New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Waterdeep [Sandbox 3.5] IC

That and the fact that Snakrab is trying to recruit assassins to pick off the wharf gang’s members. I don’t think they’ll be to appreciative of that news. But to the more pressing matter. Jadzik then gestures to the goblins. We really don’t need these two anymore, and I’m sick of looking at them. Anybody have a good reason we should keep holding them?
    Last edited by ninthbit; 2012-06-05 at 11:29 AM.
    Spoiler: Smells Funny (the awesomest goblin ever)
    Show

Smells Funny Level HP AC TAC FAC Spt/Lstn
    Effects
    3rd
    16/16 : NL=0
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft
    Just 1 PC at GitP. I mostly play over at RPOL .

2. - Top - End - #212

Lil' Edward

Edward looks at Jadzik closely while he speaks "You are really negative" sais in a slow phrase.
    "Waterdeep is not THAT bad nor THAT dangerous, do you think we have a problem to deal with? why? because Snakrab said so? We don't have any debt with him, and we don't have to deal with his problems. I thought everybody here was going to do it just for the fun of it."
    "You know, something big might happen and we can be part of it, and even get some money! We could lead both gangs into a war and right in the middle of it tell the authorities about them. We could go check if Snakrab's head got a reward."

"You are way too impacient. And just why do you want to kill the goblins? I like green people." Edward pats smells funny head and frowns in an exagerated sad face.

"Also, we don't know who or why killed Ort's mother, the goblins just said something about a woman but we can't be sure about it. Unless Ort is defferent from what he used to be, I bet he want's to find both the hand who killed her and the voice who gave the order and kick both to bone-pulp."

And he won't be able to get over it until he does it...

Something crosses Edward's head and asks Jadzik "Why are you in such a hurry? What does Jadzik want to do?"

3. - Top - End - #213

Wooooooh.... calm down there. I said give them their shivs and send them on there way. As for why I'm always in a hurry. Because I'm not a d**n elf. Life is short, so why sit around waisting it. Snakrab pissed me off with his attitude down in the sewers, and it doesn't hurt the cause that it would likely improve the city with him being gone.

I'm not saying I'm not open to other ideas. I'm just saying we have a lot to do, and we still have half a day. When Lilella gets back with some chow, we should knock out a plan and get to work. But until then, these two did nothing but sleep in the wrong place, so I say we let them go.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Lilella returns with several loves of bread, some dried meat, a few apples, and a jug of cheap watery wine. The total costing her 10 copper.
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

5. - Top - End - #215

Lil' Edward

After having some food, Edward decides to go get some info about how the gangs situation is seen by the rest of the town.
    "I'll be back in an hour."

He goes to the Rusted Nails Inn, a place he oftens goes to when he needs to sell other people's goods, eat something disgusting or get the latest news.

-"Hi Garrold, is Gretta arround."

-"Do I look like a man who needs to know where his mother is?"

Garrold was a good boy for Waterdeep standars. He would probably be in prison in any other town. Gretta was the pwned of the Rusted Nails, she was as old as dead tree and wearing the same bark as skin, but she still had that innate talent of female innkeepers to know everything about everyone everywhere.

"I'll wait a bit, i need to talk to her."
    Edward grabs a beer and sits. While waiting for Gretta to show up he open his ears and absorbs as much information as he can. It never hurts to hear something interesting.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather information (1d20+2)[19]

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Gretta shows her toothless grin after making Edward wait for a while. She waddles over in a blood soaked apron - she was one who loved to butcher her own meat despite her old age. She slides over a bowl of stew, "It's rat stew but me tell them it is wild turkey. Them sorry bastards don't know the difference and neither do you." She waits for Edward to take a large spoonful, "It's on the house, specially since i heard you be dead." She waits for a reaction from Edward before continuing, "Word on the street is that you and some other cellies were killed in the jail uprising. I heard there were several deaths but no escapes. I would keep me head down if me were you. You don't want to get them angry you escaped - at least until they forget you. That the biggest new lately, prices have been high due to thieves at the docks. Looks like two gangs are fighting for turf there. There is no spark but there is plenty of lamp oil spread around. I would watch yourself down there. You might get burned. The watch has been focused on keeping the peace there but if there is trouble then there might be a big fight with the watch joining. That be bad for business - for me and you both. You got any silver to sell me - i could use some new pretty pieces. If you get any soon I be a buyer but i don't pay high prices...but you remember that."
    I am posting from my IPhone 90% of the time. Please forgive any spellcheck errors.
    Notice: All events written about or discussed on this site are fictional and fantasy/science fiction based.They are for entertainment purposes only within a fantasy/science fiction game and any relationship to the real world (events, individuals, situations, etc) are unintended and coincidental.

7. - Top - End - #217

Lil' Edward

Edward can't hide a smile when he sees the old hag. She looks as gross as always but being raised by a butcher as he was he finds it even cute.
    Edward tastes the stew. "Best rat ever, Gretta, as always"

"It's on the house, specially since i heard you be dead."
    "I hear the same about you everytime you oversleep, someday it will be true." jokes.

"Word on the street is that you and some other cellies were killed in the jail uprising."
    "Everytime they kill a kid, a halfling or a dwarf they want to say they killed Lil' Edward. They weren't even close."
    Edward laments to hear the death news. He did not like most of the people who were there that day, but most of them didn't deserve to die. But as news go, they could all have escaped and the guards are pulling out a big bluff here to hide their incompetence.

"I heard something similar about the gangs, I will try to do something about it. If you happen to hear anything about a sewer refugee in the docks, let me know." Edward stands up and prepares to leave.
    "Next time I see you I will bring you some jewelry that matches your beauty, some road rock or something. Thanks Gretta." Edward smiles a last time and winks at Gretta as he leaves.

He joins the others at Ort's house and share the news.
    "It seems they declared us dead, but the news are still fresh. I think we should hide for a while, even if that kills Jadzik."
    "That, or find good disguises. but I don't like the idea of going arround looking like a begger kid."
    Last edited by AsDeR; 2012-06-06 at 08:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

A few days pass quickly with only short breaks outside to get some more food or to hear if there are any new rumors. The house is starting to feel clean and the goblins have proven trustworthy at least not to be tied up all the time. They adequately clean when directed and watched but still show signs of not really caring. It is easy to see that they are not happy as prisoners but they do not seem to be resentful or hostile either. They are less than helpful when it comes to knowledge on the city or the latest rumors. Rather, they know even less than you do despite being locked up.*

It is finally night and you are starting to feel that the heat from the prison escape has faded a bit and likely the guards have shifted their attention to other stressors within the city. You are also starting to feel restless as to where you should go now.*

9. - Top - End - #219

Ok... It's been the better part of a week. How long do we need to wait here? Whats the plan? I said we should bruse up a few rats and see where that takes us. Most of you know the city better though. Where do we go from here? It will never be 100% safe. At some point we just need to move on... to move forward.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Personally, I'd like to get out of the city and see some of the world. But we need money to buy supplies, and I don't see any of us getting a job anytime soon. If we're going to steal, who better to steal from than thieves? And if we manage to get some closure for Ort in the process, all the better. I think it's time to go see the leader of the wharf rats, and see what she knows.
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

STR 10 DEX 17 CON 10 INT 13 WIS 14 CHA 8
    HP 6/6 AC 13 Spot/Listen +6
    Spells
    Level 0: 3/4 Level 1: 4/4
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I agree that it would be nice to get out of the city again. Now that my ma is gone, there is little left here for me. Before I go however, there is some unfinished business. I will find my mothers killer. I think we should indeed take a trip to see the dock gang leader. If w have to pick a side, I would rather be with them than Snakrab. And hopefully it will give us a chance to clean this town up some and with the loot we confiscate, we can get outfitted properly in the process. So, who's in? I say we start tonight."

Spoiler
    Show
    Str10, Dex15, Con14, Int12, Wis13, Cha8

AC12, HP19

Spot +3, Listen +3, Search +2, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Bowmaking +5

12. - Top - End - #222

Sounds good here. We may even have an "in" with them. We can tell them about Snakrab's ploy to get us to bring their guy in.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

You had been sending one of the goblins out to get water from the nearby fountain. It was an easy task and they had shown their trust not to wander off. However, you grew concerned after one did not show up for almost an hour. The one goblin with you was also concerned. Before, you can launch much of a search party to go looking for him you hear a loud knock at the door. Ort opens it slowly and in the dim candle light you see blood on the door and as you look down you notice the decapitated head of the goblin. There are deep scratches in the goblins dead face. You think you see shadows of those who might have done this but you are not sure. The streets are empty. You follow a bit of a blood trail but it only leads to the fountain where you see the goblins body floating in the shallow fountain.

Search DC 15 and knowledge (religion, nature, or arcane) DC 15
    Spoiler
    Show
    The head looks like it has been chewed off the body. The body is also covered in deep scratches.

14. - Top - End - #224

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Search (1d20+3)[22]
    Knowledge Nature (1d20+2)[11]
    Knowledge Arcana (1d20+2)[5]
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

After carefully searching the area for clues with the rest of the group, Lilella returns to the house to hug and comfort the remaining goblin, trying not to let anyone see her cry. She had gotten close to the goblins in the past few days, enjoying their antics and constant squabbling. Stay close to me, if anyone tries to hurt you, they'll have to go through me first. I'll make sure you get safely back to your tribe and family.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+8)[17] search
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    F - Elf Rogue, Level 2, Init +3, HP 9/9, Speed 30
    AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, Fort +0, Ref +6, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus +1
    Short Bow (20 Arrows) (1d6, x3)
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Decorated Cutlass (1d6, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 10
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

16. - Top - End - #226

You all know this is our fault right. We could have let them go.

Spoiler
    Show

Int Check: (1d20+1)[15]
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

They would have been hunted anyway, remember? They quit working for one gang to work for another. Lilella growls. No one hurts my friends and gets away with it.

She stands up, checking to see that the dagger is still hidden in her clothes, and hides the shank in her clothing as well, glaring at anyone who glances her way. She grabs the loop of rope that she had been playing with the past few days and loops it shoulder-to-hip around her body. Then she asks Ort to pass her the remaining dagger and short-sword, strapping their scabbards around her waist. Considering herself armed to the teeth, she turns to the rest of the group. I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to go rip someone to pieces, as well as everyone who stands between me and them. I want the person who did this, as well as the person who gave the order, eating cold steal before breakfast. Lilella starts for the door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

18. - Top - End - #228

Edit: Corrected assumptions
    The poor bastard's only ambishion was to earn enough coin for some drinks, a warm bed, and a sword. These two have been good to us. We should have gave them a beer and a blade and sent them back to thier clan.

In any case, someone knows that we're here. If they were only after the gobos they would have come in after Smelly as well.

Original Post:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The poor bastard's only ambishion was to earn enough coin for some drinks and a sword. He gave us some good information and didn't betray us. We should have gave him a beer and a blade and sent him back to his clan.

In any case, someone knows that we're here. If they were only after the gobos they would have come in after
    [insert name of surviving goblin here].
    Last edited by ninthbit; 2012-06-08 at 02:02 PM.
    Show

Effects
    3rd
    +0 /+0
    Darkvision 60ft

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Smells Funny is still alive. Lumpy (the silent one) is dead.

20. - Top - End - #230

Lil' Edward

"Lilella, this is what they want. They want us to go out." but she was not even listening.

God dammit, we better get out of this alive. Edward quickly unties Smelly and gives him his bone dagger. After that he rushes after Lilella.
    They could ambush us anytime! Damn girl.

21. - Top - End - #231

PirateGuy

Lilella! Trent shouted out, running after to her. Once he caught up, he spoke in more normal tones.

Where are you going! We need a plan. We can't just run off and get ourselves killed. We should stick to our plan to go meet the leader of the wharf rats. Let's head to the docks.
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

You find yourselves near the fountain where the goblin's body still floats in the darkness. It is strange that you see no people about but then again you can almost smell the fresh blood of the dead goblin. Thankfully, it was just a goblin and you know the city watch will not investigate nor will they clean up the mess. Smells Funny starts to speak, "He no smartest or strongest but did he fight before he died." He looks around scanning the darkness, while clenching the bone knife, looking for something that may help him locate the killer.

[Search DC 5]
    Spoiler
    Show

You find the bucket he took with him to get water.
    [DC 10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The bucket seems to have fur wedged between the wood as if it was used as a weapon.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Lilella paces next to the well angrily. The sight and smell of the goblins bloody body infuriated her. They had a point though, she wasn't strong enough to take on the whole sewer rat population. Fine. But we better get somewhere quick, that wasn't the last message they are going to send, and their probably watching us right now. Lets go to this wharf rat gang then, right now. I'm not waiting around here another second, we've been crammed into that tiny house entirely too long, and my blades are thirsting for the blood of the guilty.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

You head down to the docks it's quiet and rain starts to gently fall on your heads. Edward leads you around the warehouses, you can feel eyes on you in the shadows, it feels like someone is always watching you. The goblin tags closely to Lilella as if he is hoping that she will protect him from any harm. Edward stops at the entrance to a pier. Two large thugs stand next to a gang plank of a ship moored at this pier for a long time. Hiding in plain sight was one way this guild survived. The thugs look at you, you can see their are armed with large maces. "Open water with a gray sky, to whom shall we pray." The protecting thugs present a pass code for you to answer in to show if you are a friend to the guild.

Knowledge (local) 25
    Spoiler
    Show
    The skipper to steer us clear.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

All the way to the docks Lilella was thinking about Lumpy. It had to have been one of those #@!$ Ratmen, especially with those deep scratches on his body. I'll make sure those yellow-bellied lowlifes pay.

Upon reaching the guards, She waited, wondering if anyone knew the password. Thoughts of Lumpy's bloody body was making her vision go red around the edges. When no one responded, she pushed her way to the front of the group. Take us to Valthellis. We have some information about of Snakrab's plans she may find useful. She said forcefully, trying to keep her anger under control. She subconsciously reaches behind her protectively to make sure Smells Funny is right behind her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6

26. - Top - End - #236

PirateGuy

To the mermaids that **** gold, or to me, it makes no matter. Now take us to your master, we have important business to discuss.
    Spoiler
    Show

Intimidate
    (1d20-1)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show

Elias

Trent:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spells
    Fort +0 Ref +3 Will +5

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

"Our master has better things than some low life thieves roaming the docks at night. Obviously you are not here for work, nor are you friends of ours. It is no suprise those sewer rats think they can take us, they will crawl back to the $&!+ from which they came. Shall we teach you a lesson or mayhaps you can give me some juicy information that I might want to pass to my master. "

28. - Top - End - #238

Lil' Edward

Edward hides his weapons the best he can in case the guards look for them.
    "You have two options. We get there and talk to him, or we get there and talk to him with your heads. This is far too important to be delayed by some guards."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+7)[26]
    I don't remember which one is used. I have both +7 in hide and sleigh of hand.

Edit: chaged post due to DM post.
    Last edited by AsDeR; 2012-06-09 at 03:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess I need an intimitade roll (1d20+0)[11] or bluff (1d20+3)[6] use the more convenient.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I see how it goes, we tell you, you tell your master, then forget about us out here. Not gonna happen. Either you let us through, or you and your waterlogged crew will face the consequences when Snakrab catches you with your breeches down.

Spoiler
    Show
    rolls
    (1d20+4)[14] Bluff
    (1d20+2)[9] Intimidate
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilella
    Dagger (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    (+3 Dex)
    Condition None
    listen+8, spot+6