New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Well, I've apparently created Schrodinger's Dragon. I found Alduin resurrecting a dragon, shot an arrow at him, which caused him to fly away. So now the dragon mound still has that weird aura, but the dragon isn't emerging. Is the dragon both dead and alive?
    That happened to me too, once. It's a pretty awesome pad for dance parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Curse you astral.

Try Fus Ro Dahing out the dragon, a lot of the glitches were so and so is stuck can be solved by pushing them around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think the issue is more that he disrupted a scripted event, so the part of the script that causes it to light up activated, but the part of the script that causes the dragon to actually emerge didn't.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

So I've been playing some Skyrim again (been on a barbarian kick of late) and got inspired to make this video. Hope you enjoy
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

That was awesome, Zorg. What was that bow, though? I've only ever seen it in loading screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AstralFire View Post
    It's a good idea, but the limitation with modifying existing characters is that you'll never be able to add new dialogue - and as someone who longs for a BioWare style set of companions, no matter how mechanically or aesthetically interesting these NPCs get, I'm unlikely to use them.
    Okay, would this be a more interesting idea?

Spoiler
    Show

One character, deeper story, voice acted (poorly) by me.

Muril the Scholar
    Altmer Spellblade

Role: As he likes to put it, "Empirical Historian" - he's basically an archaeologist in the Indiana Jones description of the job, with more monster-filled ruins than musty libraries. Has a fascination with dead civilizations such as the dragon cult, the dwemer, the falmer, the akaviri... Obviously his interests and your mission are going to intersect a little.

Background: Recently been organizing a dig in Bleak Falls Barrow. Hired a thief to retrieve an artifact from a nearby town and a team of bandits for security. Unfortunately the thief worked out the secret of the artifact on his own and teamed up with the bandits to cut Muril out of the deal. Muril is currently bound and imprisoned in the tower on the road to Bleak Falls Barrow, awaiting execution once the thief returns.

I was tempted to give him the Wraithguard and Sunder, or at least the opportunity to attain them. It amuses me to envision him dual wielding Sunder and Keening.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Well, I've apparently created Schrodinger's Dragon. I found Alduin resurrecting a dragon, shot an arrow at him, which caused him to fly away. So now the dragon mound still has that weird aura, but the dragon isn't emerging. Is the dragon both dead and alive?
    All hail the Quantum Dovakhiin?

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    And then there's the horror of the Uncertainty Draco-liches.
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Huh. After reading this and the following posts, I thought to myself "Huh. I sure hope nothing like this happens to me," and carried on with my day. So I started walking from Western Watchtower to Sunderstone Gorge and happened to see Alduin raising a dragon from the burial mound on the way. Remembering what happened here, I chose not to shoot him so that I could kill a dragon, and hid behind a rock. Well, it didn't quite work. Alduin looked straight at me, said something in the ancient tongue, and flew off, leaving a glowing pillar of light, a tail, and one single foot sticking out of the mound. I promptly beat the ever-loving crap out of the tail, effectively killing it, though it's not dead. There's nothing I can do except listen to the tormented roars coming from inside the mound.
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

That was awesome, Zorg. What was that bow, though? I've only ever seen it in loading screens.
    Thanks!

It's the Nightingale bow - I think you have to do the Thieves Guild questline to get it (or console commands like me).

I've heard that if you Fus a half awakened dragon mound the dragon will talk to you - never been able to check it out myself.
    Last edited by Zorg; 2012-06-19 at 12:56 AM.
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    Thanks!
    Yes, it was great. One question though: Why would anyone want to remove her warpaint?
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Where does it go when she turns into a warewolf, Avilan?

WHERE DOES IT GO?!

Also I think she looks prettier
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm looking for a particular addon feature. Currently, I use only the texture pack, plus 'Lost Art of the Blacksmith' to fix a few of the crafting bugs (can't improve Skyforged Steel daggers, Nord Hero bows, etc).

I'm a huge fan of the look of the Nightingale Blade and Bow, and would love to have an addon that lets me make unenchanted version, as well as improve them fully with crafing perks. Can anyone recommend a mod that will fit the bill?

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
    Where does it go when she turns into a warewolf, Avilan?

WHERE DOES IT GO?!

Also I think she looks prettier
    Where her underwear go. Or... wait. She isn't wearing any .
    Okay, it goes where her shield goes!

Also... That might be so, but I find her wild streak interesting. And a good match for my wood elf girl.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

15. - Top - End - #345

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Curse you astral.

Try Fus Ro Dahing out the dragon, a lot of the glitches were so and so is stuck can be solved by pushing them around.
    So in Skyrim the solution for glitches is to shout at them?

16. - Top - End - #346
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Seems legit.

17. - Top - End - #347

so, anybody have any recommended performance mods that actually WORK in the newest patch?
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Bugbear in the Playground

HiAlgoBoost seems to work extraordinarily well, and did not seem to get ruined with the most recent patch. Stability patches, however, are few and far between.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Huh. After reading this and the following posts, I thought to myself "Huh. I sure hope nothing like this happens to me," and carried on with my day. So I started walking from Western Watchtower to Sunderstone Gorge and happened to see Alduin raising a dragon from the burial mound on the way. Remembering what happened here, I chose not to shoot him so that I could kill a dragon, and hid behind a rock. Well, it didn't quite work. Alduin looked straight at me, said something in the ancient tongue, and flew off, leaving a glowing pillar of light, a tail, and one single foot sticking out of the mound. I promptly beat the ever-loving crap out of the tail, effectively killing it, though it's not dead. There's nothing I can do except listen to the tormented roars coming from inside the mound.
    I think...I think that's the same dragon mound where it happened to me.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2012-06-19 at 04:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Two dumb questions, because I can't remember:

What level is best to get the Nightingale armor?
    What is the best gear for an archer?

Also, after looking at Aela mods, I decided to download a slight facelift (is a little ashamed of myself but it really looks good and not like a pinup doll).

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    What level is best to get the Nightingale armor?
    32 for the armour, 46 for the weapons.

What is the best gear for an archer?
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Weapons#Bows

It depends on your tactics. If you're a bow sniper, you'll want a long-draw bow that maximizes damage, since you'll be free to take your time drawing and aiming. If you're a combat archer, you'll want to throw more arrows down-range faster. Since tempering a bow is a flat adder to base damage, the hunting bow is probably the best pick, barring addons. If you use 'Lost Art of the Blacksmith', that fixes the tempering bug for the Nord Hero Bow, making it a very strong choice for a fast-shooting archer.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    I'm looking for a particular addon feature. Currently, I use only the texture pack, plus 'Lost Art of the Blacksmith' to fix a few of the crafting bugs (can't improve Skyforged Steel daggers, Nord Hero bows, etc).

I'm a huge fan of the look of the Nightingale Blade and Bow, and would love to have an addon that lets me make unenchanted version, as well as improve them fully with crafing perks. Can anyone recommend a mod that will fit the bill?
    Well, answered my own question:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5247

And for people looking for a nightingale themed dagger, there's:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/17098

23. - Top - End - #353
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Schrödakiin, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Works with my computer.

I think...I think that's the same dragon mound where it happened to me.
    Now that's just weird. If you can see the dragon's name, does it start with a V?
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I finally settled for all the mods to use, and started this morning.

Apparently there is one mod that has left "place holders" for hairdoos, since I now have 10 bald hairdoos before getting to the regular ones in the character creation process. Not sure which one that is though. Probalby one of the four NPC replacers. Another odd thing is that I cannot alt-tab out of the game (not that it crashes, alt-tab just doesn't work).

Also, I skipped the whole ACE package and went "classic" with the Crafting Overhaul etc.

I must say I managed to make a wood elf that looks good AND very wood-elfy. I went on darkest skin tone and black hair just to make her look special, and badass warpaint

One thing that has surprised me so far (I have just killed the guards in the torture chamber in the beginning) is that after installing the Deadly Combat mod melee fights so far are EASIER. I am sure this will change drastically later but it feels like this mod is reacting better to how I always fight in melee anyway. It just... suits me. Of course I will soon have bows.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Orc in the Playground

Trying a Redguard Warrior. Decided light armour would be thematically appropriate, made him a smith, and gave him one-handed, block and archery.
    I'm surprised at just how powerful he's being. The light armour really is making him incredibly nimble and helping him regenerate Stamina quickly for shield bashes and power attacks. I've tried one-handed and shield with heavy armour and frankly it was nowhere near this effective. I do get hit harder, but on Master difficulty, most things that pose a legitimate threat to me damage-wise would tear through heavy armour anyway. Being able to avoid hits and keep my stamina up for bashes is a much better option.

I really love the odd combinations you find like this. Even something as obvious as that, to try a new combination of skills and find out just how incredibly effective it is. Good feeling. :)
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Schrödakiin, perhaps?
    That sounds kind of dirty, actually...

Now that's just weird. If you can see the dragon's name, does it start with a V?
    I'll have to check. I only know of two dragon mound on that road, though.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

So here's a question, I've been playing Skyrim for a long time now, but only the one character and I've been happy with the playstyle. Two handed weapon, light armor, a skirmisher type. (Using Volsdrung, the hammer of Might, am I going to get anything better without crafting?)

I'd like to try different combat set-ups but...I think I'm missing something here. One handed and shields looks fun as hell and I've tried it already but...two weapon fighting, how do you actually use it? Just attack with the weapon in each hand? I see other dual-wielder enemies throwing out all kind of fancy moves but, outside of execution animations, the style just looks bland when you use it. Am I missing something? Even with power attacks, it's still just a longer swing with a single weapon. If I'm not, what are some good weapons to use for it? I was figuring Mehrune's Razor and the Mace of Molag Bal, but they can take some time to get to so what are alternatives? I take it most dual-wielders/archers are sneaky too, but sneaking takes forever to level up.

Also on spells...do they seem a little...I'unno...bland too? First tier is different colored 'flame'thrower type spells. Then you have 'bolts', then 'runes', then 'spray down' walls...nothing more? Or rather, is there anything cooler/flashier? Summoning doesn't seem worthwhile, I'm not sure how effective the calm/hate spells are in actual combat and everything else is defensive. What sort of armor/clothing should I be looking to acquire?
    Weapon? The Staff of Magus seems like a winner, but I could be wrong in that regard.

For the record, I play Skyrim on the Xbox, not the PC. So modded in items mean diddly squat to me since I can't get them.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    So here's a question:
    Using Volsdrung, the hammer of Might, am I going to get anything better without crafting?
    Probably not. But crafting is so powerful in this game, you're kind of gimping yourself by not doing it, IMO.

two weapon fighting, how do you actually use it?
    Okay, I've done a LOT of two weapon fighting, and I've found it works best with a sword in the main hand, dagger in the offhand. Using both triggers will have your character execute a spinning power attack, which hits twice with your main hand, and once with your offhand, assuming they're all within reach. An important piece of trivia is that your double attack's speed is determined by your off-hand weapon, that's why the dagger is there. Stack that with the 35% boost to attack speed using Dual Flurry, and you've got a really hard hitting attack that will positively butcher enemies. With a good amount of stamina, and buffed stamina regeneration (Wind Walker perk, Enchants), you can spam it pretty effectively, and wreck your enemies.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Speaking of trying different builds, I've been meaning to try a battlemage build, because nothing says "medieval Jedi" like a gish.

Anyway, does anyone have any tips for me? For instance, what kinds of directions can I go in with that concept? All my characters so far have been warriors, and I don't have much experience with mages, so I'm a bit lost when it comes to knowing what schools of magic are worthwhile.

Also, like Callos, I'm playing on an Xbox 360, so mods are a no-no.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

Probably not. But crafting is so powerful in this game, you're kind of gimping yourself by not doing it, IMO.
    My character does craft quite a bit (smithing and enchanting anyway, not alchemy), but I figured it was still a good idea to see if there was a better 'base' weapon I should find to work with, or if I'm stuck with something I make myself (cause I really do like absorbing 50 stamina from my enemy with each hit).

Okay, I've done a LOT of two weapon fighting, and I've found it works best with a sword in the main hand, dagger in the offhand. Using both triggers will have your character execute a spinning power attack, which hits twice with your main hand, and once with your offhand, assuming they're all within reach. An important piece of trivia is that your double attack's speed is determined by your off-hand weapon, that's why the dagger is there. Stack that with the 35% boost to attack speed using Dual Flurry, and you've got a really hard hitting attack that will positively butcher enemies. With a good amount of stamina, and buffed stamina regeneration (Wind Walker perk, Enchants), you can spam it pretty effectively, and wreck your enemies.
    In other words, I was doing two weapon fighting wrong, thought so. Any other two-weapon specific attacks I should know about? And can the sword be replaced with an axe or mace? I craft a lot, so using a pimped out weapon isn't a problem at all, but I like the aesthitic of axe/dagger or mace/dagger more...the aforementioned Mehrune's Razor/Mace of Molag Bal combo before is also one I like.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."