New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

[Terrie's Tree]

Well that's not the answer I expected at all. Does the word mean somethign different to her or... Riss couldn't think of a serviceable answer on her own but she wasn't all that surprised due to her lack of knowledge about... Well, most things here, it seemed. Still the expression of mildly confused interest would probably suffice for a question.

Of course, what would follow that brief glance would be a scrutinizing examination of the apple tree in question. She had expected more apples and less of the colorful, kinda leafy things, though. Maybe the tree wasn't fully mature? While puzzling this out, Riss absently brought the fruit to her mouth and took a bite. And then another... and soon was ravenously devouring the apple as if she were starved; core, seeds, and all. Misha may want to hand over the apples she was carrying simply to avoid Riss possibly trying to fight her for them given how quickly the muse was moving on to her second fruit.

2. - Top - End - #32

Terrie's Tree

Misha absentmindedly hands over her two apples as Riss polishes off her own ones, not really expecting anything different. Riss was pretty thin after all, poor thing probably needed all the food she could get.

"Kissing is fun for a lot of people, but nereids use it to put water in your lungs and drown you if you're being a jerkface. It's a defense mechanism, I think." Misha punctuates the sentence by breathing out a cloud of mist that swiftly condenses and rains down onto the earth at the base of the tree.

"You have a very pretty tree by the way."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

"Oh, okay. I think Nereids are weird then, but really pretty. And i like my tree too." Terrie smiles back down to the pair as she plops herself down on one of the branches, looking down at Riss and Misha, "If you want more of those apples, Just ask."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Oh my. Overcoming her immediate bewilderment in the face of a talking cat, Cornelia furrows her brow. "And by that you mean?" There's still a slight edge to her tone, mostly stemming from confusion, because... well... she is speaking to a cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Training Grounds]

Mia sights. After all the tank was a real tank so I#m not sure how much damage she caused to a metal tank. The thing with the hostage realy is bad.

"I hoped your going to be more polite. We are here to save innocent people, not killing them as well. As for the other targets each has it's reason to be here. I fear your not that qualified."

And then the cat speaks up.

"That's true, baby boom and a leak of apocalypse have caused many of the members to lower their guard."

Just her two cent
    The cat ignores Cornelia for the moment, shifting its stare to Mia.
    "Well aren't you the arrogant she-bitch? How do you know I wasn't talking about you?"
    It says disdainfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

How... how did Mia get a tank onto the range? Where'd she get a tank to begin with? And did she actually expect Cornelia to damage it with a rifle?

"Aw, the poor bastard's fine," Cornelia replies, a little angry about Mia's criticism. When the cat speaks up, she brings a hand to her mouth so she might hide a low chuckle. Mia's getting told off by a cat. "She-bitch? Is there anodder kind?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #36

[Terrie's Tree]

"Please?" Riss asked nearly as soon as Terrie had finished her offer. I don't care how that sounds. I don't care where they came from and I don't care if there is something different. I need more of these. It was as if there was an odd sort of buzzing in the very tips of her limbs, slowly crackling it's way up her arms and legs. And that wasn't even touching on the sparks that were dancing around her thoughts.

The skin of the third apple snapped loudly as the muse took a large first bite. Yes, the kissing thing was interesting and yes the tree was indeed pleasing in an aesthetic sort of way but those concerns could be pushed off to the side right now. Though Terrie wouldn't have much to compare to, Misha would possibly pick up on the tones placed upon the one word question. That is to say, while Riss normally had a mild accent that seemed to imply she might be singing along to some song in her head, just now it was closer to say that the word itself had taken on a musical quality. ...And had her hair always been that long? And while it was normally rather unkempt, had it ever really been so to that extent? It almost looked spiky in some places..

7. - Top - End - #37

Terrie's Tree

Misha takes a long hard look at Riss. The musical word could be brushed off as Riss letting some of her singing out, but the hair was definitely new. Riss would probably be unwise to accept more gifts from the fey.

Nng... maybe just a couple more though. If nothing bad happened, whatever's happening with Riss will probably lead to some fun.

"A few more, but not too many okay? Wouldn't want Riss to get a stomach ache, and eating a dozen apples could do that to you." She assumes.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

"Ok. I think I can only make a couple more anyways," Terrie says, growing a new pair of apples for them. Given her vantage, Terrie will toss the apples down... potentially right into Misha's cleavage if she doesn't move, the little dryad giggling like mad the whole way.

9. - Top - End - #39

[Terrie's Tree]

One of the apples thrown down would possibly be snatched up even before it got close to the neriad. Having wired reflexes were useful like that. However, the other apple would also be bumped ever so much so as to help ensure the course Terrie intended had any necessary corrections just in case Misha tried to dodge. It was subtle, though, and far too quick for unaugmented persons to easily get a bead on. Really, the only other sign that something might have happened was the decidedly impish giggle that Riss was making. She was clearly enjoying herself although the mild changes were definitely more apparent now, what with her hair being twice as long. Her eyes were different too, having shifted from their normal amber to a glittering, almost luminescent gold; catching the light and sparkling in surprising ways.

"Oooh Miiishaaa?" Riss sang, stretching the question out and harmonizing the sounds each syllable made. "Would you stay right there?" The question carried something more than just that wonderfully harmonic sound, however. It wasn't magic but the notes and trills and pitch seemed to seep into the mind just so, gently asking for compliance in much the way a breath of air would playfully tug at one's hair. Should Misha fall prey to the 'spell,' Riss would simply draw close to the neriad and lean her head upon her shoulder as she finished the remainder of her fourth apple and began on the fifth. Taking time to clean up that delicious nectar from her fingers first, of course. Though, once Riss touched skin, there would be an interesting tingling sensation at the points of contact. Faint but possibly enjoyable.

"Sooo.. If not kissing then what is it that neriads do if they like someone?" Riss asked, her voice seemingly achieving harmony with itself as she spoke. As if to emphasize the question, the muse would reach out with a free hand and attempt to gently start tracing formless designs around Misha's shoulder-blades with a finger. The tingling sensation from this would be much stronger, almost like the prickle of being near static electricity in a way.

10. - Top - End - #40

Terrie's Tree

Misha needs no encouragement to fall for Riss' voice, having been quite enamored with something as simple as her humming earlier in the Cave. The contact is very nice on top of that, and Misha very nearly circles her arms around Riss right then and there, but stops herself for the moment, remembering her promise to Riss.

Best apples ever.

"Oh, lots of different things." Misha's skin crawls in the most pleasant way possible as Riss starts tracing lines along her back.

She spares a look towards Terrie, biting her bottom lip as she considers things. She really should move this away from tiny dryad eyes before things get too out of hand.

The sixth apple lies forgotten, nestled down the front of her toga for now.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-05-18 at 12:27 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

[Terrie's Tree]

Terrie is watching with interested eyes. Riss had seemed so shy before! This amazing change was so cool. And Cessie didn't like it? Pfah. This Riss was much better off.

However, she's tired from using her magic like that, and will begin to fall asleep as Misha looks upwards.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

She is something I call tech priest. Instead of summoning monster like normal priests in dnd do she can summon robots or other tech things.And to be true I thought the rifle is a grenade thrower.

"Do you have other weapons as well? This weapon would be good when another apocalypse appears, but for the new tasks it's likely not useful."

Mia just smiles at the cat.

"I assumed you mean the whole org. I just pointed out the obvious thing, whoever you are."

She sounds polite and friendly, but she is sure this cat is either immortal or so. And Mia's player don't knows what a she-Bitch is.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

13. - Top - End - #43

[Terrie's Tree]

Riss slipped into her native tongue as she appeared to playfully pout at the fact she wouldn't be able to get any more apples from Terrie. But that soon passed as she closed her eyes and wished her a long farewell in gentle tones. It would sound like a lullaby and likely send the tired child right off to sleep.

To Misha, though, Riss sang a few more stanzas before stopping with a faux expression of surprise. Though unlikely, any who happened to be nearby with the ability of a supernatural polyglot might very well be quite warm under the collar given what was said. "Ah, sorry." the muse said with a smile. "I'm just glad that you're the one I can speak to so I forgot that whole language limitation there for a second." she said. It was a right out lie, of course, but it wasn't as if Misha would know, right?

Reaching out to try and run her fingers through Misha's hair for a moment before gently scratching the neriad's scalp, Riss would lean into her just a bit more as she posed a question. "Well, I think we should let her be alone and sleep now, don't you? It is rather nice out so why don't we go somewhere else around here?" but rather than wait for a verbal answer, Riss would pull away from Misha just a bit only to try and curl a bit of the neriad's hair around her fingers to try and lead her onwards.

14. - Top - End - #44

Terrie's Tree -> Onwards

Misha smiles coyly as Riss' fingers slip through her hair, the strands she was holding turning to water under her grip and slipping free.

"I was thinking almost exactly the same thing. Isn't it great when two people think alike?" Despite the muse not having a convenient handhold, she'll find Misha a willing subject to be led away to wherever she wishes.

It seems they've both forgotten about that apple for the time being, as odd as that sounds.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2012-05-18 at 01:04 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Training Grounds

That... is actually pretty neat. And I can understand how one might mistake Cornelia's rifle for a grenade launcher. "What sortsa new tasks? I got a few guns, an' all sorts o' bullets." Cornelia lowers her rifle, letting it hang from her limp arms.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #46

[Training Grounds]

((I'm sorry to skip KK, but I think it's not that evil right now))

I'm not sure, but didn't she told it?

"Since apocalypse aren't common and since Watchtower do their job well, some members thought about another way to get things done. Cessie for example suggest that Watch could help the people outside of Inside. Remnants authority ends with the borders of Inside. In that case we have to fight different kind of people as well as member of the Organization called AMEN. There will be many situations where an innocent is in danger."

She tries to declare things. In that time MDM changes his arms bag looking a bit like in transformers.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

"As I said, decay."
    Says the cat, calmly licking its paw. Stupid humans protecting life and enforcing the law and that lame stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Main Room -> Infirmary]

"This way."
    KR will attempt to lead him upstairs to the Infirmary, hoping that Dominic is currently willing to undeadtime, but also hoping that Dominic is not.
    "Wonderful, I hope everything goes well and I can quickly take my position among this organization." Claude was noticeably nervous of this encounter, all he has heard of this doctor is nothing that helps him think that he wil be fond of new comers. He follows behind KR going over all of his background information and his credentials in his head.
    "To live is to dream; to die is to awaken"
    - La Bamba

“Believe in the ideal, not the idol.”

"Those who flow through life, as life flows, feel no wear... feel no tear... need no mending... no repair."
    -Laotzu

-Compassion: Much less effective on soul eating monsters.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Grounds

Scout!Pat sighs and stands as she draws her blade. "Unfortunately, I don't know anything that I haven't learned on my own through watching or reading." It might not sound like much, but with the way her memory works, she should be able to replicate the movements perfectly for her body.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"That's how most learn their first moves," Harnel says, drawing his own blade, "Just come at me and we'll see how good you are, alright? Don't hold back."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir steps back to watch the sparring session.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #52

Training Grounds

Isn't protecting all life kind of Watchtower's point?

"So ye do go adventurin'!" Cornelia cries triumphantly, pointing at Mia. "Well, I can do that. 'Sides, like I said, m'not gonna kill innocent folk. A little burnt hair ne'er hurt anybody."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Grounds

Once Harnel and Pat both get into their respective positions, Scout!Pat looked over Harnel's stance slowly. Various movie and book clips run through her mind as she compares her and his stances and possible variables until she finds one that's fairly optimum.

The dragonborn will see Pat's wings ruffle a bit before snapping out and buzzing, sending her forward extremely quickly, "gladius" leading her charge. The point is held toward his right knee at the start, but when she gets close, she suddenly snaps it to the left left, as if to cut it open. Her left arm is held close, ready to defend herself if his blade doesn't try to deflect her own.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

From the look on his face, Harnel has already fallen into the Diamond Mind, as he was attempting to teach Pat.

She's attacking quickly, but low. Wings. She expects me to fly upwards. unnecessary and risky. Directed attack from far away, low, too smart to do simple strikes. Stay low, deflect obvious feint. Harnel's mind begins working as the combat begins, but rather than dodge, His blade dips into the ground at the tip, shearing through it like a knife through paper. as Pat closes in, she won't get the chance to switch to the sweeping attack, as Harnel's blade will come upwards to meet hers, with his body moving forward. this should result in the guards of each blade catching each other. doing this should make both blades move off to the side, as Harnel puts enough strength to stop a blow from an ogre behind the deflection - just because Pat is small, doesn't mean he should take her lightly. Magic can enhance individuals greatly after all, and he has no idea what this chitin covered woman is capable of. This maneuver may end up with the sword being knocked out from Pat's hand if she can't keep a grip on it.

This will be followed by Harnel's forehead coming down to meet Pat's. He knows what he's doing here, and while it won't hurt him, there's a good chance it'll at least daze the trainee. This would normally be enough to knock a person out if it hits them properly, but Harnel expects the chitin will deal with that, if the ant woman doesn't have a way of dealing herself.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-19 at 08:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Gnoll Home

Darcy follows the gnoll into the hut.
    Gnoll Home

Inside she will find a sparsely decorated home hut with some sort of dream catcher hanging from the ceiling. The walls which are made of a thick leather are painted in some sort of red color in strange patterns.

It the middle is a burned out fire smelling of ash and rotten meat. There are no beds or other furniture inside but a lot of animal pelts and tools standing leaning against the wall.

On one pent the gnoll woman lies tucked in her hands grasped around some sort of object, breathing deeply. As she see Darcy entering with her brother her eyes shine up and her sharp teeth forms a toothy grin.

"You return savior. You always welcome here." She states as her brother moves away a bit to allow the shapeshifter some more room. It might be bit hard to stand up tall in some parts of this little hut.

[Watchtower - Garden]

As Sakura sits with Leala in the garden Cessie suddenly approaches her. "Hello Sakura, nice weather isn't it?" She asks with a smile.

She's dressed in one of her pre-pregnancy dresses, which shows just enough that she's nearly back in her old figure. It makes it obvious she's still swollen in some areas however.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

[Watchtower - Garden]

Sakura looks up from where she'd been entertaining Laela with the plush, Harnel coloured dragon. "Oh, hey Cessie." Sakura greets her friend with a grin. "Yeah, it's so nice. Laela's sure enjoying it."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Training Ground

As soon as their blades touch, Pat changes her tactics mid-action. Deflection means I dodge to side, but his tail or wings will hit and open me to his blade... She thinks, using her quickened mind to run scenarios in her head, trying to map it out two to three strikes ahead. Any dodge to the side leaves back and wings exposed. Unacceptable. As the sequences play through her head, she does a quick inventory of the biological defenses she has in her body at the moment. Three different caustics and a glue. She couldn't use the former on him as she didn't want to kill, and even his scales likely wouldn't stand up to those concentrations too well, but the glue...

That would be quite useful.

Harnel will find Pat willingly locking their blades together, but she applies a lot of force, trying to keep them so and possibly even pushing his back away from her. She rises, meeting his headbutt with the top of her head, and while it sends pain to her head, it doesn't disorientate her. Luckily for her, her thought processes were elsewhere and the brain in this body was little more than a control panel for the body. There wasn't anything to disorientate.

Scout!Pat's free arm shoots up at the same time, palm open, to try and strike his face, but before it gets there, a thick spray of glue erupts from her wrist to try and blind him as well as distract. In doing so however, it's likely she's kept herself quite open in many places.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Ground]

Good enough Harnel thinks to himself. He had his opening, and he was going to take it, as his right hand leaves the grip of his sword.

As Pat's hand comes up, She'll find Harnel grabbing her wrist - likely getting in the way of the glue spray if successful. If he does manage to grab her, He'll swing the ant woman over his head to slam her into the ground behind him - after she tanked the blow to the head, Harnel's not really concerned that this would really hurt her.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-05-20 at 02:52 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Training Grounds

Isn't protecting all life kind of Watchtower's point?

"So ye do go adventurin'!" Cornelia cries triumphantly, pointing at Mia. "Well, I can do that. 'Sides, like I said, m'not gonna kill innocent folk. A little burnt hair ne'er hurt anybody."
    Training Grounds Mia-Cornelia-Cat

((Better tag to make things easy.))

Mia doesn't seem either impressed or caught or whatever Cornelia expects. Also since the hostage and so was amde of wood/paper (you know normal dummy) they burn doen in the blue fire.

"I have to tell you that you also might have hurt him. The targets you shoot at weren't mobile so a short move could have dragged the hostage closer to the projectile. You appeared willing to help, but I wanted to see if your patience as well. What will you do against a target your rifle doesn't work?"

And yes Mia is ignoring the cat. She assumes the cat is talking about the fact that humans don't live so long.

30. - Top - End - #60

[Watchtower - Garden]

"Yeah, you really seem to be enjoying yourself." Cessie says with a smile as she sits down at a stone bench which her player now have decided exists there.

She looks closely at the child and slowly reaches out to let Laela touch her hand. "You seem so close, I don't know how you manage."