New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

Anybody else having trouble getting on? After three tries, I can't even get to my character selection screen in multiplayer, it keeps telling me the connection to the servers is lost.

Edit: Nope, not even after a reboot. Not going to be doing that, then. Good job EA, good freakin' job.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-25 at 02:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Anybody else having trouble getting on? After three tries, I can't even get to my character selection screen in multiplayer, it keeps telling me the connection to the servers is lost.

Edit: Nope, not even after a reboot. Not going to be doing that, then. Good job EA, good freakin' job.
    When did that start for you? I've had trouble since 5:00 EST yesterday.

I am a:
    Spoiler
    Show

Lawful Neutral
    Halfling Wizard/Cleric
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 14
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 14
    Charisma- 12

There are 10 types of people in this world:
    Those that know ternary,
    those that don't
    and those that thought this was a binary joke.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
    Useful, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Just gave the Hurricane a whirl on my Destroyer. Worked brilliantly, killing Brutes in a single clip, but there was a rather annoying glitch.

When Devastator Mode is active the Hurricane won't fire it's last bullet in a clip, meaning you have to manually reload every time. Which is annoying, since the Hurricane can burn through a clip fairly quickly and has an otherwise extremely fast reload.
    Huh. That's irritating. Try to Get an ammo boost gear?

One of those again hm? I'll try later, see what is up.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KillItWithFire View Post
    When did that start for you? I've had trouble since 5:00 EST yesterday.
    This evening. Not played recently, I thought I'd slide on for a bit, promote a couple of characters at least, maybe even play a bit...

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

"Shepard, if my calculations are correct, the super-structure... is a Reaper."

"Not just any Reaper..."

Spoiler
    Show

"A Minecraft Reaper."
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

How to get to wave 10 on Platinum:
    -Get a team of one Asari Justicar Adept, one Fury, two Slayers with Biotic Slash
    -Go to Fire Base Glacier
    -Hold up in that little room towards the center
    -kick wholesale ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

7. - Top - End - #1357

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    -Get a team of one Asari Justicar Adept, one Fury, two Slayers with Biotic Slash
    -Go to Fire Base Glacier
    -kick wholesale ass
    Let me just make sure I fully understand, so I could try it.

-Justicar is specced to give the best bubble they can as far as defense. Or is it to place the warp effect?
    -Fury plays the role of Sparky-Sparky boom man setting up explosions with dark channel and Annihilation field.
    -Biotic Slash is the trigger. Wouldn't shockwave work?

Or am I missing it?
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Let me just make sure I fully understand, so I could try it.

-Justicar is specced to give the best bubble they can as far as defense. Or is it to place the warp effect?
    -Fury plays the role of Sparky-Sparky boom man setting up explosions with dark channel and Annihilation field.
    -Biotic Slash is the trigger. Wouldn't shockwave work?

Or am I missing it?
    I'm not entirely sure to be honest. The bubble seemed to have the warp effect (I saw it set off an explosion when it was deployed, once). The Fury was definitely setting up and setting off combos. Biotic Slash was indeed the trigger, and Shockwave would certainly work quite well for that purpose. However, in my experience, Shockwave doesn't have the raw power or the range of Biotic Slash.
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground

However, in my experience, Shockwave doesn't have the raw power or the range of Biotic Slash.
    That's not just your experience, that's objective fact. Biotic Slash does extremely high damage - almost as much as Homing Grenade does without its armor damage boost, if the player took all of Biotic Slash's damage boosts - and has a longer range than Shockwave by 5 meters. The only thing Shockwave has on Biotic Slash is that its startup animation is quite a bit faster. Other than that, Biotic Slash is just plain a better version of Shockwave.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Chambers
    ...And passion is nice wherever you find it. Character is what matters, not race or gender.
    For some reason, I get the feeling that she lost her virginity to an asari...

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Banned

This evening. Not played recently, I thought I'd slide on for a bit, promote a couple of characters at least, maybe even play a bit...
    You can give it a go, now. I was able to grind some levels for Braz and promote her two classes. You know, the two best ones. Poor Braz...

I'm not entirely sure to be honest. The bubble seemed to have the warp effect (I saw it set off an explosion when it was deployed, once). The Fury was definitely setting up and setting off combos. Biotic Slash was indeed the trigger, and Shockwave would certainly work quite well for that purpose. However, in my experience, Shockwave doesn't have the raw power or the range of Biotic Slash.
    This really requires a well coordinated or at least very adaptable grou. Relying on any one gimmick is a sure cause of disaster.

A warp bubble at the opening, with other classes dropping shockwave/biotic slash/shockwave into it constantly will detonate anything that gets in there. Using two Justicar and placing the bubbles in separate areas so you have two detonation fields. Or combining two groups of Phoenix guys and human adepts. Two shock wave/smash combos being laid down constantly for enemies to walk into.

I've... Also seen kids screaming bloody murder "STICK TO THE PLAN STICK TO THE PLAN OH GOD" while banshees flooded te room and no one ha any way to stop them. So be careful.

Note that shockwave has 15% more damage and force on biotic explosions. Which means a combination of lift and shockwave has the best output, at an additional 140%.

As is, I've been trying to get a group together with reave, warp and dark channel at the same time who also have the coordination to use them together.

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    Pfffff.

I don't... I can't think of anything even remotely counter to this actually XD
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-08-26 at 04:14 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    That's not just your experience, that's objective fact. Biotic Slash does extremely high damage - almost as much as Homing Grenade does without its armor damage boost, if the player took all of Biotic Slash's damage boosts - and has a longer range than Shockwave by 5 meters. The only thing Shockwave has on Biotic Slash is that its startup animation is quite a bit faster. Other than that, Biotic Slash is just plain a better version of Shockwave.

Zevox
    You're missing one thing - Shockwave's detonation evolution increases detonation damage by 65% instead of 50%.

Is it worth it? In this case, probably not.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    This really requires a well coordinated or at least very adaptable grou. Relying on any one gimmick is a sure cause of disaster.

A warp bubble at the opening, with other classes dropping shockwave/biotic slash/shockwave into it constantly will detonate anything that gets in there. Using two Justicar and placing the bubbles in separate areas so you have two detonation fields. Or combining two groups of Phoenix guys and human adepts. Two shock wave/smash combos being laid down constantly for enemies to walk into.

I've... Also seen kids screaming bloody murder "STICK TO THE PLAN STICK TO THE PLAN OH GOD" while banshees flooded te room and no one ha any way to stop them. So be careful.
    Well, it was clear to me that these guys had done this before. The Justicar kept putting bubbles at the intersection just outside the room while the Fury and the Slayer melted anything that came close. Enemies only started coming into the room around wave 7, and that's where my Destroyer stepped in. I had a Reegar with Warp ammo and the armor piercing mod, and when that didn't work I fired a rocket at the floor. I only had to do that 3 times over the course of the match. The rest of the time, the enemies were so weak when they got there that one melee attack was all it took to finish them. I killed three banshees just by stomping the floor really hard. The Fury and the Slayer weren't even at level 20. They were both at level 17.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Titan in the Playground

You can give it a go, now. I was able to grind some levels for Braz and promote her two classes. You know, the two best ones. Poor Braz...
    Nope. Not having it.

A check of the Bioware forums shows SIX THREADS in the PC technical problems on this issue, as well as several with problems with Origin. And no-one at EA or Bioware has done anything about it or appear even to have acknowledged there is a problem.

There is a possible workaround posted in that it was suggested you try "Join Friend" in friends menu, which preportedly skips you past the loading screen where it's hanging and either drops you into their game or into the lobby.

(Can't try that myself, since currently only Dhavaer is online and he's not currently in game.)

But maybe some of you other chaps who are having problems might be able to try it.

I'm guessing, since I have no connection problems others, until I apparently enter MP, that it's an authenticication/server issue with Origin, which updated not far off the same time ago. Cracking job EA, cracking job. 'Cos if'n you don't get it fixed, considering people are having trouble with their DLC as well, no-one is going to buy *four-asterisking keyboard ran out of batteries, why did I bother getting out of the crypt this morning* Leviathan, since no bugger will be able to play it.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Banned

Brutal. I hadn't considered the ramifications of warp-AP-reegar with Devastator mode on. I wonder, does the smart choke extend the beam at all?

I've not had much luck with the reegar in general. I do as much, if not more, damage with my piranha, and at longer ranges. Perhaps they just had a bad spec out when I compared....

Nope. Not having it.

A check of the Bioware forums shows SIX THREADS in the PC technical problems on this issue, as well as several with problems with Origin. And no-one at EA or Bioware has done anything about it or appear even to have acknowledged there is a problem.

There is a possible workaround posted in that it was suggested you try "Join Friend" in friends menu, which preportedly skips you past the loading screen where it's hanging and either drops you into their game or into the lobby.

(Can't try that myself, since currently only Dhavaer is online and he's not currently in game.)

But maybe some of you other chaps who are having problems might be able to try it.

I'm guessing, since I have no connection problems others, until I apparently enter MP, that it's an authenticication/server issue with Origin, which updated not far off the same time ago. Cracking job EA, cracking job. 'Cos if'n you don't get it fixed, considering people are having trouble with their DLC as well, no-one is going to buy *four-asterisking keyboard ran out of batteries, why did I bother getting out of the crypt this morning* Leviathan, since no bugger will be able to play it.
    Interesting. So it is specifically a pc platform issue.
    Is it petty that my second concern after "oh, he's not gonna get his pack" is "oh, I might not get my victory pack"? Maybe not petty, exactly , but it sounded very Stewy Griffon in my head.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Titan in the Playground

Interesting. So it is specifically a pc platform issue.
    Is it petty that my second concern after "oh, he's not gonna get his pack" is "oh, I might not get my victory pack"? Maybe not petty, exactly , but it sounded very Stewy Griffon in my head.
    I'm not sure, I didn't check the other platform forums, but it's certainly possible. (My google search showed similar problems on all platforms, but most of 'em dated back to earlier in the year, so I'm not sure.)

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Brutal. I hadn't considered the ramifications of warp-AP-reegar with Devastator mode on. I wonder, does the smart choke extend the beam at all?

I've not had much luck with the reegar in general. I do as much, if not more, damage with my piranha, and at longer ranges. Perhaps they just had a bad spec out when I compared....
    I've never tried putting the smart choke on the Reegar, so I'll have to get back to you on that.

I don't have a Piranha yet, so I make do with the Reegar. It consistently outperforms most of my other shotguns probably because I can simply hold the trigger while firing from the hip, which makes running and gunning much easier.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2012-08-26 at 09:41 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground

Did I ever tell you that I HATE BANSHEES

I remember taking my female Shepard to the mo... place where you meet the banshees, and thinking "what the hell are these" the whole time. Then came the big wave with 2 of them, andd I tried to heavy melee one. Instead, she was lifted off the ground, I thought "Uhh, that's not a heavy melee" and started mashing B...

Squelch

The only good encounter I ever had with a banshee was during the Thanix missile scene, where I got picked up by a banshee, said "aw, crap", and the banshee took a Reaper laser to the face, saving my life by a half second and six inches.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Spamalot in the Playground

-Go to Fire Base Glacier
    -kick wholesale ass
    Doesn't seem like that'll help much on missions that force you to move, like escort/disable/deliver. Good strategy otherwise though.

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    Oldie but goodie:

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

Never put 2 and 2 together there, but so much yes...

And to think that my male Shepard tried to romance her...

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I've never tried putting the smart choke on the Reegar, so I'll have to get back to you on that.
    Won't do a thing, apparently the Reeger bolts follow a set pattern and gets no benefit from the Smart Choke mod.

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Doesn't seem like that'll help much on missions that force you to move, like escort/disable/deliver. Good strategy otherwise though.
    Actually, we got all three of those in that game. The shear power of Biotic Comboing everthing in site allowed us to steamroll most of the things that got in our way.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

-Go to Fire Base Glacier
    -kick wholesale ass
    Is that the room adjacent to the stairs going to the LZ, or the one at the very bottom of the map with the one stair leading up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Is that the room adjacent to the stairs going to the LZ, or the one at the very bottom of the map with the one stair leading up?
    The first one I suppose. It's quite possibly the smallest room on just about any map.

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The first one I suppose. It's quite possibly the smallest room on just about any map.
    ...OK, Now I'm assuming you mean that cubbyhole in the back of that first one, because that is the smallest room of all the maps. (The one with the two doors, one leading out to the back interior stairs, the other leading to the first room I mentioned). The first one was easily one of the largest interior rooms on any map, only surpassed by that courtyard thing on Goddess and the control room on Giant.

EDIT: To remove any doubt, it's one of the rooms that baddies spawn in on that map, right?
    Last edited by Landis963; 2012-08-26 at 07:07 PM.
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

Well, someone on the Bioware forums said they'd had some look getting on after disabling the Cloud Storage for ME3 in Origin (I didn't even know it was on - apparently it was in the last update...)

I managed to get on and promote two characters, but have the sneaking suspicion that I'm probably too late, because it didn't occur to me to check the time until after I clicked it. (It still kicked me out once then, while I was trying to get a new Krogan Vanguard ready.)

*sigh*

I'm beginning to wonder why I bother. Even if I get something decent out of what my victory pack is ('cos I ain't getting a commendation pack, am I), I'm no longer certain if I will be able to actually play any games long enough to actually make use of it. Hell, even the possibility of using the excuse to re-level my Krogan Battlemaster (which is the class I've had the most fun with by a LOOOONG margin) suddenly looks unappealing if I'm just going to keep get booted out because EA's Origin is a big pile of suck. (Because I'll bet souls to sabres it's an Origin authenticiation issue, not a server load one.)

27. - Top - End - #1377

Well, someone on the Bioware forums said they'd had some look getting on after disabling the Cloud Storage for ME3 in Origin (I didn't even know it was on - apparently it was in the last update...)

I managed to get on and promote two characters, but have the sneaking suspicion that I'm probably too late, because it didn't occur to me to check the time until after I clicked it. (It still kicked me out once then, while I was trying to get a new Krogan Vanguard ready.)

*sigh*

I'm beginning to wonder why I bother. Even if I get something decent out of what my victory pack is ('cos I ain't getting a commendation pack, am I), I'm no longer certain if I will be able to actually play any games long enough to actually make use of it. Hell, even the possibility of using the excuse to re-level my Krogan Battlemaster (which is the class I've had the most fun with by a LOOOONG margin) suddenly looks unappealing if I'm just going to keep get booted out because EA's Origin is a big pile of suck. (Because I'll bet souls to sabres it's an Origin authenticiation issue, not a server load one.)
    Assuming the game understands you did promote them, you'll get the commendation because there's about 11 hours still on the clock.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

...OK, Now I'm assuming you mean that cubbyhole in the back of that first one, because that is the smallest room of all the maps. (The one with the two doors, one leading out to the back interior stairs, the other leading to the first room I mentioned). The first one was easily one of the largest interior rooms on any map, only surpassed by that courtyard thing on Goddess and the control room on Giant.

EDIT: To remove any doubt, it's one of the rooms that baddies spawn in on that map, right?
    I suppose so. The best way I can describe it is as "That room that looks like a control room.

We were crowded in really tight, so were the baddies. There were so many biotic explosions going off that my screen went psychedelic for about three seconds, as though it was going into a techno seizure.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I suppose so. The best way I can describe it is as "That room that looks like a control room.

We were crowded in really tight, so were the baddies.
    ... Okay, I'm going to make it simple for me, because I've got to be missing something and I'm still not sure where the room you're talking about is. 1. Once you spawn at the LZ, do you turn left or right to get to the room you're talking about? 2. Is there a thing of cover smack-dab in the middle of the room, perhaps with a holoscreen on it? 3. Exactly how many outlets does this room have?

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

... Okay, I'm going to make it simple for me, because I've got to be missing something and I'm still not sure where the room you're talking about is. 1. Once you spawn at the LZ, do you turn left or right to get to the room you're talking about? 2. Is there a thing of cover smack-dab in the middle of the room, perhaps with a holoscreen on it? 3. Exactly how many outlets does this room have?
    From the wiki:

■There is a room near the centre of the map with only one way in and out. A shrewd team can use this to their advantage, luring them into an extremely deadly cross-fire. Reegar Carbines, Typhoons, and Piranhas are more than capable of killing almost any foe at unprecedented speeds, even on Platinum difficulty. The only enemy that might cause problems are Banshees since they can teleport into the room, and unleash their Nova attack which can strip the entire teams shields in a heartbeat. On Gold difficulty however, so long as you arent engaging Reapers, you should have absolutely no trouble disposing of any kind of enemy that comes through the entrance.
    I couldn't find a map layout, but this is a better description than I could probably manage myself.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?