New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1497
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Hunting Grounds

[Hoodoo Forest/Plains Boundary]

"Nothing of use to you. Things put on me, not it. Get too close, we both go up,"
    he answers, sounding a touch nervous, as he's figured out that she's getting closer by now. "So staying back would be advisable, I think; you don't want to get in it, or get shot, since I don't care for a dousing either..."

With that, he pauses for a moment, pouring his weight into the metalminds that he has attached to his arms, and, once he's near-weightless, shoving against a coin he set on the pillar he's standing on, sending him sailing into the air, landing on a nearby one a few moments later.

((All of that is attempted, of course, since I don't know what sort of stuff Ghoul might have to stop him.))

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

In her earlier hunger induced fugue, the muse had neglected to carry much in the way of projectile weaponry and was quite limited to close range combat at the moment. However, the muse saw this as an opportunity to test just how much her abilities had been enhanced from her turning. It was about time that she figured out her new 'benchmark' so to speak.

"So, you're saying that if I get close, then the thing will just go up regardless?" Ghoul asked before dashing towards the mage's new position, the augmentations in her legs coiling before launching her into a leap that would put her quite a ways up the pillar the mage was standing on. What might be more surprising, aside from the sheer speed of her motion, would be how easily she stuck to the rock face. It appeared as if she wasn't even making an effort to find a handhold. Seems like killing that old lizard is going to be more useful than I first thought.

Even though her movements would now be limited, her reaction time would be quite beyond that of any 'normal' human and being coupled with her detection and prediction software would still make her a challenge to hit. "Sounds like quite a design flaw. But I suppose people have done stranger things." she said with a steely smile, her fangs glinting in the moonlight.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Troll in the Playground

{Nearing the Hunting Grounds}

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Alright." Vincent says, falling in step.

Fortunately there is no wrong way! You just keep going until you reach one of the four town edges, and then the map becomes big and you're standing on a town. Vincent takes over from there anyways. Once you're at that point there's a wrong way, but he's not horribly concerned about it.

"You know, we haven't really had much chance to talk." Other than Catoline glaring and hating and running away.

They can reach the Hunting Grounds thread whenever you post there.
    And what would we talk about? Catoline says, now following, and not really happy about it. How about, "Why do you get to lead, hmm? Is this some kind of male domination thing you have?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post

In her earlier hunger induced fugue, the muse had neglected to carry much in the way of projectile weaponry and was quite limited to close range combat at the moment. However, the muse saw this as an opportunity to test just how much her abilities had been enhanced from her turning. It was about time that she figured out her new 'benchmark' so to speak.

"So, you're saying that if I get close, then the thing will just go up regardless?" Ghoul asked before dashing towards the mage's new position, the augmentations in her legs coiling before launching her into a leap that would put her quite a ways up the pillar the mage was standing on. What might be more surprising, aside from the sheer speed of her motion, would be how easily she stuck to the rock face. It appeared as if she wasn't even making an effort to find a handhold. Seems like killing that old lizard is going to be more useful than I first thought.

Even though her movements would now be limited, her reaction time would be quite beyond that of any 'normal' human and being coupled with her detection and prediction software would still make her a challenge to hit. "Sounds like quite a design flaw. But I suppose people have done stranger things." she said with a steely smile, her fangs glinting in the moonlight.
    Reach for the bag. Quickly. But not, perhaps, fast enough. For he was still limited to the speed of a human, and against Ghoul, that was barely enough speed for anything.

Still, if he does, somehow, manage to get it off his shoulder, she'll probably be on him before it hits the ground, and then have perhaps thirty seconds to a minute to act before the bag ruptures, spewing the gas he was talking about out at an amazing rate.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, I'm just the main character, so it defaults to me. Don't worry, this is a decently cool game in terms of options." Vincent pulls up the Menu and... switches the two characters battle positions!

Suddenly Catoline is in the lead and will be the main character on maps. Sure not many games have this option, but it's been done.

"There you go."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #1236

[Hoodoo Forest/ Plains Boundery]

If Ghoul was able to reach the metal manipulating mage before he was rid of his satchel, then she would use the force of her lunge to try and knock him off his perch. If she understood correctly, then he would then have a choice between getting rid of the bag or slowing his fall. Assuming she was on target of course.

If the mage managed to free himself of the necrotic metal, though, then she would manifest her claws and aim at raking them across his flesh in a manner to cause as much damage as possible. Either way, with the local terrain, she had enough walls to cling to in order to keep away from the noxious gas.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

"No, I'm just the main character, so it defaults to me. Don't worry, this is a decently cool game in terms of options." Vincent pulls up the Menu and... switches the two characters battle positions!

Suddenly Catoline is in the lead and will be the main character on maps. Sure not many games have this option, but it's been done.

"There you go."
    The world screen shows the same cute catgirl last seen on Melody's Island during the mini-game. She's smiling and happy. Gaahh. Switch it back. Switch it back! she says, panicking.

8. - Top - End - #1238

Lava Fields

Jakob stands alive once more, free of the cursed lock that the demon had held around his neck and ready for another round with the beasts of this area. He had chosen this field of molten glass and obsidian to wait for a challenge, as he could feel the raw mana it held beneath the radiant black stone that cut his feet to ribbons and spilled bubbling blood over it in bright red trickling streams.

He would wait here, and watch as he doom arrived for him.

((Closed-ish scene))
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lava Fields

Jakob doesn't have long to wait.

An object appears in the sky, coming towards him. It grows in size, resolving slowly into the shape of a dragon. It is jet black, covered in thick scales the texture of the stone of the ground beneath Jakob's feet. Red light spills from its eyes and mouth. Colossus wings beat at the air, propelling it through an erratic flightpath as it approaches.

Soon it becomes clear why it is flying in such a manner. A smaller object proceeds it, darting and swooping desperately to escape the dragon's snapping jaws.

The tiny creature dives towards Jakob, flying past in a blur of black feathers and hits the ground hard behind him, rolling to a stop where it pants heavily.

The dragon pulls up and circles a few times before dropping heavily several dozen yards away. The ground quakes under it as it lands and it turns to face Jakob. It snarls and lets out a bellowing roar that shakes the earth. The hardened lava around its feet cracks and splits, a red hot glow rising from the cracks.

It looks like it has found a more appetizing meal. Though why it was putting so much energy into chasing a tiny bird is a bit baffling. Either way, Jakob has a new opponent.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

10. - Top - End - #1240

Lava Fields

Jakob looks at the bird with an almost quizzical expression, ignoring the behemoth for now. Did he know this creature?

Chances are he didn't, but he remembered Mercutio using birds as scouts in the past, so although the chances are slim that this bird and dragon belonged to his on again off again foe, he was willing to take a moment and deal with it.

Raising his long, wicked sword towards the dragon, the hulking giant intones, "Jakob will deal with lizard in moment. Excuse us." Putting up his other hand, a glob of liquid, pinkish hued flame bursts into life between his meaty fingers and he hurls it at the bird in a slow, underhand toss.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #1241

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lava Fields

The flames lob slowly towards the bird. The crow flops and hops tiredly in an attempt to avoid the flames, but fails to get out of the way in time. The flames hit the bird. With a pained caw, the crow begins flop about before collapsing. The flames continue to burn, but the bird does not seem to be doing more than lying and smouldering.

The dragon, on the other hand, has grown impatient. It lets out another roar and breaths a gout of fire at Jakob.

12. - Top - End - #1242

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Lava Fields

The flames lob slowly towards the bird. The crow flops and hops tiredly in an attempt to avoid the flames, but fails to get out of the way in time. The flames hit the bird. With a pained caw, the crow begins flop about before collapsing. The flames continue to burn, but the bird does not seem to be doing more than lying and smouldering.

The dragon, on the other hand, has grown impatient. It lets out another roar and breaths a gout of fire at Jakob.
    Lava Fields

Jakob frowns for a moment. If that was one of the demon's birds, he would have done something to counter the attack. There is obviously something else going on here if the clinging flame hasn't destroyed it yet though. Then there is no more time for contemplation, as the onrushing wave of fire filling his peripheral vision takes priority. Unfortunately for him, the dragon was too close for Jakob to dodge the entirety of the blast of heat, but by leaping straight upwards he manages to save all but his lower legs from the searing heat, and those are only licked by the very edge of the flame. How much damage was done by this depends on the heat of the flame, which I'll leave the dragon's player to describe.

Meanwhile, Jakob's leap up brings him right back down, the arc of his jump aiming to land him on the dragon's head, his sword-arm attempting to drive the weapon through the eye of the beast and end this.

13. - Top - End - #1243

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lava Fields

The flames are hot, but were apparently meant to get his attention, not kill him. His legs are scorched but not worse than that.

As he comes down with the sword, the dragon kicks its wings and rears up, letting Jakob pass in front of him. It hops back and drops to all fours again, snapping at him with its powerful jaws.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post

The world screen shows the same cute catgirl last seen on Melody's Island during the mini-game. She's smiling and happy. Gaahh. Switch it back. Switch it back! she says, panicking.

"What? Why?"
    Vincent is confused by Catoline's women power circle of confusion. But Vincent changes it back all the same.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Quote Originally Posted by Jacklu View Post
    Lava Fields

The flames are hot, but were apparently meant to get his attention, not kill him. His legs are scorched but not worse than that.

As he comes down with the sword, the dragon kicks its wings and rears up, letting Jakob pass in front of him. It hops back and drops to all fours again, snapping at him with its powerful jaws.
    Lava Fields

Jakob's free hand reaches out as he hits the hot ground with a slight stumble and steadies himself in the instant of peace he has before the dragon's snout is bearing down on him. In the blink of an eye, the hand twists and stretches grotesquely into a massive scythe-like claw made of razor-edged chitin that gleams a soft black. As Jakob uses his sword to brace himself against a crack in the obsidian so he can let the dragon spear itself on his claw (or not) another scytheclaw begins working its way out from under his shirt as he decides that more force is needed here.

16. - Top - End - #1246

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lava Fields

The dragon snaps its jaws on the scythe, impaling the roof and base of its mouth. It immediately pulls back, roaring in pain. Brilliant red blood flows from its jaws, igniting as it hits the air. The dragon retreats a few steps.

It shakes its head, sending fiery blood spattering in all directions. It paws the ground, claws rending deep furrows in the obsidian. It eyes Jakob, then opens its mouth and lets loose another gout of flames. This time, however, the flames are hot enough to bring the obsidian beneath the path of the fire to a red glow. Should Jakob be paying attention, he should have a second or two of warning that the dragon was about to breath fire again.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Troll in the Playground

"What? Why?"
    Vincent is confused by Catoline's women power circle of confusion. But Vincent changes it back all the same.
    Why does the game continue to show me as a cute catgirl? Catoline frowns. I'm not cute, I'm fierce. She raises up on her toes, extends her claws at Vincent, and growls. Fierce!

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

{Arriving at the Hunting Grounds}

"D'awww... so cute!"
    Vincent might cuddle her if it wouldn't result in hp loss.

"Well we're here."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #1249

Lava Fields

Jakob uses those seconds well, lowering his claw to the obsidian and tapping against it with the tip. There is a brief rumble before a wall of liquid, living stone spring up before him, wrapping around him in a hemisphere that directs the radiant wave of heat off to each side, sparing him a painful, burning death. He doesn't have much time to do anything else but hunker down behind the wall for now and wait for the dragon to run out of breath.

20. - Top - End - #1250

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lava Fields

The flames last for a surprisingly long time. When the do stop, the dragon huffs several times before charging at the stone barrier, dropping its head and bearing its solid horns, ready to smash the stone to pieces and trample Jakob.

The small black bird has resumed flopping again, attempting to cast off the flames as best as it can.

21. - Top - End - #1251

Lava Field

The stone wall, glowing and tinkling as the comparatively cool air begins to cool it from its nearly molten state, grows spikes along its face as it attempts to defend its master, but that won't stop it from being destroyed with an angry dragon attempting to smash through it, just make its death a bit more painful.

Jakob leaps back and up, flexing the charred muscles of his legs as he sales up and away from the dragon's head. His concentration is no longer on maintaining the flames, so if the bird can smother them they should go out on their own. Meanwhile, as he reaches the apex of his leap he hurls his sword with his remaining human hand, aiming for it to land point-first in the dragon's left wing joint. If he can disable its ability to fly, they'll be on much more even ground. As he begins to descend, the hand that was holding the sword also twists itself into a scytheclaw, joining the other two in a deadly swipe that tries to embed them into the dragon's neck as he falls past.

22. - Top - End - #1252

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lava Fields

The dragon smashes through the stone, taking some damage on its face, but not much. It swipes at Jakob as he leaps away.

It spreads its wings to follow and takes the sword exactly where Jakob intended to hit. The dragon shrieks and rears up, flapping its wings hard. Despite the sword lodged in the joint, the left wing works well enough for the dragon to get airborne. It twists out of Jakob's line of attack and climbs hard, turning when it has good altitude and breathing a line of fire at the ground as it dives towards him.

23. - Top - End - #1253

Lava Fields

The swipe whistles by Jakob, parting the air between his claws as he leans back a hair to let it pass by him. Once he's on the ground again, he braces himself to leap again before thinking better of it. Instead, he runs toward the shadow of the dragon and just barely makes it out of the way as the line of fire licks his heels. Once under the diving dragon, he leaps straight up, thrusting blindly upwards to try and perforate the dragon's underbelly with his claws.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Troll in the Playground

"D'awww... so cute!"
    Vincent might cuddle her if it wouldn't result in hp loss.

"Well we're here."
    Catoline sniffs the air, trying to catch the sent of their prey. Not cute. Fierce.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

"What do you think makes you so cute? Makes me so cute? Cause we're super strong and fierce." Vincent likes fierce.

Though he'd definitely pick Caroline over Catoline.

Vincent heads in to look for the monster they're supposed to kill.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #1256

(Well the picture of the beast showed it in a forested area, so that's where they should start.)

27. - Top - End - #1257

WolfInSheepsClothing

Lava Fields

Jakob's scythe arm hits the dragon and sinks into its underbelly. And catches. The dragon bellows and shudders in the air. Its wings stop beating for a moment and it plummets. Meanwhile, blood gushes from the wound, igniting as it hits the air, threatening to soak Jakob in liquid fire.

The bird beats the flames out and lays there panting heavily from the effort.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Troll in the Playground

"What do you think makes you so cute? Makes me so cute? Cause we're super strong and fierce." Vincent likes fierce.

Though he'd definitely pick Caroline over Catoline.

Vincent heads in to look for the monster they're supposed to kill.
    Catoline frowns at Vincent. That... doesn't make any sense. Fierce is the direct opposite of cute. She follows Vincent toward the forest, keep her nose, ears, and eyes alert for danger.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

{Arriving at the Forest Hunting Grounds}

"I thought fugly was the direct opposite of cute?"

Vincent heads in to look for the monster they're supposed to kill. Just... over there where there are trees.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #1260

Forest

Still little sign of the monster that Vincent and Catoline seek, but out of a bush floats a ball of blue light. If either looks closer, the ball is made out of a swarm of small bugs.