New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [NEXUS] WATCHTOWER 15: New and Improved!

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Well, uh, you don't need to have had other jobs. But we gotta think of some way to test you guys," Adir says. "Since you seem to be from some kind of, uh, warrior culture, we're gonna have to fight something."
    Hospital
    "Like you? Because we were hunting earlier, and everything seemed really weak..."
    It's true, the deer, badgers, and such didn't put up much of a fight, but that usually happens when they get a fateful of chi...
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #752
    Orc in the Playground

[Training Grounds-Shooting Range]

Quote Originally Posted by orb_of_blood View Post
    "Dunno. Prob'ly 'round an hour or so. Tell me this, you planning to kill 'em, or just arrest 'em? Cause if you're killing 'em, I'd love to help out." Kinda dark, but he was a slave for a few weeks and now bears quite a hatred for them.
    "Then feel free to stick around, though we take no responsibility should you be harmed in the attack if you choose to do so. I will be getting the heavy firepower." DC promptly flies off, headed for the airship gantry.

There is no kill like overkill, after all.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

3. - Top - End - #753

[Boris's Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "There's boot tracks. One set. But the Hag don't wear any," Cornelia says. Judging by the look on her face, those boot tracks belong to her father. "It'd been like tha' for weeks. I'm the only one who goes up thar anymore. Cept for mum, apparently." She seems upset. Not just about her mother, or anything from that story in particular.
    "Is there anything I can do to help with this?" Boris asks. He obviously feels sympathy for Cornelia, even if he doesn't understand the situation all that well.

--

In the other timeline, Boris has readied his SVD sniper rifle, grabbed a number of clips, and is heading to the highest possible place in the base that gives him a view of the courtyard, where he guesses at least part of the attack will come from.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Hospital
    "Like you? Because we were hunting earlier, and everything seemed really weak..."
    It's true, the deer, badgers, and such didn't put up much of a fight, but that usually happens when they get a fateful of chi...
    "What the hell were you shooting at?" Adir says with a laugh. Nexus wildlife, in his experience, is anything but weak. "You girls wanna spar? Let me see whatcha got?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    [Boris's Room]

"Is there anything I can do to help with this?" Boris asks. He obviously feels sympathy for Cornelia, even if he doesn't understand the situation all that well.
    "Mebbie. But... not now. If Pap's been raised, there's no tellin' where he's at. He'll find us, or the Hag will," Cornelia says, in a rather dire tone of voice. She slumps over, looking at the floor at her feet. A hand moves to hold her aching head.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #755

Hospital
    "Sure! Sounds like fun!" ^^

Kirlia is ready to go!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #756

[Boris's Room]

Boris sighs a little, wishing he could do more than just wait. After staying still for a couple of seconds, he moves to sit next to Cornelia on the bed, and tries to lay an arm around her shoulders.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2012-07-12 at 06:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #757

[Boris's Room]

Boris sighs a little, wishing he could do more than just wait. After staying still for a couple of seconds, he moves to sit next to Cornelia on the bed, and tries to lay an arm around her shoulders.
    "M'sorry, Boris. I don't wanna put this on you, too," Cornelia says, more than a little depressed, sitting up straight so she can look him in the eye. The arm isn't stopped - it's quite welcome. She leans against him, a little angry with herself. "I jus'... I heard 'bout my pa, and everythin' just came rushin' back. Ridin' with him, watchin' him work, how he passed..." She sighs shakily. "I miss him."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #758

[Boris's Room]

"Don't worry, it isn't a burden to me." Boris doesn't mind Cornelia leaning against him at all. "I know how it feels to lose someone, trust me."

9. - Top - End - #759
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Yazon nods his agreement. "For the time being, how about we have another go at these axes?" He pats the head of his own.

[Outside the Gate => Looking for a Leader]

And so they look for one of Watchtower's esteemed leaders.

[Basewide - Incoming Attack]

However the warning is given out, there are a few more people preparing.

Yazon busies himself putting on his mail and helmet and grabbing his weapons. He leaves his axes at his side for now, holding the crossbow ready for use at first. That done he'll hurry outside, possibly going on top of the outer wall.

Tic, Tac, and Toe mill about on the top of three of the four towers along the outer wall. If someone's approaching, they'll see it first. Finally they get to serve their intended purpose as gargoyles!
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-07-12 at 06:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, the base itself begins to prepare for attack. The main gate slowly winches shut, then a thick steel portcullis slams down over it. Both the wood and steel have been heavily enchanted for strength by the original owners, of course, as has the stone of the walls. A brief, bright glow appears at random points in a field outside the wall, and in a thin bright line close to the wall, signaling the activation of the magical minefield. That said, none of the forcefields are activated just yet, and the Butler B. Butler doesn't leave its hanger. That would probably be overkill.

A certain cat sits on the parapet of whichever tower the gargoyle's aren't occupying, while KR sits at the top of the gate tower, polishing her rifle.

[Training Grounds]

"You just have to fill this out." Says KR, handing a membership form to Hildur.

The Gargoyles and Mysterious Stranger could probably butt in to this scene. There are enough Plotclones of KR running around.

[KRomir's Room]

"I think any scientist skilled with bio-tech should be able to do something about it. If they can turn a human into a half-lizard monstrosity, they should be able to turn you back into a human.
    "Of course, all the ones I'm aware of happen to be evil."
    This is a problem.

[Cessie's Promotion]

KR can be found in the library, reading a book in Draconic. I don't know if Cessie can actually read Draconic. It's titled A Study on Transdimensional Matrices in Accordance to Ptolemaic Principles by Wehrner von Wizardstein. It's probably very exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #761

[Training Grounds]

"Right." Hildur takes the form, grabs a pen, and gets to filling out the form:

Name: Hildur Lange/Maarsukaal
    Sex: Female
    Species: Demi-dragon
    Profession: Unemployed
    Reason for joining WATCHTOWER: Desire to help the people of the Nexus and to spread my Name.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to WATCHTOWER: Air Shaping.
    Other Information:
    She offers the form for KR. "Is this fine?"

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

"Yeah, that's fine." KR hands over a room key, a badge, and a nebulously defined communicator that may or may not be the badge, a watch, or some other device.

13. - Top - End - #763

[Training Grounds - Barracks]

Hildur takes the offered items and thanks KR for accepting her into Watch. Then she grabs her bags and heads off to her room to unpack her belongings.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Somewhere]

Snce neither the meeting nor anything else is going on for Mia she will just go for Inside, since she has some 'business' running there.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Sure thing, Wenomir says, gripping his axe. The rest of the training can probably be handwaved so as to thin out Wenomir's plotclones a little.

[KRomir's Room]

I wasn't going to ask Magtok, Wenomir says. Doesn't Tobias have a laboratory over at GLoG, though? I'll have to ask him. If he can't help, we'll have to look around for someone else. Either way, thanks for hearing me about it. It helps a lot, he adds with a smile.

[Library]

Wenomir, who definetly can't read Draconic, enters the library and smiles when he sees KR.
    Hey, KR. Cessie has something she needs to tell you, he says. He decided that Cessie ought to present her case.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #766

[Cessie's Promotion]

Harnel have actually taught the sorceress draconic so she can read the title easily enough. As Cessie comes up to KR she can probably tell something is going on once the mage bows before her. "Indeed. I have just spoken to Wenomir about an eventual promotion." She starts. "I believe that it in combination with what I have to do to deserve it would make me a better representative of Watch within the council. As for now I'm ready to do anything to prove myself in the eyes of Watch's leadership and hopefully make myself an able leader in the progress."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-07-13 at 07:11 AM.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

[KRomir's Room]

"Of course." Says KR.
    "I'll always listen." She hugs Wenomir.

[Library]

KR looks up as Wenomir and Cessie enter, and Wenomir speaks.
    "Oh good, rescue." She says hurriedly, slamming the thick book shut with maybe a little too much relief.
    Then Cessie says her thing.
    "Um... right, okay." She says. She's not sure at all how Cessie could prove her worth as a leader... or if she needs to. It's not as if there's a set procedure or anything given that it hasn't happened in... well, ever.
    She looks at Wenomir, hoping for some group input on this.

((You know, it migt be a good idea to shuffle around the leadership lower down in the organization, come to think of it. Given that Jeremy and Catherine have been perma-deadtimed since forever, and Shawna's basically perma-deadtimed except when she occasionally shows up for three posts to do her best White Witch impersonation.))
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-07-13 at 12:38 PM.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Titan in the Playground

[KRomir's Room]

I'm really lucky to have you here, aren't I? Wenomir asks, hugging back and giving her a kiss on the cheek. Sometimes I feel like I'd just stumble around blindly without you, he adds jokingly.

[Library]

Wenomir shrugs. I think it's worth a try. Cessie has proven to be dependable. And we could use another leader for when things to deal with pile up. Since it's either nothing or everything at all around here. Also, we could use someone with more diplomatic skills than you, me and DC.

((That could also work. Adir and Boris would perhaps be promoted.))
    Last edited by Morty; 2012-07-13 at 05:58 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

19. - Top - End - #769

[Library]

"I would try to help in any way I can. I realize that as a leader I have many more responsibilities but I believe I can handle them. I could deal with new recruits for instance when you aren't around as well as other more dreary burdens." The sorceress offers.

20. - Top - End - #770

[Boris's Room]

"Don't worry, it isn't a burden to me." Boris doesn't mind Cornelia leaning against him at all. "I know how it feels to lose someone, trust me."
    The gunsmith rests her head on his shoulder, glancing up at him. "Myah? Well, I s'pose ye must've. Yer a soldier. M'just so... " She shakes her head. "Scattered. When it comes to pap. Even after so long."

[Basewide - Incoming Attack

Adir stands atop the outer wall, dressed for battle. He's got his rifle set up on a bipod, minus the silly axe-blade, and a pair of Predator-style plasma launchers are folded against his shoulders. Having disposed of the scope due to his already advanced optical systems, the stag scans the surrounding forest wordlessly.

((I was gonna have Adir request command of a squad anyway. At the least.))
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-07-13 at 09:50 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #771

[Boris's Room]

"I understand. If you need anything from me, just let me know," Boris says, slowly rubbing Cornelia's shoulder.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Due to his player actually being on the scene for once, Jacob stands upon the outer wall in full combat regalia, his armor fully covering him this time. Like usual, it shines intensely and seems almost like liquid. He's carrying no weapons currently, but anyone familiar with him knows that he can turn some part of his armor into one if he wishes.

At any rate, he is currently shaping white mana into the forms of a small battalion of Pikemen and a row of archers to supplement the defenses.

The Pikemen are armed with, well, pikes, as well as bucklers and daggers for foes that come too close. The Archers are armed with Heavy Crossbows, each equipped with a bayonet for potential melee combat. The Pikemen are situated as a first layer of defense inside the gate, while the Archers are set atop the wall, watching for movement.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-07-13 at 10:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #773

[Boris's Room]

"I understand. If you need anything from me, just let me know," Boris says, slowly rubbing Cornelia's shoulder.
    "Jus'... let me take care of ye. Lemme do what I can. Helps keep my mind off things," Cornelia says. Keeping herself busy and with Boris leaves no time to think about some rather disturbing things.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #774
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [B][Training Grounds]/B]

"Impressive." Says KR, clapping briefly as the two emerge from the end of the obstacle course. Behind them, the course starts to sink back into the ground. She's clapping at Hildur of course. She wanted the brick wall to be a show of brute force, in contrast to all the earlier agility and precision, and Hildur certainly demonstrated such. Element just did some vague thing to get past it. I'm not sure exactly how his density thing works. It wasn't explained very well. Or at all.
    "Well, I think you've adequately proved your ability. Welcome to WATCHTOWER."

Meanwhile, in the circle, nothing much happens! I mean, Serph is just moving towards Crab Spider 2 while on fire, so Crab Spider 2 is just standing there staring at him. Maybe it thinks Serph is just going to burn to death?

Oh, and a Dai Oni is moving at BLINDING SPEED! Crab Spider 1's response is to calmly stick an arm out in its path and attempt to clothesline the demon.
    Whoops well density shift is like what martian man hunter does in justice league, you know DC comics? Well Element will just wait until his partner burns out.

As for Serph....

Serph is on fire but is rapidly getting hotter. Right now he's as hot as Tier 3 fire, by that I mean Firaga, Agidyne or any other top tier heat you may think of. If crab spider plans on doing nothing then Serph will rapidly punch it, just to be clear his punches are stronger than his sword hits from earlier, because you know smash?

Ongyo-Ki is not tripped by a clothes-line, that would be completely idiotic. With that I assume he's gotten past his Crab Spider. If no one else get in the way Ongyo-Ki will make more shadow clones of himself circling Serph. Once he gets enough speed he will attack Serph, and no that's not a typo.
    My Nexus characters that I consider important.
    Serph Oaruma
    Red Element

25. - Top - End - #775

Attack!

Isn't too long after WATCH finishes their preparations that the siege shows itself. With the tower being the highest point in sight and only one approach to watch, it's all but impossible that the WATCHmen on lookout could miss the swarm of canid soldiers marching towards them in motley profession.

In the lead is Kale, a filthy, blood-covered elf who, if anyone has good enough magnification to pick out such details, is looking distinctly unhappy to be here. But now's hardly the time for backing out. That would get him torn to shreds even more surely than following this through.

Halting a good hundred, hundred and fifty feet from the tower, Kale pauses, turning to adress the troops assembled. "Alright. See that tower? It's fulla gold an jewels an riches an all that! So, we're gonna take it!" No time for thinking up eleborate lies, but wealth seems to motivate these fleabags well enough to send them rushing to their doom.

An actual knowledge of strategy would serve Kale well about now, so he'd have some clue of how to screw the 'siege' up as bad as he can, make sure it ends quick with few casualties. But he's neither a tactician, a scholar or a very good speech-giver, so... "All of ya rush the wall at once, all at one point! NOW! GET GOING!"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir is also standing on the wall, looking at the oncoming army. Well, "army". The demon-hunter is honestly not sure how this bunch of ragged-looking hyena-people hopes to take a fortress. Maybe it's a ruse of some sort?
    They can't possibly hope to win this, he says to whoever is nearby.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Hospital
    "Sure! Sounds like fun!" ^^

Kirlia is ready to go!
    Niza nods excitedly, her stupid spiky hair not bouncing at all despite her head's movements.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

28. - Top - End - #778
    Pixie in the Playground

Attack!

No. The hyenids really can't. But then, that's the whole idea, wasn't it? Find some way to break them against near-impossible barriers and some WATCH warriors, so that no more would dream of returning to the Nexus via that particular portal. They aren't expected to return alive.

Well, as daunting as the tower looks, the gnolls have watched their new elven master beat their old leader in an unfair fight... with only a small dagger. That tone from him is enough to get the vast majority of the gnolls moving.

Except for the three who possess some basic level of intelligence, and are confused as to the sudden plan change. "Wait... I thought we were hunting individuals? Shouldn't we leave this castle-fortress alone? Surely it has less gold than we'd get if we just sold the slaves instead? And that's the hum of a force-field. Master... without Sleet to break the magic defenses, there's no way this'll work." Truly, the thought of dying while struggling to breach the walls of some fortress they've never heard of before is not very appealing.

The gnolls who obey all orders blindly, however, don't stop to question Kale. It'll take them a few moments to streak across the remaining meters to the wall next to the tower, ignoring the barricaded gate entirely. Perhaps those claws could be good for climbing the wall?
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!

29. - Top - End - #779

Mia may stand next to Wenomir, more confused than really prepared for battle. Assuming the gate was closed to leave them no way in attacking.

"I think I missed something, but why are they trying to attack us?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

[Attack!]

Well those gnolls are going to have some problems very quickly, as they run over the magical minefield. In random places, where gnolls trip the minds, the ground will flash brightly for a moment, calling bolts of lightning from the sky to zap any unfortunate gnolls in the vicinity. Things get rapidly worse as they start to approach the wall, where a long line of fire suddenly erupts into being; a long, unbroken wall of magical flame higher even than WATCHTOWER's own stone walls, presumably incinerating the front ranks and halting the gnoll advance, assuming they all aren't just stupid enough to run straight through and end the battle without WATCHTOWER having to fire a single shot. The wall continues raging for half a minute, before subsiding into rather ordinary flame, which, lacking a fuel source, should quickly burn itself out.

[KRomir's Room]

"Of course. I'm the best there is, and you'd better believe it." Says KR, continuing the joke. And the kissing, too, though not on Wenomir's cheek.

[Library]

"Well... I suppose the best way really to see if you're a capable leader is to have you go out and... lead... something. Do we have anything that needs leading?"

[Training Grounds]

Crab Spider 1 gets punched a few times, Serph's fiery blows heavily denting and scorching its chestplate, which is beginning to glow a rather dull red from the heat. That can't be good for its innards. Of course with that much fire flying around, it's expected that there might be some collateral damage going on with the massive gouts of flame and heat flying everywhere. Fortunately the circle has a forcefield which seems to be containing the conflagration, but still, that's not looking good for Serph's record.
    Crab Spider 1 stumbles backwards, seeking escape from Serph's fiery assault. Luckily for it, Serph's own minion seems to be stepping in to lend a hand, and it's rapidly joined by Crab Spider 2, which seems fully intent on taking advantage of Serph's lack of control to blast it with stun rays from the rear, staying as close to the edge of the circle as possible to avoid Serph's little heatwave.

KR watches all this with neutral expression, taking a second to glance briefly at her watch. From the looks of things Serph's kinda lost it and she should really be ending the test right now, but with only 12 seconds left on the clock she's got a mind to see where this thing goes.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-07-14 at 10:31 AM.