New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

I seem to be getting quests bugging out left right an center since DL'ing dawn guard. It seems to be mainly quests from the original game but still its frustrating to have quests sitting in the log that cant be cleared.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Microsuck doesn't want mods, because it would cut into their DLC cash.

Are you sure that your game updated properly? Sounds like it's corrupt.
    I had actually neglected to update it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Firbolg in the Playground

Huzzah, it only took me ONE DAY to sufficiently mod Morrowind to the state I want it to be in! That's surprisingly successfull!!!
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground

Microsuck doesn't want mods, because it would cut into their DLC cash.
    There's also the issues of ;
    - Viruses
    - Some mods increasing the system requirements
    - No clear set of quality standards between mods (Or the requirement of hiring quite a few people to testplay everything)
    - The need to combine XBox Live with some other Online service that will provide the database of mods*
    - Corrupt mod data
    - XBox Compatibility for Script Extenders
    - Skyrim Autopatching breaking installed mods

*For example ; Steamworks** is fine, until a (very) busy day comes along and Steam servers take thier nosedive, causing service complaints like crazy. It could also slow the Xbox servers, but I'm not sure how much stress those are designed to take. SkyrimNexus (as far as I know) is a unofficial, insofar as that it's not corperate backed, mod database and would need to change thier service procedures, and would probably be bought. They're also website-, not program-based and would need a team of programmers to figure out how to interlock the two systems. (Although Steamworks would need this anyway, they already have the Application and would just need to convert to XBox-Friendly.)

To build a whole new system in-house (Microsoft), would take time and wouldn't come with an exsisting set of mods/modders, and couldn't collect the mods available in other databases. (Such as the two examples above)

** Although Xbox on Steam (Or equivalent) is a curious proposition ; the nextgen XBox running on a curtailled set of online-available games would be an interesting change. Although, if successful, will probably be a few serious nails in the coffins of brick-and-mortar video game stores. And would have serious detriments in the way of people without a steady internet connection being unable to use the system. Idea needs work.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Huzzah, it only took me ONE DAY to sufficiently mod Morrowind to the state I want it to be in! That's surprisingly successfull!!!
    True story. Skyrim's combat has spoiled my Morrowind experience a tad, though. Being stealthy in Morrowind sucks so much.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Troll in the Playground

Question for the playground's Skyrim players: On my 360, after downloading Dawnguard, it consistantly freezes at the title menu during the "loading add-ons" part. It played fine up until a few days ago, even with the DLC. If I remove the DLC, it plays fine. Any idea on how to fix it? I wanna finish learning to block out the sun...

Go Tigers!

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone know of any mods with good-looking light armor that has stats on the level of Scaled Armor? All the ones I have installed seem to be either on Elven level or Glass level and above...
    Speaking of mods, the lack of any that add playable goblins continues to dishearten me.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-15 at 05:55 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ettin in the Playground

Well playing dawngaurd I was rather struck by the fixedness of the dialogue.

Namely I missed a chance to be a smartass to lord Harkon.

"You may have been infected with a disease perhaps, but you are not a vampire.

Join me and you will walk as a lion amongst sheep, and you will never fear death again!"

"You know... the one who infected me said something very similar to that."

*Flashback to the horrible death inflicted upon vampire who infected archmage character, in this case Unrelenting Force'd into a pit full of corpses before using the Ritual stone power.*

As an aside Ritual stone mobs are both simultaniously awesome and disturbing. The endless chanting of "Kill, Kill, You must die!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

9. - Top - End - #1059

Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    True story. Skyrim's combat has spoiled my Morrowind experience a tad, though. Being stealthy in Morrowind sucks so much.
    Aye. My sister was put off by the game when she learned the sneak button wasn't a toggle. Nowadays that's fixed, but still. As for combat, it's still very rough, but the slow-time, rage, combo, and active-block from Combat Enhanced, Morrowind Enhanced and Blocking Enhanced are great!

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Does anyone know of any mods with good-looking light armor that has stats on the level of Scaled Armor? All the ones I have installed seem to be either on Elven level or Glass level and above...
    Speaking of mods, the lack of any that add playable goblins continues to dishearten me.
    For the armour, y'might wanna check out Immersive Armours.
    I've seen one or two playable-goblin mods, but none that looked well-done in any way.

Edit: still missing a few handy mods. Need to get the keychain mod, but I think I'm gonna put that off until I've put the giant Dwemer key in my home, otherwise the big Dwemer key just puts you over your carry limit every time you look at a door or container, and it brings it out of the keychain.
    Also need to get the mod that lets me buy and sell from merchants when I'm carrying drugs. Why should they care, I'm not selling them drugs!
    Other than that, I THINK I'm good for Morrowind mods.

As for Skyrim, I'm still trying to figure out exactly how many HD textures I can put on before things start to slow down. Putting all of the HD2K Lite Textures slowed things down too much, even with HiAlgoBoost. If only SkyBoost worked with the latest patches, that mod actually DID increase performance DRAMATICALLY. Aw well.

My Morrowind modlist is:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Morrowind Graphics and Sound Overhaul 2.0. (Apparently 3.0 is coming out soon, and it's gonna be even BETTER. Version 2 is already SO MUCH AMAZINGNESS better than version 1. I'm flabbergasted every 5 seconds by how pretty the game looks)
    Area Effect Arrows
    Morrowind Enhanced
    Blocking Enhanced
    Combat Enhanced
    Book Rotate
    Dark Brotherhood Delay
    Expanded Birthsigns for Purists
    Fort Firemoth
    Galsiah's Character Development
    HD Intro Cinematic
    Less Generic NPCs
    Main Quest Enhancers
    MasterIndex
    Propylons mod (Makes the whole MasterIndex quest SO MUCH COOLER)
    Menace of the Deep
    Necessities of Morrowind
    Ravenloft
    Rise of House Telvanni
    The Neverhalls
    The Forgotten Halls
    Tamriel Rebuilt 3 - Sacred East

I used to have an awesome enhanced intro sequence mod, but the whole "immersion" aspect of it was kinda broken when you had to float through a wall to talk to a guy because he couldn't see you.

My Skyrim modlist (I haven't gotten Dawnguard yet. Will get it in a few days, maybe a week)
    Spoiler
    Show

Skryim HD 2K Textures Lite (still figuring out which of these I can have, and which I can't)
    A Quality World Map
    Cloaks of Skyrim
    Immersive Armours
    SkyUI
    Automatic Variants, and a whole pile of creature-retextures to go with it
    Xenius Character Enhancement
    Project Reality - Climates of Tamriel Lite
    Enhanced Soundtrack 1 & 2
    Disable Fast Travel
    Morrowind's Moons
    True Skyrim
    I wish I could put Wild Horses on the list, but it breaks the opening sequence with the carriages.
    Immersive Armors
    Real Wildlife Skyrim
    Real Animals: Domesticated
    Wearable Lanterns
    Gender & Race Heights
    Unofficial Skyrim Patch
    Moonpath to Elsweyr
    Bandolier - Bags and Pouches
    Here There Be Monsters
    DCR - Heavy Weapons Set
    Shields of Skyrim
    Lanterns of Skryim - Villages, Bridges, Around Cities
    Open Face Helmets Compilation
    Extended Vanilla Weapons
    Roosters at Dawn
    Way of the Monk - Unarmed Overhaul Part 1
    Unique Region Names
    Quest: Sea of Ghosts
    Quest: The Bigger They Are
    Quest: And the Realms of Daedra
    Quest: No Mercy
    Duel: Combat Realism 5
    Better Hunting Prices
    The Dance of Death - Killmoves Mod
    Tamriel Compendium
    Distant Detail
    Whistle
    Weapon Variant Expansion
    Increased Bounty Rewards
    Enhanced High-Level Gameplay
    W.A.T.E.R.
    Enhanced Distant Terrain
    Spells Give Off Light
    Lush Grass
    Lush Trees
    Better Dynamic Snow
    Bromjunaar Extended
    Static Mesh Improvement Mod
    Vicious Weapon Pack
    Dynamic Weapons
    Dragon Bone Weapons Complete
    Isilmeriel's LOTR Weapons
    Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds and the Dungeons
    Drink, Eat, Sleep
    Horses for Followers
    More People in Major Cities
    Better Follower Improvements
    People of the Past
    Birds and Flocks
    Detailed Cities
    Detailed Outskirts
    Leveling Merchants Wallets
    Follower Trap Safety
    Realistic Colors and Real Nights - Pure Preset
    Paarthurnax Fix
    Giant Giants and Mammoths
    Open Cities Skyrim
    Realistic Ragdolls and Force
    Complete Skyforge
    Enhanced Blood Textures
    House Map Markers
    Midas Magic

... HOLY that was a lot of mods. I'm still working on finding the right combination for Skyrim, but I think I'm pretty settled for Morrowind.

Getting the right mods for Oblivion is being a right pain though. FCOM is REALLY TRICKY to install.

Edit: @ below: Yup!
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2012-08-15 at 08:30 PM.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Tried the Graphics and Sound Overhaul?

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Immersive armors is great. My favorite for a light armor character would have to be masters of death though. Craftable, looks amazing and doesn't get too overpowered, the way something like Black Sacrament did.

Plus it's available from Advanced Armors.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

For the armour, y'might wanna check out Immersive Armours.
    I've seen one or two playable-goblin mods, but none that looked well-done in any way.
    I've already got that one. I do like it - it's a little unbalanced, but the armor looks extremely good. Sadly, it doesn't have any pieces on Scaled level. Oh well. I guess I'll keep using the Redguard Knight set - about as good as Elven - until I get Glass Smithing.
    As for goblin mods, the reason I feel a little disappointed is that there's a not of rather crazy racial mods out there, some completely lore-unfriendly. Compared to genies, half-dragons or dryads, goblins would fit in seamlessly.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-16 at 05:36 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kinslayer View Post
    - Some mods increasing the system requirements
    Often I see little mods like "Adds NPC follower" which of itself is a simple mod, but then you look at the requirements and it needs big mods like Apachiiskyhair or something. Its a nice mod, but not useful for people like me who have lower-end video cards.
    I'm working on upgrading, but still...

I can only imagine un-upgradable consoles would be even more limited and choke on some of these high texture packs.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

So I found these characters called the Northwatch. So much glass.
    Last edited by Lamech; 2012-08-19 at 02:07 AM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

So I bought Dawnguard and looking to play couple of new characters. But before I start I wanted to ask for some mod advice. Specifically mods that add weapons and armor.
    I'm sure this is discussed before but I couldn't find it in all 36 pages so sorry if this is a already answered question.
    I already downloaded Immersive Armors and JaySuS Swords. Anything else you can recommend that adds armor & weapons to game?
    Ofcourse I'm also open to "dude you can't play without this mod" kinda mods :)
    Thousands of years ago, Egyptians worshipped what would become our ordinary housecat. The cats have never forgotten this.

16. - Top - End - #1066

Well, I haven't tried'em out yet, but Cloaks of Skyrim (dunno how it'll work in Dawnguard), Wearable Lanterns, Bandoliers - Bags and Pouches, DCR-Heavy Weapons Set, Shields of Skyrim, Open Face Helmets Compilation, Extended Vanilla Weapons, Weapon Variant Expansion, Vicious Weapon Pack, Dragon Bone Weapons Complete (again, not sure how it'd work with Dawnguard), Isilmeriel's LotR Weapons, and Dynamic Weapons are the weapons-and-armour adding mods I have on my list.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, what the hell. While returning from the Glenmoril Coven, I get attacked by a hideously powerful werewolf named Petrovsk who massacres me efortlessly. Even if I try to go around the place it inhabits, it seems to purposefully track me down. What's up with that?
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-20 at 07:49 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

I really can't stop mysefl from recommending Masters of Death for a Light armor user. It's not something you'll see on enemies though.

I also really like the Divine Aegis. There's a new retex I'm intending on trying for my next heavy armor user. It's just so awesome. And well done.

19. - Top - End - #1069

Open Face Helmets Compilation
    I endorse this one, because it should be a crime to see all the pretty face texture packs out there get covered by a helmet.

The last three random dragon attacks that hit me were quite surprising-- the dragons have taken to just dive bombing me out in the open without their usual warning roar. I'm sure it's just the way the "dice roll" when the script runs, but it made me jump in my seat every time.

The first attack was by far the scariest! I was passing by Fort Amol at 1 in the morning and stopped by the patroling Stormcloaks to let my Stamina bar stop flashing. The real time was a bit after 11pm and I was starting to yawn. That's when a dragon just *LANDED* on top of the Stormcloaks, grabbing one and tossing him over the fort wall like a rag doll. The epic battle music boomed at that point from the silent sleepy sound earlier. I was fumbling for my bow to kill it. Two more soldiers died by the time I finished the dragon (deadly dragons are deadly!)
    Well, I was awake after that, LOL!

The second attack was in the courtyard of the Winterhold mage College. No witnesses either, which was an amusing detail. The skeleton disappeared before anyone came out of their room.

The third attack was by far the funniest. I had fast-traveled to the Windhelm stables to catch up with the Khajiit caravan when Lydia suddenly ran off into the stables. I followed to see what she was up to. She jumped up onto a horse, walked out out of the stable, and then jumped off, drawing her bow. I was confused for about half a second--
    That's when the dragon planted itself on the stable roof and toasted the horse. Lydia saved me! LOL! I wish I had gotten that one recorded because it was too funny to just be random scripting.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-08-20 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Spelling?
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #1070

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Alright, what the hell. While returning from the Glenmoril Coven, I get attacked by a hideously powerful werewolf named Petrovsk who massacres me efortlessly. What's up with that?
    You have SkyTest installed, right? Petrovsk is an easter egg from that mod.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

I do have this mod. That'd explain it. A super-powerful werewolf with a pack of pet wolves is a hell of an easter egg, though...

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

In some games, easter eggs are cute. In some games, easter eggs are self-referential, or self-deprecating. In some games, easter eggs are humorous shout outs to other works.

In Skyrim, easter eggs eat your face.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

In some games, easter eggs are cute. In some games, easter eggs are self-referential, or self-deprecating. In some games, easter eggs are humorous shout outs to other works.

There's got to be an "In Soviet RussiaSkyrim..." joke in there somewhere...
    delete Teemo.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

"In Soviet Skyrim, Easter eggs color YOU red! Or black & blue, as case may be..."
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2012-08-21 at 08:49 PM.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

25. - Top - End - #1075

Half the fun is working out which things are Easter eggs and which are bugs. I just finished exploring and clearing out some of the caves near the west end of Whiterun hold, when a Sabre Cat appeared out of thin air in front of me and mauled something like a quarter of my health away while I was swearing and drawing a weapon. Pretty sure it's a bug, but I'm also quite fond of teleporting and/or invisible predatory cats. Keeps life interesting.

In unrelated news, what sort of things trigger Dark Brotherhood assassins and Thalmor squads to come after you with personalized kill orders? Because this game is the first that either has happened to me, and I'm reasonably sure I haven't committed any crimes or aggravated plot relevant people yet. Hell, the Thalmor death squad that leapt out from behind the bush were the first Thalmor I'd seen in this play through.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of bugs, for some reason I can't quite fathom, a dead Horker appeared in front of the door to the College of Winterhold in my Breton Mage playthrough. Eventually I got fed up with it and got rid of the corpse by animating it and leading it away, then waiting for it to crumble to dust.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure about Thalmor, I think it's a certain number of completed quests, but I don't know which ones.

The Dark Brotherhood are when you kill someone. I think the Thugs are for stealing. Might have that backwards though.

Usuallly Sabrecats pop up from behind for me. Not sure why.

28. - Top - End - #1078

The Dark Brotherhood are when you kill someone. I think the Thugs are for stealing. Might have that backwards though.
    I believe you are correct. When I witnessed a pack of bandits kill Anise by her cabin, I killed the bandits and then helped myself to Anise's cubboards because... well hey, she's dead. Couple days later her sister sent thugs after me. >_>
    Happened again later on when I stole a magic staff for someone as part of a radiant quest to become Thane. No good deed goes unpunished.

I've been attacked by the Dark brotherhood about 3 times so far. Not sure who I ticked off for that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Half the fun is working out which things are Easter eggs and which are bugs.
    I just finished Alftland, and I noticed that the majority of the spider workers in there were attacking walls. I would be sneaking around and hear a commotion. I go check, and there would be a spider worker just pounding at a wall for no reason I could figure out.
    I guess they finally snapped.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I just finished Alftland, and I noticed that the majority of the spider workers in there were attacking walls. I would be sneaking around and hear a commotion. I go check, and there would be a spider worker just pounding at a wall for no reason I could figure out.
    I guess they finally snapped.
    I figured they were just going about repairs. If you think about, dwemer ruins are always in much better shape than their age would suggest. The constructs are the reason.
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2012-08-22 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Don't type in a rush, you'll only make a fool of yourself
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh. Once I got this NV mod that adds in the Joker's Suit to Doc Mitchell's Kitchen. So, I head over there to get it and a character named after the mod creator attacks me in a full suit of power armor with a fully repaired ripper. I was only level three at the time, with leather armor and a crowbar (I was channeling my inner Freeman) and had to use console commands to kill him.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine