New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Monkey View Post
    Is there a mod to group the pc save files by character? It's difficult to play more than one without losing track in all the saves. I've searched the steam site but haven't found one with this feature yet.
    Not a mod, but I've seen a few applications that do that. I've never tried them out, though - if I'm playing a character I'm playing that character. If I switch characters, the one I was playing is abandoned.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    So... is the Disintegrate perk actually useful? Turning the enemies to ash when they're at 10% of their health is cool and all, but doesn't seem worth spending a perk on.
    I thought it was 15%, and yes, it basically lowers your enemy's max health. Dragon Priests, Dragons, Same-level-as-you NPC's, all of them now have 85% of the health that they used to.

Also, if you take it, it will disintegrate any enemy. On dragons, this means you miss their death animation, though you still get the soul if you hang around for like 10 seconds.
    Spoiler: Ironcage Keep
    Show
    Initiative:

- Leo
    - Enemies
    - Frith (Light, 92 rounds), Obergrym (rage 5 rounds, 14/17 hp), Melrik - CURRENT
    - Enemies
    - Jade
    - Enemies

3. - Top - End - #933
    Orc in the Playground

It also stops enemy spellcasters from reanimating corpses. Can't raise a body if the body is ash. If you're a Necromancer yourself that can be inconvenient, but it's very handy if you're not. The only downside is that if you're fighting in the snow, it can get hard to find the bodies if they're all piles of ash.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Ettin in the Playground

Amusing bug: I went to Skyborn Altar to get the Mehrunes' shrine, and a blood dragon had spawned there. I hit it with Dragonrend, it landed and then disintegrated as if it had died. I absorbed its soul but its skeleton kept fighting normally, including flying away after Dragonrend wore off. Seeing a skeletal dragon fly was quite something.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, whenever I go to the one that you kill at the western watchtower, the skeleton is always thrashing around. I dunno what to make of it.
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    The problem is that that masks have an additional equipment slot they fill and the archmage's robe didn't fill it originally, resulting in the bug. Maybe they fixed it so that you could just wear circlets with the robe (a reasonable fix) but the masks were never supposed to work with that robe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    The circlet thing depends on which nodes it's using. I know at least one mod had changes that removed hoods from using the circlet node, so you could wear both. Not sure which one.

And the reasoning behind positive and negative effect is A) value increase and B) one of the perks removes positive or negative effects, creating potions without downsides and poisons without upsides. You'd have to check the wiki to figure out how it determines it, I can't recall.
    So that's why he's always had a red hood with the mask... I assumed it was normal, but I guess it was because I either had a mage's hood or the hooded archmage robe.

Quote Originally Posted by Seharvepernfan View Post
    I thought it was 15%, and yes, it basically lowers your enemy's max health. Dragon Priests, Dragons, Same-level-as-you NPC's, all of them now have 85% of the health that they used to.

Also, if you take it, it will disintegrate any enemy. On dragons, this means you miss their death animation, though you still get the soul if you hang around for like 10 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    It also stops enemy spellcasters from reanimating corpses. Can't raise a body if the body is ash. If you're a Necromancer yourself that can be inconvenient, but it's very handy if you're not. The only downside is that if you're fighting in the snow, it can get hard to find the bodies if they're all piles of ash.
    Still not sure if it's worth a perk, though.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

Still not sure if it's worth a perk, though.
    +15%(ish) damage? If the average perk did that... you could hit for 1000 times normal damage by 50. Its absolutely worth it.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #938
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

So did I miss some telling me about the Dragon Bone weapons with the new download. Man... they can really put some nice damage.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

It seems that the Vagabond Armor from the mod has the stats of a Glass Armor set, but can be crafted even on low Smithing levels. Using it for a while now feels a bit like cheating.
    Also, it seems that either JaySus Swords don't get better than Skyforge Steel/Elven or I'll need better perks to craft those that do.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-29 at 03:31 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, it seems that either JaySus Swords don't get better than Skyforge Steel/Elven or I'll need better perks to craft those that do.
    Really? It had a dragonspike sword, or something like that, that was better than my ebony sword (albeit I didn't have the ebony smithing perk).

Spoiler
    Show
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe it requires an earlier perk than Ebony Smithing. I mean, I could craft stuff as good as Elven weapons before getting the Elven Smithing feat. I don't recall seeing the Dragonspike Sword, though. So I guess those weapons do have perk requirements.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ettin in the Playground

I only had steel and arcane at the time.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Recent versions of Jaysus, he's broken the weapons into 4 categories: steel, advanced, dragon, and epic. The first three need specific perks, and they ramp up in power. The last one is only found in specific places and are quite powerful.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

Two mods I installed last night, both very useful:

Cowardly Horses - So you won't have to buy a new horse every time you get in an ambush. The horses now run off to a safe distance.

Horses For Followers - All stables sell a second horse, for the same price, that the follower uses. It is programmed to home in on your horse after being bought.

In other news: I am still bad at 2handed weapons - The fight against Skinner took a long time, and I had to reload three times.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Recent versions of Jaysus, he's broken the weapons into 4 categories: steel, advanced, dragon, and epic. The first three need specific perks, and they ramp up in power. The last one is only found in specific places and are quite powerful.
    I see. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Two mods I installed last night, both very useful:

Cowardly Horses - So you won't have to buy a new horse every time you get in an ambush. The horses now run off to a safe distance.

Horses For Followers - All stables sell a second horse, for the same price, that the follower uses. It is programmed to home in on your horse after being bought.

In other news: I am still bad at 2handed weapons - The fight against Skinner took a long time, and I had to reload three times.
    Wouldn't Cowardly Horses make horses potentially hard to get back, though? I've never really used horses myself.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Titan in the Playground

Agreed, frankly after the first time I had to chase my horse half way to Whiterun from Rorikstead, I switched to convenient horses, and I haven't looked back.

Being able to set my horses to run from the fighting, then call them back at will, as well as select armors, or no armors, and being able to talk, or harvest from horseback makes life far easier.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

Wouldn't Cowardly Horses make horses potentially hard to get back, though? I've never really used horses myself.
    Usually they don't run far, in my experience (from a full 3 hour playtime). Als I have found that in combination with Horses for followers... it gets easier to find them (if they run away in a dense forest).

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

18. - Top - End - #948
    Orc in the Playground

I just don't use horses at all, really. They're slow and awkward enough to ride and mount and dismount that I think I'd save just as much time walking, in most cases. Plus they die from jumping down a five-foot drop which makes them disastrous to cross rough ground with, and honestly, hiring a wagon to a hold and then fast-travelling across the map from there on out is just so much easier.

Shadowmere is a fun tank and all, but aside from that, there's just no practical side to horses in Skyrim that I can see. They're just a decoration that's more trouble than it's worth.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I want to use horse, I really do. I want to fight dragons in a Shadow of the Colossus style, chasing them on horseback and shooting them with a bow, but I find that it doesn't work all that well. Even rendered immortal and oblivious, horses are just too annoying and mounted combat is too limited (can't hit Jack with polo - er, melee, and can't aim down with a bow).
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Titan in the Playground

I wanted to use a horse because running around the whole Skyrim by foot is rather silly. But gave up on that when it turned out I can't pick up ingredients that way without dismounting. The other issues don't help, obviously. I've yet to see a game with actually good mounts, really. The ones in Mount and Blade were decent, but it's a different sort of game than Skyrim.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ettin in the Playground

For those who have played both Morrowind and Dawnguard (Skyrim Expansion that is currently for X Box 360)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jiub, the dark elf prisoner that you came to morrowind with, is back in Soul Cairn.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    For those who have played both Morrowind and Dawnguard (Skyrim Expansion that is currently for X Box 360)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jiub, the dark elf prisoner that you came to morrowind with, is back in Soul Cairn.
    Better than that:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In Oblivion, Jiub was known as Saint Jiub after having wiped out the flying vermin known as cliff racers. I remember those things (in my nightmares) and feel that sainthood simply isn't enough for that service. Anyway, that puts him on par with M'aiq the Liar for three consecutive appearances/mentions in an Elder Scrolls game.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

That's the other upside to Convenient Horses. A fast dismount key that tosses you straight off the rear of the horse, so it's not right in your face to be whacked by accident.

Plus unlike the UFO mod, you can't accidentally steal a followers horse. I've been killed a couple of times by climbing on the wrong horse and having even those followers who shouldn't report crimes, to leave my service and try to kill me when I tried to rehire them.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

On another note, I made a strange discoverly lately. Turns out Ancient Nord Arrows are as good as Steel ones, and the Draugr and Skeletons supply them in dozens.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    I just don't use horses at all, really. They're slow and awkward enough to ride and mount and dismount that I think I'd save just as much time walking, in most cases.
    How? Unless you dismount every two seconds or so? Since I barely use fast travel, a horse is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    That's the other upside to Convenient Horses. A fast dismount key that tosses you straight off the rear of the horse, so it's not right in your face to be whacked by accident.

Plus unlike the UFO mod, you can't accidentally steal a followers horse. I've been killed a couple of times by climbing on the wrong horse and having even those followers who shouldn't report crimes, to leave my service and try to kill me when I tried to rehire them.
    Not sure how you whack your horse by dismounting on the side?

Also... I guess I am paranoid about stealing, but I don't think I have ever stolen ANYTHING I wasn't intending to...
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2012-07-30 at 03:20 PM.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the main mechanical reason for horses is that you can leave a dungeon with 2,600lbs. of loot, then get on your horse and fast travel.

Spoiler
    Show
    I recently cleared Mzulft as part of the mages guild quest. I took everything that was worth ten times its' weight, that could be smelted into dwarven ingots, and ten dwarven cogs (also part of a quest). Whenever I and Lydia hit our weight maximum, we'd run back to the storeroom outside and dump it in a chest. I had my horse parked behind the storeroom. When we got done, I had over 2,600lbs. of crap. I went to darkwater crossing and smelted all the dwarven stuff - 500 ingots. Five. Hundred. That alone brought my weight down to 1,300.

I just had to share that.
    Spoiler: Ironcage Keep
    Show
    Initiative:

- Leo
    - Enemies
    - Frith (Light, 92 rounds), Obergrym (rage 5 rounds, 14/17 hp), Melrik - CURRENT
    - Enemies
    - Jade
    - Enemies

27. - Top - End - #957
    Ogre in the Playground

And this is why I use a mod for the Divine Intervention spell - no horses required ;)

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, something weird happened. Skyrim tells me I'm using a newer version of the game than Skyrim Script Extender allows. But I played Skyrim a few hours ago with no problem.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Firbolg in the Playground

Alright, something weird happened. Skyrim tells me I'm using a newer version of the game than Skyrim Script Extender allows. But I played Skyrim a few hours ago with no problem.
    Same happened to me. Grabbing the beta build plff the SKSE site and replacing the old stuff with it fixes it.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ogre in the Playground

Since they release patch 1.7 today that's not much of a surprise ;)