New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

It would be best if we have an opportunity to question them to see if they know anything. She nods at Ort. She then attempts to slip in the door and search the room, looking for anything advantageous, particularly rope, and settling into a good position opposite of the front door should there be a confrontation.

Spoiler
    Show
    rolls
    (1d20+9)[14] hide
    (1d20+9)[20] move silently
    (1d20+8)[19] search
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    F - Elf Rogue, Level 2, Init +3, HP 9/9, Speed 30
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus +1
    Short Bow (20 Arrows) (1d6, x3)
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Decorated Cutlass (1d6, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the group nears the building that once was his childhood home, Ort initially slows down to hang back. Fearing that someone may be inside he decides to let the stealthier members lead the way. When he is certain that there is no one awake in the house, Ort then quietly moves to the front door to examine the place for himself. Dark vision on full alert, he takes note of everything within.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[8] move silently
    (1d20+5)[8] spot

Spoiler
    Show
    Str10, Dex15, Con14, Int12, Wis13, Cha8

AC12, HP19

Spot +3, Listen +3, Search +2, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Bowmaking +5

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Entering the house it is apparent that most of the things of value in the home have been taken or destroyed. As Lilella and Ort move into the room that the occupants are clearly asleep with bottles of cheep ale surrounding them. You can see that they are goblins, probably homeless or belonging to a gang and trying to stay clear of the guards and many others who do not trust their kind here in Waterdeep.

Lilella does not find any rope lying about, really beyond trash and broken furniture there is little value here in the home. However, she cannot do a complete sweep of the house without worrying about waking the goblins. She does find a broken brooch lying on the floor covered by trash. The silver glows lightly in the faint light (it is most likely worthless in its present condition since it is broken and contains about a copper pieces worth of silver).
    Last edited by crimson77; 2012-05-28 at 10:52 AM.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lilella feels confident enough that the sleeping goblins are out enough to risk a whisper. These guys may know something, lets question them. Ort, you pin down the one that's close to you, Jadzik, you pin down the other one, the rest of us will help where needed.
    Last edited by AngelEyes23; 2012-05-29 at 01:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lil' Edward

Meanwhile Edward is outside guarding the door, he tries to lurk in the shadows, making sure nobody suspicious is looking and getting in position for not letting anyone leave if necesary.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls if needed. If not he takes 20.
    Hide (1d20+7)[13]
    Spot (1d20+3)[9]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ort nods at Lilella's suggestion before turning to Jadzik. He then gives a silent countdown from three to one with his fingers while slowly creeping towards one of the sleeping goblins. When he reaches the end if his count down he swiftly kicks the intruder before reaching down and taking hold of him in a tight grapple.

Spoiler
    Show
    [ROLL]1d20+ 3[/ROLL] melee touch attack
    (1d20+7)[25] grapple check

Spoiler
    Show

AC12, HP19

7. - Top - End - #127

Following Ort's lead; Jadzik grabs the throat of the second goblin, pulling him into a headlock. Enabling him to control how much noise the creature can make.

Spoiler
    Show

If attack roll if needed: (1d20+2)[7]
    Grapple Check: (1d20+2)[13]
    Unarmed damage if grappled: (1d3+2)[5]

Proposed grapple checks if goblins or 1st lvl warriors from SRD:
    Ort's (Goblin #1): (1d20-3)[4] (BAB: +1, Str: +0, Size: -4)
    Jadzik's (Goblin #2):(1d20-3)[6] (BAB: +1, Str: +0, Size: -4)

If goblins are nonwarrior or average str, then opposed checks could be up to 2 less.

Spoiler: Smells Funny (the awesomest goblin ever)
    Show

Smells Funny Level HP AC TAC FAC Spt/Lstn
    Effects
    3rd
    16/16 : NL=0
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft
    Just 1 PC at GitP. I mostly play over at RPOL .

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Jadzik grabs his target and quickly places it into a sleeper hold, which caused the creature to become knocked out almost instantly after awaking. The creature goes limp in his arms and he knows it will be out for at least an hour.

Ort has a hold on the creature with his massive arm at the creatures throat - he only needs to apply a little pressure (e.g., roll nonlethal damage) to knock the creature out. The creatures eyes are filled with rage and it tries to struggle to escape but the large half-orc can easily hold it without it being able to escape. The goblin hisses, "What you want orc?"
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I want to know why you two are in my house for starters. You cooperate and tell me all I want to know and you and your partner here will get out of this alive. Try to fight and my friends and I will squish you into the mud like little bugs, got it? So tell me, how did you decide to stay here?"

Spoiler
    Show

AC12, HP19

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin nods and speaks in a gagging voice, "We give you respect. House empty when we found it. We stay here out of rain. It has been rain lot lately. Safe place for goblins. Many hate goblins here. We can go elsewhere."

11. - Top - End - #131

Spoiler
    Show

Sense motive: (1d20+2)[8]
    Searching the Goblins for weapons and other useful items. Search: (1d20+1)[17]

Once the goblin falls limp in Jadzik's arms. "Blood choak... God I love a good blood choak. Lilella, check that one for weapons, money, or anything of use." Then Jadziks starts to inspect the possesions of the passed out goblin.

Ed, how's it look out there?
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Likely story. I too have no love for your kind. However, I also do not have hate for you just because the color of your flesh. You see you are surrounded in here, and I have more friends waiting outside. You seem like one with common sense yes? If I release my hold on you, will you attempt to run away?"

If the creature agrees, Ort will release him rewards the back wall of the house, being sure to stand between the goblin and the door/window.

Spoiler
    Show

AC12, HP19

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lilella glances back over the house, wanting to search it, but First things first... She picks up the brooch, examining it carefully for any significant symbols or script that may be unusual.

She then searches the goblin Ort has pinned, trying to be as thorough as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    rolls
    (1d20+2)[12] decipher script, if necessary
    (1d20+8)[11] search
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin agrees and sits back as the others stand. They have little of value on the, between the two of them they have 3 copper pieces and two bone knives (1d2). Their clothing is soiled with mud and mold and has an age it it that let's you know they have lived in it for a long time. They also reek of cheap alcohol and goat weed, a substance smoked by many goblins with psychedelic effects. The goblin waits for Ort to speak and says nothing but stares at the floor in fear.

Lilella searches the room and finds little else of value but 10 silver and a dagger hidden in the floor boards. Most everything else in the room was trash or empty bottles. The brooch was at one time a nice piece, most likely owned by Ort's mom but he has not noticed you picking it up.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lilella thinks about the situation for a moment. It would be best to try to earn the group's loyalty and trust with these trinkets. They don't need to know about my sticky fingers... She marks the place where the dagger is hidden, intending to come back to it later when no one is watching. She then takes the trinket and silver, walking over to Ort.

This looks like it may have belonged to your mother. She says, pressing it into his hand. I also found ten silver, though I'm sure that it was dropped since her death because it was scattered beneath the broken furniture. All the same, I will give you the lions share, and split the remainder between the rest of us so that any who wish to go their separate ways may depart in the morning with something to sustain themselves on. She gives ort 4 silver, and passes the remainder out to the other party members. She leaves one on the threshold of the door for Edward, smiling at the shadows, and keeps the last one for herself. She starts cleaning up the room, piling the broken furniture and trash in the corner, keeping a wary eye on the goblin during the interrogation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

16. - Top - End - #136

Holding the bone knife he lifted from the unconscious goblin, and the single silver that Lilella just handed him, Jadzik shakes his head in disappointment. “We REALLY need to get some money and equipment. We’re no better off than these two.” He scuffs as he points to the two pathetic looking goblins. “I’d kill for a sword and some armor.”
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

17. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'd be happy with just a bow. There's nothing quite like drawing the string back to your ear, taking aim at a deer, and bringing in the kill, to let you know you're alive. Armor just means your prey has a better chance of hearing you coming.
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

18. - Top - End - #138

With a great sword, who cares who hears you... you can cleave them in two.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

19. - Top - End - #139

Lil' Edward

Edward uses the time he is alone outside to think about the next step. This was not his first time in prison and it won't be the last, he knows where to get the equipment he needs to get going, and his father's house is not far away if needed be.
    I know Ort and his situation, but can I trust the others?
    After some minutoes he reaches a dead point.
    Well, it can't be more dangerous having them armed than now. They could kill me in my sleep with a rock. Also, for what I have seen so far, they are not the psycho kind.

Edward tries to listen the conversation inside. I hope they don't take much longer, I would kill for some warm food... just while thinking about that Lilella briefly appears from the shadows inside the house and drops a silver coin for him by the threshold.
    Well, seems it's safe. Edward takes a look arround for the last time before leaving his hideout and entering the house, picking up the silver in the way.

Once inside he takes a moment to check the situation and then secures the door behind him with some furniture piece.
    He checks the other rooms making sure all doors and windows are close and closing all the ones that are not. He looks for anything that could be used as food, like old ham, stony bread or fresh rats.
    Then he starts picking wood pieces and proceeds to lit a fire in the chimney to get warm and dry himself.

Spoiler
    Show

Knoweledge Local (1d20+6)[16] For the best place to pick up equipment with few coins... or less
    Listen (1d20+3)[12]
    If any food was found, he tries to make it better in the fire.
    Last edited by AsDeR; 2012-05-30 at 07:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Edward does not find any food in the small one room house. He knows there is a small vender who has a general store that is usually stocked but only has limited equipment on hand. However, since it is so small it is often not targeted by the thieves and might make for a good hit for a few coins and a few swords.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

After Ort releases the goblin, he waits quietly as he stands ominously in front of it. He graciously accepts the coins and brooch Lilella hands him with little more than a nod and a quick glance. Once Ed finally enters the room, Ort then decides he has made the goblin wait long enough.

(I am posting several questions. These are asked in order and separately, waiting for an answer before proceeding)

Ort squats down to rest on his haunches as close to eye level as he can be with the frightened goblin
    "Now the time has come for you to tell me all I wish to know. How about we start with an easy one, how often do you and your friend stay here?

Do you know of anyone or anything else that uses this place for shelter other than yourself?

When was the first time you decided to stay here?

Where will you go if I release you?

Now, before I decide whether or not I should let you two go or just be done with it and kill you, I need you to tell me who it is that you work for."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[9] sense motive
    Last edited by fungusamnguss32; 2012-05-31 at 12:56 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

AC12, HP19

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

"Now the time has come for you to tell me all I wish to know. How about we start with an easy one, how often do you and your friend stay here?

"Found this place when rain started. Maybe a night or so ago...stay dry we want."

Do you know of anyone or anything else that uses this place for shelter other than yourself?

"We find no others here. Some food was here but we eat food."

When was the first time you decided to stay here?

"Too nights ago, when the rain started. So cold that night was"

Where will you go if I release you?

"Into the rain. Find another dry area and some food."

Now, before I decided whether or not I should let you two go our just be done with it and kill you, I need you to tell me who it is that you work for."

"We hid from guards. Guards no like goblin-kin. Hide from jails or death. Need money and food. Come to city. City no like me."

Sense motive DC 18
    Spoiler
    Show
    You sense that he is withholding some information.
    Last edited by crimson77; 2012-05-31 at 01:03 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah, I think i'm just going to kill you. You are hiding stuff from me. In my home! You stay here with out permission and now, I get the impression you are lying to me. At the very least you are not telling me the whole story. So this is your last chance you filthy beast, tell me more or I am going to have to kill you and your friend."

As he starts to speak the last sentence, Ort very calmly stands up directly in front of the goblin. When he finishes speaking, he stretches his neck and shoulders, cracks his fingers menacingly, and slightly flexes his muscles as if preparing for a fight.
    Last edited by fungusamnguss32; 2012-05-31 at 01:16 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

AC12, HP19

24. - Top - End - #144

Jadzik listens in on the conversation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+2)[14] <--- oh.... so close
    If he suspects anything
    huh.... hey Ort, you know he's lying right. Goblin, that mouth of yours better start spewing the truth. My friend here has been more than accommodating to a trespasser like you. He could have just as easily snapped your neck in your sleep. Count yourself lucky to be alive and allowed the opportunity to explain yourself.
    Last edited by ninthbit; 2012-05-31 at 07:27 AM.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

25. - Top - End - #145

Lil' Edward

Edward shakes his head at Ort after listening the goblin answers, letting him know that he is not telling the truth.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[25] sense motive

If I shake the head before Ort's last post it will make more sense.
    Last edited by AsDeR; 2012-05-31 at 09:08 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lilella, having cleaned off a small place to sleep, turns as ort begins to question the goblins. Lilella slides the second bone knife to Edward's feet. She then pulls the shank out of her belt loop, crouches down, and attempt to look fierce while Ort questions...
    Spoiler
    Show
    rolls
    (1d20+2)[3] intimidate (low roll means she couldn't over come her cuteness)
    Last edited by AngelEyes23; 2012-05-31 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Clarifying
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin shutters with fear as he realizes Edward is on to his lie and Ort is likely to harm him. He continues speaking, "Me work on docks stealing boxes at night. Me hear story from rat man of 'nother gang that he knows of a safe place cuz old hag die. Me leave docks cuz it unsafe and guards look for goblinkin. Me come here to stay away from dock gang and rat gang until I find money."

28. - Top - End - #148

For your sake, you better be telling the truth. Who were you working for on the docks?

(if he wasn't working for anyone in particular)
    Who were you selling the boxes to then?

What was the name of the 'rat-man' you heard these stories from?

(if he doesn't know)
    Would you recognize him if you saw him again?

(doesn't really matter how he answers)
    Well it's your lucky day, you just got yourself a benifactor. You seem to be of value to us. You're going to take us to where you heard this. We want to have some words with this skaven.
    Last edited by ninthbit; 2012-05-31 at 11:11 AM.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin starts to look scared as Jadzik starts to ask him questions. "Me no no the boss. Me get one silver for box I take off ship. Me think I get caught one night but it was a rat man from 'nother gang. He says he give me 2 silver per box. I help him. Me no no his name. He smell like sewers. He tell me this cuz I help him. He say he help me be free of docks. Me gang get mad me no have box for that night. Me and friend run here and hide."

30. - Top - End - #150

Lil' Edward

Edward takes the bone dagger and nods at Lilella.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[16] Sense motive again

"It seems he worked for the dock gang and switched to the sewer's gang, not the dock gang is looking for him, probably to kill him." Edward looks at the goblin while saying this.

"He might be of use. If he shows up in the docks some dock gang member will come after him. We can use the goblin as a bait."
    "Then we can ask the dock gang member about the friend we are looking for."

"It seems you can get out of this alive and maybe with some coins goblin, if you are smart enough to help us. What is your name?"
    Last edited by AsDeR; 2012-05-31 at 02:42 PM.