New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

Werewolf? I also lack Dawnguard, but I always use it as an escape mechanism for my thief characters. Get caught while sneaking and find yourself being swarmed? Wolf out and blitz them back, or use the enhanced sprinting to get out of there.

Being disease immune is also far more useful than bursting into flame because the sun is out.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    but since NPC mages already cheat like crazy...
    I know! I was sneaking out of Jephet's Folly and one of the enemy mages managed to completely ignore my sneak skill and electrocute my kidneys for 95% of my HP.
    He just kept holding down that attack button...

I haven't cared to be infected with vampirism yet, but I tried out the werewolf form during the Companions questline. Sadly all I ever found use for it was to turn myself into a temporary pack mule since carrying capacity increases when in beast form.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

Japhet's Folly? Why were you sneaking out? I always eliminate the outside enemies, then sneak in the back.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I haven't cared to be infected with vampirism yet, but I tried out the werewolf form during the Companions questline. Sadly all I ever found use for it was to turn myself into a temporary pack mule since carrying capacity increases when in beast form.
    I like using Werewolf when I'm cornered as a Stealth character to fight or flee, or to run large distances when I don't want to fast travel, but that's about it. Too easy to get mobbed as a werewolf.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I like using Werewolf when I'm cornered as a Stealth character to fight or flee, or to run large distances when I don't want to fast travel, but that's about it. Too easy to get mobbed as a werewolf.
    I know people have said it before, but the key to survive as a werewolf is to power attack CONSTANTLY. You regenerate stamina at an amazing rate, and your power attacks are knockbacks.

Also, I find as a stealth character... if you get cornered before you change, you will die while changing, because it takes too long. It is better to backpedal and shoot arrows at point blank range.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

6. - Top - End - #1116

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Also, I find as a stealth character... if you get cornered before you change, you will die while changing, because it takes too long. It is better to backpedal and shoot arrows at point blank range.
    True story. I just like to hulk out and pummel them, even if it isn't the most effective thing in the world. The only time I've died mid-transformation, though, is during the random transformations forced on you from Hircine's Cursed Ring.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

That's because Beast Form isn't affected much by the Shout timer, so I can FUS RO DAH, then change while they're busy getting back up.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    I've just never been able to make it work in general, to be honest. Too much random guessing, and never enough of the ingredients I actually want. Which is a bit of a pain, as I'm playing my current Redgard character through wih no magic save enchanting, and that means if I want healing I have to use potions. And for some odd reason, the shops have all suddenly stopped selling healing potions...

(Well, they sell a few, but nowhere near enough for a practical supply to take dungeoneering...)
    Giant's toe + wheat.

Giants have toes, and giants respawn, wheat well there is a lot of wheat.

I also hate to die on the middle of a transformation.
    Last edited by God Imperror; 2012-08-28 at 06:32 AM.
    Working on: Anointed Heritor PEACHes are welcome.
    Playing with: Firia & Cadaver
    Awesome avatar by Strawberries

9. - Top - End - #1119

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Japhet's Folly? Why were you sneaking out? I always eliminate the outside enemies, then sneak in the back.
    It didn't occur to me to do a perimeter walk first and check for outside enemies on the other side of the fort. I just saw the cave entrance and thought "Well, they should all be inside this warm and cozy hideout."
    So when I exited via the front door, I realized my mistake and had to sneak-attack the remaining bandits in the yard.

That's where the mage caught me.

Which must have been a fluke since my sneaking skill is so high I was able to open the Boss Chest by sneaking around the boss without him noticing me.

I've been noticing something (a minor bug?) that's recently cropped up in my game. In the recent Falmer infested dungeons I've cleared, I noticed that when I sneak attack a Falmer with my bow, occasionally they'll bounce up into the air and spin before hitting the ground. Sometimes their weapon will also fly out of their hand in a random direction.
    When the body finally comes to rest after the bounce, it will by lying down, but not in "Ragdoll" mode. Instead it resembles the last walking position they were in. I suppose it's a minor physics bug, perhaps my bow is dealing too much damage that the knockback is now unrealistic, but it's SO funny to watch that I really don't care much to investigate it further and correct it.

I have my next Falmer cave in mind so I'm going there to see if I can get a screen capture of the effect.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

*sigh* I hoped that one of the patches would fix Esbern, but he's still as buggy as ever. Which sucks, because I thought that with this character, I could kil Parthunaax and get the Blades' support. But if it means dealing with a character that refuses to speak on a regular basis... it was annoying enough to push and prod him through the main quests which involve him.
    At least with this character I'll probably secure the Stormcloak's victory before catching a dragon in Whiterun, meaning that there won't be any peace summit for Esbern to make impossible without console commands.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #1121

UESP mentioned a way to fix esbern by extracting the files yourself so that it doesn't pop up. At work so can't access it right now but it was in Esbern's UESP page.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

So, what do you think about Hearthfire? I'm not really that interested in it - mostly because mods already contain most of the features.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    So, what do you think about Hearthfire? I'm not really that interested in it - mostly because mods already contain most of the features.
    First I've heard of it. I like it.

Yeah, the PC players can already make their own homes via mods, but us poor 360 players don't really have that option.

Anything that increases the game length and enjoyment I get from Skytim is fine in my book.
    "How're we doing?"
    "The dwarf's on fire."
    "So as bad as usual, huh?"

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

It's not just Esbern. It's a documented issue with the 1.7 patch. I know Scenic Carriages was bugged for a bit until the author figured out how to fix it.

Hearthfire looks interesting. I'm not sure how excited I am because my character spends so much time on the road that having a house is one of those luxuries that I rarely remember to use, even if it's the one I built.

Speaking of which: Whiterun Thane's Castle

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I almost killed all of solitude as a werewolf once. Roar once, everyone runs, "I'M HAVING FLESH TONIGHT!!"

Oh, is there a way to end the transformation early?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Orc in the Playground

I think Hearthfire looks great fun! I'm looking forward to it, if and when (Okay, when) it appears for PC. Though lord knows how long that'll be.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

17. - Top - End - #1127

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    I'd have to wait and see if it comes out on PC and then if it's buggy or not (hahaha... oh). If its stable I may get it just so I can have several likable mods in one package (less is more right?). I only recently discovered the mod to adopt a child. That's pretty awesome!

Also, I just upgraded my video card last night. I can now run the game on the highest graphics settings. Before I was on the lowest settings. Oh my is that a difference! @_@! My wife was laughing when I was leaning toward my monitor whispering "Fog! I can see fog!!"
    She then congratulated me on finally reaching the graphics level of 2008. LOL
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #1128

I'm playing on the 360, so Hearthfire is looking pretty cool to me. Being able to truly customize a house will be a lot of fun for my main character, since he's currently sitting on well over 180k gold- it'll give him something to do with all that money.

If only Serana and I could get married and raise a brood of vampire children- there's some DLC for you!
    WAMP (Wargame and Miniature Painters)- Helping Miniature Painters Improve

Awesome Avatar by Qwernt.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. I have Smithing on 81. I wonder how to level it to 100 most quickly. I've already sunk most of my cash into training, so it'll take a while to re-earn it. I've been relying on modded gloves for grinding so far - each pair is worth 100 gold but requires only 1 leather and 2 strips - but now I'm thinking about trying something else.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #1130

Get the quest that gives you the smithing exp perk. Do Dwarven smithing with loot found from dorfs, or buy up a bunch of iron ore for 6gold each, smelt them, turn them into daggers and sell/enchant sell. You should actually make a profit on them if you don't buy leather straps/iron ingots/fulled soul gems. Those are probably the two easiest.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

Smithing daggers is unlikely to me more effective than making those gloves. I'll try dwarven smithing, perhaps.
    In other news, I captured Solitude today. On the whole, most of that questline was boring - just storming forts and killing identical Imperial soldiers. I also died a lot from their arrows. It was amusing to use Fus Ro Dah to knock six soldiers off a tower, though.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

It's not, particularly with the 1.5 patch changes to smithing.

I use Extended Vanilla Weapons mod and use the dual iron daggers. Same smithing requirements, but twice as expensive as the daggers.

The other option is jewelry. Transmute Iron to Gold and make lots of necklaces.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2012-08-29 at 10:53 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1133

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    The other option is jewelry. Transmute Iron to Gold and make lots of necklaces.
    This is what I did. I got the Transmutation spell from the Halted Stream Camp and then collected gems from Drauger dungeons. Lots of Smithing points plus a boatload of cash.
    ...of course now I'm lugging around 320k in Septims so perhaps you should do this slowly. >_>
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

I tried training smithing by making jewelry, but I could never seem to have enough gems for my purposes. I had lots of gems, but not the ones that are required for jewelry.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

Gems? Who needs gems? I just made dozens of basic necklaces, sold them, mined ore, bought ore, and kept it up. If you start in White Run, head to Riften then make a full circuit counter-clockwise, by the time you reach Whiterun, you're not only carrying a ton of Ore, but all the vendors have restocked. The only problem is how long it takes to transmute all the ore. I eventually altered it to keep casting, and set something heavy on the rebound key. Next morning I have more than a hundred Gold Ore.

26. - Top - End - #1136

I'm most likely skipping Hearthfire, unless it Extremely cheap, and comes with a personally signed note from Bethesda that reads: "Dear PS3 players, we are really sorry for abusing your patience, please accept *Awesome gift here* as apology"

Seriously, I was not happy, prior to the 1.07 (1.06 on PS3, as its only the 6th patch for PS3) when I found certain key features of the game was working. You know, like absorbing those critically needed Dragon souls from dead dragons. How did this game receive so much praise and rewards, when the encounter and feature it bragged so much about, for half a year after it's release, only worked when it decided it want to ?!

Add on the Follower leveling bugs, (Dear Aela, your a top member of the Companions, please try to keep up with my level 40 Sword and Board Werewolf Nord Warrior), several quests deciding they don't want to trigger being completed (I'm getting sick and tired of having to waste an additional point of weight, for this Amulet of Talos belonging to the sister of that executed guy, because the game decided not to hand it over to her! I just want the leveled gold so I can buy another house dang it!

While 1.06 (1.07) did fix some of these (like the dragon soul issue it seems), I'm now left with other issues.

Fighting from Horse back, hope you don't have a companion who likes mixing it up in melee, because you're going to get chewed out by them because they decide getting right in the way of you on top of a horse, trying to hack at that wolf attacking you. Oh, and the fact that it's been about 2 months now since Dawnguard's release, and it's still not available for PS3 it seems.

Dear Bethesda, I'm not asking for too much... just that I get to use the best weapons that should've already been in the game at launch, to complete my Dragon set. Just the ability to turn my high level werewolf into something more than a big giant furry pin cushion for swords, axes, and fangs. Just the ability to think you actually care about customers enjoying a game, and not like certain other companies trying to cash out on big name titles.

Anyways. Since I last played, I now own two homes for my Nord Warrior (Breeze Home in Whiterun, and Proudspire Manor in Solitude, both fully decorated). I've added a number of Daedric artifacts to my collection (Dawnbreaker is easily one of the best, given the absurd amount of undead you face. Also did Sheogoraths quests, which is great for it's humor. And completed the quests for Azura's Star... yes I said Azura's star. I like to play my character as being somewhat heroic and having an issue about trapping humanoid souls). I've become the best Blacksmith in the world (Now if only certain NPC's would acknowledge that. Move over Master Greymane. You might be good at Steel, but I'm making Dragonscale armor for my self and followers, and packing Daedric weaponry.) And even had a bit of a heartwarming/awesome moment, when Jarl Elisif, as well as her court Mage and Steward actually thanked me and said that they don't care what side of the Civil War I might be with, they consider me a stalwart friend. (For the record for my first play through, I haven't officially joined yet, but I'm leaning Stormcloaks, since it seems the Imperials just gave up on even caring what it's people were saying... oh and the whole attempted execution without a fair trial kinda bugs me.)
    Final Fantasy XIV Dragoon custom avatar made by Iruka. Thanks Iruka.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Firbolg in the Playground

Heh. Daedric artifacts are fun to collect, as are houses with their weapon racks. I'm fairly sure there's got to be something blasphemous about the fact that Breezeholm currently has Wuuthrad hanging up next to the mace of Molog Bal, but it's just too hilarious...
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Titan in the Playground

I always stick Wuuthrad on the plaque above the door, so any unlucky elf to enter will be killed when it falls and splits them in half.

Can't happen, but it's a humorous thought.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone know of a way to change the perk needed to work with an item? See, I downloaded a good-looking chainmail armor mod, but while the modder did a good job at making it look good, it's not connected to any perk, meaning I'm treated as not having an approprate perk when upgrading it.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to change the perk needed to work with an item? See, I downloaded a good-looking chainmail armor mod, but while the modder did a good job at making it look good, it's not connected to any perk, meaning I'm treated as not having an approprate perk when upgrading it.
    That's relatively easy. Open up the mod in tools, select the armor in question and in the "keywords" section, enter the the keyword tied to the material it should count as. I don't remember them off hand, but they should be something like "ArmorMaterialSteel" and "ArmorMaterialGlass". Same goes for weapons, only they use "WeapMaterialSteel" and the like.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.