New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr._Blinky View Post
    Harrier's an Ultrarare though, so it should be good. And have you really not seen that many Piranhas? Because the Platinum matches I play in are about 80-90% Piranhas. That's honestly not an exaggeration; at least three times today I went into Platinum matches and it was the only gun anyone was using, with the sorta' exception of Demolishers or Destroyers who were wielding a Harrier/Typhoon in addition to the Piranha. It's an absolutely degenerate gun.
    I wish I had a Harrier/Typhoon. I just have to make do with my Indra instead.

But yes, I've seen a lot of Piranhas in Gold play among anyone who doesn't value 200% power cooldown.

P.S. I used to be down to only 1-2 rockets. Now after a bit of Gold play and a dry run of no medigel packs, I'm now up to 30+ rockets, but 2 medigel =P Ye gods, I hate the RNG.

P.P.S. For Demolisher grenades, I hate freakin' Phantoms. The AI is great at putting up the "lol no powers for j00" shield when a grenade is incoming =P
    Last edited by Joran; 2012-08-08 at 05:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

For those who want to see what the Pirahna X can do on Platinum in the hands of a geth infiltrator, take a look here.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

So, all the original characters are now mine, except the female human infiltrator, for some reason, which remains resolutely on 2/4. Bwaha. Now I just need the last Justicar unlock and I'll have all the Resurgence characters as well. The only question is will I finally get a Harrier before being inundated with level 4 ammo cards? I can only hope.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Balance Updates

Enemy Shields and Barriers
    - (Platinum) The delay before enemy shields/barriers start regenerating increased from 4 to 6 seconds

Cerberus Atlas and Geth Prime
    - (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 65% to 75%
    - (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 16.5% to 20% per second

Cerberus Phantom
    - (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 75% to 85%
    - (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 25% to 30% per second
    - (Platinum) The force threshold to cause Phantoms to stagger lowered to Gold levels

Reaper Marauder and Cerberus Engineer, Turret, Nemesis, and Centurion
    - (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 85% to 90%
    - (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 33% to 40% per second

Reaper Banshee
    - (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 16.5% to 20% per second

Geth Rocket Trooper, Hunter and Pyro
    - (Platinum) Max amount of shields regenerated increased from 85% to 90%
    - (Platinum) Rate of shield regeneration increased from 33% to 40% per second

Arc Grenade Power (Male Quarian)
    - Base damage decreased from 450 to 400 to match the N7 Demolisher

Ballistic Blades Power
    - Base damage increased from 800 to 900

N7 Piranha Shotgun
    - Damage decreased from [70.9-88.7] to [61.7-77.1]

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    EDIT: screw the RNG.
    I've bought five packs. The first two both had Krysae and Reegar upgrades. The last three? Acolyte and piranha (or sometimes piranha and acolyte; to shake things up, you see). The game is seriously going to give me every weapon before I get anything else!

I should be a lot more excited. I am 7 upgrades (six packs) from getting only gear as Ultra Rares forever. But no, I'm not, because I'd really like that new class now please
    Well, once you get all of the Rare weapons maxed, you will basically only get character cards so it shouldn't take you too much longer.

Recently I've noticed that I've been getting a gear card in almost every PSP I open. It's really nice. Of course I've also had a dearth of URs, so...
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Operation: OLYMPUS is the weekend event. Looks to be OK.

Operation OLYMPUS (August 10th-12th)

Increased Reaper activity has been reported around London. Operation OLYMPUS will focus large-scale strikes on the Reapers to buy the Resistance time to investigate.

Squad Goal: Full extraction from Firebase London using any Kit on any difficulty

Allied Goal: Using any Kit/ Map combination against any enemy, complete wave 10 on a combined community total of 200,000 Bronze missions, 175,000 Silver missions and 70,000 Gold missions.

Special Circumstance: None

Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack
    Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack

Requirement: Mass Effect: Earth must be installed
    Of course, given that Firebase London is one of the worst maps ever... Allied goal doesn't seem too bad, but I'm having difficulties with finding Silver and Gold missions with only two DLCs installed. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and redownload Resurgence. (It'll get me my Geth SMG, Engineer, and Infiltrator, among other things)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Spamalot in the Playground

So I realized why I wasn't getting any Vorcha, why my wait times were so long etc. This whole time I didn't have Rebellion installed I should have known something was fishy when I would only get Thessia and that electric dam facility at my friend's house.

But this does also explain how I got so many N7s so quickly. (The only one I'm missing is the Vanguard one.) So there might be a silver lining to that cloud.

Perhaps if you're out to collect N7s, uninstalling Rebellion and Resurgence prior to buying the packs might be a good strategy? To coin a D&D phrase, it would reduce your d12 back down to a d6.

EDIT: Unless... would doing that remove the classes you already got from those expansions? I hope not!
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-08-08 at 11:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

EDIT: Unless... would doing that remove the classes you already got from those expansions? I hope not!
    It doesn't remove them; my Vorcha Sentinel was intact after I redownloaded Rebellion, and it helps that everything's displayed on your ME3 Multiplayer Manifest (on the BS Network) regardless of what DLC you have.
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

So I realized why I wasn't getting any Vorcha, why my wait times were so long etc. This whole time I didn't have Rebellion installed I should have known something was fishy when I would only get Thessia and that electric dam facility at my friend's house.

But this does also explain how I got so many N7s so quickly. (The only one I'm missing is the Vanguard one.) So there might be a silver lining to that cloud.

Perhaps if you're out to collect N7s, uninstalling Rebellion and Resurgence prior to buying the packs might be a good strategy? To coin a D&D phrase, it would reduce your d12 back down to a d6.

MUST...TRY...THIS...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

10. - Top - End - #1120

So the new car smell has worn off the Paladin, and I find myself a bit disappointed by it now. I tried the melee build, but it just isn't tough enough to get close to the bad guys on Silver, let alone anything higher. Incinerate with the freeze combo doesn't seem noticeably stronger than Incinerate with the damage upgrade.

But that's ok - because the Demolisher has utterly dethroned him. I have no problem hugging the pylon anymore, not now that I have max grenade capacity. Maps with a sniper vantage (White, Hydra, London, Tuchanka, Palaven etc.) now sit squarely at the top of my fun list.

The sheer burst Demolishers can put out is insane. I can drop Banshees in seconds if I go all out, and Primes/Atlases are even faster than that. And I take out any mooks clustered around them in the process. Not to mention, after so long not using any real guns due to preferring casters, it's nice to have a class I can feel happy taking the Widow out for a spin on.

Just need to get my Revenant higher so it beats the Phaeston...
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

So the new car smell has worn off the Paladin, and I find myself a bit disappointed by it now. I tried the melee build, but it just isn't tough enough to get close to the bad guys on Silver, let alone anything higher. Incinerate with the freeze combo doesn't seem noticeably stronger than Incinerate with the damage upgrade.
    That's because, IIRC, that evolution is bugged and doesn't work. Also, the "melee" build skips Incineration entirely to max out Energy Drain, Snap Freeze, N7 Paladin and Shield Mastery (going full durability and then Cryo Shield). The build doesn't focus on doing damage with powers, rather, it focuses on using Snap Freeze to crowd control, Energy Drain to help restore their shields, and stacking Snap Freeze and Cryo Shield on armoured targets to reduce their damage reduction by 85%, and then going to town with a decent weapon.

I've used it without trouble on Silver, and little trouble when I got dropped into a Gold match by the matchmaking when I only had my Gear on.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Banned

I don't really have anything left in these packs to get. or well, I do. I mean I just a justicar appearance option so I'm a little plot-hurt at that. Ann's a destroyer appearance option () and then before I could make one more go the servers died.

I mean, wow. A couple of runs as an infiltrator is fun though I hasn't tried my wraith yet, but the utter lack of interesting things to get is really killing my joy. It's all a mess of oneupsmanship now. The more thigs I get the fewer of them I can use. Aside from putting around invisible and shooting robots... Its losing it's luster.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Hmm. For some reason, I was under the impression that you got an achievement for being a Lone Survivor. Turns out not - for some reason I feel slightly cheated by that.

Silver/Hydra/Geth with QMI - by Wave 8 I was 25k points ahead of the next closest player, so I took it easy for a bit. By Wave 11 this turned out to be a bad idea - everyone was clustered around the LZ with over a minute to go, and three Geth Primes just pummelled us all in one go while I was playing "How many times can I shoot the Pyro before it dies". Two people went down, and I and another scattered to the wind to find somewhere to hide, but we didn't get far before the LZ was overrun and we were shot to pieces.

Long story short, with 15 seconds to go I was dropped some 3 metres away from the LZ.... So I just stayed there until we had 3 seconds to go, hit my Medigel and bounced over the line like going for a deranged touchdown.

I have to say, 1500 points for keeping the Team's dream alive.... Doesn't seem like much.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Troll in the Playground

They really do need to add some sort of reward for completing Extraction. More xp isn't really much of one when you get to gold or platinum.

In other news, I've been taking the N7 Shadow out for a test drive on Gold. She works wonderfully, even if she does have some problems soloing Atlases or Primes. Just cloak, shadow strike some sort of problem enemy like a Phantom or Hunter, and then fade away so you can do it all over again.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    They really do need to add some sort of reward for completing Extraction. More xp isn't really much of one when you get to gold or platinum.
    Nor is it a reward at all if you're playing as a level 20. Yeah, I agree that they ought to have some kind of actual reward for that - as-is I cease to care about how well the team does the moment we complete wave 10's objective. Which doesn't mean I stop trying or anything, but it does mean I never use missiles/medi-gel/ops survival packs after that point, because from there on I'm getting what I want out of the match whether we live or die.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Nor is it a reward at all if you're playing as a level 20. Yeah, I agree that they ought to have some kind of actual reward for that - as-is I cease to care about how well the team does the moment we complete wave 10's objective. Which doesn't mean I stop trying or anything, but it does mean I never use missiles/medi-gel/ops survival packs after that point, because from there on I'm getting what I want out of the match whether we live or die.

Zevox
    Yup, same here. I don't care about the Mission Failed and the "YOU SUCK AND SHOULD FEEL BAD" music; I got my sweet, sweet credits.

P.S. I did feel badly because someone was trying to level his character and due to my stupidity and lack of medi-gel, we didn't get to full extraction.
    Last edited by Joran; 2012-08-09 at 01:06 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

But what would such a reward be? A random singleton consumable seems underwhelming, especially when playing on platinum. The same goes for a singleton common, while on the flip side a single non-consumable of any rarity can get ridiculous depending on how much is already unlocked.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    But what would such a reward be? A random singleton consumable seems underwhelming, especially when playing on platinum. The same goes for a singleton common, while on the flip side a single non-consumable of any rarity can get ridiculous depending on how much is already unlocked.
    Perhaps a multiplier to the credits you've earned based on whether you've gotten full, partial, or lone extraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Perhaps a multiplier to the credits you've earned based on whether you've gotten full, partial, or lone extraction.
    Times an extra 100% per extracted team member, for example? (mission failed=x1 amount of creds, lone survivor=x2, and so on) That seems a little broken to me, although I guess if you wanted to make the weapons and stuff easier to obtain it would work. Also, that's what I came up with off the top of my head, it'd be far less broken with some dev work.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

Times an extra 100% per extracted team member, for example? (mission failed=x1 amount of creds, lone survivor=x2, and so on) That seems a little broken to me, although I guess if you wanted to make the weapons and stuff easier to obtain it would work. Also, that's what I came up with off the top of my head, it'd be far less broken with some dev work.
    Doesn't have to be that drastic, a multiplier could be +5% for sole survivor, 10% for partial extraction, and 20% for full extraction. Anything larger than that would disrupt the economy and make people rage harder at useless team members.

There should be an incentive for extracting successfully; for anyone at level 20, only the weekend events make going to extraction useful.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Nah. It should be just double if you get out alive. It really sucks to be penalized because someone else is too darn dumb to watch where their feet are as the clock ticks down. Or so gung-ho about killing enemies that they don't see the timer until it's under 10 seconds. Or a frelling banshee perforates someone.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

I love how the Piranha is now weaker than it started.
    Tali avatar by the talented Thormag.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    I love how the Piranha is now weaker than it started.
    And yet it still has the highest sustained DPS in the game and one of the highest burst DPSes.

Seriously, as much as I love the Pirahna, it needed the nerf. It was outperforming reload-cancelled Claymores.

And, to be honest, I took it out for a spin today, and didn't really notice any major changes.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    And yet it still has the highest sustained DPS in the game and one of the highest burst DPSes.

Seriously, as much as I love the Pirahna, it needed the nerf. It was outperforming reload-cancelled Claymores.

And, to be honest, I took it out for a spin today, and didn't really notice any major changes.
    The Piranha is one of the funnier guns I play with. Most guns ends up with the enemy dead. The Piranha can vary between "scatter the wall behind the target with pellets" (I unloaded 6 rounds of the Piranha without smart choke at a Geth Trooper and scored more hits AROUND the Trooper than on the Trooper) and "BOOM you're dead" (a direct shot with all pellets will kill almost anything outside bosses on Silver in one or two shots).

25. - Top - End - #1135

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Doesn't have to be that drastic, a multiplier could be +5% for sole survivor, 10% for partial extraction, and 20% for full extraction. Anything larger than that would disrupt the economy and make people rage harder at useless team members.

There should be an incentive for extracting successfully; for anyone at level 20, only the weekend events make going to extraction useful.
    This is a fantastic idea.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

This is a fantastic idea.
    One of us needs to submit this to any kind of suggestion thing that Bioware has. Most people that I play gold/platinum with are level 20s. There simply isn't any reason for us to even try after wave 10, unless it's an event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post

I did!

The damage per pellet is now low enough that against an armored target, the number off shots required to kill, say, a ravaged has increased by 60%. There is now a choice between smart choke, extende barrel and shredder mod combos.

This isn't a ba thing however. It just means that I can no longer installing a pyro from point blank before he busts my shields.

EDIT: got a paladin! Played about half a round on gold, unable to do anything of worth before bed. The shield is hard to aim. Heaven help me, im aiming a shield and I suck at it.

Definitely a caster build, this one. Which means I need a gun that gives me enough stopping power to make up for lack of casting, without going waaaay over my internal weight limit; a power every five seconds is pushing it usually.
    Given that he's only level 12, I shouldn't expect miracles either. Maxed out shield mastery, both snap freeze and energy drain are at 4 (high enough to hit an area with energy drain) and I'm not sure why everyone lists 85% as the armor reduction as both snap freeze and girls mastery gave me -50% to enemy armor effectiveness...

Anyway. That will be fun to putter with, come this weekend. See if I can do that full extract thing.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-08-10 at 07:20 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh* No, Bioware, posting Pinkie Pie in an N7 suit on your Mass Effect wall is still not going to redeem you for the ending debacle.

Nice try, though.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *sigh* No, Bioware, posting Pinkie Pie in an N7 suit on your Mass Effect wall is still not going to redeem you for the ending debacle.

Nice try, though.
    Someone in the comments section mentioned ponies as new races in the comments. Thinking about that, it works kinda a well from a gameplay standpoint.

Twilight - Adept
    Applejack - Soldier
    Pinkie Pie - Engineer
    Rarity - Sentinel
    Fluttershy - Inflitrator
    Rainbow Dash - Vanguard
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

30. - Top - End - #1140

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post

Nice try, though.
    The likes belie your assertion

I don't even like MLP, but the amount of butthurt in those comments vastly amused me.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy