Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 1481
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Brother Oni's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cippa's River Meadow
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    It has been said even before Skyrim's release that the first two DLC will be released for the Xbox a month before the other two versions. Think of it in this way - they will be beta testers, and the PC version will be cleaned of the major bugs
    So all the remaining bugs will be PC specific most probably due to the non-standardised hardware?

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    So all the remaining bugs will be PC specific most probably due to the non-standardised hardware?
    Most likely, yes ;) Still, we will probably have an Unofficial Dawnguard Patch...

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Rion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Regarding the Dawnguard trailer. I've noticed that the sigil on the brooch of the main vampire and the face on the blood fountain looks like Molag Bal's shrine. Since Molag Bal is supposed to have created the first vampire, do you the think the ghostly graveyard is a part of his realm, and the swirly blue vortex with the levitating steps could be a portal to said realm?
    If my posts contain any grammar mistakes please inform me about it.
    This is not sarcasm, if you're wondering

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by Rion View Post
    do you the think the ghostly graveyard is a part of his realm, and the swirly blue vortex with the levitating steps could be a portal to said realm?
    His realm was supposed to look a bit different (ie. the sky should look like it's on fire) - though they could have changed the concept for the game.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Serpentine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Adrift in a sea of woe.
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Just popping in to say that grilled leeks are actually pretty tasty. Healthy, too!
    Recipe I used.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Last edited by karpik777; 2012-06-01 at 02:59 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triaxx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Good, now Xbox360 users can take their rightful place as beta testers for their PC overlords. All is right with the world. ;)

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Beowulf DW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Good, now Xbox360 users can take their rightful place as beta testers for their PC overlords. All is right with the world. ;)
    Ya know, you PC people certainly like to go on about your superiority. It's almost like you're trying to convince yourselves.
    Avatar by The_Architect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Ya know, you PC people certainly like to go on about your superiority. It's almost like you're trying to convince yourselves.
    Do we need to convince ourselves? The Xbox users get the first two DLC 30 days earlier, the PS3 users got the most bugs and technical problems, while we got the Creation Kit - which means a ton of mods, including fixes for most of the bugs seen in the game - and the HD texture pack (not that the users won't make something better).
    Last edited by karpik777; 2012-06-02 at 04:45 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    Do we need to convince ourselves? The Xbox users get the first two DLC 30 days earlier, the PS3 users got the most bugs and technical problems, while we got the Creation Kit - which means a ton of mods, including fixes for most of the bugs seen in the game - and the HD texture pack (not that the users won't make something better).
    I'm just sayin, you never hear "can I run this?" from the console crowd.

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    I'm just sayin, you never hear "can I run this?" from the console crowd.
    True - but there was a lot of "Bethesda, bring mods to the consoles" and "Bethesda, give us the high-res textures" coming from them. And Skyrim has relatively low requirements.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Flickerdart's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    I'm just sayin, you never hear "can I run this?" from the console crowd.
    That's because they already know they can't run the only version of Skyrim that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Moon View Post
    How many times, when the Fighter says "I draw my sword", did you just want to smack that cheating-optimizer in the face and say "No! You don't draw your sword! You draw Orcus!". When the Cleric says "I run away from Orcus!": "No! You run into Orcus! Rogue tries to hide? He hides behind Orcus! The bard in a tavern on the other side the town tries to order a drink? How about a nice frothy mug of Orcus?

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Partof1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    St. Albert-ish, AB
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Must this become a PC/console debate?

    I'm not interested in reading a back and forth between people trying to feed their egos.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

    Avatar drawn by Bradakhan

    Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    I'm just sayin, you never hear "can I run this?" from the console crowd.
    Unless they have an Xbox. Then it's more like "Hey, what's this red ring mean, and why won't my game work?!"

    Just kidding. I've got a PC, Xbox, and PS3. They've all got great aspects, and I wouldn't want to give up gaming on any of them.

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    I'm just sayin, you never hear "can I run this?" from the console crowd.
    You generally won't from PC owners if they're running a game that's essentially a console port, like Skyrim is--the current generation of consoles are *seven years old* now, and you really don't need a very powerful PC to match them. Unless the studio messed up the port and it runs like a three-legged tortoise, of course...

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Can't we all just agree probably noone will really play it in the fiirst 30 days due to bethseda and bugs :D

    Its just like a new version of dwarf fortress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

    Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Craft (Cheese)'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Unless the studio messed up the port and it runs like a three-legged tortoise, of course...
    So you mean every console-to-PC port ever made?

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Good God, this has to be the most laid-back, good-natured Console war I've ever witnessed.

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Therinos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Good God, this has to be the most laid-back, good-natured Console war I've ever witnessed.
    I knew there was a reason I post on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by blauregen View Post
    Now witness the power of this fully operational railroad engine.

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Eldan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    I am actually surprised. I always thought that the "Console vs. PC" war was a joke that people made, and that no one ever took it seriously. That all the "PC master gamers" and so on jokes were just that. I mean, the entire idea is so silly.

    Then I found out that there are actually forums out there were people seriously fight over this. My mind is blown.
    Extended Brewer's signature

    Sunt lacrimae rerum et astra mortalia tangunt

    Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    I want more mwa-ha-haaa and much less boo-hoo-hoo.

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I am actually surprised. I always thought that the "Console vs. PC" war was a joke that people made, and that no one ever took it seriously. That all the "PC master gamers" and so on jokes were just that. I mean, the entire idea is so silly.

    Then I found out that there are actually forums out there were people seriously fight over this. My mind is blown.
    I think it started with PC users blaming consoles for the fact that PC games aren't what they used to be, and for the influx of FPS games and a lack of old-style (isometric-only!) RPGs, and the console users reacting to said hostility and culminating in an annoying cycle where the both sides are indistinguishable in their immaturity.

    Sort of like the Jets and the Sharks, but with less choreography and more cheetos.

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Tychris1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A chaos corrupted planet
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    I could care less about the whole war. All I care about is that I can finally drain the life out of people (and hopefully their souls) like I wanted to do in Oblivion and Skyrim (The whole soul gem thing isn't quite as evil, and you have to be a master Necromancer to do something novice necromancers could do in Cyrodill. As in raise permanent undead, and en masse). Plus it'll give me a real hard choice for my next character. Vampire (Like last time with my Mage) or Werewolf (Since I'll be a two handed axe crazy eardrum armored lizard girl, why not wolf out ontop of that?).

    I wonder if they'll have Werewolf/Vampire Lord specific shouts (As in only cast able while in that form).


    Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    Sort of like the Jets and the Sharks, but with less choreography and more cheetos.
    I didn't know they were such hardware fans. I thought I saw a computer monitor with a tutu in "I want to live in America".
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2012-06-03 at 10:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Previous Avatars


    All Spoiler Images made by SmuchSmuch and Emperor Ing and Kasanip

    THE DRAGONS BACK BABY
    I am the Save-or-Die of the d20. Join today, lest your character take 20d20 negative levels!


  23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Tergon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bendigo, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    I'm just relieved that Bethesda doesn't seem to be (at present) taking the very done-to-death Vampires versus Werewolves line. I'm sure there'll be potential to make that happen under your own power, and possibly we might see a couple of the Dawnguard soldiers turning into werewolves because that's highly awesome, but they're dodging the "Eternal war between bat and wolf" cliche. Good for them.
    Dawnguard does look extremely promising, though, and I'm really happy to see crossbows making a comeback to TES universe. Finally, a little variety for archers to have some fun with!

    I don't know if we'll see Werewolf or Vampire shouts. Certainly I do think there's potential for at least one big inclusion - of all the many and varied shouts in the game, the one that I didn't see that I most wanted to was a shout that makes enemies come closer. Sort of the "Force Pull" to FusRoDah's "Force Push". Perhaps that could be a Vampiric ability? Use Thrall to make enemies get closer to you. For any melee character fighting archers or mages, it'd be a like manna from heaven.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Therinos
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    I didn't know they were such hardware fans. I thought I saw a computer monitor with a tutu in "I want to live in America".
    Oh god, the image! It won't go away!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    I don't know if we'll see Werewolf or Vampire shouts. Certainly I do think there's potential for at least one big inclusion - of all the many and varied shouts in the game, the one that I didn't see that I most wanted to was a shout that makes enemies come closer. Sort of the "Force Pull" to FusRoDah's "Force Push". Perhaps that could be a Vampiric ability? Use Thrall to make enemies get closer to you. For any melee character fighting archers or mages, it'd be a like manna from heaven.
    There was an echolocation-thing in the trailer, and Werewolves already have that howl thing. Maybe it acts like a Night's Eye shout, instead of Werewolves' Terror shout. Or, it doubles as Night's Eye and freezes enemies in place, probably not quite as effectively as Ice form, but still potent enough for a vampire Dragonborn to run up to someone and take a bite out of their neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by blauregen View Post
    Now witness the power of this fully operational railroad engine.

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Montreal! Quebec! Canada?

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    *sigh*, trouble-shooting mods.

    Something is causing the cart the player is riding on in the intro to turn too early at one point, and it bumps into trees and rocks, eventually gets into town, and promptly runs straight into a wall.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

    "Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus


    Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triaxx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Look for anything affecting the speed of the horses. I know the Faster horses mod makes specific mention of not being able to increase speed more than 30%, or it causes issues with that.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Montreal! Quebec! Canada?

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Look for anything affecting the speed of the horses. I know the Faster horses mod makes specific mention of not being able to increase speed more than 30%, or it causes issues with that.
    Mmmh, that makes sense, especially because another issue is the guards on horses without the carts end up ahead of the carts, not behind them...
    Good call! I'll get on that later tonight.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

    "Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus


    Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Montreal! Quebec! Canada?

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    So, I fixed one problem, but now I'm completely flummoxed.
    Something is messing with the scripts inside Helgen Keep. If I follow the imperial, he just stops in the corridor right outside the first room, and all enemies with scripts attached, including the very first ones, don't activate.

    If I follow the nord, then the same thing happens after the first fight ends, and you leave the room.

    I have no idea what mod I have would do this, it doesn't make any sense.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

    "Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus


    Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Triaxx's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

    Sounds like an uninstall issue. Have Steam try verifying files. Then uninstall and reinstall mods if it doesn't help.

    I had weirdness where I was casting spells and getting a golden glow around my character. No reason for it, but I had to remove all my mods, and then reinstall them all.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard DLC Video Interview

    Bethesda's game director Todd Howard was interviewed by the folks at Joystiq at this year's E3, and predictably the bulk of the discussion focuses about Skyrim's upcoming first DLC, Dawnguard, which promises to add around 10-20 hours of gameplay and new mechanics such as vampire and werewolf perks.

    If you're curious about the rationale behind Bethesda's choice of content for the DLC, their plans for the next Skyrim's DLCs and why they won't all have the same price as Dawnguard and more, this is definitely a must watch.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •