New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Is the Radion 4400 graphics card good enough to handle Skyrim?
    Depends entirely on how high you want the graphics to work.

I mean, for reference, I'm currently running it with integrated graphics (despite 'can you run it' saying it was not sufficient to meet minimum requirements), at minimum settings and getting good enough performance (all settings are on minimum, which has a few annoyances, but it does run smoothly).
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

I can play reasonably well on an integrated Radeon HD 6350.

3. - Top - End - #1173

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    A Song of Ice and Fire, or Game of Thrones if you'd prefer. It's Littlefinger's character-defining line to Ned Stark after he arrives in King's Landing in the first book. It might be in the TV series as well, I don't remember.
    Yup, this. I have a fondness for the charismatic, manipulative bastard types.

And yeah, I often like imagining the legend of the Dovahkin as it would be told in later generations. And 90% of it would likely be dismissed as patently impossible by scholars

Personally, the Dovahkin's tomb should be designed along the levels of the Tomb of Horrors. Because when a man collects so much loot over his life, and has so many other dungeons to draw from in terms of comparison and experience, there had better be some fine protection on that place.

First, one must approach the necropolis, passing through lands infamously frequented by werewolves and Dremora, where the wind carries whispers of madness and corruption. Some say these fiends haunt the moors in hatred of the Dovahkin, doing all they can to prevent another from ever rising to such heights as might challenge even them. Others whisper that perhaps they come to worship in their own right, that the Dovahkin might have been the greatest of monsters in his own right. That he made pacts with the daedra, for how else can one man wield such incredible power?

Then comes the outer limits of the great, dead city, the hall of craftsmen. Here one may find forges and enchanting tables, alchemy labs and groves of plants that may be found nowhere else in quite such profusion. In great leather-bound books, a prospective craftsman can find hints of techniques that shall make him the greatest of his age, recipes for the most potent of salves and instructions on how to bind the strength of the dragons themselves into your weapons. The Grey-mane clan makes a pilgrimage here every year, as do prospective students of the College, and it is traditional for each to leave a sample of their finest work in tribute.

Then come the catacombs of night, where the fiercest torch seems to flicker and dim, and all is shrouded in endless shadows. Monsters lurk in the endless gloom, perhaps Falmer or Draugr, perhaps worse. They do not attack, provided one is brave enough to face the darkness and press onwards, though none who flinch and turn in fear ever survive to exit the place again. The thieves guild merely laughs at such tales, crediting the legends of monsters in the dark to nothing more than some truly ingenious traps, and yet... and yet, none have ever attempted to rob the place, despite the wealth of ages that must be contained within.

Next, one passes through the Arcanum of the Arch-Mage, for none can deny that the Dovahkin was a potent sorcerer. Over time, successive mages of note have also been buried here, and the air thrums with the power of the wards that they have left. To step off the path is to be annihilated instantly by a surge of elemental power... unless one comes as student, with naught more than the desire for knowledge in their heart. Then, one might learn great secrets, but who exactly provides them is not something one publically reveals. The Mages have always been a tight-lipped bunch.

Finally, one reaches the inner sanctum. There is but one entrance, and to reach it you must pass through the Hall of Stories. The skeletal heads of scores of great dragons line the path, and beneath each is inscribed their name, all slain by the master of the tomb. Between the tributes, the walls bear the story of the Dragonborn, who fought with the World-Eater at the gates of Sovngarde itself to save all of Nirn from its terrible hunger. One cannot pass through the doors at the end without knowing the password in the Dragon tongue, and only the great wyrms themselves know that. To obtain it from them is a quest in its own right.

The catacombs within hold the resting places of the Housecarls, each a legend in their own right. They were buried with their war-gear, weapons of great might and armor to turn aside the fiercest of blows, and their guardianship is eternal. None may pass through without earning their approval, and any who try are reputed to be met by the full might of Sovngarde for their crimes. This part of pure conjecture, for none have ever returned who would try such a thing.

And beyond, there lies the Dragonborn himself. He sits enthroned amid the piled wealth of an era, and on the curved wall at his back are inscribed the great Words of Power, which none save he might ever truly understand. The Masks of the Dragon-Priests are mounted all around, their unified stares fixed on the entrance, and even centuries later one can feel their malevolence. Legend tells that should the world ever be truly threatened once more, then the Dragonborn will know, and rise from his throne. He will take up arms and armor once more, and accompanied by the legions of the Honoured Dead he shall stride once more into battle, the ground itself trembling underfoot.

But such a thing would be impossible, of course.

(And... Now I want to run a game based on this. The Tomb of the Dovahkin.)
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

4. - Top - End - #1174

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Depends entirely on how high you want the graphics to work.

I mean, for reference, I'm currently running it with integrated graphics (despite 'can you run it' saying it was not sufficient to meet minimum requirements), at minimum settings and getting good enough performance (all settings are on minimum, which has a few annoyances, but it does run smoothly).
    The game will play. It just won't play nearly well enough, I've discovered. How do you safely remove the computer graphics card from one PC to another? I have one that I can use.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

You sir, are a terrible person.

Now I actually want to see The Tomb of the Dovahkiin as, like, a mod or something.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    The game will play. It just won't play nearly well enough, I've discovered. How do you safely remove the computer graphics card from one PC to another? I have one that I can use.
    Turn off power
    disconnect the power cable
    open up your case
    remove the connectors on the old graphics card
    remove graphics card from motherboard (there should be tabs to press in order to "release" it)
    insert new graphics card (tabs should make a popping sound. Card should slide into place, do not force it, forcing it usually means you're doing something wrong)
    Reconnect cables
    Close case
    reconnect power cable
    turn on computer
    install drivers if applicable.
    If RPG's have taught me anything, it's that all social and economic problems of the world can be solved through murder.

7. - Top - End - #1177

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeavelli View Post
    Turn off power
    disconnect the power cable
    open up your case
    remove the connectors on the old graphics card
    remove graphics card from motherboard (there should be tabs to press in order to "release" it)
    insert new graphics card (tabs should make a popping sound. Card should slide into place, do not force it, forcing it usually means you're doing something wrong)
    Reconnect cables
    Close case
    reconnect power cable
    turn on computer
    install drivers if applicable.
    Thanks a whole lot.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Barbarian in the Playground

AAAAAHHHHH! I installed Hearthfire and Lydia no longer sarcastically replies to my need to trade things!

I'm scared!

Edit: Wait, nevermind. It's now just not the only damn thing she says. Carry on, nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Blackdrop; 2012-09-06 at 02:35 AM.
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1179

My god, she has other lines now? This is incredible...
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Troll in the Playground

Does anyone know what the mod is that lets you make gear from different materials?

Like an orcish style greatsword from steel?

I swear it was a thing.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    And of course, now Calcelmo ran to her as well and he's still not back after 12 hours.
    Uh oh. Well, if you're playing on a PC, I suppose one option is to use console codes to bring him to you (or you to him). Then again, Solitude is pretty far away so maybe Calcelmo just needs a little more time to get there (Hopefully he hasn't been eaten along the way).

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Ah, the fearsome hammerspace dragons. Truly, they are a scourge.
    It seems to be the favored way to attack me now. Though I've noticed that the two which attacked me on Winterhold College grounds occured when everyone was inside. I swear those mages do it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_Shadowblade View Post
    AAAAAHHHHH! I installed Hearthfire and Lydia no longer sarcastically replies to my need to trade things!
    LOL, wait, wouldn't that be a good thing? Its nice that they added a little variety to her response now.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

12. - Top - End - #1182

Downloaded Hearthfire and started building Lakeview Manor last night. Actually the manor itself is completely built, just completely unfurnished. I went with the enchanting tower, armory, and trophy room options.

It took me forever to find a mill that would sell me some wood. Went to Whiterun first but no one ever showed up with options for me to purchase, so I went to a different mill nearby and the only living thing for miles were chickens. FInally found someone on my third trip to a different mill and they will be getting all my business in the future since they were actually there to take my money.

How do you make someone steward of your house? Also, can I make Lydia my steward?
    WAMP (Wargame and Miniature Painters)- Helping Miniature Painters Improve

Awesome Avatar by Qwernt.

13. - Top - End - #1183

Quote Originally Posted by CreganTur View Post
    Downloaded Hearthfire and started building Lakeview Manor last night. Actually the manor itself is completely built, just completely unfurnished. I went with the enchanting tower, armory, and trophy room options.
    Be careful when furnishing the rooms if you're doing it manually. It'll sometimes glitch out (in a Bethesda game?! Impossible to believe, I know) and re-add things to the crafting menu. DON'T pick them again because they will consume the materials again.

It took me forever to find a mill that would sell me some wood. Went to Whiterun first but no one ever showed up with options for me to purchase, so I went to a different mill nearby and the only living thing for miles were chickens. FInally found someone on my third trip to a different mill and they will be getting all my business in the future since they were actually there to take my money.
    If you're using Lakeview, there's the Half-Moon Mill across the lake. Assuming you aren't a member of the Dark Brotherhood, Hert should be there to sell lumber. Though you have the moral quandary of buying wood from a vampire who feasts on travelers. Or you could hire a steward, which let's you buy stone, clay and lumber from him. Which brings us to our next point...

How do you make someone steward of your house? Also, can I make Lydia my steward?
    ANY follower can be made a steward of one of the three new properties. Have whoever you want as a follower, go to the property, and select the dialogue option. They might even prompt the dialogue option themselves.

As an aside, they sheer amount of materials to build and furnish one the houses is insane. I'm to, like, 180 Iron ingots, 300 logs of sawn wood, 30 steel ingots, and a lot of damn stone. On the other hand since I've decided to make everything by hand instead of just having my steward purchase the furnishings, I've raised smithing by 21 levels.
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

I finally got 100 Smithing and took the Dragon Smithing perk. For the first time in a while I'm not using modded gear - none of the mods I have (JaySus Swords and Immersive Armors, mostly) seem to add gear of the same stats as Dragonbone and Dragonscale. Still, Dragonbone weapons and Dragonscale Armor don't look all that bad, so it's alright.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #1185

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Does anyone know what the mod is that lets you make gear from different materials?

Like an orcish style greatsword from steel?

I swear it was a thing.

Not sure if it's what you're looking for but this mod lets you craft just about anything: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/799
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Troll in the Playground

Nah, man, that mod just makes current items all pretty much craftable.

I specifically mean that you could make, like, a "Nordic Long Sword" out of Ebony.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Nah, man, that mod just makes current items all pretty much craftable.

I specifically mean that you could make, like, a "Nordic Long Sword" out of Ebony.
    Never seen or heard of a mod like that. I mean, maybe a specific weapon recast for a specific material, but not a generalized "any model/any material" style of mod.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

It's not a terribly hard procedure if you want to make it yourself. It's just time consuming.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Dwarf in the Playground

Last edited by Rion; 2012-09-07 at 02:50 PM.
    If my posts contain any grammar mistakes please inform me about it.
    This is not sarcasm, if you're wondering

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rion View Post
    Thank you! I'd almost given up hope! This is -exactly- what I wanted, thank you so much!

EDIT: I'm completely unfamiliar with (and don't really plan on familiarizing myself with) the CreationKit, but is it possible to edit vanilla enchantments?
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2012-09-07 at 04:19 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Titan in the Playground

It is, but it can require some finesse to make it function properly. When I did casting circles, I borrowed the magic regeneration enchantment, and it took three or four times to get it working just right.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ettin in the Playground

Getting a lot of invincible plot dragons lately. Both Alduin and Odahviing have been unhurtable in my current playthrough.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Troll in the Playground

Would anyone be willing to smack Linwe's armor enchants with "can actually be used" flags or something? I've looked on nexus and nothing has been done to that effect, near as I can tell. It's kind of disappointing.

24. - Top - End - #1194

Playing my level 58 main character right now- wearing a suit of dragonscale armor enchanted to boost my magic as much as possible since I'm trying to level destruction and all the other magic skills.

I took Serana with me to Dead Man's Respite where there are a few mages guarding the entrance to the dungeon. I had just bumped the difficulty up to Master b/c the combat was getting boring. Taking out the low level mages was easy, but right after I killed the last mage I heard a really strange sound coming from behind me. I whirled around, a dual cast fireball waiting for whatever it was, and came face to face...

with an undead chicken.

Out of all the possible targets for Serana's zombie spell- 3 different mages- she chose to bring back a chicken I think she was trying to troll me.

Inside I came face to face with the Caller and died about 5 times during that fight. The fact that she's scripted to talk to you when you load into the room meant I lost all my tactical advantage. I kept trying to beat her with magic- since that's what I was leveling- but I could not kill her and the multiple storm atronachs she would call in.

Finally I popped Shadowcloak of Nocturnal, stealthed, and went invisible as I drew my dragonbone longsword. The Caller freaks out and starts running around the room trying to find me. I snuck up behind her, expecting to just get a sneak attack off, but ended up getting the nasty throat-cutting kill animation!

After all those attempts it just took a skilled and crafty assassin to drop her. Take that you necromantic b!(*@!!!! The moral of the story: never mess with the Listener.

I finished building and have almost finished furnishing Lakeview Manor. My biggest challenge right now is bringing in everything from my other houses. It wasn't as customizable as I thought it would be, but it's still FAR better than any of the standard houses. Well worth the few bucks.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Orc in the Playground

I tend to make the houses in Skyrim "themed". My Riften house becomes the Thief's house, my Whiterun house becomes the Companion's house, and so on. But now I find myself stockpiling crap so that I can use it to make more awesome themed houses for when Hearthfire comes out on PC. I'm officially a hoarder.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

Hrm. I think I encountered a bug. My Nord warrior character finally reached 100 in Smithing and took Dragon Smithing. However, I can't upgrade the Dragonbone weapons to Legendary. I can only upgrade them to Flawless as though I didn't have the right perk. Is anyone familiar with this issue?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    I tend to make the houses in Skyrim "themed". My Riften house becomes the Thief's house, my Whiterun house becomes the Companion's house, and so on.
    I seem to only ever use my Whiterun and Markarth homes due to their convinience. Whiterun has the smithy right next door and three vendors to buy/sell weapons and armor with in one cluster, while Markarth's player home has the nicest looking setup for storing my treasures.
    Also, they both are in cities that have a smelter. I'm not sure why Solitude, Skyrim's capitol, doesn't have a smelter.

I will eventually make my own mod to fix that and to spiffy up Proudspire's lack of basement storage. The mods I see out there tend to overdo Proudspire, such as getting rid of poor Jordis' room for a smithy or adding a second basement level with a dozen armor stands and 22.5 weapon mounts...

Amusing Skyrim moment of the day: I was working towards Thane of Falkreath and was given the task of killing a bandit leader in a local mine. I reached him while sneaking and when Lydia and I both attacked, we both got our finishing moves at the same time.
    The camera angles were jumping all over the place and when it was all done, the bandit's body fell through the floor, leaving just his 2-hander at our feet. I was like "Did we just chop him into a fine mist?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Hrm. I think I encountered a bug. My Nord warrior character finally reached 100 in Smithing and took Dragon Smithing. However, I can't upgrade the Dragonbone weapons to Legendary. I can only upgrade them to Flawless as though I didn't have the right perk. Is anyone familiar with this issue?
    I'm suffering an identical issue. I believe that Bethesda made a fail and forgot to flag the dragon bone weapons as, well, Dragon Bone.

EDIT: on the subject of Smelters, I found a nice mod that adds smelters in every major city. It's quite helpful.
    Last edited by NineThePuma; 2012-09-10 at 09:52 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1199

That's a strange glitch. On the 360 I can improve Dragonbone weapons up to Legendary with no problems.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

I'm suffering an identical issue. I believe that Bethesda made a fail and forgot to flag the dragon bone weapons as, well, Dragon Bone.
    It does appear to be the most likely reason. I'll look for mods that fix this. Alternately, I could use the Construction Set to do this, like I did with a set of modded armor.
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-09-10 at 01:15 PM.