New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Okay, I am officially pathetic.
    I wasn't happy with the first 5 Imperials i made, and now i have spent 9 hours of my game time today just downloading body and face mods and starting over new characters.

Edit: Is there an equivalent of XSE character enhancement that actually works, without neck seams and don't look like pinup barbie?

His skin colors are slightly too dark, you can't choose NOT to incorporate the things he has made look worse, like the scars and the warpaint (unless you download all mods included separately, but then you get a color seam for the feet).

Also, today the Nexus is completely borked. As usual.
    Did you get XCE on Nexus or Workshop? If it's on Nexus, you should be able to go to the textures folder, navigate down to textures/actors/character/character assets/tintmasks, and delete any warpaints you'd like. You can find the scars at textures/actors/character/(fe)male/facedetails if you want to delete them as well.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Did you get XCE on Nexus or Workshop? If it's on Nexus, you should be able to go to the textures folder, navigate down to textures/actors/character/character assets/tintmasks, and delete any warpaints you'd like. You can find the scars at textures/actors/character/(fe)male/facedetails if you want to delete them as well.
    Thank you! Should have thought of that myself.

Anyway... Other things that happens... I got the PERFECT Bosmer face, then alt-tabed out to look for something, and then the game crashed.

And I can't get it that good again! *ARGH*
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

The trick with armor is that you have to first make an ArmorAddon entry in the Items category, then select that ArmorAddon when creating the armor itself.

Here's the easy way.
    Spoiler
    Show

Preliminaries:
    * Install Creation Kit
    * Copy over any meshes and textures from the mod you want, but don't worry about the esp file. It's a good idea to make a note of what folders the files are in, as that makes things easier later.
    * Open Creation Kit (do this AFTER copying files over or you might not see the new textures).

The work:
    1) Pick a piece of armor similar to what you want to make like, say, steel armor if you want to make heavy armor or something. Doesn't have to the identical, just close enough that you won't have to change a lot. Double click on the armor to open it.

2) Change the values you want, such as weight, armor rating, value, and enchanting. Now change the ID of the armor to something unique and that you can remember. It's a popular convention to put an 'a' or two at the front so they appear at the top of the list. For instance: aaAwesomeArmor.

3) If your armor has ground models (usually meshes with GO or _GND or something at the end of the file name) put select in the world model category. This is what they will look like if you drop them or if you look at them in the items menu.

4) Under the world model category is a white box that looks kinda like a lined notebook, there should be a word in there, such as SteelCuirassAA. Jot that down somewhere, so you'll know where to look next.

5) Click okay, and it should ask you if you wish to make a new form. Say yes, otherwise you'll just be editing the one you're looking at and that can cause all sorts of trouble.

6) Go to the ArmorAddon section of items and find the EditorID you just jotted down somewhere in step 4. Double click on it to open it.

7) This is the ArmorAddon, the actual information on the models and textures the armor uses. Change the ID like you did in step 2, putting an AA at the end of it (aaAwesomeArmorAA). This isn't completely necessary, but it helps when keeping everything straight.

8) All the biped object and race information you could want should already be here. What you need to do is change the Biped Model and First Person meshes for males and females. Click select and find the right *.NIF folder for the mesh you want. First Person meshes generally have only the arms/gloves of the armor, which is what you'll see in first person.

9) Close the ArmorAddon, creating the form when it asks you about it, and return to the armor you were working on. If you used aa at the beginning of the id, it should be right up at the top and easy to find.

10) Right click on the name in the models section (SteelCuirassAA) and select delete. Click the box again and select new to open a list of ArmorAddons. Find the one you named in step 7, highlight it, and click okay. Click okay on the armor description, and save the mod.

To see it in game without jumping through any other hoops, hit the ~ key in game to open the console menu.

* To find the code for your item, enter the command help with the name of your armor in double quotes, like help "Awesome Armor". It will list everything in the game with that in the name, along with their code.

* Once you have your code enter the code like this: player.additem 000F6F22 1. This would give you 1 of the item 000F6F22, which is the steel armor. Codes from mods will be different depending on what mods you have active and in what order, so this is the easiest way to find them.

That's the basic stuff in a nut shell. You still don't have it set up to be craftable, it isn't available in shops, you can't temper it, and if you could, it doesn't know what perk would give you double the smithing bonus. I can help with that as well, if you need it, but this post is getting too long as it is.

Hope that helps you get a running start at modding.
    Finally got some time on the compy. This was incredibly helpful, thanks! I've got it loaded in my own Skyrim. I'll see if I can figure out how to get Steam Workshop uploading figured out next.

Err wait, interesting bug. I think I used the wrong armor body type mesh. Should I be using the thicker mesh or the thinner mesh to take account for the body scaling (or rather, how do I do that at all...)?
    Last edited by Neftren; 2012-06-24 at 09:17 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

Dawnguard has released and
    Spoiler
    Show
    did my sense that Dawnguards are werewolves are true.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Dawnguard has released...
    Speaking of which, has anyone here got it yet? How is it?
    Avatar by whatever Zjoot became.
    Will take suggested phrases in sig. PM with ideas
    Am I missed in my absence?

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A friend of mine did. Says the buffs to werewolves make them a lot more fun to play (as in okay before, a blast now).
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

What is the price for PC? Anyone knows?

Also... Damn it, I am again at loss...
    I am actually leaning towards playing an Argonian instead. Male Argonians look damn Awesome.

So... an Argonian Archer.

Anyone interested in a Let's Play (I know, I have started far too many, but this one I am really looking forward to).

Also, my idea would be "Evil but not a total bastard" which probably means "not joining the Dark Brotherhood".

Other than that I am open to suggestions. Also, for marriage I am thinking the black elf woman from the Drunken Huntsman, or Aela. Either of them is perfect (light armor, good with bows, can stealth).

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

IIRC about 20$.

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Dawnguard has released and
    Spoiler
    Show
    did my sense that Dawnguards are werewolves are true.
    Is this a question? If so, the answer is
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Dawnguard aren't werewolves.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

It's exclusive to the 360 for at least 30 days after 26th June, so no, not really.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    It's exclusive to the 360 for at least 30 days after 26th June, so no, not really.
    Well I will buy it regardless! I will now sit and stare all night every night at Steam until it comes up!

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

The Bros aren't really even that evil. They're actually closer to crazy awesome.

Frankly the thing is that there really isn't anyone that evil. Even the Forsworn are more grey than black. Though they are jerks.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    The Bros aren't really even that evil. They're actually closer to crazy awesome.

Frankly the thing is that there really isn't anyone that evil. Even the Forsworn are more grey than black. Though they are jerks.
    Well I won't kill a bride on her wedding day. And I won't kill the Emperor. Plus, having a psycotic manchild and a psycotic actual child working with you is... very evil.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I won't kill a bride on her wedding day. And I won't kill the Emperor. Plus, having a psycotic manchild and a psycotic actual child working with you is... very evil.
    Babette isn't psychotic though...or didn't seem it to me anyway. The jester though...yeah, he's way off his rocker.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

14. - Top - End - #434

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Babette isn't psychotic though...or didn't seem it to me anyway.
    We're talking a being several hundred years old who has to kill humans in order to live. However normal she *seems*, I think it's safe to assume that Babette is pretty messed up mentally!

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

We're talking a being several hundred years old who has to kill humans in order to live. However normal she *seems*, I think it's safe to assume that Babette is pretty messed up mentally!
    Ironically, Babette's one of the most mature and well-grounded people in the group, right next to the Redguard dispatcher, thankfully, those are the two you get to balance out the jester.

Maybe 200 years ago she was all angsty about never having the chance to grow up, but she's past that now and comfortable with who she is and where she is.

That said, I only know this because my brother did that arc on his game. I always do the same thing: ignore the DB until they send an assassin after me, then track them down via the only available lead (the hit on Grelod), and then systematically wipe them out, one by one. The Brotherhood lives or dies by the contracts it accepts: you don't assassinate the son of the special forces leader, and if you want to assassinate a Nord named Basil, you better make darn sure you do it right the first time, because there won't be a second.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-06-28 at 11:06 AM.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Ironically, Babette's one of the most mature and well-grounded people in the group, right next to the Redguard dispatcher, thankfully, those are the two you get to balance out the jester.

Maybe 200 years ago she was all angsty about never having the chance to grow up, but she's past that now and comfortable with who she is and where she is.

That said, I only know this because my brother did that arc on his game. I always do the same thing: ignore the DB until they send an assassin after me, then track them down via the only available lead (the hit on Grelod), and then systematically wipe them out, one by one. The Brotherhood lives or dies by the contracts it accepts: you don't assassinate the son of the special forces leader, and if you want to assassinate a Nord named Basil, you better make darn sure you do it right the first time, because there won't be a second.
    Well, in the case of Marius the Imperial, there was a second and a third time. He figures that eventually they'll figure out that no contract is worth trying to kill him. If there's a fourth time, he's going to be slightly miffed.

In a world with dragons and vampires trying to take over, a guild of assassins is the least of one's concerns.

Actually, that got me thinking:

Assassin: Boss, I think we should stop trying to kill Marius.
    Boss: Why?
    Assassin: Have you seen the places he goes? Or the things he runs off to fight? We stand a better chance of causing his death by simply waiting for something else to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

17. - Top - End - #437

BlackDragon

It's not like the Dark Brotherhood are all about killing people for money. Well, OK, they *ARE* all about killing people for money, but the whole thing with the Black Sacrament and the Night Mother means it's more of a religious observance than anything else. (Astrid forgot this, which is why she ended up the way she did).

18. - Top - End - #438
    Dwarf in the Playground

So I started Dawnguard today. I'm pretty impressed, actually. I haven't run across any bugs or glitches yet, and the crossbow is pretty sweet, to boot.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Actually she is far creeping than the Joker mad fool.

It's not like the Dark Brotherhood are all about killing people for money. Well, OK, they *ARE* all about killing people for money, but the whole thing with the Black Sacrament and the Night Mother means it's more of a religious observance than anything else. (Astrid forgot this, which is why she ended up the way she did).
    Worshiping evil gods are still evil. Daedra or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    So I started Dawnguard today. I'm pretty impressed, actually. I haven't run across any bugs or glitches yet, and the crossbow is pretty sweet, to boot.
    How does it play (the crossbow). Worthy replacement for a stealth character?
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2012-06-28 at 04:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

The bros are crazy awesome. Admittedly, the quests aren't nearly as much fun as the ones in Oblivion were. But it's okay. The various characters were so likeable and entertaining as to mitigate it.

I liked the Theives guild better.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

The crossbow is much more powerful than my exquisite glass bow, even though it's steel. It loads slightly slower, but not much slower. The only problem thus far is that it seems that there are only steel crossbows and steel bolts. It can't fire arrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    The crossbow is much more powerful than my exquisite glass bow, even though it's steel. It loads slightly slower, but not much slower. The only problem thus far is that it seems that there are only steel crossbows and steel bolts. It can't fire arrows.
    from the bethesda forum posts, there are dwarven crossbows and bolts exclusive to the dawnguard, as well as enchanted bolts to do even more damage and effects

23. - Top - End - #443
    Dwarf in the Playground

Definitely. It's nearly as powerful as my Dragonbone bow, though the bolts lack in damage. However, after a few quests for the Dawnguard tech expert, it gets even better. For instance, the second crossbow you can get ignores 50% of armor.

24. - Top - End - #444

BlackDragon

Worshiping evil gods are still evil. Daedra or otherwise.
    I wasn't aware I'd said otherwise?

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

I wasn't aware I'd said otherwise?
    I am just disagreeing with the statement that the Dark Brotherhood isn't "all that evil".

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Who says Sithis is evil? He's simply nothingness. Oblivion is neither good nor evil.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Who says Sithis is evil? He's simply nothingness. Oblivion is neither good nor evil.
    People who enjoy killing for killing's sake, then.

28. - Top - End - #448

BlackDragon

People who enjoy killing for killing's sake, then.
    Which is not the Dark Brotherhood--they have both the semi-mystical reason and the cold hard cash reasons for their kills. Or, to quote the TF2 sniper from "Meet the Sniper":

"Not a "crazed gunman", Dad, I'm an assassin! ...Well, the difference bein' one is a job and the other's mental sickness!"

29. - Top - End - #449
    Barbarian in the Playground

Which is not the Dark Brotherhood--they have both the semi-mystical reason and the cold hard cash reasons for their kills. Or, to quote the TF2 sniper from "Meet the Sniper":

"Not a "crazed gunman", Dad, I'm an assassin! ...Well, the difference bein' one is a job and the other's mental sickness!"
    Still, I would have liked an option to say screw Sithis, we're only in it for the money. I really enjoyed the DB questline right up to the point where the wretched freak with the coffin showed up. If I could I would burn the corpse and jester,sell the coffin for scrapmetall and go back to doing real work.

I don't have anything aginst Daedra, however I hate anyone trying to screw with my soul/afterlife or head.

Doing a little service for a nice trinket or cash? Of course!
    Pledging my soul to an evil demigodsomething? Never!
    Being turned into a listener or eternal guardian? Never!
    Last edited by Bouregard; 2012-06-29 at 07:35 AM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

Which one is the good and evil (just to be sure if it isn't another Skyrim Civil War morality) in Dawnguard?
    Which one is better?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2