New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Question: what determines the degree to which enchanting an item trains my Enchantment skill? The worth of the resulting item? The size of the soul? The type of the enchantment?
    I've never noticed any difference in increase from creating different items. Disenchanting seems to be based on item value, though.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Well, I just started playing using my Orc shaman character. He's a traveling Orc mage who's trying to visit his relatives in a stronghold, only to swept into the maelstrom that is Skyrim. I'll be focusing mostly on Light armor, Smithing, Conjuration, and just a few points into One-handed and Archery.

Thus far, it's working out quite nicely. I summon a spiritual sword, kill bandits, make zombie bandits, and kill more bandits. It's working out quite nicely.
    That sounds like a very valid build. Fun one, too.

Things I found when playing Silent Wind this weekend (my Argonian Archer; I play 5 levels at a time with each four characters):

1. Things I never noticed but should have: Argonians, when in combat, smiles an evil smile showing their teeth. You don't really notice that until you see your own character in third person.

2. I found my first ancient nord armor, and it was in one of my new favorite "dungeons". An underground Covern full of spellswords (not mages!) south of Helgen*. I found it because somebody had paid the Companions to go kill everyone in it.
    Lydia looks... very interesting wearing it.

3. Followers can be corrupted so the game hangs when you try to force them to level up. I had to let Faendal go.

*Also, since I have decided to never fast travel with these four characters (wagons are ok!)... I broke it on the way back from that place, and did a short jump from Helgen to Riverwood simply because Helgen is really annoying to get around in after it is burned down.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

3. - Top - End - #873
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    *Also, since I have decided to never fast travel with these four characters (wagons are ok!)... I broke it on the way back from that place, and did a short jump from Helgen to Riverwood simply because Helgen is really annoying to get around in after it is burned down.
    Do you encounter many Random Encounters through this?

I still can't decide between Dualwield daggers or swordnboard... or heck even archery...probably abusing the follower trick for archery as it is really hard to level that one up.

On another note... how much "mana" should i aim for as a Lightarmored stalking weaponconjurer?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    Do you encounter many Random Encounters through this?

I still can't decide between Dualwield daggers or swordnboard... or heck even archery...probably abusing the follower trick for archery as it is really hard to level that one up.

On another note... how much "mana" should i aim for as a Lightarmored stalking weaponconjurer?
    Encounters: Yes, about what is realistic in a sparsely populated country with bad roads. I think you get enough to be worth it.

Equipment / play-style: Sword and Board is easier; I just keep trying to block with 2 weapons (you can't) and end up dead.
    Regarding archery: Protip: always carry a bow (even if you play say a pure mage), even if you will not specialize in it; it can come in very handy. For me it is my favorite weapon; if you specialize in it you are Death From Afar (tm).

As for Magica: as much as you need to cast the spells you want to cast. I can't really be more specific than that. Up your Magica until you feel comfortable, then pump the other two for a while. Rinse and Repeat.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    I've never noticed any difference in increase from creating different items. Disenchanting seems to be based on item value, though.
    I think I saw a difference when I used a Petty Soul Gem to enchant a robe with something for training and when I used Azura's Star with a Grand Soul to make a new +Alchemy item. But I might have been wrong.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-23 at 07:08 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Spamalot in the Playground

or heck even archery...probably abusing the follower trick for archery as it is really hard to level that one up.
    My khajiit is a PURE archer. Even in melee combat I don't pull out so much as a dagger or my claws. I just slap the opponent with my bow, take a step back, and then pull back that string as fast as I can. Its a fun challenge for me.

One weakness I find with bows are guard rails. Seriously.
    Seems if I'm leaning over a guard rail to shoot someone on a lower level, my arrow just sticks to the railing instead of flying to its target. I've found that I do better taking the lower ground and just shoot upwards.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    My khajiit is a PURE archer. Even in melee combat I don't pull out so much as a dagger or my claws. I just slap the opponent with my bow, take a step back, and then pull back that string as fast as I can. Its a fun challenge for me.

One weakness I find with bows are guard rails. Seriously.
    Seems if I'm leaning over a guard rail to shoot someone on a lower level, my arrow just sticks to the railing instead of flying to its target. I've found that I do better taking the lower ground and just shoot upwards.
    Yeah well, the problem I have is I started with dualwielding swords. For ambushes i used my bow and now my archery is at 35(+-4) and even at the beginning it was extremely hard to get archery up in a decent pace. And now with 47 archery is still far off. My Ebony Bow doesn't do any damage at all. I can sneak attack mages with that and they regenerate it faster (no, not healing) than I regenerate from their spells.

I'm a bit frusted about that one... but I'm gonna start over anyway.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

8. - Top - End - #878
    Orc in the Playground

I'll keep my vote where it normally is - dualwielding daggers with stealth perks. There's a genuine challenge in keeping to the shadows and using terrain and cover to get close to an enemy. Dodge rolls and Throw Voice make it a lot easier, of course, as does simply firing an arrow into the shadows and getting the enemy to come to you.

There will be times when you've got bugger all cover, and out in the wilderness you'll be vulnerable to bears, saber cats, and (of course) dragons until you're powerful enough to fight back. But it will happen, to the point where you can easily hold your own in a standing fight. And in the buildup to that, sneaking about in the shadows and slitting throats will just never stop being fun. Yes, you can't block in a fight, but if the enemy is dead in one hit you don't need to, now do you?
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah well, the problem I have is I started with dualwielding swords. For ambushes i used my bow and now my archery is at 35(+-4) and even at the beginning it was extremely hard to get archery up in a decent pace. And now with 47 archery is still far off. My Ebony Bow doesn't do any damage at all. I can sneak attack mages with that and they regenerate it faster (no, not healing) than I regenerate from their spells.

I'm a bit frusted about that one... but I'm gonna start over anyway.
    One important part of bows is Arrows. Are you sure you are using the best arrows you can find? Also, the range of the bow is longer than you think. The arrows do go in a slight arch and you can shoot at targets that are so far away that you need to aim just above their heads instead of right at them for the arrow to not land on the ground in front of them.

Also, always stealth while shooting that first shot, if they haven't already seen you; it usually means you get TWO shots in before you need to defend yourself.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, Jaysus and UFO are both Nexus Exclusive. Jaysus doesn't use Steam, and UFO requires SKSE and so it's actively incompatible with Steam.

Frankly, while the idea of Steam Workshop is good, it's the newcomer and doesn't have the experience or flexibility of Nexus, nor the support, either for the number of mods, nor sheer capability. It also lacks flexibility. It can do one thing, but Nexus Mod Manager is just as capable of doing it.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Orc in the Playground

Also if you need archery levels early on, Faendal all the way.

Once you escape Helgen, there's a camp of three bandits not far from where you pop out of the caves - one light armour fighter, one heavy armour fighter, one archer. You should have no trouble taking them down and looting their gear, including the extremely important Treasure Map 1 that one of them carries. There's also a shrine of Talos very close to the camp, with lots of stuff to loot and a dead Thalmor who always has some enchanted gear. Go to the Guardian Stones next and activate the Warrior Stone. When you get to Riverwood, make sure that your first stop is to get to the chest indicated on Treasure Map 1. Then, sell all of this gear you've found.
    You should have a pretty good nest egg at this point. If drops have been kind to you and you've looted cleverly, about 1.5k should be the ballpark figure. What you then do, instantly, is find Faendal and complete his quest to get him as a follower. This is a good time to go check his house for valuables as well, some more stuff to sell - yes, it's a little cruel of you, but you just gave him true love. He owes you for that!
    The whole point of this is that with Faendal as a follower, you can trade items with him and get any gold he's carrying. Including gold that you give him for training Archery, which means that you effectively train for free.

With the Warrior Stone active, five levels of Archery training will go a long way toward the next level. By getting as much training as you can afford, then getting the gold back, then training some more, you can get the loop going nicely. Even if you have to go and train some more skills and then come back to Faendal, you can reach level 50 archery with him for zero effective cost and often before you even leave Riverwood. If you put those skill perks into Archery, you'll be doing some pretty terrifying damage. Hell, even if you don't, those perks can be thrown into anything else, so even if your character never lays hands on a bow, using the Faendal loop is a good tactic.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

So I'm starting a new char now, gonna be my 5th so far i think. I'm planning on going orc with 2h, light armor and conjuration, but here's the kicker; I'm trying out the uncapper mod and fiddling with the dials to simulate a class system similar to morrowind/oblivion so my majors are 2h, block and conjuration and my minors are light armor, smithing and archery.

The idea is to have "major skills" accrue faster than minors which in turn are faster than mics skills. Also I lowered the leveling rate across the board so i can enjoy low levels a bit longer than usual.

With this setup I hope to be able to focus better than i usually do and not end up with these meandering jack-of-alls i usually get. Like my last redguard who started as a sneaky archer, then segued into a backstabber with illusion backup and now is 50/50 spellthief/facemelter.

Final question; Alternate Start - Live another life mod yay/nay?

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mafddawg View Post
    The idea is to have "major skills" accrue faster than minors which in turn are faster than mics skills. Also I lowered the leveling rate across the board so i can enjoy low levels a bit longer than usual.

With this setup I hope to be able to focus better than i usually do and not end up with these meandering jack-of-alls i usually get. Like my last redguard who started as a sneaky archer, then segued into a backstabber with illusion backup and now is 50/50 spellthief/facemelter.
    I really don't have this problem with Skyrim.

In Oblivion the whole "major - minor" fiasco ruined the game unless you had read the cheat pages online first.
    In FO3 I implemented the slow-leveling mod simply because the game stopped being fun after about lvl 15.

In Skyrim neither of these things is a problem to me. Also, I roleplay, which means I WON'T end up as a jack of all trades:
    My Argonian Archer and my Nord 2-handed Fighter both are roleplayed as if they simply don't know nor can learn any magic. They will not go to the college, period. Both are members of the companions and the Argonian will also do the thief guild. My Nord won't (she doesn't steal, period).
    My Breton Summoner is a pure mage and a powermonger; he rushed to the college at the first opportunity but will not do any other guild except becoming an assassin.
    My High Elf Mage / Thief will concentrate on the thieving and has also joined the college as a means to an end; she only uses restauration and illusion spells and then fall back on physical weapons.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, long post, but whatevs. A handful of weeks ago I got my copy of Skyrim, finally, and the very first day that I had time to sit down and play it was fifteen straight hours, getting up like twice. That week was then 100 hours of Skyrim and sooo little sleep.

My first character I made was a Nord nationalist who went to join up in Windhelm directly after reaching a sort of calm point early in the main quest. After about 30 hours of rebellion, I completed that quest line (and many small others) and wanted to start a new character; a sort of port-over of my favorite from Oblivion, a female Bosmer, who I planned to go assassin at first with but ended up, somehow, going pure mage and starting the College quest line without even looking at or into the DB, and, I have to say, I feel really uninspired to keep going with the mage quests. I see all the hooks in it, but I guess I'm just not a fan of the place. I'll muscle through it eventually.

After her (about another 30-35 hours of Skyrim-ing on that character before switching) I started up a port-over of my favorite character from Morrowind; a Dunmer mercenary. Unremarkable, though; random questing before I started the Companions and was a member for a few minutes before getting really bored. He's more fun in his homeland (Well. "Homeland."). I was more interested the whole time in the Dark Brotherhood, and its allure called me (and I was constantly reminded, as all my other characters were attacked by DB assassins in the middle of nowhere at some point in their lives), and so I dropped the Dark Elf after 19 hours to make a duel-sword Argonian murderer. Now, there's a funny story here: I actually didn't know at the time that there was only the one way to get into the Dark Brotherhood, and thought, "clearly if I murder a lot of people they will come find me, that's how this works right, right." After I killed off most population centers in the center-eastern third of Skyrim, I realized that my plan was getting me nowhere, but that it was good practice for when I finally did go the route proper. My skills were high enough and my gear/perks well enough that I could enjoy the fun of the DB without having to worry about "Am I able to sneak in there" or "Can I fight my way out of this if I drop the ball." It did not disappoint me, and really actually surprised me in parts. In Oblivion the Brotherhood was my favorite part, and they're definitely my favorite flavor of atmosphere in Skyrim.

My assassin temporarily retired from play, I picked up the Nord again and went much further in the main quest before stopping, then made an Imperial woman necromage with magickal artifact lust and who has turned into a vampire. When Ralof said, "we should split up," she did, and booked it to Falkreath as he was still talking to a rock. Still haven't found the time to even set foot in Riverwood, and I'm level... 15? I think? I've dungeon crawled huge portions of the map, in any case, in a sort of casual oh-look-a-cave sort of way. Playing with restrictions on her; no fast travel, carriage travel only after getting there normally first, higher difficulty, semi-realism, etc. etc. Still playing as her, but I've taken a break from Skyrim the past few days. Which is like, a relief, because I didn't have time for anything else. I bought two other games with Skyrim, and haven't even touched them yet because I've been having too much fun.

I'd like it noted that the entire time between Skyrim coming out and when I got it to play a few weeks ago, I avoided any and all spoilers, impressions (beyond "omg get it and play, it's really good"), tips, conversations, rumors, everything, and went into Skyrim as blind as a bat*, on a quest to be sighted. And I am a happy bat, now, with sighted eyes.

*Excluding the intro, on a friend's copy, up to the part where you pick whether to follow Ralof or Hadvar, where I stopped at- just couldn't help myself, you know?

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

So I started a new one.

An Altmer, and a lucky one at that. I went with the imperial. First scavenged swords, I took everything with me. Then Daggers and began with sneaking, sparkshooting, daggering people to death. Got 3 Skill ups from sneaking around that bear. And finally made it to Riverwood with the Warriorstone activated. Went directly from Helgen to Riverwood. Thanks to Midas Magic I was able to get the Spell Bound Dagger. And of course my luck with the trader + selling everything I looted. So one Soulgem and Gold Ingot later I charged to retrieve the Gold Claw. I'm now nearly level 8, 7 with 95+% and Conjuration on 30. Don't know how to train Pick Pocketing... but jeah, so far perks for more one armed damage, more damage with conjuration, cheaper novice illusions and now I'm thinking about smithing... but the nearest smelter is probably in whiterun.

Afterwards... I don't know what to do since I don't know if I need Pick Pocket that much to train it or if I'm going to train Alchemy and Enchanting.

According to Smithing, the Lightarmor route is the left one, right? And can I enhance the Darkbrotherhood or Nightinggale armor?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

but the nearest smelter is probably in whiterun.
    Unfortunately, yes.
    According to Smithing, the Lightarmor route is the left one, right? And can I enhance the Darkbrotherhood or Nightinggale armor?
    Yes (on both things), but remember both of these armors do not use any of the smithing perks (though the upgrading requires the one for magical items), so they will lag behind those that do.

17. - Top - End - #887

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    and UFO requires SKSE
    Does it? I'm using UFO without SKSE and it seems to work fine. Unless maybe a version of SKSE is inside the UFO mod?

but the nearest smelter is probably in whiterun.
    I'm wondering how the capitol city of Solitude doesn't have a smelter... One would think that since it's large and the CAPITOL...

Speaking of Solitude, I had my first dragon attack inside a walled city there. Luckily it was 2 in the morning so only the guards were out. I managed to lure the dragon to the Castle Dour courtyard and then kept it stunned there until Lydia and four guards finished it with arrows. No fatalities for the guard.

Interesting note-- apparently stunning a target with your bow counts as a shield bash to the game, thus raising the block skill.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

You're right, I was thinking of one of the mods similar to UFO.

If you want more Smelters, Long Lost Smelters of Skyrim is the mod for you. It's just plain fantastic.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Speaking of mods, what different ones do you recommend?

I've been playing on the PS3 for a while, greatly enjoying my Orc barbarian with his dual axes and my dunmer nightingale, but the time has come to switch over to PC, mainly because I really want to start modding.

I have some great memories from my days with a modded Oblivion, and a quick look at the Nexus shows some promise. What would you say is the most important mods for skyrim in the following categories?

Textures/environment
    AI
    New items
    Quests
    Locations
    NPC:s
    Magic
    Other
    Dumbledore is dead but had a horcrux so might still be alive to it being fake and him dead but not stopping her from using the having a horcrux on you letting you live from a killing curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Epileptic monkeys. Boxing gloves. Typewriters. That is all.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Titan in the Playground

Texure mods:
    The Official HD patch looks better than anything you can download for the static environment, IMHO.
    A Quality World Map - With Roads makes everything easier.
    Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack - For much better animals.
    SMIM - Stating Mesh Improvement Mod
    XCE Character Enchantment - a must.
    Realistic Smoke And Embers.
    W.A.T.E.R.

AI:
    Deadly Combat.
    SkyTEST - Realistic behavior for wild animals.

Other:
    SKY UI combined with Better Sorting - Another must.
    Weapon And armor Fixed combined with Smithing Perk Overhaul.
    Path Of Shadows - Better sneaking behavior.
    Project Reality - Better weather and light.
    Light Up The Night - All NPCs has torches.
    Lanterns Of Skyrim
    UFO - Ultimate follower Overhaul.
    Less Touchy Lockpicking - To make lockpicking easier, on par with the XBOX version.

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Vurts Flora Overhaul is also excellent, improving trees and grass. There's also a new mod designed to combine it and several other texture packs for the best look, according to the author. Might be worth a shot.

Also under 'other' Lockpick Graduations by Lilylu. I can't lock pick without it now.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeusMortuusEst View Post
    Textures/environment
    AI
    New items
    Quests
    Locations
    NPC:s
    Magic
    Other
    I advice looking into Midas Magic, such lovely awesome spells. You see that bandit camp over there? METEORSMASH! Or such lovely things like night eye(?), bound dagger or other awesome spells.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

Texure mods:
    The Official HD patch looks better than anything you can download for the static environment, IMHO.
    A Quality World Map - With Roads makes everything easier.
    Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack - For much better animals.
    SMIM - Stating Mesh Improvement Mod
    XCE Character Enchantment - a must.
    Realistic Smoke And Embers.
    W.A.T.E.R.

AI:
    Deadly Combat.
    SkyTEST - Realistic behavior for wild animals.

Other:
    SKY UI combined with Better Sorting - Another must.
    Weapon And armor Fixed combined with Smithing Perk Overhaul.
    Path Of Shadows - Better sneaking behavior.
    Project Reality - Better weather and light.
    Light Up The Night - All NPCs has torches.
    Lanterns Of Skyrim
    UFO - Ultimate follower Overhaul.
    Less Touchy Lockpicking - To make lockpicking easier, on par with the XBOX version.
    Could I get a source on the highlited mods, please? I can't seem to find them.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

24. - Top - End - #894

I'm a fan of small, practical mods--

For archers, if you don't have the Dawnguard DLC, I'd recommend an arrow crafting mod. My favorite is Craftable Arrows because it keeps things simple. It sticks to crafting the basic vanilla arrows (no exploding fireball arrows), requires the smithing perk for the equivilent arrow type (i.e. Dwarven smithing to make Dwarven arrows), and the material requirements are easy to come by (1 ingot + 2 firewood = 25 arrows).

For armors, I like the Armor Set Fixes by QuickFox. This mod does two things:
    1. Fix the armor sets so that you can benefit from the 'Matching Set' perk bonus with more armors. For example, the Elven gilded cuirass is now considered part of the elven armor set.
    2. Allows the fixed armors to benefit from the appropriate smithing perks you have. For example, the Dwarven shield Spellbreaker can be upgraded with Dwarven ingots, but it didn't benefit from the Dwarven smithing perk. With this mod now it does.

Edit, found two of the links asked for--
    XCE Character Enhancement

Less Touchy Lockpicking
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-07-25 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Added links
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post

Edit, found two of the links asked for--
    XCE Character Enhancement

Less Touchy Lockpicking
    Thanks a lot.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks a lot.
    I spelled one of them wrong and I forgot one. These three should be used together:
    Weapons and armor fixes
    Smithing Perks Overhaul
    Complete Crafting Overhaul

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

I spelled one of them wrong and I forgot one. These three should be used together:
    Weapons and armor fixes
    Smithing Perks Overhaul
    Complete Crafting Overhaul
    Hmm. Not sure if I'll need them, seeing as my warrior character will rely heavily on modded armor and weapons. But it won't hurt to try. Especially since JaySuS swords probably won't stay relevant past a certain point... meaning I'll have to use the butt-ugly glass ones.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Hmm. Not sure if I'll need them, seeing as my warrior character will rely heavily on modded armor and weapons. But it won't hurt to try. Especially since JaySuS swords probably won't stay relevant past a certain point... meaning I'll have to use the butt-ugly glass ones.
    JaySus includes some pretty high-grade weapons. Don't know how they compare exactly, but they have a fair range of effectiveness.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it just me, or is alchemy WAAAAYYY more useful at a lower level than it was in Oblivion? I mean, you don't need to grind Restore Fatigue potions to get access to the good effects, and half the ingredients I need for Restore Health and Restore Magicka (I'm a Breton Mage at low levels, I need both) are literally everywhere I look. I'm really enjoying it.

You know you've played 4 hours of skyrim when you reflexively want to pick the flowers in your neighbors yard and eat them just to see what they do.
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

30. - Top - End - #900
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    JaySus includes some pretty high-grade weapons. Don't know how they compare exactly, but they have a fair range of effectiveness.
    I suppose so. Currently I'm using a Skyforge Steel Greatsword anyway, but I'll try to make myself a new one soon. What baffles me slightly is that I need Corundum Ore to smelt Steel Ingots... for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    Is it just me, or is alchemy WAAAAYYY more useful at a lower level than it was in Oblivion? I mean, you don't need to grind Restore Fatigue potions to get access to the good effects, and half the ingredients I need for Restore Health and Restore Magicka (I'm a Breton Mage at low levels, I need both) are literally everywhere I look. I'm really enjoying it.

You know you've played 4 hours of skyrim when you reflexively want to pick the flowers in your neighbors yard and eat them just to see what they do.
    Yes, Alchemy can produce decent effects at low levels. Crafting or obtaining items that boost it - the Krosis mask is very useful for this - is also helpful. Which is good, since it takes veritable ages to level.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-25 at 04:45 PM.