New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    If anyone is interested I will post my full modlist tonight.

Anyway, I will do a female wood elf. Definitely. One-eyed with scars and either mohawk or the next hairdo, the one that is 50% bald and 50% hair.
    Yeah! Embrace the ugly!

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Yeah! Embrace the ugly!
    Nah, embrace the wyld chylde. Or something

Definitely warpaint, too.

So I at first I was thinking about skipping the companions, but Werewolf is just too handy; and I can marry Aela.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Nah, embrace the wyld chylde. Or something

Definitely warpaint, too.

So I at first I was thinking about skipping the companions, but Werewolf is just too handy; and I can marry Aela.
    I don't think of it as Ugly. I just think of it as hot savages.
    P.S-
    Spoiler
    Show
    Am I the only one to think that if Dawnguards are actually anti vampire werewolf (Evidence: Werewolf Perk Tree and Probablity of Were Bears). I wonder how it will have Grey morality of the faction war.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    I don't think of it as Ugly. I just think of it as hot savages.

That is what I am going for.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

5. - Top - End - #305
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Oh, I forgot one mod that really changes the game. Open Cities. It's awesome. And now that the Nav Mesh bug is fixed...
    I'd LOVVEE to have that; it was amazing in Oblivion. Except for the part where my comp found it too intensive, or so I recall (I had way too many mods for Oblivion in the first place; then again, it seems it did a better job at handling them in mass than Skyrim.) How is it affecting your performance, and where would you consider your comp in a general sense (low, mid, high?)
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Barbarian in the Playground

Does this SMIM mod horribly slow down the game? It looks like it might from the screenshots.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Okay.... 23 24 mods...
    Is that a lot?
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2012-06-15 at 01:22 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308

Quote Originally Posted by Fargazer View Post
    Does this SMIM mod horribly slow down the game? It looks like it might from the screenshots.
    It didn't for me, that I can think of.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I am installing SMIM, because most objects DO look better. I still think there is an Epic Fail on the tomatoes though (in fact the vanilla tomatoes are some of the most realistic vegetables or fruits I have seen in any game, ever) and the apples look worse than vanilla but not by much.

10. - Top - End - #310

Hope you have better luck than myself with it...

Also, looks like I'm skipping on Open Cities. Not all are done, and it apparently needs a complete revision according to the author.

So, in other words, I think my modlist is where I want it to be, provided I have finally worked out all the kinks (looks like my game didn't like the Unofficial Patch beta made for 1.6 either.) Maybe in the future I can work up the money to get a better CPU and graphics card to handle some of the more intensive ones like SkyTEST and Warzone (I REALLY want Warzone... That sounds like ridiculous fun.) It probably would just help me in general, too.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2012-06-15 at 01:27 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Hope you have better luck than myself with it...
    I didn't. it turns out it conflicts with ALOT of mods: I cannot install it and keep Realistic Lighting OR W.A.T.E.R. OR Dynamic Snow. So No, I will not install SMIM, it messes everything up.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Firbolg in the Playground

I didn't. it turns out it conflicts with ALOT of mods: I cannot install it and keep Realistic Lighting OR W.A.T.E.R. OR Dynamic Snow. So No, I will not install SMIM, it messes everything up.
    Awww... :( guess I have to remove SMIM and Open Cities then
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

So... installing Sounds of Skyrim or not...

14. - Top - End - #314

So... installing Sounds of Skyrim or not...
    I haven't had an opportunity to try it out, but it sounds awesome!

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    I haven't had an opportunity to try it out, but it sounds awesome!
    My only problem with it is that the Dungeon one cannot be turned off; even if you cleared out a dungeon, you will hear ambient monster sounds in it.

16. - Top - End - #316

My only problem with it is that the Dungeon one cannot be turned off; even if you cleared out a dungeon, you will hear ambient monster sounds in it.
    Mmm, I don't mind that so much...

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Incompatibilities with SMIM and Realistic Lighting? Or WATER? None that I've found. Just ensure that you disable the other two and put SMIM in first, then the other two, and let them over write it.

Open Cities is awesome, and it's worth it now. The rework is because there are a few things that don't look quite right. In Whiterun for example, the rocks along the wall near the Hall of the Dead don't match up to the ground. Works just fine though.

Gaming System Stats: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.21Ghz, 2GB RAM, Geforce 9600 GT, 250GB Sata HD.

So it's a couple years old, and really rather needs an upgrade, because it's still running XP, but I've currently got 81 mods installed. A few are texture updates, and a couple would actually be patches, but it's only about 5 of those. So you can run quite a few. The only one changing the worldscape at the moment is Open Cities. Runs just fine. A little lag, but I've seen people with much more powerful systems getting similar lag.

One other mod I'd recommend is the Female underwear retex, mod number 2215. It's just a retex of the default underwear, but it looks SOO much better than the default it's not funny. It's no less safe for work than the default underwear.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2012-06-15 at 05:32 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Mmm, I don't mind that so much...
    Also keep in mind that the development of these are more or less cancelled. So Civilization and Special Events might never be released.

Incompatibilities with SMIM and Realistic Lighting? Or WATER? None that I've found. Just ensure that you disable the other two and put SMIM in first, then the other two, and let them over write it.
    Okay I will try that.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2012-06-15 at 05:26 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319

Open Cities is awesome, and it's worth it now. The rework is because there are a few things that don't look quite right. In Whiterun for example, the rocks along the wall near the Hall of the Dead don't match up to the ground. Works just fine though.

Gaming System Stats: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.21Ghz, 2GB RAM, Geforce 9600 GT, 250GB Sata HD.

So it's a couple years old, and really rather needs an upgrade, because it's still running XP, but I've currently got 81 mods installed. A few are texture updates, and a couple would actually be patches, but it's only about 5 of those. So you can run quite a few. The only one changing the worldscape at the moment is Open Cities. Runs just fine. A little lag, but I've seen people with much more powerful systems getting similar lag.
    Okay, in general, I think you are luckier than I am with the older machinery. At any rate, I'm fine enough without Open Cities, just because the "some do, some don't" WILL bug me, but I definitely will keep an eye out for it. Maybe this update will also include more cities.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. It's starting to show it's age, I've got an occasionally bad USB port, and a broken fan, so I'm aiming for a goal of rebuilding it soon. I'm hoping to get it done in time to get Windows 7 before it gets too expensive because it's technically old, because I don't want anything at all to do with 8.

Yeah, supposedly Solitude is going to be next, because Windhelm is being difficult, so it might be a while though.

I must applaud Arthmoor for the work though. I wouldn't have the patience.

21. - Top - End - #321

From what I remember from Oblivion Nexus, Arthmoor was one heck of a modder. It doesn't surprise me to see him continue that line of work.

Also, decided to trying switching a myriad of mods to strictly RCRN, which, btw, revealed that, even if you used force graphics settings, your Skyrim graphics settings (like AA and ASF) need to match the forced settings, or it will act weird. And now I am left to wonder (since I am STILL find problems here and there. I think I also killed a mod with bad scripts, and now redownloaded one manually and reinstalled it in the hopes that its ridiculously large error profile in Papyrus logs is due to corruption. If not... goodbye creating my own Dwemer constructs to fight for me. )

That said, it still looks like the Papyrus logs last line, which is what "should" be killing a game, has nothing that is a killer. In other words, it is probably graphics or memory related. Which would not surprise me at all... I really could use both a new graphics card and a new processor. I know what to get, actually, but, you know, money and all that...
    Last edited by Daverin; 2012-06-15 at 10:38 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm... I like the whole ACE overhaul package in theory, but it is really don't like other mods. It seems like a great archer overhaul, for example, but the fact that the author messes both with the perk tree AND the smithing...

Do anyone else know a good archery overhaul?

23. - Top - End - #323

Since we're discussing mods anyway - and yes, hello, it's been a long time since I've been 'round these parts - I made my own spell mod for Skyrim. I just got the game a month ago, and I felt like I wasn't getting enough use out of my hotkeys, so I set out making a few more spells and powers for casters and non-casters. No huge lists, I prefer fewer things that do more.

I humbly submit it for perusal, if anyone's interested; The Revenge of Colette.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Nice.

Speaking of projects with Skyrim, I'm toying with a rather simple one, but I was wondering if I could get some opinions on some lingering issues with it.

I'm calling the mod The Ten Bloods, and the basic idea of it is to take ten characters (one from each race) and build them into interesting, distinctive, diverse, and useful potential companions.

Here's what I've got so far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Note: Passive skills (lockpicking, enchanting, pickpocketing, etc) are not counted as tagged skills, they are bonuses that give certain characters an edge.

Males:
    Bosmer: Faendal the Hunter -High stealth, high archery, high awareness, low aggression (doesn't start fights, but finishes them). (Archery, Stealth, Light Armor)

Khajiit: Kharjo the Guard - Not sure which way to take him: the ultimate tank or a monk, using the khajiit claws and iron fists perk. May give him a unique hand-to-hand weapon that uses the long sword perks and skill, but with only a decent attack power so that he'll use good swords if given them. (Heavy Armor, 1h Weapons, Block)

Nord: Erik the Slayer - Energetic and ambitious, Erik's big on momentum. Killing things gives him a temporary buff that stacks. A solid if boring fighter normally, he becomes an unstoppable monster vs hordes (such as the civil war quests). Specializes in 2-handed axes. (2h Weapons, Light Armor, Block)

Females:
    Argonian: Shahvee the Thief - Although she's trying to reform, Shahvee still retains a gift for larceny. Besides being very good at stealth and daggers, she has a high passive skill with lockpicks and pickpocketing and a willingness to use them when asked to. (Stealth, 1h Weapons, Light Armor)

Breton: Lisette the Bard - A blend of fire magic and fencing. Might have a ridiculously high enchanting skill, allowing her to use staffs and magic weapons for FAR longer than other people. Otherwise possibly give her a few low-grade shouts, as bards would be obvious candidates to study the Way of the Voice, if only a little. (1h Weapons, Light Armor, Destruction)

Imperial: Illia the Witch - A powerful shock mage and necromancer hoping to use her ill-gotten talents for something good. (Destruction, Conjuration, Restoration)

Redguard: Saadia the Noble - Uses conjuration as her main skill, favoring bound swords and atronachs. She's a skilled fighter, but was trained on the assumption that she wouldn't always have weapons or guards close at hand. She might have have Alchemy as a passive skill, allowing her to draw more effect out of potions than others would. (Conjuration, 1h Weapons, Heavy Armor)

Remaining Slots: (No obvious choices here)
    Altmer: ? - Few possibilities: Possibly Necalar, the daedra-hating ex-college mage from the Black Star quest. Also possibly some form of ex-Thalmor agent, if there's voice samples to support such a character.

Dunmer: ? - A few possibilities: Possibly Aranea, so that you get one of the Ten Bloods regardless of what choice you make. Also possibly Dravynea the Stoneweaver, the frost mage from the Kynesgrove mines.

Orsimer: ? - Possibly Ghorbash the Iron Hand, rebranded to use heavy armors and warhammers. Unlike Erik, Ghorbash would be balanced to shine against single targets, especially heavily armored enemies. Like Kharjo, might give him a unique hand to hand weapon that counts as a warhammer for perks and skill.

If anyone has any good suggestions on characters or builds to design one of the Ten Bloods around, please let me know. I'm trying to spread them all out into every part of the province and with a fairly even distribution for gender and play style.

If it turns out well, I'll probably release it.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

25. - Top - End - #325

Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    Since we're discussing mods anyway - and yes, hello, it's been a long time since I've been 'round these parts - I made my own spell mod for Skyrim. I just got the game a month ago, and I felt like I wasn't getting enough use out of my hotkeys, so I set out making a few more spells and powers for casters and non-casters. No huge lists, I prefer fewer things that do more.

I humbly submit it for perusal, if anyone's interested; The Revenge of Colette.
    Dang! Consider it downloaded. And since its from a Gitp'er... my one and so far only endorsement.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I would recommend oblivious horses. The 7th time you buy a horse because your stupid mount ran full tilt at 3 giants and a dragon while you were stealthing up you will understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Damn it. I can't decide if
    ACE - Comprehensive Enhancements by Athyra should be installed instead of the comlete crafting overhaul...

28. - Top - End - #328

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Nice.

Speaking of projects with Skyrim, I'm toying with a rather simple one, but I was wondering if I could get some opinions on some lingering issues with it.

I'm calling the mod The Ten Bloods, and the basic idea of it is to take ten characters (one from each race) and build them into interesting, distinctive, diverse, and useful potential companions.

Here's what I've got so far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Note: Passive skills (lockpicking, enchanting, pickpocketing, etc) are not counted as tagged skills, they are bonuses that give certain characters an edge.

Males:
    Bosmer: Faendal the Hunter -High stealth, high archery, high awareness, low aggression (doesn't start fights, but finishes them). (Archery, Stealth, Light Armor)

Khajiit: Kharjo the Guard - Not sure which way to take him: the ultimate tank or a monk, using the khajiit claws and iron fists perk. May give him a unique hand-to-hand weapon that uses the long sword perks and skill, but with only a decent attack power so that he'll use good swords if given them. (Heavy Armor, 1h Weapons, Block)

Nord: Erik the Slayer - Energetic and ambitious, Erik's big on momentum. Killing things gives him a temporary buff that stacks. A solid if boring fighter normally, he becomes an unstoppable monster vs hordes (such as the civil war quests). Specializes in 2-handed axes. (2h Weapons, Light Armor, Block)

Females:
    Argonian: Shahvee the Thief - Although she's trying to reform, Shahvee still retains a gift for larceny. Besides being very good at stealth and daggers, she has a high passive skill with lockpicks and pickpocketing and a willingness to use them when asked to. (Stealth, 1h Weapons, Light Armor)

Breton: Lisette the Bard - A blend of fire magic and fencing. Might have a ridiculously high enchanting skill, allowing her to use staffs and magic weapons for FAR longer than other people. Otherwise possibly give her a few low-grade shouts, as bards would be obvious candidates to study the Way of the Voice, if only a little. (1h Weapons, Light Armor, Destruction)

Imperial: Illia the Witch - A powerful shock mage and necromancer hoping to use her ill-gotten talents for something good. (Destruction, Conjuration, Restoration)

Redguard: Saadia the Noble - Uses conjuration as her main skill, favoring bound swords and atronachs. She's a skilled fighter, but was trained on the assumption that she wouldn't always have weapons or guards close at hand. She might have have Alchemy as a passive skill, allowing her to draw more effect out of potions than others would. (Conjuration, 1h Weapons, Heavy Armor)

Remaining Slots: (No obvious choices here)
    Altmer: ? - Few possibilities: Possibly Necalar, the daedra-hating ex-college mage from the Black Star quest. Also possibly some form of ex-Thalmor agent, if there's voice samples to support such a character.

Dunmer: ? - A few possibilities: Possibly Aranea, so that you get one of the Ten Bloods regardless of what choice you make. Also possibly Dravynea the Stoneweaver, the frost mage from the Kynesgrove mines.

Orsimer: ? - Possibly Ghorbash the Iron Hand, rebranded to use heavy armors and warhammers. Unlike Erik, Ghorbash would be balanced to shine against single targets, especially heavily armored enemies. Like Kharjo, might give him a unique hand to hand weapon that counts as a warhammer for perks and skill.

If anyone has any good suggestions on characters or builds to design one of the Ten Bloods around, please let me know. I'm trying to spread them all out into every part of the province and with a fairly even distribution for gender and play style.

If it turns out well, I'll probably release it.
    It's a good idea, but the limitation with modifying existing characters is that you'll never be able to add new dialogue - and as someone who longs for a BioWare style set of companions, no matter how mechanically or aesthetically interesting these NPCs get, I'm unlikely to use them.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Well, I've apparently created Schrodinger's Dragon. I found Alduin resurrecting a dragon, shot an arrow at him, which caused him to fly away. So now the dragon mound still has that weird aura, but the dragon isn't emerging. Is the dragon both dead and alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

30. - Top - End - #330

It's just dragon out the cast time.