New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    "Oh, you whacked the guy? Well, all I know is this stab mark matches your weapon, but I didn't see you kill him, so that'll be 40g and then you're on your way. Thank you, and have a nice murder spree."
    I remember meeting up with Deep-In-His-Cups outside the Whiterun city walls. He demanded the 10,000 gp bet for the hat he took and I told him where he could stick his hat. So we got into a fight and Lydia just flies in from hammer space and cuts him down in one swing before I could act.
    Lydia made me jump in my seat there.

Then I got these two messages:
    "You have incurred a 32 gp bounty in Whiterun."
    "Your bounty has been removed from Whiterun."

And yeah, guards were there. Apparently they didn't care much for Deep-In-His-Cups either, especially since 32gp isn't much for a murder bounty.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-09-21 at 06:30 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm personally amused by the fact that you can basically murder the Thalmor in Markarth, directly in front of the Jarl, and get at most an assault bounty. Not tried it personally - my characters tend to want at least self defense claims - but it's rather entertaining none the less.

And I am eternally amused by the muggers who try to demand all your valuables on the road. Even if you're clad head to foot in Daedric Plate and there's the disintegrating corpse of a Dragon behind you. Got to admire their courage, at least...
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

Suicidal bandits are a genre staple, really. I wish more games included enemies who run, surrender or simply decide attacking the character isn't worth it.

Also, if I'm going to play Morrowind again, I'll need a long list of mods. Any recommendations?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Suicidal bandits are a genre staple, really. I wish more games included enemies who run, surrender or simply decide attacking the character isn't worth it.

Also, if I'm going to play Morrowind again, I'll need a long list of mods. Any recommendations?
    If you can find the Morrowind 2011 mod pack that's the greatest mod collection ever.
    Last edited by pffh; 2012-09-21 at 02:57 PM.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Rise of House Telvanni, Uvirith's Legacy, Building up Uvirith's Legacy for starters.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    If you can find the Morrowind 2011 mod pack that's the greatest mod collection ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    Rise of House Telvanni, Uvirith's Legacy, Building up Uvirith's Legacy for starters.
    Both good recommendations, thanks. I'm mostly looking for mods that change and improve the game - which Morrowind 2011 does, I think - but new content is also welcome. I'd also like a mod that changes the magic system to something resembling Daggerfall or Skyrim. There are such mods - I saw one waaay back - but I need to find them. Maybe Morrowind 2011 has one somewhere...
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    The Guards do seem to look for the easy way out. Earlier, I shouted someone off a high point in Markarth and they died in a splattery way, and a guard came up to me. Apparently hitting someone with a shout means I need to pay 40 gold as punishment, but since it was the ground who killed them, no fuss there.
    When I explained I was a Thane, he let me go. I sort of suspect it was more that he just wanted any possible excuse to get away from me before I got angry.
    That is the impression. They always seem kind of nervous talking to you after a certain point in the game. Its kind of like single handedly killing dragons makes you dangerous or something.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

The ones that are specifically listed as thieves can be shrugged off if you're a thief yourself. Just tell them you are and they'll leave you alone. Pretty cool.

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

Guards have such funny things to say.

"Now, I know who you are. And...I know what you do. But please, we've got good people here. Mostly."

Said as I'm exiting a house during the Forsworn Conspiracy.

You know, the one that ends up full of corpses because an old man tries to kill you?

10. - Top - End - #1300

My favorite lines have to be the Dark Brotherhood related ones.

"They say that the Dark Brotherhood is back. That they killed the Emperor. That you.... uh, nothing, sir. Carry on."

Which explains how you can get away with walking down the street in the very distinctive black and red armour.

(Not that my first character ever actually wore the armour. He conducted his assassinations in full plate, with a battle-axe. Because sneaking is for people afraid of guards.)
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty annoyed that guard uniforms don't let you disguise yourself. I got spotted during one of the assassination missions, and (this was before Open Cities) killed one of the guards, because I had to go through the front gate, and I hoped wearing the armor would let me go through un-noticed. It didn't work.

I mean, it's not been something that occured in other TES games, and that's fine, but even so, the guard armor in Skyrim is fully concealing. It's not an open face helmet for town guards. I should be unrecognizable when leaving town.

12. - Top - End - #1302

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    I'm pretty annoyed that guard uniforms don't let you disguise yourself. I got spotted during one of the assassination missions, and (this was before Open Cities) killed one of the guards, because I had to go through the front gate, and I hoped wearing the armor would let me go through un-noticed. It didn't work.

I mean, it's not been something that occured in other TES games, and that's fine, but even so, the guard armor in Skyrim is fully concealing. It's not an open face helmet for town guards. I should be unrecognizable when leaving town.
    Heh, that reminds me of the one case I remember with guard armour making them react in TES games - Ordinator armour in Morrowind, where if you wear it and talk to one of them in Vivec, they immediately realise you shouldn't have it and so try to kill you.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    Heh, that reminds me of the one case I remember with guard armour making them react in TES games - Ordinator armour in Morrowind, where if you wear it and talk to one of them in Vivec, they immediately realise you shouldn't have it and so try to kill you.
    To be fair, my Nord really shouldn't be able to get away with that.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Quote Originally Posted by Luzahn View Post
    To be fair, my Nord really shouldn't be able to get away with that.
    Just like my Argonian can't wear Whiterun city guard armour and look like the rest of them?

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Troll in the Playground

So my brother got a pirated skyrim from one of his friends.

The toll for not buying?

The nasty mods the friend put in.
    Nothing that changes the gameplay, only visual.

Pervert mod makers.......
    Despite everything, its still me.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Troll in the Playground

Do you know which mods are in?

Cause, uh, you can actually uninstall most mods.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    Do you know which mods are in?

Cause, uh, you can actually uninstall most mods.
    Well, my brother said that his friend download a mod pack, and i have no idea how these things work.
    Despite everything, its still me.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Isn't discussing pirated software a violation of the forum/site ToS?

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Troll in the Playground

So weird thing in the world of Skyrim, I was walking up to Whiterun when I see a werewolf walking in front of me. Turns out it was Sinding, just going for a midnight stroll. Not hostile to me, but wouldn't say anything. I decide to follow along, and we get close to a guard on the road, who walks right past us.

Turns out he's a functioning member of society after all.
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post
    Turns out he's a functioning member of society after all.
    Heh, well that's an interesting encounter.

Speaking of mods, I've been working on one of my own which creates a little farm out in the woods. I wanted to test the ability for a dragon to perch on the house so I loaded up the mod and spawned an elder dragon. It circled around and landed on the roof. Success!

...and then as the dragon leaned forward to breath fire, it slid off the roof and tumbled over me and down the hill.
    LOL, I almost want to keep that bug feature in there.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

That sounds video worthy. And I know how much FUN it is to have a mod work perfectly for a couple of seconds and then do something completely silly.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, my boredom in waiting for a PC to run newer games on (namely GW2) led me to thinking about skyrim (malukah has something to do with it too I think). And I decided it was time I made another stealth character (because I love the thief's guild), but didn't want to just run around a backstab/steathsnipe mindlessly, so I started thinking of a roleplay and decided on a morag tong assassin... then I did a quick search to see if anyone had any mechanics tips (as I haven't learned all of the tricks to skyrim yet and it helps avoid making the game really hard by leveling wrong and getting everything scaled up too much) and found someone who thinks like I do on this matter:

Now to my shame, while I like the morag tong a lot and have read basic lore on them, and done a few quests for them, I have yet to finish a playthough for them, any big RP/lore tips anyone can offer?
    Last edited by nhbdy; 2012-09-28 at 11:38 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24445
    SPERG(Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay) seems like a pretty good mod. Does it play nice with ASIS?

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Orc in the Playground

So I was lookin' over my steam account and noticed that the last time I played Oblivion was on the 10th of November, 2011. This is boring until you realise that the release date of Skyrim was the 11th of November, 2011.
    I am a model of efficiency.

I am also kinda feelin' the urge to play some Oblivion and see how it compares after a year of Skyrim.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

It still stands on it's own, but doesn't do well in the comparison. At least as a whole. There are parts that stand up quite well though, such as the guild quests.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

If you had skyrim on your computer with mods, could you add a theme music to your werewolf transformation? Like, say, this?

I have the xbox version and very unskilled with computers. Just curious.
    Spoiler: Ironcage Keep
    Show
    Initiative:

- Leo
    - Enemies
    - Frith (Light, 92 rounds), Obergrym (rage 5 rounds, 14/17 hp), Melrik - CURRENT
    - Enemies
    - Jade
    - Enemies

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post
    So my brother got a pirated skyrim from one of his friends.

The toll for not buying?

The nasty mods the friend put in.
    Nothing that changes the gameplay, only visual.

Pervert mod makers.......
    ...please tell us more about these mods .
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

@Seharvepernfan: It can be done. You'd have to dig into the files, find which one is the sound for the transformation, take the new sound, turn it into a file that Skyrim can understand. Then point the transformation sound to the new file. It's not particularly hard, but you have to do it right or the sound will be funny.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Titan in the Playground

Just wondering if people have heard of this: Super Skyrim Brothers.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I think that's the worst thing I've seen all day.