's not false as well. Actually Fade copies the shadows and while using them he copies the abilities. For example if you can cast a fireball he can do it as well while using the shadow. A simple no would block him from doing so.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    Nexus:Arkant

    I started to do Let's PLay's (German). Here are some Games I play/ed
    Spoiler: Let's Play Games
    Show
    Baldur's Gate EE; Dark Souls, Argarest and Moonchild. Those are the once I made alone

    L4D2 and Dead island are Projects with some friends of mine.

  29. - Top - End - #929
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Lazorath's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    (EDGE OF THE HUNTING GROUNDS)

    "Hmmm...." Aladar says, thinking to himself.
    "This is starting to annoy me," Fenghar states, causing him to give a dark, negative expression on his face but also manages to make Aladar smile.
    "I dunno...I need to know if you're worth having my shadow," he says giving off an evil smile.
    They both pause for several seconds, murmuring words to one another telepathically then Fenghar walks towards the left whilst Aladar stays still.
    "You know...you're not in the DFI anymore...I'd run if I were you.."
    "Unless you want my shadow that is," Aladar says in a playful tone whilst he walks over towards the left.
    It was clear that Fenghar wasn't interested but Aladar seemed as if he was but out of the two Fenghar would seem to be the one who would have ideally wanted to take this offer. To throw away his powers...but he knew that it would be better in his hands than in someone far worse.
    Aladar on the other hand wanted to be powerful and unmatched but it seems as though the tables have turned.
    All Aladar currently wants is chaos which is why he slams his fist to the ground with Fenghar which causes a huge explosion and the dust would would fill the air, decreasing visibility for several minutes.

  30. - Top - End - #930
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

    (Edge Of The Hunting Grounds)

    Fade is less impressed by there words. The fact that one of them is annoyed just seems to tell him he is doing it right, because near everyone he talks to get's annoyed ALWAYS!

    "I can't get your shadow when your going to die." Fade answers the pair.

    The real Fade does nothing other than looking around to see the movement of his enemys. The shadow Fade seem to have dissapeared when the dust came up. A look up would reveal a much larger shadow of a giant.(The skyscraper high ones) The shadow giant uses his big hand to wave away the dust. Hoping this works Fade prepares himself.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika
    Nexus:Arkant

    I started to do Let's PLay's (German). Here are some Games I play/ed
    Spoiler: Let's Play Games
    Show
    Baldur's Gate EE; Dark Souls, Argarest and Moonchild. Those are the once I made alone

    L4D2 and Dead island are Projects with some friends of mine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •