New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    It has been said even before Skyrim's release that the first two DLC will be released for the Xbox a month before the other two versions. Think of it in this way - they will be beta testers, and the PC version will be cleaned of the major bugs
    So all the remaining bugs will be PC specific most probably due to the non-standardised hardware?

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    So all the remaining bugs will be PC specific most probably due to the non-standardised hardware?
    Most likely, yes ;) Still, we will probably have an Unofficial Dawnguard Patch...

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Regarding the Dawnguard trailer. I've noticed that the sigil on the brooch of the main vampire and the face on the blood fountain looks like Molag Bal's shrine. Since Molag Bal is supposed to have created the first vampire, do you the think the ghostly graveyard is a part of his realm, and the swirly blue vortex with the levitating steps could be a portal to said realm?
    If my posts contain any grammar mistakes please inform me about it.
    This is not sarcasm, if you're wondering

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rion View Post
    do you the think the ghostly graveyard is a part of his realm, and the swirly blue vortex with the levitating steps could be a portal to said realm?
    His realm was supposed to look a bit different (ie. the sky should look like it's on fire) - though they could have changed the concept for the game.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Colossus in the Playground

Just popping in to say that grilled leeks are actually pretty tasty. Healthy, too!
    Recipe I used.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2012-06-01 at 02:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Good, now Xbox360 users can take their rightful place as beta testers for their PC overlords. All is right with the world. ;)

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Good, now Xbox360 users can take their rightful place as beta testers for their PC overlords. All is right with the world. ;)
    Ya know, you PC people certainly like to go on about your superiority. It's almost like you're trying to convince yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Ya know, you PC people certainly like to go on about your superiority. It's almost like you're trying to convince yourselves.
    Do we need to convince ourselves? The Xbox users get the first two DLC 30 days earlier, the PS3 users got the most bugs and technical problems, while we got the Creation Kit - which means a ton of mods, including fixes for most of the bugs seen in the game - and the HD texture pack (not that the users won't make something better).
    Last edited by Divayth Fyr; 2012-06-02 at 04:45 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by karpik777 View Post
    Do we need to convince ourselves? The Xbox users get the first two DLC 30 days earlier, the PS3 users got the most bugs and technical problems, while we got the Creation Kit - which means a ton of mods, including fixes for most of the bugs seen in the game - and the HD texture pack (not that the users won't make something better).
    I'm just sayin, you never hear "can I run this?" from the console crowd.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VanBuren View Post
    True - but there was a lot of "Bethesda, bring mods to the consoles" and "Bethesda, give us the high-res textures" coming from them. And Skyrim has relatively low requirements.

12. - Top - End - #192

That's because they already know they can't run the only version of Skyrim that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground

Must this become a PC/console debate?

I'm not interested in reading a back and forth between people trying to feed their egos.
    Chivalry-the practice of hitting things and claiming it is for the good of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by loopy View Post
    Apparently people can get jaded by over-exposure to awesome.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Banned

Unless they have an Xbox. Then it's more like "Hey, what's this red ring mean, and why won't my game work?!"

Just kidding. I've got a PC, Xbox, and PS3. They've all got great aspects, and I wouldn't want to give up gaming on any of them.

15. - Top - End - #195

BlackDragon

You generally won't from PC owners if they're running a game that's essentially a console port, like Skyrim is--the current generation of consoles are *seven years old* now, and you really don't need a very powerful PC to match them. Unless the studio messed up the port and it runs like a three-legged tortoise, of course...

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Can't we all just agree probably noone will really play it in the fiirst 30 days due to bethseda and bugs :D

Its just like a new version of dwarf fortress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson
    Evil Intelligence is knowing the precise ritual that will allow you to destroy the peaceful kingdom that banished you.

Evil Wisdom is understanding that you probably shouldn’t perform said ritual while you’re standing in the estimated blast radius.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Unless the studio messed up the port and it runs like a three-legged tortoise, of course...
    So you mean every console-to-PC port ever made?

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Good God, this has to be the most laid-back, good-natured Console war I've ever witnessed.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Good God, this has to be the most laid-back, good-natured Console war I've ever witnessed.
    I knew there was a reason I post on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

20. - Top - End - #200

I am actually surprised. I always thought that the "Console vs. PC" war was a joke that people made, and that no one ever took it seriously. That all the "PC master gamers" and so on jokes were just that. I mean, the entire idea is so silly.

Then I found out that there are actually forums out there were people seriously fight over this. My mind is blown.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I am actually surprised. I always thought that the "Console vs. PC" war was a joke that people made, and that no one ever took it seriously. That all the "PC master gamers" and so on jokes were just that. I mean, the entire idea is so silly.

Then I found out that there are actually forums out there were people seriously fight over this. My mind is blown.
    I think it started with PC users blaming consoles for the fact that PC games aren't what they used to be, and for the influx of FPS games and a lack of old-style (isometric-only!) RPGs, and the console users reacting to said hostility and culminating in an annoying cycle where the both sides are indistinguishable in their immaturity.

Sort of like the Jets and the Sharks, but with less choreography and more cheetos.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

I could care less about the whole war. All I care about is that I can finally drain the life out of people (and hopefully their souls) like I wanted to do in Oblivion and Skyrim (The whole soul gem thing isn't quite as evil, and you have to be a master Necromancer to do something novice necromancers could do in Cyrodill. As in raise permanent undead, and en masse). Plus it'll give me a real hard choice for my next character. Vampire (Like last time with my Mage) or Werewolf (Since I'll be a two handed axe crazy eardrum armored lizard girl, why not wolf out ontop of that?).

I wonder if they'll have Werewolf/Vampire Lord specific shouts (As in only cast able while in that form).

Sort of like the Jets and the Sharks, but with less choreography and more cheetos.
    I didn't know they were such hardware fans. I thought I saw a computer monitor with a tutu in "I want to live in America".
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2012-06-03 at 10:17 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

I'm just relieved that Bethesda doesn't seem to be (at present) taking the very done-to-death Vampires versus Werewolves line. I'm sure there'll be potential to make that happen under your own power, and possibly we might see a couple of the Dawnguard soldiers turning into werewolves because that's highly awesome, but they're dodging the "Eternal war between bat and wolf" cliche. Good for them.
    Dawnguard does look extremely promising, though, and I'm really happy to see crossbows making a comeback to TES universe. Finally, a little variety for archers to have some fun with!

I don't know if we'll see Werewolf or Vampire shouts. Certainly I do think there's potential for at least one big inclusion - of all the many and varied shouts in the game, the one that I didn't see that I most wanted to was a shout that makes enemies come closer. Sort of the "Force Pull" to FusRoDah's "Force Push". Perhaps that could be a Vampiric ability? Use Thrall to make enemies get closer to you. For any melee character fighting archers or mages, it'd be a like manna from heaven.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    I didn't know they were such hardware fans. I thought I saw a computer monitor with a tutu in "I want to live in America".
    Oh god, the image! It won't go away!

Quote Originally Posted by Tergon View Post
    I don't know if we'll see Werewolf or Vampire shouts. Certainly I do think there's potential for at least one big inclusion - of all the many and varied shouts in the game, the one that I didn't see that I most wanted to was a shout that makes enemies come closer. Sort of the "Force Pull" to FusRoDah's "Force Push". Perhaps that could be a Vampiric ability? Use Thrall to make enemies get closer to you. For any melee character fighting archers or mages, it'd be a like manna from heaven.
    There was an echolocation-thing in the trailer, and Werewolves already have that howl thing. Maybe it acts like a Night's Eye shout, instead of Werewolves' Terror shout. Or, it doubles as Night's Eye and freezes enemies in place, probably not quite as effectively as Ice form, but still potent enough for a vampire Dragonborn to run up to someone and take a bite out of their neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Firbolg in the Playground

*sigh*, trouble-shooting mods.

Something is causing the cart the player is riding on in the intro to turn too early at one point, and it bumps into trees and rocks, eventually gets into town, and promptly runs straight into a wall.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Look for anything affecting the speed of the horses. I know the Faster horses mod makes specific mention of not being able to increase speed more than 30%, or it causes issues with that.

27. - Top - End - #207

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Look for anything affecting the speed of the horses. I know the Faster horses mod makes specific mention of not being able to increase speed more than 30%, or it causes issues with that.
    Mmmh, that makes sense, especially because another issue is the guards on horses without the carts end up ahead of the carts, not behind them...
    Good call! I'll get on that later tonight.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

28. - Top - End - #208

So, I fixed one problem, but now I'm completely flummoxed.
    Something is messing with the scripts inside Helgen Keep. If I follow the imperial, he just stops in the corridor right outside the first room, and all enemies with scripts attached, including the very first ones, don't activate.

If I follow the nord, then the same thing happens after the first fight ends, and you leave the room.

I have no idea what mod I have would do this, it doesn't make any sense.

- Albert Camus

What. Is. This. Madness.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Sounds like an uninstall issue. Have Steam try verifying files. Then uninstall and reinstall mods if it doesn't help.

I had weirdness where I was casting spells and getting a golden glow around my character. No reason for it, but I had to remove all my mods, and then reinstall them all.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard DLC Video Interview

Bethesda's game director Todd Howard was interviewed by the folks at Joystiq at this year's E3, and predictably the bulk of the discussion focuses about Skyrim's upcoming first DLC, Dawnguard, which promises to add around 10-20 hours of gameplay and new mechanics such as vampire and werewolf perks.

If you're curious about the rationale behind Bethesda's choice of content for the DLC, their plans for the next Skyrim's DLCs and why they won't all have the same price as Dawnguard and more, this is definitely a must watch.