New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Pricing an item...

Hi! It's been a while since I've been here and done anything. So I'm making a race to go with the setting I'm making (has yet to be posted anywhere, nowhere near that stage yet) and I need some help pricing a rather specific magical item for them. A little of the race: they're essentially living crystal, and can shape their arms into weapons and shields (two-handed and ranged weapons too), and I was wanting to give them a way to enchant their crystalline weapon/shield. So I thought of a gem, a gem which holds enchantments and when embedded in the limb gives whatever weapon/shield it turns into the enchantments it has. Can I get some assistance?
    My Homebrew Signiture.

Thank you Serpentine for my amazing avatar!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Pricing an item...

If you own the Magic Item Compendium, perhaps look at the weapon augment crystals for some idea.
    I dont have a good sense of price, but would say more than the normal amount for the equivalent enchantment, cause they would be able to switch out as needed.
    "To play a fighter is to play the game.
    To play a wizard is to understand the rules.
    To understand the rules, and play a fighter, is to understand the game."
    -Lycar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiriku View Post
    ...magical trumps mundane so often that mundane really needs to be able to give magic a good kick in the junk now and then.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Pricing an item...

I do, but I've barely looked at it, I'll do that when I get back to the book. I figured it would be a bit more expensive, but then again characters could just have a few magical weapons with different enchantments. It's pretty much the same thing, just a crystal and not another weapon.
    My Homebrew Signiture.

Thank you Serpentine for my amazing avatar!