Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1472
  1. Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    The morning has been cold in the dungeons beneath the city watch's headquarters. A new batch of prisoners are being brought into the cells. A few go here and there. Finally, three more enter your cell bringing the total to six. This cell is already cramped with little amenities beyond some old straw to sleep on and a bucket of water. You look at each other sizing up each member who you will be living closely with for a while longer.

    Your cell is the last in a long line of cell. The hallway ends at your cell; there are about 10 other cells, some empty, leading towards your cell. You hear the iron gate slam down the hallway knowing that you are locked in here once again. You hope today they don't forget to bring the slop.

    The most prominent thing within in the cell are large letters carved into the stone wall that say, "Welcome to Hell."

    [OOC: please post stat blocks with your posts with links to your character sheets.]
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  2. Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    "Well, I'm glad I'm not in here for long. What did you gents to do earn a stay in the lockup?
    Spoiler
    Show

    Elias

    Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

    STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5



  3. Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Ort carefully inspects the confines of his new home. Clearly the largest of the inmates, he feels lucky not to be afraid of small spaces. As he makes his way to the dryest corner and takes a seat agaisnt the wall he greets the others with a deep resonating voice that echoes through the dungeon.



    "Lucky you. Cant quite remember how long its been for me or really how much longer Ive got. Dont much care one way or the other these days. I did what I did and now Im payin for it. If I have to rot in a cell the rest of my days, then so be it I guess. You seem awful friendly to be down here though. What brings you to these .... luxurious accomodations?
    Last edited by fungusamnguss32; 2012-05-11 at 10:00 PM.
    Ort
    Tatcha

    Spoiler
    Show
    Str10, Dex15, Con14, Int12, Wis13, Cha8

    AC12, HP19

    Spot +3, Listen +3, Search +2, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Bowmaking +5

  4. Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Just trying to make an honest coin. Some "nobles" just can't stand to lose, and I'm a nobody in these parts. The guards certainly didn't believe I wasn't cheating. So, I ended up here. It's happened before, I'm usually out in a few days, tops.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Elias

    Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

    STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5



  5. Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Staring at the sea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Statblock + Sheet
    Spoiler
    Show
    Timmaeus

    Str: 8 (-1), Dex: 12 (+1), Con: 10 (+0), Int: 13 (+1), Wis: 15 (+2), Cha: 14 (+2)
    AC: 11, HP: 8/8, Fort: +2, Ref: +1, Will: +4
    Listen: +3, Spot: +3


    The small bundle of rags and limbs in the corner of the rooms raises its head, filthy red hair a tangled mess, face smeared with mud. He stares at the newcomers with a pair of striking green eyes and snorts softly.

    "More and more of you in here, is it? Stuffed in here like cattle for the slaughter, eh?" He mutters, his voice raspy. "In answer to your question, cousin, merchants don't like it when I try to spread Mother's love on their property. Heathens." He states, louder and directed to the elf.

    At this, a large, sleek black rat's head pokes up from inside the tangle of limbs and cloth, nose twitching in interest, and looks around the room with glassy black eyes, soft pink paws resting on the skinny half-elf's arms. Timmaeus gives a small smile and starts to stroke the rat's head just behind the ears.
    Last edited by Oceanogler; 2012-05-12 at 07:01 AM.

  6. Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GodGoblin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London Baby!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    From within a shadow on one side of the room a shape begins to stir, a balding human covered in dirt half steps and half rolls out into the light. "Blimey, do you all have to be so loud? By the Rogue.." He sits up and begins to cradle his head, feeling the effects of the previous night.
    Mojave, Mo' Problems.

    My Post apocalyptic campaign setting for Legend: Shattered Lands

  7. Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Ya know, I think I agree with the drunk. It was a long and painful ride getting here. I just want to get some rest, so kinda keep it down. And I don't know how long i'm gonna be able to stand that stupid message either.]

    As he finishes his last sentence, Ort motions to the "welcome to hell" carved into the wall. He stretches a little before making himself comfortable and then closes his eyes and starts to snore ... loudly
    Ort
    Tatcha

    Spoiler
    Show
    Str10, Dex15, Con14, Int12, Wis13, Cha8

    AC12, HP19

    Spot +3, Listen +3, Search +2, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Bowmaking +5

  8. Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ninthbit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Jadzik, not really caring to talk, just picks an open spot. Tired, sore, and a bit on edge, he sits in a meditative position with the wall to his back. He begins to collect his thoughts and calm his nerves.

    What fresh hell have I gotten myself into now? I know from time to time that River's Fork will sell off inmates for term on indentured labor on the Waterdeep docks, but thatís typically only when they need to make room or raise funds. This doesn't make sense. With his nearly eidetic memory* he begins to recall the last few days in hopes of noticing something he missed. Looking to answer the questions of what he's doing here, how long he'll be here, and how he can get away.

    *OOC Note:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eidetic Memory - The Autohypnosis class skill allows Jadzik to have perfect memorization and recall with a DC 15 check. Since he already has a bonus of +5, he can use this at will by taking a 10; unless some circumstantial penalty applies, in which case he would have to roll it. Distractions that require his concentration, such as combat would also prevent him from utilizing the skill, but whenever he is in new surroundings or on his guard, he would definitely be mapping his surrounding in his head. Noting who was where and any possible paths of escape.

    For example, even if his head was bagged as they led him to the cell, he would have noted how many steps he was taking at each turn and noted how many different voices and where on the path they were.
    Spoiler: Smells Funny (the awesomest goblin ever)
    Show

    Smells Funny Level HP AC TAC FAC Spt/Lstn
    Effects
    3rd
    16/16 : NL=0
    18
    14
    15
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft
    Just 1 PC at GitP. I mostly play over at RPOL .

  9. Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AsDeR's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Lil' Edward

    Once the commotion of the new inmates' arrival has setted down, and the guards are gone, a short human appears walking down the hallway, humbling a rythmless melody and wearing only a ragged thong and half a ton of dirt on him.

    He stops before the last cell door ignoring the gazes of the other inmates, opens it with what seems to be a bone, enters and closes after him.
    "Ahh I needed that dump, hope the guard enjoys it." sais to nobody.

    The dirty half-naked young man moves to the spot were a guy were sleeping under an old straw blanket, lifts the blanket and exposes everyone a dummy made with his clothes. He starts to undo the ball he had made with his pants that was the dummy head when he notices the newcomers.

    "... Ort? is that you?" He stares at the half-orc snoring below the letters. Seeing he is not responding he throws a shoe to his face.

    Once the half-orc wakes up and shows his size the small man strats laughting "HAHA! It's you! What are you doing here? I thought that by now you would be a barbarian leader with your father."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sheet.

    Rolls if they were necesary:
    (1d20+7)[13] Hide [[Hide: DC 12 (guards)]]
    (1d20+0)[20] Disguise [[Disguise bed dummy: DC 16 (for whole party to miss it)]] Rolling for time saving, pending approval on take 20 rule.
    (1d20+3)[15] Move Silently [[MS sleeping cell mates: DC 12]] Rolling for time saving, pending approval on take 20 rule.
    (1d20+7)[12] Open Lock [[Open cell with chiken bones: DC 20]] Rolling for time saving, pending approval on take 20 rule.
    (1d20+0)[5] Disgusting Dump in the Guard's food. [[
    Disguise crap: DC 15]]

    DC's given by DM via PM.
    Last edited by AsDeR; 2012-05-14 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Typos.

  10. Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Edward struggles for a few moments to get the door open. You can see sweat forming on his brow but after a few moments of agony he is able to twist the bones into the lock and get the door open.

    After a few moments, you hear the thud of boots and a troop of guards come down the hallway. They are escorting a small thin women. The guards exchange glances as they near the empty cell juxtaposed to the party. "It's a girl right? Can't be that old...the warden would be mad if we stuck her with the men. Throw her this empty one for now." The three guards open the cell next to yours and toss in the small scared girl before slamming the door shut. You can hear the echo throughout the tunnels as they turn and mutter to themselves.

    [Lilella you are in the cell next to the rest of the party]
    Last edited by crimson77; 2012-05-14 at 04:43 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  11. Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Trent looks over at the girl huddled in the next cell, and seeing the distinct features of one of his kinfolk, speaks to her in the musical elven language.

    In elven
    Spoiler
    Show

    Are you all right? Don't worry, this place is not as bad as it seems, though I have never had an extended stay...
    Spoiler
    Show

    Elias

    Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

    STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5



  12. Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Thumbs up Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Ort sleeps heavily. The commotion of cell doors opening and closing has become common place to him. Sleeping through a shoe to the face however is not so easy. Startled and a bit angered he quickly rouses from his sleep and stands to face his perceived attacker. Hearing the words of his old friend, Ort is taken aback. After a double take and rubbing his eyes to be sure of himself, he gently reaches down and picks up his small friend in a warm embrace. After a few moments he sets Edward back down on his feet light as a feather.

    "Lil Ed! Never thought I would see you again my friend! What in the blue heavens are you doing down here? Last time I saw you ..."

    Here Ort pauses as he reflects on times not only long gone but long forgotten.

    "Well, you never did grow up any did ya Shorty? Ha! I'm foolin. So really though, how did you manage to wind up in here? I figured you better"
    Last edited by fungusamnguss32; 2012-05-14 at 07:38 PM.
    Ort
    Tatcha

    Spoiler
    Show
    Str10, Dex15, Con14, Int12, Wis13, Cha8

    AC12, HP19

    Spot +3, Listen +3, Search +2, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Bowmaking +5

  13. Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AsDeR's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Lil' Edward

    "And what can be better than this? I live in a guarded stronghold were free food is served at my very room. Surrounded by the most interesting fellows one can find in this rotten city." Sais Edward with a smile while waving his hand to the other inmates.

    "But I am really intrigued... how did the guard managed to catch you? And for how long are you exactly imprisoned?"

    Edward finish putting on his clothes and sits on the straw blanket. Finally noticing the other newcomer he asks.

    "Is the guy reaching ilumination there with you?"

  14. Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Lilella, sprawled out in the straw and dirt, quickly wipes her face to clear what might have been tears from her face, and raises her head to stare at Trent. She is immediately distracted by the sound of the guards retreating steps. She springs up, throwing dirt and straw in all directions, and storms to the cell door.

    You can't leave me in here like that! Your lucky you had all your buddies to back you up! I could have taken you with one hand tied behind my back! She screamed down the hallway, furiously rattling the door. You better be glad I FEEL like staying the night here, or else you'd be in big trouble!

    With that, she stomped over to the corner and flopped down to pout, facing away from the rest of the group. After several moments, she turned her head slightly to respond to Trent in elven, haltingly:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I, unfortunately, was raised by humans. I always wondered what it would be like to live among my own kind...

    Lilella sighs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    F - Elf Rogue, Level 2, Init +3, HP 9/9, Speed 30
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus +1
    Short Bow (20 Arrows) (1d6, x3)
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Decorated Cutlass (1d6, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

  15. Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    The guards pay little attention to Lilella's shouts and continue walking down the passageway. However, several prisoners farther down the hallway bang their wooden cups against the iron doors making a soft thumping sound in support.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  16. Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Well Ed, alot has changed since we were kids. I ... I've done things that can never be forgiven. The guards didn't ...

    At this point Ort is stricken speechless as the elven terror that is now in the cell next to him gives the guards a good tongue lashing. Surprised and mildly amused ...

    Whoa. Ya know I bet she really would give that guard a solid arse beating given half a chance! Truth is though, I turned myself in. I never thought I would be in here willingly. What I did though, that guy didn't deserve that. But me, I deserve this. A to how long will I be here? Who knows. Until they get tired of me or whatever.
    Last edited by fungusamnguss32; 2012-05-14 at 09:12 PM.
    Ort
    Tatcha

    Spoiler
    Show
    Str10, Dex15, Con14, Int12, Wis13, Cha8

    AC12, HP19

    Spot +3, Listen +3, Search +2, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Bowmaking +5

  17. Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AsDeR's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Lil' Edward

    Edward is focused on the conversation with his old friend when the elf lady starts shouting to the guards, nothing uncommon in jail, but a detail picks his attention.

    Did she say "if she FEELS like staying"? It could mean nothing, but it makes Edward notice her.
    The other elven immate seems interested in her, and that's even rarer. Elves are scarce in Waterdeep, even more in prison, and they usually know eachother.

    He pays no more attention to the lady as she seems to be affected by her imprisonment and continues talking with Ort.

    "So you turned yourself in, that explains a lot. Well worry no more thug, now you are in Waterdeep, where nobody cares about your problems. Hahaha!" Edward starts laughting again, willingly trying to change the mood his friend has gone into. Edward doesn't really care about what he did, he knew Ort well enough to know he was trustworthy, whatever he did, was in the past.

    In Orcish:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, you can stay here until they get tired of you, or you can come out with me when you get tired of them, heh." Edward learned Orcish from his butcher father and Ort was one of the very few people he knew that could speak it too, so it ended like a sort-of secret language between them. He was glad he could use it again, it had been ages since he used it for anything else than swearing. "Although I don't think it will take too long for them to get tired of your smell." Edward jokes.
    Last edited by AsDeR; 2012-05-14 at 09:38 PM.

  18. Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GodGoblin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London Baby!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    "What part of quiet dont you people understand!? Thats it, im leaving." With that Jeff picks himself off the floor and walks towards the cage door as the guards walk away from the girls cell. "You, Guard! Approach me." He bellows down the hall, filling his words with a magical compulsion. Come on my lord, let this act of treachery work...

    If the guard walks up to cell Jeff gives him a smile "Just wanted to say I do admire the work you fine gentlemen do" He says as he motions for one of the others to come to the door.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting Command :http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/command.htm
    Divine favour check: (1d20+2)[10]
    Slight of hand (1d20+1)[8]

    Edited: Was going to pick the key off him but the DC of 20 means I cant as im untrained and therefor can only attempt DC10 or under.
    Last edited by GodGoblin; 2012-05-15 at 07:58 AM.
    Mojave, Mo' Problems.

    My Post apocalyptic campaign setting for Legend: Shattered Lands

  19. Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    The guard approaches with a glazed look in his eye. He approaches the cell and looks inside straight at Jeffery's eyes. The other guard on duty yells at him from down the hall, "What the...pay no attention to those inmates..." But the guard stands his ground staring at the prisoner.
    Spoiler
    Show
    wil save (1d20)[3] vs DC 13


    [OOC: make sure you remember to bold your characters talking and please post the DC for your spells ]
    Last edited by crimson77; 2012-05-15 at 12:14 PM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  20. Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    The commotion perks Lilella's curiosity. She turns around to study the strange, bald headed human, wondering about the confused guard in front of him. She also examines the other inmates of the crowded cell. She noted Ort's pale green skin, whose size was a huge contrast to the obvious shortness of the small human beside him that seemed vaguely familiar.

    Looking further back into the cell, she noticed Timmaus, still petting his rat, Jadzik, who seemed to be asleep, and shyly glanced over at Trent.

    Coming to the conclusion that the group may not be staying in the jail cell very much longer, she resolutely stands and searches her cell for anything that might possibly be useful. If anything happens, I think it might be fun to follow them along. She smiles to herself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll:
    [roll0] search
    Edit: im going to get this right eventually:
    [roll]1d20+8[/roll] search

    Last edited by AngelEyes23; 2012-05-15 at 03:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    F - Elf Rogue, Level 2, Init +3, HP 9/9, Speed 30
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus +1
    Short Bow (20 Arrows) (1d6, x3)
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Decorated Cutlass (1d6, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

  21. Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Lilella looks through out the cell. She notices a few things that are of interest to her including a few old wooden bowls with encrusted old food, a small wooden shank (1d1 damage), a wooden pipe without tobacco, the heel of an old boot, straw for a bed, a bone needle in the straw, and a few copper pieces (4 cp) in a small carved out corner of the stone. Nothing else is is much interest in the cell.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  22. Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    ElfRogueGirl

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Lilella excitedly equips the shank, slipping it carefully in her beltloop to make it handy. She weave the needle into the collar of her shirt to save for later. She collects the 4 copper pieces and the wooden pipe and tuckes them in her pocket. The pipe may come in handy later.

    Next she runs her fingers through her hair, and a small glint of silver flashes in her hands. The guards are distracted with the others now, so she slips up to the door of her cell and attempts to unlock it.

    [if the cell door unlocks] She takes the bent hair pin, straightens it, and returns it to it's hidden place in her hair. She then attempts to jam the heel of the boot in the door to make it appear to be closed.

    Fairly satisfied with her efforts, she returns to the straw, arranges it into a pile, and lounges in it to watch the nearby activity.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls:
    (1d20+7)[11] open lock
    (1d20)[7] disguise
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    F - Elf Rogue, Level 2, Init +3, HP 9/9, Speed 30
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus +1
    Short Bow (20 Arrows) (1d6, x3)
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Decorated Cutlass (1d6, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

  23. Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Lilella is unable to get the door unlocked as the guard stands near the other cell looking deeply in to the eyes of the other prisoner.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  24. Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2012

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Being much taller than his friend, Ort notices the actions of his cell mate and then oblivious nature of the entranced guard. Still speaking to Ed, now in Orcish ...
    "Ya know, now may be our chance if we really are thinking about getting out of here. I'm not much for violence on fools that don't deserve it but I think this may be our ticket. Take a lookat that guard there. Anything you can do?"


    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[25] spot check
    Last edited by fungusamnguss32; 2012-05-16 at 09:29 AM.
    Ort
    Tatcha

    Spoiler
    Show
    Str10, Dex15, Con14, Int12, Wis13, Cha8

    AC12, HP19

    Spot +3, Listen +3, Search +2, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Bowmaking +5

  25. Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    GodGoblin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London Baby!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Sensing that he may be running out of time and guard wont be here forever Jeff places his hand behind his back and makes a few gestures to represent picking a mans pocket. He rattles on to the guard in the hopes he can detain him for a moment longer "I mean it cant be an easy job, hows the pay? Ive often thought about a career in law enforcement you know.."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Bluff: (1d20+4)[20]
    Delivering a Secret MessageYou can use Bluff to get a message across to another character without others understanding it. The DC is 15 for simple messages, or 20 for complex messages, especially those that rely on getting across new information. Failure by 4 or less means you canít get the message across. Failure by 5 or more means that some false information has been implied or inferred. Anyone listening to the exchange can make a Sense Motive check opposed by the Bluff check you made to transmit in order to intercept your message (see Sense Motive).
    The message he is trying to convey is to take the key from the guards belt.
    Mojave, Mo' Problems.

    My Post apocalyptic campaign setting for Legend: Shattered Lands

  26. Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    crimson77's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Jeff's cell mates quickly catch on to his gesture as the guard stands there. You realize you only have a few seconds to make a move before the guard regains composure. Time is quickly fleeting away.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

  27. Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Trent sees no need to attempt to break out of prison, as he is being released in the morning. However, he carefully studies the guard's face and uniform, in case he has need of a disguise later.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Elias

    Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

    STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5



  28. Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Staring at the sea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Timmaeus stands and moves towards the bars, Barnabas scampering up onto his shoulders as he does so. He gets into position so that if the guard starts to leave before the key is taken, he can distract him with insults and jeers.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+8)[16] DIPLOMACY check to try to infuriate the guard once the compulsion wears off, but only if one of the others does not take the key before this point.

  29. Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    ninthbit's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Rolls involved, pre-edit
    Jadzik exits his meditative state and quickly notices that his surroundings have changed.

    Jadzik quietly gets Jeff's attention, "Tsk, you're waisting your time. Let it go." Then he looks over to Ort, "How long was I out?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Check to see if he noticed Edward while in the hall (Spot: (1d20+2)[17]) Edit: Nevermind... he wasn't there to spot.
    Last edited by ninthbit; 2012-05-16 at 02:28 PM.
    Spoiler: Smells Funny (the awesomest goblin ever)
    Show

    Smells Funny Level HP AC TAC FAC Spt/Lstn
    Effects
    3rd
    16/16 : NL=0
    18
    14
    15
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft
    Just 1 PC at GitP. I mostly play over at RPOL .

  30. Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    AsDeR's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

    Lil' Edward

    Seeing as nobody responses to the drunken old man signs, Edward say to Ort
    In Orcish:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey, remember this trick?"

    The gets near the guard and with a quick move gets his hand out reaching his belt, but instead of taking the keys, he takes the belt itself!

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[18] Sleight of Hand vs the belt
    Lil' Edward stat block
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lil' Edward
    Male - Human (srsly, I AM) Rogue, Level 1, Init +3, HP 7/7, Speed
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +1, Ref +5, Will -1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 10
    Condition None

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •