New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    I figured they were just going about repairs. If you think about, dwemer ruins are always in much better than there age would suggest. The constructs are the reason.
    Probably why the ruins haven't all been cleared long ago too. The constructs replenish themselves and the ruins.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

And occasionally it's just an accident. If you play New Vegas Bounties II, and you don't have the latest version, as you turn north just past Wolfhorn Ranch, you'll be ambushed by the Coyote King and his pack of Dire Wolves. Intended for a level 20+ character. Not precisely fun.

Of course it's not always unintended. Hunter's Rest in Skyrim wants you to hunt down a werewolf for the Key.

Which turns out to be horrifying because he's got a wolf pack with him and he's tough enough I saw him slaughter a blood dragon. After it had wiped out his entire pack. Not fun if you run across it right out of Riverwood and think you'll start with a nice, easy sounding quest.

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

I'll get back to Skyrim after the 25th, when I have bought and installed Dawnguard.

Btw, I can't wait for the next Fallout, using this engine...
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Spamalot in the Playground

I figured they were just going about repairs. If you think about, dwemer ruins are always in much better shape than their age would suggest. The constructs are the reason.
    This is likely true and I agree. I just find it odd that thus far (in my game anyway) only the Alftland spider workers are the ones to actively use their attack animations and sounds to convey this. I went back to other ruins and the spiders there just... meander about peacefully.

As an aside, the Dwemer must have had bad hearing with the noise levels in their world.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Btw, I can't wait for the next Fallout, using this engine...
    I've thought the same thing myself. Has there been any word on it other than that it's happening?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    I've thought the same thing myself. Has there been any word on it other than that it's happening?
    I think there were sightings of Bethesda employees scoping out Boston.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    I think there were sightings of Bethesda employees scoping out Boston.
    As a Massachusetts resident, I don't think that would be a good idea. The city of Boston itself is pretty small, and the metro area is extremely urban. It would pretty much be like if the entire game was set in Freeside.

Edit: As evidence, just look at Google Earth over Boston. Even the sections that look like trees have houses and churches in them.
    Last edited by Pie Guy; 2012-08-23 at 08:36 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ettin in the Playground

Fallout 4: Skyr-Vegas

Clearly we need the Dovahkiin to be a stable dweller.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Guy View Post
    As a Massachusetts resident, I don't think that would be a good idea. The city of Boston itself is pretty small, and the metro area is extremely urban. It would pretty much be like if the entire game was set in Freeside.

Edit: As evidence, just look at Google Earth over Boston. Even the sections that look like trees have houses and churches in them.
    DC and New Vegas weren't the whole of their games, either. Frankly, a small, densely packed major city would suit them better than a large one, as they'd have to condense it less to make it usable.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Titan in the Playground

The Pitt is a good example of a fairly small space, that makes a good area.

Massachusset's makes sense, because we heard about the Institute, and Commonwealth, which are supposed to be located in Massachussets.

However, I'd prefer to hope we go further south, perhaps to the Florida we were promised for Fallout Tactics 2. Or maybe Fallout: New Orleans. Nothing quite like Super Mutants with Cajun accents.

---

Back on Skyrim, there are rumors that the name of the next DLC might be Hearthfire. I wonder if it's A) true, and B)Better than it Sounds.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    The Pitt is a good example of a fairly small space, that makes a good area.

Massachusset's makes sense, because we heard about the Institute, and Commonwealth, which are supposed to be located in Massachussets.

However, I'd prefer to hope we go further south, perhaps to the Florida we were promised for Fallout Tactics 2. Or maybe Fallout: New Orleans. Nothing quite like Super Mutants with Cajun accents.

---

Back on Skyrim, there are rumors that the name of the next DLC might be Hearthfire. I wonder if it's A) true, and B)Better than it Sounds.
    I figured the commonwealth would be an Old World Blues-style DLC, but nothing ever came of it. I'd still like to see the place, though if it's as a main setting I think I can see the twist from here: you are an android. Maybe even like Harkness, who wiped his own memory of his synthetic origins.

Neo Orleans (that was originally a typo, but I liked it) would be an interesting location. Deathclaws would be an endangered species, simply because local cuisine can make delicacies our of the meat. Cajun super mutants, swamp ghouls... Could be fun.

As for Hearthfire... well, Dawnguard isn't that inspiring of a name, either. Isn't Hearthfire a month for the setting?
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone know of good mods related to Alchemy? I'm not very satisfied with it as it is. It can give you some useful potions, but it levels too slowly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

DC and New Vegas weren't the whole of their games, either. Frankly, a small, densely packed major city would suit them better than a large one, as they'd have to condense it less to make it usable.
    I was going to say the same thing. I lived in the DC suburbs when FO3 came out and got a kick out of determining where my apartment was.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Proud member of the "I Love Anyway" Club

Thank you, Ceika, so much for the avatar!

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Spamalot in the Playground

However, I'd prefer to hope we go further south, perhaps to the Florida we were promised for Fallout Tactics 2.
    Ha, I can imagine an atomic powered EPCOT would look... well, really not that different from now. Maybe a little more "explody" when fighting in it.
    A fight on top of the monorail would be awesome though.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Does anyone know of good mods related to Alchemy? I'm not very satisfied with it as it is. It can give you some useful potions, but it levels too slowly.
    I've just never been able to make it work in general, to be honest. Too much random guessing, and never enough of the ingredients I actually want. Which is a bit of a pain, as I'm playing my current Redgard character through wih no magic save enchanting, and that means if I want healing I have to use potions. And for some odd reason, the shops have all suddenly stopped selling healing potions...

(Well, they sell a few, but nowhere near enough for a practical supply to take dungeoneering...)
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

16. - Top - End - #1096

I've just never been able to make it work in general, to be honest. Too much random guessing, and never enough of the ingredients I actually want. Which is a bit of a pain, as I'm playing my current Redgard character through wih no magic save enchanting, and that means if I want healing I have to use potions. And for some odd reason, the shops have all suddenly stopped selling healing potions...

(Well, they sell a few, but nowhere near enough for a practical supply to take dungeoneering...)
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm playing my main character- Dunmer Archer- currently at level 52. I'm trying to max him out just to say that I've done it.

With that in mind I created a new suit of dragonscale armor and enchanted it with all the lower Destruction cost, increase Magica, and Magica regen that I could pack in. Without any perks I can cast most of destruction spells I have for free- I only have the first 2 spell levels available currently.

I went through one of the random ancient nord ruins to find another word of power and leveled Destruction by 12 levels or so. Took a lot longer than normal, since I usually 1shot everything with my bow, but this was fun.

I hate how long it takes me to level, though.

Now I just need to find some higher level spells.
    WAMP (Wargame and Miniature Painters)- Helping Miniature Painters Improve

Awesome Avatar by Qwernt.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Dawnguard helps immensely in training alchemy. Anything with invisibility is good money, and chaurus eggs and vampire dust are readily available in large quantities now. Add in garlic to get regeneration and an even more potent combo. It's not as broken as giant toe, but it's quite effective none-the-less.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

19. - Top - End - #1099

I've been buffing alchemy through the time honored method of walking into an Alchemist's shop, buying all the available ingredients, and just combining them pretty much at random. You boost your skill much more for discovering properties than simply making potions, but it's still a time intensive and laborious process.

Also working on raising my enchantment enough to stick decent amounts of magic resistance onto a full suit of armour or something. Because I've started seeing Bandit Marauders spawning, and the very first one I ran into dumped half a dozen destruction spells into my face at point blank range. Bloody thing.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    I've been buffing alchemy through the time honored method of walking into an Alchemist's shop, buying all the available ingredients, and just combining them pretty much at random. You boost your skill much more for discovering properties than simply making potions, but it's still a time intensive and laborious process.

Also working on raising my enchantment enough to stick decent amounts of magic resistance onto a full suit of armour or something. Because I've started seeing Bandit Marauders spawning, and the very first one I ran into dumped half a dozen destruction spells into my face at point blank range. Bloody thing.
    Heh, that's all right. Once I hit level 50, my near-indestructible Sword and Board guy that can survive multiple direct hits from a giant on Master encountered an Ancient Dragon. At that moment, I realized that I had no Magic Resistance.

That nice pool of Health that I'd built for myself? Disappeared in less than a second of exposure to the flames.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post

Making potions isn't really a problem. The thing is that if you just make potions for your own use, you'll never lever Alchemy. The other two crafting skills also have this problem, but Alchemy is worse.

Dawnguard helps immensely in training alchemy. Anything with invisibility is good money, and chaurus eggs and vampire dust are readily available in large quantities now. Add in garlic to get regeneration and an even more potent combo. It's not as broken as giant toe, but it's quite effective none-the-less.
    I guess I'll have to try it, then. I had no idea Chaurus eggs also gave Invisibility.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-25 at 06:06 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Titan in the Playground

When sword and board, Spellbreaker you need for dragons. I haven't met a dragon that can get through it yet. (Aside from the cheating SOB that is the deadlier dragons Storm Dragon.)

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

Alchemy is actually quite useful for fighting dragons. A potion of Resist Fire or Resist Cold goes a long way towards not being fried or deep freezed.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-08-25 at 08:31 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

When sword and board, Spellbreaker you need for dragons. I haven't met a dragon that can get through it yet. (Aside from the cheating SOB that is the deadlier dragons Storm Dragon.)
    Actually, I was using Spellbreaker, but this was an Ancient Dragon on Master difficulty. That ward lasted less than a second. I've actually been getting lots of reports about Spellbreaker's invincibility, but it hasn't really shown that in my own usage. I wonder if it's a perk thing.

Alchemy is actually quite useful for fighting dragons. A potion of Resist Fire or Resist Cold goes a long way towards nod being fried or deep freezed.
    I figured that out later, and can now survive those fights by crafting potions of 102% resist fire/cold. I have no goddamn clue how that differs from a 100% potion, but that's what the numbers say.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Titan in the Playground

Okay... It is mine! :) (Dawnguard)
    Just spent 20 minutes updating mods...
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    I figured that out later, and can now survive those fights by crafting potions of 102% resist fire/cold. I have no goddamn clue how that differs from a 100% potion, but that's what the numbers say.
    Well, it does matter if you have a weakness to some element (ie. from being a vampire). Otherwise there is no difference between a 85%, 90%, 100% or a 1000% potion.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    Well, it does matter if you have a weakness to some element (ie. from being a vampire). Otherwise there is no difference between a 85%, 90%, 100% or a 1000% potion.
    So it does counter the weakness then. I was wondering about that. GLORY TO ALCHEMY!
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

I have a nagging feeling that the Balanced Magic might have made the enemy mages too powerful. Now, this mod makes playing a mage a lot less frustrating, but since NPC mages already cheat like crazy... now they not only have nigh-unlimited Magicka but their spells do more damage.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Orc in the Playground

So out of curiosity. Who here actually uses Vampire Lord form all that much, really? Aside from levelling it up against weaker opponents to gain new abilities, how often do you go into a fight and transform because the Vampire Lord form would be more useful than your existing one?

I do it sometimes with Werewolf form; being faster and doing higher DPS, being able to howl, and healing from those you kill all work fairly well. It sucks for stealth, of course, but for example, when you're swarmed by a Falmer horde or a band of bandits, it's very effective. But Vampire Lord form really doesn't seem to do it for me.
    Am I alone in this? Does turning into a Vampire Lord really help your game much aside from cool visuals and thematically appropriate roleplaying?
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

30. - Top - End - #1110

I don't have Dawnguard, but I know I only ever really used Beast Form as a werewolf when I fancied a change of pace. It's a decent power, but I always found that I preferred my mundane fighting abilities and tactical options over being a giant wolf-thing.

The option to not fight in melee being a prime example...

That said, keeping it as an option purely for the immunity to disease was worthwhile. Bloody wolves, infected with every damn contagion on Nirn...