New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    Since they release patch 1.7 today that's not much of a surprise ;)
    1.7, eh? Interesting. Does anyone know what, if any, goodies were added this time?
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    Since they release patch 1.7 today that's not much of a surprise ;)
    My post bugged out once again... That gets old...
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    I want to use horse, I really do. I want to fight dragons in a Shadow of the Colossus style, chasing them on horseback and shooting them with a bow, but I find that it doesn't work all that well. Even rendered immortal and oblivious, horses are just too annoying and mounted combat is too limited (can't hit Jack with polo - er, melee, and can't aim down with a bow).
    As soon as I stumbled into horseback combat, my mage became a mage-archer, and I spent the rest of that sit down using my hundreds of various arrow types to hunt giants and their mammoths, using my speed and the terrain to bring them down. I've fought two dragons on horseback and didn't actually have as much trouble as not being able to aim upwards would imply. Also, riding after some poor sod bandit and slashing him open with a galloping attack is fun as hell.

Different strokes, I guess, because I can't get enough of horse combat and haven't had any problems at all. My only complaints are that I'm almost too impatient for the mount-dismount animations when I'm busy or fighting, and that I wish we could go first person on them. Also, I guess, mountain climbing is more difficult, but I just either leave them at its base or move about as slowly as I'd be going on foot. Horses less-than-three.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, installing the other version of Script extender worked. In other news, my Nord warrior decked out in modded armor - the light version of the Redguard Knight armor plus a fur hood - looks much better than anything the game offers.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Ogre in the Playground

1.7, eh? Interesting. Does anyone know what, if any, goodies were added this time?
    If you're asking about new features, there aren't any - just some general fixes.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Can anyone suggest a good crack for Skyrim?
    Err... No? Because pirating is illegal, and we can't help anybody pirate on this forum.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eledragon View Post
    Err... No? Because pirating is illegal, and we can't help anybody pirate on this forum.
    I'll delete the post and ask a mod, but I wasn't talking about pirating.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'll delete the post and ask a mod, but I wasn't talking about pirating.
    You shouldn't need one for disc freedom, because it's Steam-based.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

You shouldn't need one for disc freedom, because it's Steam-based.
    It is Steam-based, true, but I lost my Steam password.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

So contact steam support and get it back?

I've had to do it a few times, since I suck with passwords when they're not one of the same three.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #971
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

It is Steam-based, true, but I lost my Steam password.
    And your email address? I'd probably take it up with Steam rather than bother trying to crack it.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

And your email address? I'd probably take it up with Steam rather than bother trying to crack it.
    Eh good point. My Email address with the Email I need is AOL based, and that account has blocked me for trying to get into it too much. (I lost it's password as well).

13. - Top - End - #973
    Orc in the Playground

Man, you're having all kinds of bad luck, aren't you. That's a lot of lost passwords. Maybe set recovery questions or write them down somewhere.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    Man, you're having all kinds of bad luck, aren't you. That's a lot of lost passwords. Maybe set recovery questions or write them down somewhere.
    will do. :/

15. - Top - End - #975
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seharvepernfan View Post
    I think the main mechanical reason for horses is that you can leave a dungeon with 2,600lbs. of loot, then get on your horse and fast travel.[/SPOILER]
    Seems to be the only use I'd get from horses. On the other hoof, tracking down enough merchants to buy 2,600 lbs. of loot can be an adventure itself if you don't have the perk to invest in merchants.

My wife once suggested I find some beggars and reverse pickpocket them some armors and weapons. I may have to try that, see if they equip them and then walk around in full plate begging for a septim.
    Alternatively I could just break into people's homes and drop treasures on front of their fireplaces.

Santa Nord!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

16. - Top - End - #976
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Seems to be the only use I'd get from horses. On the other hoof, tracking down enough merchants to buy 2,600 lbs. of loot can be an adventure itself if you don't have the perk to invest in merchants.

My wife once suggested I find some beggars and reverse pickpocket them some armors and weapons. I may have to try that, see if they equip them and then walk around in full plate begging for a septim.
    Alternatively I could just break into people's homes and drop treasures on front of their fireplaces.

Santa Nord!
    Eh, I just have storage in a house where I dump stuff, ending up with my house probably being the biggest armoury in the world, I have so much weaponry and armour I haven't bothered to sell.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah, I find the 'load up and ride home' argument for horses to be very dubious once you get to a certain level of sustainable wealth. Fact is, money is just about free in Skyrim, so I see no reason to work to obtain it. Need more cash? Just take a job or three with the Thieves' Guild or Dark Brotherhood.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Ogre in the Playground

I think the main mechanical reason for horses is that you can leave a dungeon with 2,600lbs. of loot, then get on your horse and fast travel.

Spoiler
    Show
    I recently cleared Mzulft as part of the mages guild quest. I took everything that was worth ten times its' weight, that could be smelted into dwarven ingots, and ten dwarven cogs (also part of a quest). Whenever I and Lydia hit our weight maximum, we'd run back to the storeroom outside and dump it in a chest. I had my horse parked behind the storeroom. When we got done, I had over 2,600lbs. of crap. I went to darkwater crossing and smelted all the dwarven stuff - 500 ingots. Five. Hundred. That alone brought my weight down to 1,300.

I just had to share that.
    Another reason to own a horse is that they pretty much ignore physics when climbing mountains.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

19. - Top - End - #979
    Titan in the Playground

It actually tosses you further back from the horse than standard dismounting and doesn't leave you vulnerable during the animation. More importantly, the horse doesn't have to come to a complete stop before you land. You can be at full gallop, hit the key and drop where you are.

Plus if you've ever tried to fight a wolf that's attacking while you're mounted, you'll know the pain of hitting the horse because the wolf jumped behind you.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    On the other hoof, tracking down enough merchants to buy 2,600 lbs. of loot can be an adventure itself if you don't have the perk to invest in merchants.
    I don't, and it was. It took all of whiterun, all of windhelm, the windhelm khajit merchants, and my preferred trainer at the college. And it was all gone after ten skill-ups and a new set of robes. :(

I don't fast travel, though, despite what I said about the reason for having a horse. I like having a horse because they are faster than walking (especially when you are overweight, no pun intended), and I'm at a level where I don't stop for every little encounter and alchemy ingredient. Also, I don't wear any armor and I never raised health or stamina, so I like the added protection of my horse getting hit instead of me (don't worry, I heal her!), and that I can run away from bears and sabre cats.
    Spoiler: Ironcage Keep
    Show
    Initiative:

- Leo
    - Enemies
    - Frith (Light, 92 rounds), Obergrym (rage 5 rounds, 14/17 hp), Melrik - CURRENT
    - Enemies
    - Jade
    - Enemies

21. - Top - End - #981

I don't, and it was. It took all of whiterun, all of windhelm, the windhelm khajit merchants, and my preferred trainer at the college. And it was all gone after ten skill-ups and a new set of robes. :(
    Do you have the Transmute spell? Converts iron ore into silver ore and then gold ore. I believe you can find a copy in the Halted Stream Camp, NW of Whiterun. Iron ore is pretty easy to get a hold of so with the spell it can easily suppliment or replace your income. Just be careful, it is easy to get rich with that spell.

I have 113 gold ingots sitting in a box in Breezehome.
    Yeah, money is so free in Skyrim.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

I tend to collect huge amounts of ingredients then forget to use them, no matter how I travel. Coming out of Irkngthand with 50 pounds of Dwarven Oil is a regular occurence for me.

So a question, Fast Travel vs No Fast Travel. How often do you get dragons? It seems that when I fast travel a lot, I end up fighting more dragons than when I just walk around.

A thought just occured, now that I think on it. I've stopped stealing horses. I used to do it all the time in Oblivion, yet, in Skyrim? Not at all. Well, mostly, but only once or twice if the character happened to be on foot and ran across an unattended horse. Whether it's how cheap they've become, or how useful they are now, I don't know. Odd.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2012-08-01 at 04:11 PM.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    I tend to collect huge amounts of ingredients then forget to use them, no matter how I travel. Coming out of Irkngthand with 50 pounds of Dwarven Oil is a regular occurence for me.

So a question, Fast Travel vs No Fast Travel. How often do you get dragons? It seems that when I fast travel a lot, I end up fighting more dragons than when I just walk around.

A thought just occured, now that I think on it. I've stopped stealing horses. I used to do it all the time in Oblivion, yet, in Skyrim? Not at all. Well, mostly, but only once or twice if the character happened to be on foot and ran across an unattended horse. Whether it's how cheap they've become, or how useful they are now, I don't know. Odd.
    I love Dwarven Oil. I have a mod that uses it to create explosive arrows, which are a lot of fun.

Fast vs Mundane - Dragons spawn most often at towns, fast travelling keeps you around towns most often, ergo you'll run into dragons more often. I find that dragons in the wild don't care about you more often than not.

Horses are ridiculous - They can carry a lot, they have the climbing capacity of Mass Effect 1's Mako tank, and they're fairly economical. They all have the same price, same speed, and same stats with two exceptions: Shadowmere (Dark Brotherhood questline) and Frost (Loius Letrush's quest in Riften).

Mounted combat is pretty interesting, but the mechanics are such that you may find it more or less useful than being on foot. Your mileage may vary.

Horses are also not immortal (other than Shadowmere), meaning that they're pretty easy to kill via a fall or picking a fight they aren't up to.

Also, am I the only one who hopes the delay in Dawnguard for PC and PS3 could be because they're working to fix the largest oversight in the entire DLC? Namely, the complete inability to marry Serana.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-08-01 at 07:12 PM.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Firbolg in the Playground

Also, am I the only one who hopes the delay in Dawnguard for PC and PS3 could be because they're working to fix the largest oversight in the entire DLC? Namely, the complete inability to marry Serana.
    I hope not, it would ruin one of the only 3d characters in the game. Also Shadowmere isn't immortal, he just regains health really fast and have a huge amount of health.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-08-01 at 08:57 PM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

25. - Top - End - #985
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    I hope not, it would ruin one of the only 3d characters in the game. Also Shadowmere isn't immortal, he just regains health really fast and have a huge amount of health.
    See, I was looking at it from the opposite direction. Finally, a lass with a personality, where the Dovahkiin and her actually have some real history before it even becomes possible, finally an interesting mate, but she's not an option. Because she's not interested? No, because she that would require going to a temple, which she'll refuse to do, despite potentially standing INSIDE the temple in question while refusing.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Barbarian in the Playground

My hope is that the delay produces a fix for:

Spoiler
    Show

1. The Ancient Falmer Crown not being obtainable. Seriously WTF.
    2. Fixes the issue where if you dismiss Serena or send her off to be cured of her Vampirism, that she may become obtainable as a follower. I'm terrified of dismissing her and not being able to use her anymore.

I'm pretty happy with her not being marriageable (which SO doesn't sound like a word). It's nice to see a female character that ISN'T throwing herself at the Protagonist.

As a sidenote: I'd like to see, like a $5-10 DLC that changes the relationship text to something less like what two 14-year-olds say to one another.
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

How do you marry someone in Skyrim, anyway? I know it's possible, but I've never considered the option throughout my entire time with the game.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    How do you marry someone in Skyrim, anyway? I know it's possible, but I've never considered the option throughout my entire time with the game.
    Do a quest for them, talk to Maramal in Riften, wear an Amulet of Mara, talk to them and the option should be available.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

29. - Top - End - #989

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    I think it's just the timing, since Fast Travel takes a few hours to complete depending on where you go and that speeds up the timer to your next scheduled attack. If you're scheduled for a dragon attack while you're Fast Traveling, it'll hold it over until you arrive at your destination... which usually is a town I'm guessing.
    With that said, I seem to coincidently find certain towns have been more prone to dragon attacks than others. I'm pretty sure it's just my timing of when I Fast Travel, but still pretty weird.

I kept track of these attacks:

Riverwood: 6 dragon attacks
    Markarth: 2
    Solitude: 1
    Rorikstead: 1

This is only counting dragons attacking within town borders and not counting the non-attacking dragon encounter where they just do a flyby and then sail away. So by my count, Riverwood looks like a chicken nugget from the air.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-08-02 at 07:18 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #990
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hooray, comics!
    1-7
    9. Guards
    Spoiler
    Show

10. Mjoll the Lioness
    Spoiler